Quick Q about Ehlek

How different did the mutated Ehlek look compared to a normal member of his species. Were his spines his only mutation like his BS01 article implies, or did he undergo other mutations too?

All I know is that he was mutated very little compared to the other Barraki, and he grew spines.

• Upvote 2

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

The spines, yes. I suspect his mandibles (present on the other Barraki) were a part of it, as well. Otherwise, there was no change. Takadox recognized the other members of Ehlek's race immediately, and described them as being different in that they lacked the spines on their backs.

• Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

If I remember right, Greg said Ehlek was changed the least out of the six because he was already a water breather. So I would imagine his changes were minimal. Maybe making his spines bigger or something along those lines.

• Upvote 2

~Xeo~

I agree with T1S, though who knows. I made an edit of an image from BS01 showing this basic idea. *digs it up*

http://s14.postimg.org/lxwavhvcx/32h_Ehlek.png

The original looked like this:

http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/2/21/BMH_Barraki_Boss_3.png

• Upvote 5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I believe the Pit also gave him the ability to conduct electricity through the spines as well, whereas before he didn't have that power. (Come to think of it, did any of the Barraki have powers pre-mutateon?)

Yes. Takadox had hypnotic abilities, but they were much weaker. The mutagen strengthened them. Beyond that, none of the Barraki had any powers, so to speak--only natural abilities granted by the mutation (i.e. shark-like senses for Pridak, venomous spines for Mantax, etc)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Spines, spikey head, and some protosteel toothpicks

• Upvote 3

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell