Bionicle: The Beginning

Aris621

I want to know whats your story about the beginning of BIONICLE. How it all started for you? How and when did you get your first BIONICLE set? Tell your whole story here...For me, it all started in 2004. I was pretty young (about 7 years old) and I had never heard of BIONICLE. Until I went to a birthday of a friend. My mom had bought Toa Metru Vakama as a birthday present for him. When I saw it, I asked what it actually was. My friend says it is a BIONICLE. So... I really want that thing too. So I asked to my parents if I can get a BIONICLE as well. My mom said that I had to wait for my own birthday.So finaly on my own birthday, I'd got my first BIONICLE set: Toa Metru Vakama... It was an awsome set, and my first set ever. But... then I want more XD... So sometimes my parents had bought another BIONICLE for me, until I'd got all the Toa Metru. And later a started to buy them by myself.That was how it all started for me. Whats your story?

Edited by Aris621

300px-Toa_Mata_Sets.jpg

Alright i'll try to make it short.It was Christmas eve 2001 my grandfather was driving me back from his house that about two hour away (100 miles) from where i lived then when we hit a part of the road notorious for black ice this led to that we were in a car crash. we were luckily not harmed very much i had bruises from seat belt, a decent chunk of my bottom lip gone and glass in my ear while he had to get his nose re attached. Well then we were able to get home and by that time it was already christmas so it just so happens the first present i opened was a nui-rama set and for some odd reason i was just so happy that it made my christmas especially since it was from my grandfather ( god bless his soul). And that is how i became a bionicle fan.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm not actually sure, becuase i was born 2 years before bionicle was out, but i was definately into the bohrok, and then i became a real fan, intruged to the story, and then, in 2007, i discovered bzpower, but i was 8 years old, and I didnt know it had a forum xD. i always checked the site for the latest set reviews and news,and one fateful day in 2008, my older brother (in 5th grade xD) said that there was a forum, i was like "what?" and he clicked it, and he was reading the forums. when he said fan created games and comic, i was hooked. a month later, i joined this site, became a noob, and i might still be *shrug*

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I got into Bionicle the year the first sets were released. My Mom and I were walking through a store (I believe it was a Toys-r-us, though I'm not sure) and I happened to spot the Toa Mata canisters sitting on the store shelves. I grabbed Tahu and Lewa that day, but I didn't stop there. I eventually collected them all, and then the next wave of sets, and then the next wave of sets...I discovered the books in 03 (If I remember correctly) and I found BZP in 06. And that is how I became a fan of Bionicle. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

In 2001, my mom and I where rushing down the street going to somewhere important that I don't remember (geez, I was only 4).Anyways, we had to get something quick to eat so we stopped by our local McDoald's. After eating a great cheeseburger, I found a cool looking toy in the bottom of my Happy Meal: it was Huki....and you can probably guess where the story goes from there...

Edited by Tiakor

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

Easter 2001. I went to Wal-Mart and I wanted to get a Star Wars Lego set. I remember it was one of the Endor ones with the Stormtroopers on speeders. My dad said I had enough Lego Star Wars set and told me to get something else. I went to the end of the aisle and saw a bunch of silver canisters covering the shelves from top to bottom. I picked up Tahu first but his canister was opened so I put him back. Then I got Kopaka and that's how it started.

Yeah storytime!So... back in 2001, I was in the living room wathcing TV. Then there were a bunch of commercials, and guess what? There was a Bionicle commercial! So then I begged my parents to let me have one, and about a week or two later, i got my first Bionicle: Tahu Mata. Then about a month or two later I got Gali and Pohatu Mata, and a Nui-Rama set. I fell in love with their ingenuity and playability, and they still have some nostalgia for me. :sigh:

It was some time in 2002. My grandmother gets me two Va, I think for my birthday, but it might have been Christmas. We were so inept that we glued the Krana onto their backs. This led to getting into the story as well as the rest of the sets.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

In 2001, my mom and I where rushing down the street going to somewhere important that I don't remember (geez, I was only 4).Anyways, we had to get something quick to eat so we stopped by our local McDoald's. After eating a great cheeseburger, I found a cool looking toy in the bottom of my Happy Meal: it was Huki....and you can probably guess where the story goes from there...

ah i remember those mcdonalds things however up here in alaska they lasted into 2002 so i was able to get some. For some odd reason i always ended up getting matoro so i litterly ended up with 5 matoro. Matoro kaita...lol

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, I started getting interested in Bionicle when I started reading the comics with my brothers. It was about the time the Inika came out, and about a week after we started reading the comics, we got Hahli, Jaller, and Kongu. I remember we got Garan, another Garan, and Balta in the mail beforehand, and I think that's how we started reading the comics. I was only six, but I remember it pretty well.Still, I'm here now with all my Bionicles taking up a lot of space in my room. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

hmm not really sure, either i got my first set Tahu Mata at some store in like 2000 or somewhere around that time, or either i got my Jaller mctoran, and my parents decided to buy me actualy bionicle sets. Not sure...but anyways, im glad I got into bionicle.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I was into Roboriders before and into Bionicle's very first debut. My friend introduced me to Bionicle in 2001, and I decided to get some of the sets. My parents gave me all 6 Toa Mata that Christmas and, after exploring the storyline and websites, I became instantly hooked! I have loved Bionicle from its genesis to now. I have just about 90% of all the sets. I still love it!

nytronepic2_copy.png

Funnily enough, it was 10 years ago today that I received my first Lego Bionicle set, it was Vakama, I then was hooked, making sure I managed to get as many as possible. When I heard Bionicle was being replaced with HF I was fuming, but then just decided to hand down all my sets to my other siblings. I am 15 now and looking at this website takes me back to when I was a 'Kid'.

Back in 2000 (or maybe 2001), I went into McDonald's for a quick snack. I got Mctoran Jaller in my Happy Meal, and my interest only went up from there :) I saw the Toa Mata as early as '99, in a Lego set flyer, but of course I didn't - couldn't - get any sets then.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Back in 2000 (or maybe 2001), I went into McDonald's for a quick snack. I got Mctoran Jaller in my Happy Meal, and my interest only went up from there :) I saw the Toa Mata as early as '99, in a Lego set flyer, but of course I didn't - couldn't - get any sets then.

How is it possible that you saw the Mata in '99 when they came out two years later?

How is it possible that you saw the Mata in '99 when they came out two years later?
that is very good question. Because there is no way possible not even if you live in a country that gets things earlier than america such as japan. And i hardly doubt lego would put it out two years earlier, I could see a few months before like what they have done with a few bionicle sets where some of the sets will come out in December of the year before.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

that is very good question. Because there is no way possible not even if you live in a country that gets things earlier than america such as japan. And i hardly doubt lego would put it out two years earlier, I could see a few months before like what they have done with a few bionicle sets where some of the sets will come out in December of the year before.
Maybe he means the Robo riders?Anyway, I originally saw the sets in Mcdonalds, but didn't think anything of them... but I later got to handle them, thought they were cool, and got Onua and Kohrak for my birthday.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

It all started in late 2003/early 2004 when I bought the MoL movie. I was hooked on the style of the sets, but didn't get anything until after my birthday in June. I bought Toa Vakama, and my obsession with BIONICLE only went up from that point. (Then down a bit)

AXKP5KC.png

I started collecting much differently from everyone else it seems...It was back in April, THIS year. I had found Tarduk in my brother's room, and asked him about it. He gave it to me, and I played around with it, trying to understand it. When the pieces came off, I asked if that was suppose to happen. Yes. I later asked him what it was. He said BIONICLE. So I did a little research, and dawn begun. Back then, I didn't understand the difference between Bionicle and Hero Factory, so I ended up getting a bunch of HF sets before actually understanding the difference. So, after research, I realized about how much I had missed out on. That's when eBay had begun. :P...And I took it from there. (BTW, I asked my mom for Cahdok and Gahdok for Christmas xD)

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

My first bionicle was bought about 6 years ago, in 2005. I was at a Wal-Mart in Iowa, and I found a "building toy". Since I liked to build(still do), I asked my mon if she would buy it. That set (blue Visorak) kicked it all off.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Guest TahuOmega

I was five, I was at ToysRUs and saw Lewa and Kopaka in 2001 and decided to get them cuz I thought they were cool. Everything went much deeper after then..... not so much anymore.

Sometime around ~2004, my friends who are complete Bionicle fans told me about Bionicle. Then I went to wal-mart and saw a MASSIVE display of Vahki, so I just had to get one. Then I found a 1-footed Turahk at a thrift store for like 25 cents.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped at a McDonald's on the way to my grandma's house in Philadelphia(back when the chicken meat was dark; I hated the taste), and they were selling those promotional McToran. I got Macku, and was hooked. For my birthday a few months later, I got Pohatu Nuva and Onua Mata, and gradually completed my 2001 and 2002 hero collections.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

• 2 weeks later...