Journey to the City of the Mask Makers

Lots of people let us know that LEGO has released Episode 9 of the Bionicle animations in English. You can check out "The City of the Mask Makers" on LEGO.com or YouTube, depending on your preference. Tahu receives a message from Ekimu as our heroes continue their journey to wake him. But what's that at the end? Probably a hint at the summer story, which I can't wait to hear more about!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

"The masks will guide us!"

Nice try, Onua, but I think you meant to say, "Trust in the masks; let them be your guide."

• Upvote 6

That episode was actually really cool. I always do like when media shows you the aftermath of a climactic battle rather than just ending with the end of the battle. I watched the first season finale of Arrow with my parents last night, and while it was an awesome finale, it definitely left me wanting more, since it ended immediately after a major event without giving even a glimpse of how the event would influence the direction the characters would take going forward. I think stories often work a lot better if you do leave room for a little bit of "falling action" at the end of one arc before leaping into the "rising action" at the beginning of the next arc. Even though we still don't know what the events of the next story arc might be, this latest episode at least tells us what the next step in the Toa's quest will be. Plus we get a teeny-tiny teaser of the villains they will be facing!

My favorite part of this episode, though, is the credits. It's good to know who we should thank for this wave's sets and story! The human creative input that makes BIONICLE (or any franchise I love) what it is has always fascinated me. Thankfully, just as in G1, the G2 BIONICLE team has been very open about the "making of" its sets and storyline. Even though we don't have a direct contact for our questions like we had in Greg Farshtey back in G1 (which has its pros and cons), the first info we got about this reboot came from a New York Comic-Con panel, and subsequently we've gotten a LEGO Club Magazine interview, a LEGO Club Magazine insert featuring story details and concept art, and a series of designer videos (something even G1 didn't have). I hope this discourse between the creators and fans continues in the future!

• Upvote 5

I like this episode. It shows some good suspense. Now we get to see a hand from one of the summer villains that Toa would be facing. Plus, I like Pohatu's seriousness. He sounds cool.

Onua is being resourceful again. I like that, too. He is like on the roll, so it could more possible that he would be the leader of the Masters. Plus, his quote about masks reminds me of Vakama's back in the Mask of Light movie.

I love to see the credits. It's cool to see Greg Farshtey and Christian Faber in there.:)

However, there is one funny thing about Tahu and it is that he stuttered when he is hearing Ekimu's voice. I don't know why he did that.

Ekimu sounds like an old man. Well, that's unexpecting.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Eh....

I really like the concept of the videos, and the story, and the characters. I guess the only thing I don't like about these videos is the VA. (Only saying this because I just watched all of them.)

I really like how this arc is progressing, though. I just wish there was a little more... clarification on the bad guys other than, "evil forces" Come on, Protectors, the Turaga are totally outdoing you in the information department!

• Upvote 1

Defy Expectations

that episode was kinda lame except pohatu and ending, btw did anyone see the vahi in this episode.

yep near the end at 0:53

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Eh....

I really like the concept of the videos, and the story, and the characters. I guess the only thing I don't like about these videos is the VA. (Only saying this because I just watched all of them.)

I really like how this arc is progressing, though. I just wish there was a little more... clarification on the bad guys other than, "evil forces" Come on, Protectors, the Turaga are totally outdoing you in the information department!

And that's really saying something.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Bat-Pohatu is best Pohatu. That is all.

I like Bat-Pohatu, too. He just sounds awesome. Though I still miss his cheerful G1 self, but sounding like Batman is cool. Doesn't feel classic that way, but okay, in terms of the reboot.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I said it in the Official Bionicle 2015 topic, and I'll say it again; Pohatu seemed to be taking a sort of leadership role here in this episode. Not that its a bad thing. In fact, I would love to see him become the leader of the team. His Gen 2 attitude could make a really cool leader in the future storyline IMO. 

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm disappointed by the quick defeat of the Lord of skull spiders. What happens now to the spiders under its control? What was its goal? Why did it want the masks? Looking forward to see how the new enemies are presented, and if those questions are going to be answered (and maybe a LoSS comeback. no? okay...)

Yes bring back the Lord of Skull Spiders. Maybe even more than one. An army of Lord of Skull Spiders evolved from the baby skull spiders.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Cool episode, really setting up the summer line nicely.

Also my favourite quote was Tahu's "Quiet! Baagjajgiajir weird voice in my head again"

-NotS

Yes, Tahu is funny throughout the webisodes. In this one, he stuttered funny for some reason. LOL!:P

Anyway, the episode 9 is up in Bionicle.com: http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/videos/9-the-city-of-the-mask-makers-ec73896e670146288c1be9d6d6b60c08 (sorry for the long thing.:( )

I am looking forward for new webisodes in the summer because I love them so far.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1