Dragon Priest Huna

Crunchyn

Done in an hour? Dude, that looks incredible! How'd you manage the detailing? Is that sculpted in, or is it a "pasted" skin?

The detailing was sculpted in using the damstandard brush.

• Upvote 1

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

A proper Bionicle mask. B-) Well done on this! Looks like it came straight from a tribal world from our Earth.

At first when you said 'modeling class', i took it as a form of clay sculpting. :lol:  Had that really been the case, i would seriously doubt the time-slot you've given. it's all good now, after looking at the picture, I could eventually tell it was CGI and the class name made sense to me.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

This definitely has the feel of a dragon priest mask, although perhaps the carvings could be a bit less cluttered if you were to go for a full on dragon priest feel. Still, great job on this one.

Ideally if I were to go back to work on this, I'd change the carving design to be more truthful to BIONICLE roots i.e.  Maori culture so more spirals and curves. It's just unfortunate that the eye design is far synonymous with Skyrim dragon priest masks than the african design I was inspired by.

Whoa! So....how about you make a mod that turns the Dragon Priest masks you have to collect into a different type of Dragon Kanohi? Just saying, that would be amazing. I love how this turned out!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after a week or so to think about it, I finally realized what this reminds me of:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/5288709/il_fullxfull.445466265_nlm8.jpg

Which does give it a cool, creepy primitive aesthetic.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work, hope to see more like this. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

As somebody who recently got Skyrim for myself (and my account has already logged 244 hours), although I've played it for two years on a friend's console, I can say I very much approve of this. The detailing is quite top notch, and I could totally see this as loot from a Dragon Priest.

Currently Working On: City of the Fallen - Character Building and Script Writing

To Do: City of the Fallen - Voice Acting and Animation, Deathmatch - Character Building and Script Writing

"Wherever you go, you had better be looking over your shoulder - because one day I will be there. And I promise you it will be the last thing you will ever see."
— Lesovikk to Karzahni, Dreams of Destruction

Reminds me of those oracle dudes from Jak and Daxter. Excellent work!

Man, you're right!  I love those games.

About the mask itself... Amazing piece of art.  Knowing that the patterns were brushed onto it really makes it more impressive.  Well done!

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

This looks amazing! Its like a Huna-shaped mask one could possibly find in Skyrim. And the fact that you made this in one hour just makes it even cooler.

Congrats on this being featured on the front page!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It kinda reminds me of the face of the Krazoa god from Star fox adventures/Dinosaur planet.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Awesome! Any chance of this turning into a Skyrim mod?

This is beautiful... is it 3D printable?

Thanks, BZP, for the feature. I could get this into Skyrim if I were to retopologize it that is make the polycount smaller. At the moment we're talking millions of polygons which is mainly to be able to sculpt the small details that I did. Unfortunately I am out of school and I can't get into the PC lab during the summer because it's being reserved for certain projects.

Edited by Crunchyn