(All pics link to Flickr)

17393179862_ce2140a102_z.jpg

17208942199_91e6d09a21_z.jpg

Function Video (5 seconds)

I was realizing the day before yesterday that the 2015 Toa have one strategic advantage over the 2015 BIONICLE villains: none of the villains appear to be able to fly. So I thought I'd even the odds. Obviously, I had to use a few placeholder parts, but I still think it conveys the general idea I was going for. Skull Ripper includes 87 pieces total, and so I imagine she would hit about the same $15 price point as the other skull villains.

Skull Ripper's torso features the same Technic function as Skull Basher's, but here it serves two very different purposes. From a standing position, it allows Skull Ripper to stab an opponent with her talons. In flight, it allows her to flap her wings.

Ideally, I'd prefer Skull Ripper to use Tr. Blue instead of Tr. Light Blue, but from a practical standpoint I found that I had a more useful range of pieces in Tr. Light Blue.

Thoughts, comments, criticism? Please share! This is my first MOC I've completed to my satisfaction in a few months, so I'm very proud of it, but I'm sure there's room for improvement!

• Upvote 7

As I said on Facebook, this is great! Definitely carries the look of the Skull Gang, and I love the improvised use of the bashing function. Simple build, but like I did with my Geared Soldier, I see you were focusing more on functionality. Don't get me wrong--it works exceptionally well here. :) Makes me wish we were getting something like this as a set.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Very nice, I like the inclusion of play functionality.

The wide hips and skeletal lower legs also works very well, invoking a somewhat avian appearance.

I also think the light translucent blue might be preferrable to regular translucent blue, it lightens the color scheme and gives a warm /cold contrast to the translucent orange, as well as a light/ dark contrast to the black pieces used.

Overall a really nice model.