Noble Kanohi Ruru

Petewa

In art class, I'm supposed to make a face mask, and I'm the only one in my class who actually wanted it to fit their face, and so now, I'm supposed to paint it, but my art teacher said to draw out the designs onto the masks before painting, and so I decided to do something BIONICLE related with this opportunity, and drew down the key details of one of the most swaggery Kanohi around.

27517920d1432143801-another-gerthian-art

27517921d1432143801-another-gerthian-art

27517922d1432143801-another-gerthian-art

27517923d1432143801-another-gerthian-art

Any suggestions on what colour to paint it?

• Upvote 1

Either the familiar dark grey or black would do. :)

That's just me, though.

Looks good!

Thanks.

Apparently I spent the entire class trying to get it symmetrical, so I'm gonna have to start painting it tomorrow.

Sounds like me with my metal art. :P I get so caught up in the details that I have to crunch for time to get all the heavy stuff done. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

It looks really good. I did something exactly like this a while ago, except I made a Miru.

E67dl4Y.jpg?1

Thanks, and I need a better internet browser, all I see is the boxed question mark. :/

I'm thinking I'll probably paint it black and purple, like...

27517959d1432152156-another-gerthian-art

The second one to the bottom in the farthest column to the right.

Edited by D5 Petewa

Hey, that looks really accurate! I'm impressed! I also like ow it can fit on a human face. That should just be a necessity. And just paint it grey, man. Wear some black and grey, tape a working power drill to a staff or thin pole, and then hunch yourself over and call yourself the Turaga.

• Upvote 4

mindeth the cobwebs

Hey, that looks really accurate! I'm impressed! I also like ow it can fit on a human face. That should just be a necessity. And just paint it grey, man. Wear some black and grey, tape a working power drill to a staff or thin pole, and then hunch yourself over and call yourself the Turaga.

Hah! Thanks, though I'm not sure where I'd get a drill, or even a small pole, for that matter, I'm pretty sure I'll just paint it black and purple, though I'll sleep on it, see if I change my mind in the morning.

Hah! Thanks, though I'm not sure where I'd get a drill, or even a small pole, for that matter, I'm pretty sure I'll just paint it black and purple, though I'll sleep on it, see if I change my mind in the morning.

You're welcome! And the whole staff think is something to work for. :D And not painting it grey would be a missed opportunity, but it's not my mask.

mindeth the cobwebs

You're welcome! And the whole staff think is something to work for. :D And not painting it grey would be a missed opportunity, but it's not my mask.

I guess I just really wanna use purple paint :P

Ooh! Why not save it for a Pakari?

Edited by Toa Varova

mindeth the cobwebs

Because I've already got the Ruru design down, and am only allowed to make one mask.

Black & Purple? Reminds me of the endermen from minecraft.

Anyway, this is a cool project, if I had some paint and masks, I would definitely try this out.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Because I've already got the Ruru design down, and am only allowed to make one mask.

Wait, so you can't get a hold of the same materials at home?

mindeth the cobwebs

Wait, so you can't get a hold of the same materials at home?

I wouldn't know where to look, would need someone to apply the gauze to the face of (or to apply it to mine) and I don't get that many chances to get to any stores.

Black & Purple? Reminds me of the endermen from minecraft.

Anyway, this is a cool project, if I had some paint and masks, I would definitely try this out.

Thanks! My brother made the same observation.

Painted it today, decided to go with bright purple and turaga gray. So, I painted the purple first, and then I made turaga gray on the palette, but once the paint dried, it became gunmetal. Had to take the picture as the bell rung, can't tell why it looks blue in the picture.

27518085d1432232500-another-gerthian-art

Still gotta re-draw the lines painted over, add a headstrap.

Cool.

Got the mask back today, soon as I get home I'm gonna throw on some black stuff and grab a stick.

Main problem: My art teacher stacked the masks when he was grading them, meaning that plaster, glitter, and other people's paint got on my mask. had to wash it off and the black paint went screwy in a couple places (apparently it turns back to liquid when water's added) still can't get the glitter off, but I think I managed to cover it up.

27519272d1432749425-another-gerthian-art

Oh I see a classmate in one of them pictures,, hope she signed a waver... :P

Anyway really cool mask there and Loving that you went with the Earth Element one. Is there a reason you only have a hole for your nose and not, Oh I don't know, for your eyes so you can see? Or is the material thin enough you can actually see out of it?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The hole's there in the nose because I had to be able to breath when the plaster was being layered on my face, there's no holes in the eyes because the plaster was laid to heavily to cut through, partly due to an inside joke. (When my brother an I fight eachother, I'm always blindfolded because apparently sight is an unfair advantage) And then a secondary joke that despite it being a mask of night vision, I can't see.

An interesting story and the hole for the nose makes sense. We wouldn't want you to suffocate under there. Also that is a cool/cruel irony that the Mask of Night Vision when worn actually prevents all manner of sight. Sounds more like a cursed mask. You know while wearing it your view of the world is perpetually dark.

Fun fact: Fighting blindfolded could be an advantage as over time it could strengthen your other senses actually giving yourself a further advantage.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 7 months later...

I really like it, but your nose sticking out is very funny and does not seem to fit with the rest of the mask. I know this thread is pretty old, but I was going to make a mask like that and I wanted to see how others had done it. I think when I do mine I might have to add in a nose cover. Can you see out of the mask? If so, you did a great job hiding the eyeholes.

Matoro died to save Mata Nui, Lhikan died to save Vakama, Sidorak died... Never mind.

I really like it, but your nose sticking out is very funny and does not seem to fit with the rest of the mask. I know this thread is pretty old, but I was going to make a mask like that and I wanted to see how others had done it. I think when I do mine I might have to add in a nose cover. Can you see out of the mask? If so, you did a great job hiding the eyeholes.

The hole's there in the nose because I had to be able to breath when the plaster was being layered on my face, there's no holes in the eyes because the plaster was laid to heavily to cut through, partly due to an inside joke. (When my brother an I fight eachother, I'm always blindfolded because apparently sight is an unfair advantage) And then a secondary joke that despite it being a mask of night vision, I can't see.

Please don't post in threads that have not received a reply in 60 days or more.

Revived topic closed.