Your Profile Picture

IcarusBen

I found mine on Tumblr.  It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen; I just had to have it as my profile pic.

I made this pic of Toriel from looking over at my figurine of her and imagining her holding a toothpick, then I imagined that toothpick was a flag and she was also wearing shades and a cap, so I drew her like that minus the cap, because horns.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 2 weeks later...

since my next name change isn't till like november i decided i should keep my icon up to date with the coming holidays, including the most important, halloween

​(blizzard if you make a cool halloween skin for mccree i'll actually put destiny down and start playing overwatch again)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Chiaki Tani (Shinken Green) from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.  It can also be Mike (Green Ranger) from Power Rangers Samurai, but since I love Shinkenger and hate Power Rangers Samurai, I'd rather take it as the former.

one of my favorite images from the photo sessions Chelsea Wolfe did to promote her album Abyss.

it coincidentally makes a nice set with my banner, which is actually not related at all but part of the cover of Altar of Plagues's Teethed Glory & Injury album.

Edited by Serein

• 4 weeks later...

My new one is the Jake the Dog minifigure from LEGO Dimensions.  I'm probably going to keep it for the rest of November.

My avatar is the Roman Emperor Alexios Komnenos, savior of the Roman Empire (Rhomania) and founder of the Komnenian Restoration era of the Roman Empire. He was the second Komnenos to rule Rhomania, reigned from 1081-1118 AD, and his life was recorded by his daughter Anna Komnenos in the book-collection The Alexiad. He failed a couple times, notably with stuff regarding the Normans, but despite his setbacks he was able to save his country from utter and certain doom.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 1 month later...

The Scientists of Daniel witness the sky, and go west to the appointed king of their people's homeland to find the whereabouts of Emmanuel.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Been listening to a lot Sabaton recently, and I was reminded of how I sent them a song idea a couple weeks ago. It's topic was the May 29th 1453 Fall of Constantinople, and with it the final fall of the Roman Empire after 1500 years of continuous rule (the 1204 incident kinda makes this grey), and the Roman civilization that started in 753 BC. Lots of poetry can be used with it, and its a great topic for an epic battle ballad. Especially how the last Roman Emperor Constantine 11th threw off his crown and royal robes, ordered the keep gates opened, and charged with his soldiers to certain death as an equal among his subjects, embracing the destiny of his people and empire head on, eventually dying cut down by the Ottoman horde after taking a number with him. With him were Italian gunmen, Romano-Greek fire-throwers, viking varangian guardsmen and regular soldiers and civilians, as canon-shot boulders, javelins, arrows, liquid fire, and bullets flew through the Queen of Cities under Heaven before the End of an Era.

So here is a statue of him, in honor of that Marble King, with the imperial flag of his dynastic ancestors, and his last stand of the Romans.

Enter, the Renaissance.

"Throw your soldiers into positions once there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight" ~ Sun Wu Tzu

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Been listening to a lot Sabaton recently, and I was reminded of how I sent them a song idea a couple weeks ago. It's topic was the May 29th 1453 Fall of Constantinople, and with it the final fall of the Roman Empire after 1500 years of continuous rule (the 1204 incident kinda makes this grey), and the Roman civilization that started in 753 BC. Lots of poetry can be used with it, and its a great topic for an epic battle ballad. Especially how the last Roman Emperor Constantine 11th threw off his crown and royal robes, ordered the keep gates opened, and charged with his soldiers to certain death as an equal among his subjects, embracing the destiny of his people and empire head on, eventually dying cut down by the Ottoman horde after taking a number with him. With him were Italian gunmen, Romano-Greek fire-throwers, viking varangian guardsmen and regular soldiers and civilians, as canon-shot boulders, javelins, arrows, liquid fire, and bullets flew through the Queen of Cities under Heaven before the End of an Era.

So here is a statue of him, in honor of that Marble King, with the imperial flag of his dynastic ancestors, and his last stand of the Romans.

Enter, the Renaissance.

"Throw your soldiers into positions once there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight" ~ Sun Wu Tzu

Nobody ever has any love for Trebizond.

Enter, the Renaissance.

Haha.

• Upvote 2

--snip--

Nobody ever has any love for Trebizond.

:P  After 1261 the rulers of Trebizond ceased their use of the title of Emperor of the Romans and in 1282 relinquished their imperial robes for the legal title of Despot (king), calling themselves the Autocrat of the East. They were a Roman-successor state, much like the earlier Soissons of Gaul and Illyria under Julius Nepos.

Enter, the Renaissance.

Haha.

This reminds me of when I had an avatar of Alexios I Komnenos and Irrie had one of  Mohammed 'Alp Arslan' Seljuq :lol:

---

look-at-me-im-the-roman-empire-now-spicy

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Black jumble of shattered shapes and pieces all moving as a wave. From Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

It fits my mind right now.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Jo, in any context or usage, is a universal word. Seriously, I have like 5 friends with 'Jo' in their name.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong topic. It's been too long. xD

Anyhow, me? I'm just this unholy deformation of the Pyro. Seriously, how does this sorta thing happen!?

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii
  • Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png