Kopaka Debate Topic

Mish

I have studied Kopaka in depth and decided to post a topic on the most controversial and talked about things about him, including personality, old vs. new, weapons, looks...

New vs. Old

Armour:   

2001 white w/ Ltgrey 

2002 white grey silver

2008 white grey silver titanium

2015 white gold blue silver

Mask:   :akaku:  :akakunu:

2001 standard Akaku

2002 Akaku Nuva

2008 Adaptive armour Akaku Nuva

2015 Mask of Ice

Weapons:

2001 sword and buckler

2002 sword/spear/ski combo and shield

2008 midak skyblaster w/ ice bayonet

2015 spear and shield/ski/sword combo

Personality:

Old

Kopaka is cold, aloof, and anti-social. He prefers to work alone, and only agrees to team up with others when needed, and simply leaves company when his presence is no longer required. While he does see the importance of teamwork, he still feels uncomfortable by it. Kopaka and Tahu often clashed and disagreed on personal view-points and decisions, though both have begun building a respect for each other over time. After continuously working together with his team, Kopaka has matured, developing a sense of appreciating unity. He has a peculiar friendship with Pohatu despite their opposing personalities, and is closely connected to his other teammates as well. As such, any of them coming to great harm is one of the few things that can set Kopaka off; his usually cold temper, when unleashed, can drive him to take on his enemies regardless of any personal harm he may suffer.

An intellectual by nature, Kopaka has an excellent understanding of how things work, as well as very good analytical skills. He was known to spend time pondering mysteries in the Ko-Koro Sanctum.

Kopaka has control over the element of Ice. He can freeze water, stop snow falling, whip up immense blizzards, cause avalanches, make the temperature drop, freeze his enemy into a solid chunk of ice, or unleash blasts of ice. After becoming a Toa Nuva, these abilities were greatly enhanced, and also allowed him to use Kanohi Nuva.

quoted from Bioniclesector01's abilities and traits section

New

Kopaka is noble and reserved. Upholding his own strict moral code he strives to be perfect and always "do the right thing". A fact that often makes him appear formal and even cold in the eyes of others. Luckily Kopaka's clumsiness and his not too solid direction sense help the other heroes remember that, after all, Kopaka is just a Toa like them.

quoted from Lego.com's Kopaka profile

Kopaka is calm and reserved, due to his own strict moral code, and this outwardly austere attitude often makes him appear cold to his teammates. He is also a perfectionist, and the pressure he puts on himself often makes him seem cold to others. However, he is clumsy and has a poor sense of direction.

MBTI type: INTJ

NOW YOU COMMENT

Edited by Mish
  • Upvote 4

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

The Adaptive Armor version was by far my least favorite

The weapon didn't have any connection to previous incarnations of him, the mask was backwards (his looker was usually on the other side), and I just didn't like it. It could've been better.

The best one I think is still the 2015 version. Personality may need to grow a little bit, but the weapons, the armor, the appearance are completely Kopaka! He's just a more believable character with the flaw of clumsiness (even if it is goofy/not like gen 1). Also the light blue makes it look like he's part of the element (which is genius, not to mention cool!) (subtle laughter). But yeah, I also like it's clearly Kopaka: it resembles his 2 earliest forms very well. I approve of it.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Personality:

New

Kopaka is calm and reserved, due to his own strict moral code, and this outwardly austere attitude often makes him appear cold to his teammates. He is also a perfectionist, and the pressure he puts on himself often makes him seem cold to others. However, he is clumsy and has a poor sense of direction.

MBTI type: INTJ

NOW YOU COMMENT

SO he did slip... He just didn't fall. There is a difference people. The term " To Slip and Fall" has the word 'Fall' in it for a reason. Because you have to do both. He slipped but he didn't fall. That is all.

Bad sense of Direction. Yep that sounds like me. I am directionally challenged. That is to say I can get directions mixed up and the more of them there are the more likely it is to happen. "Was I suppose to go left here or back there? Wait I turned right when I was coming didn't I? So that means I have to turn left here? Dude stop laughing it isn't funny."

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Kopaka 2015 looks terrible with his golden mask on thanks to the gold armour thaat he has. It should've at least been silver. 2008 Kopaka wasn't great. My only problems were the ocverall armour (could've added a bit more) and he only had one weapon which was a skyblaster. He should've had some meelee weapons that resemble the ones he had previously and his gun could've been a shield like 2014 Optimus Prime. Thats my opinion.

His G1 character was better.

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Kopaka 2015 looks terrible with his golden mask on thanks to the gold armour thaat he has. It should've at least been silver. 2008 Kopaka wasn't great. My only problems were the ocverall armour (could've added a bit more) and he only had one weapon which was a skyblaster. He should've had some meelee weapons that resemble the ones he had previously and his gun could've been a shield like 2014 Optimus Prime. Thats my opinion.

I agree with you on the gold being a little too much on top. The mask and the shoulder pads make it look weird, but I wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible; just a little too much.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

I agree with you on the gold being a little too much on top. The mask and the shoulder pads make it look weird, but I wouldn't go as far to say it's terrible; just a little too much.

Yeah I couldve said little too much rather than terrible. But thats what I meant anyways

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

The worst aspect of 08 Kopaka was that his scope thing switched sides. It just irks me a bit.

It irks everyone in the fandom. It also doesn't really make sense either.

One does not simply switch their scope to the opposite side

• Upvote 3

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Personally, I really love the design ideas of the new Kopaka. The original Kopaka was neat, but the fact that two out of the six Toa used swords made the team as a whole less diverse. The new Kopaka switches his sword for a spear (making him a "lancer" both literally and figuratively), and emphasizes his now-massive shield as his "main weapon". This gives him great contrast with Tahu—while Tahu's design emphasizes offense, Kopaka's design (from his shield to his bulky armor) emphasizes defense. And these physical traits mirror their personalities, with the bold and brash Tahu favoring an all-out offensive while the stoic and guarded Kopaka favoring defensive tactics. Finally, I love the new Kopaka's color scheme (which is much more interesting than his mostly monochrome past designs), as well as his weapon's dual functionality (which gives him actual skis as opposed to the original Kopaka Nuva's glorified ice skates). The only thing I really dislike about Kopaka is his "powered up" mode using the Protector of Ice's weapons—and considering the classic Kopaka sets never offered much of an equivalent, that's not really something that can be compared.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally, I really love the design ideas of the new Kopaka. The original Kopaka was neat, but the fact that two out of the six Toa used swords made the team as a whole less diverse. The new Kopaka switches his sword for a spear (making him a "lancer" both literally and figuratively), and emphasizes his now-massive shield as his "main weapon". This gives him great contrast with Tahu—while Tahu's design emphasizes offense, Kopaka's design (from his shield to his bulky armor) emphasizes defense. And these physical traits mirror their personalities, with the bold and brash Tahu favoring an all-out offensive while the stoic and guarded Kopaka favoring defensive tactics. Finally, I love the new Kopaka's color scheme (which is much more interesting than his mostly monochrome past designs), as well as his weapon's dual functionality (which gives him actual skis as opposed to the original Kopaka Nuva's glorified ice skates). The only thing I really dislike about Kopaka is his "powered up" mode using the Protector of Ice's weapons—and considering the classic Kopaka sets never offered much of an equivalent, that's not really something that can be compared.

All of the "powered up" modes for 2015 bother me. Just sayin', but that's another discussion.

Yeah, Tahu & Kopaka are definitely more opposing design-wise in this generation. I also like it for that. Dual functionality was always one of the coolest things Bionicle offered in the earlier days. I loved the Toa Nuva's dual function weapons and Matau had them too, but that was about it. I'm glad that that feature has made a return! And the "ice skates" that's so true lol Glad he has actual skis now! 

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Kopaka 2015 looks terrible with his golden mask on thanks to the gold armour that he has. It should've at least been silver. 2008 Kopaka wasn't great. My only problems were the overall armor (could've added a bit more) and he only had one weapon which was a skyblaster. He should've had some meelee weapons that resemble the ones he had previously and his gun could've been a shield like 2014 Optimus Prime. That's my opinion.

I Agree.  

• Upvote 2

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I definitely prefer Kopaka's new design for many of the reasons Lyi explained. He still stands out as an effective foil to Tahu, but now with less redundant weapons and greater emphasis on the traits that set them apart. Both Tahu and Kopaka stand tall and proud, but Kopaka's heavy armor also helps him feel bundled up, in keeping with his guarded personality and chilly environment, whereas Tahu's armor looks looser, sharper, and more flowing, in keeping with his outgoing personality and sweltering environment.

I also prefer Kopaka's new personality traits, like seeming cold and distant because he holds himself to impossibly lofty ideals rather than just because he hates being around others. In general, I feel like the 2015 Toa's weaknesses are an improvement on their classic flaws, the new ones being challenges they can help each other through as they learn to tolerate and appreciate each other's uniqueness, rather than just bad attitudes that they will have to get over if they ever want to function as a team. And while it's not specific to Kopaka, it's nice that none of the new Toa feel disproportionately disadvantaged as far as their attitudes are concerned. Frankly, G1 Kopaka would have had a better excuse for being so hostile towards his teammates if he weren't just as abrasive to an all-around nice guy like Pohatu (whose biggest flaw was being mildly loud and pushy) as he was to the much less even-tempered Tahu.

G2 Kopaka's clumsiness may be humbling, but any good hero ought to have a sense of humility and an awareness of their own imperfections. And his poor sense of direction could be a sign that he's more detail-oriented than "big picture"-oriented, which would be in keeping with his earlier analytical attitude (which has always been implied by the scopes on his mask). All things considered, I have always been introverted, but I can relate a lot more to G2 Kopaka than to his G1 counterpart. It's nice to have an introverted "loner" character who isn't outright hostile or disagreeable.

• Upvote 8

Kopaka's design is a bit weird... as the gold is all clotted up at the top.

Though I'm eagerly awaiting the G2 Takanuva equivalent... the white and golds I'll get from that, including his new mask, will be more than enough to do a Forgeta, Defender of Light... *u*

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Though I'm eagerly awaiting the G2 Takanuva equivalent... the white and golds I'll get from that, including his new mask, will be more than enough to do a Forgeta, Defender of Light... *u*

What if the 7th toa this time isn't of the light element? :P

Also I think if Kopaka's printed chest plate was white in stead of gold, the model would have a better distribution of gold overall.

• Upvote 3

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

*puts finger to your lips*

Shshshshshshshsh... *shoves my finger farther into your face* ...uhshshshshshshshsh...

• Upvote 1

|

Shshshshshshshsh... *shoves my finger farther into your face* ...uhshshshshshshshsh...

But...I thought it was a valid question  B-) jk

Anyway, there is a universal problem that nobody mentioned yet so I'll do it: Kopaka's new shield attaches to his hand very awkwardly  :bigeek:

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

But...I thought it was a valid question  B-) jk

Anyway, there is a universal problem that nobody mentioned yet so I'll do it: Kopaka's new shield attaches to his hand very awkwardly  :bigeek:

*shoves my hand down your throat* USHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH *shoves sock in your mouth*

But in all seriousness, the way the Protector of Ice's shield connects to the protector is probably the coolest thing I've seen Bionicle do so far in G2, but I will agree that Kopaka's shiel is rather weird, I mean in G1, at least the arm piece was designed so it wasn't so awkward to fit.

• Upvote 1

|

I agree with the opinion that Gen 2 Kopaka has too much gold on the upper half of his body when he is wearing his Golden Mask. With his regular mask on, the color scheme looks great, but the gold one is a little much. I personally think adding some white to his shoulder armor would've fixed this a bit, but that is just my two cents. 

Aside from that, Gen 2 Kopaka is a great set. He has a strong build, cool weapons, and the trans baby blue pieces look really good on him. 

But this version of him isn't my favorite. That would go to Kopaka Nuva from 2002. It may be my nostalgia talking, but I just really like that version of him. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

All of the "powered up" modes for 2015 bother me. Just sayin', but that's another discussion.

Yeah, Tahu & Kopaka are definitely more opposing design-wise in this generation. I also like it for that. Dual functionality was always one of the coolest things Bionicle offered in the earlier days. I loved the Toa Nuva's dual function weapons and Matau had them too, but that was about it. I'm glad that that feature has made a return! And the "ice skates" that's so true lol Glad he has actual skis now!

Well unless you make them a single snow board instead and give Tahu the Skis. Just saying... I vote the board it's sleeker and less likely your legs are going to go in opposite directions in the inopportune time as you head for that tree.

G2 Kopaka's clumsiness may be humbling, but any good hero ought to have a sense of humility and an awareness of their own imperfections. And his poor sense of direction could be a sign that he's more detail-oriented than "big picture"-oriented, which would be in keeping with his earlier analytical attitude (which has always been implied by the scopes on his mask). All things considered, I have always been introverted, but I can relate a lot more to G2 Kopaka than to his G1 counterpart. It's nice to have an introverted "loner" character who isn't outright hostile or disagreeable.

Is that by chance the reason I am directionally challenged? Because I am detail oriented?

As for Kopaka's shoulders I always thought of them as animal pelts. I mean when you tan animal hide it turns brown/gold and what better place to put it than over your shoulders. Here is an image of a good example of what I am talking about...

il_570xN.235785303.jpg

Note: This is not me but a picture I found online...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 2

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well unless you make them a single snow board instead and give Tahu the Skis. Just saying... I vote the board it's sleeker and less likely your legs are going to go in opposite directions in the inopportune time as you head for that tree.

Is that by chance the reason I am directionally challenged? Because I am detail oriented?

As for Kopaka's shoulders I always thought of them as animal pelts. I mean when you tan animal hide it turns brown/gold and what better place to put it than over your shoulders. Here is an image of a good example of what I am talking about...il_570xN.235785303.jpg

Note: This is not me but a picture I found online...

That would be a really good idea. Wolf pelts maybe?

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

No idea, in that picture looks like it could be Coyote. Still There is no reason a larger pelt couldn't cover more of the upper chest as well thus why Kopaka also has a gold chest piece.

Onua.png

No idea, in that picture looks like it could be Coyote. Still There is no reason a larger pelt couldn't cover more of the upper chest as well thus why Kopaka also has a gold chest piece.

No. I meant if wolf pelts would look good on 2015 Kopaka, not if they are in this image. Actually thingking about it know, imagine if there was a wolf coat robe for 2001 Kopaka He would look more epic imo

Edited by Takama Metru
  • Upvote 1

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I think 2015 Kopaka has the best mask whilst his Nuva form had better weapons and dual function. Using Tahu's swords seems clumsy as both a shield and skies to me, and his spear is overdone with the ice addon. Nevertheless, the way that Kopaka Nuva holds his ski blades seems rather impractical. I think his Phantoka form is the worst with the poor proportions, boring design, random gunmetal chest, so-so mask, and the two-handed launcher that doesn't really suit his character. 

No. I meant if wolf pelts would look good on 2015 Kopaka, not if they are in this image. Actually thingking about it know, imagine if there was a wolf coat robe for 2001 Kopaka He would look more epic imo

Well don't just stand there get on it! Um... Better not tell PETA or their Mata Nuian counterparts. I don't think they'd approve.

Onua.png

Fun fact: Since Kopaka's shoulder armor attaches to the ball joints on the CCBS torso, not the gearbox, his shoulder pads can be twisted to rest on his chest and form a bra.

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Fun fact: Since Kopaka's shoulder armor attaches to the ball joints on the CCBS torso, not the gearbox, his shoulder pads can be twisted to rest on his chest and form a bra.

That's not disturbing... no not at all.
  • Upvote 2

Onua.png

That's not disturbing... no not at all.

Why would it be?

Edited by Forgeta
  • Upvote 1

|

What kind of misshapen busts have you been exposed to that would make that begin to even remotely resemble a bra? :confused:

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm assume you enjoyed that very much when you discovered it lol

• Upvote 3

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Not sure if I find the comment more disturbing...or the fact that you actually took the time to notice that...  :confused:

But anyway, one of my favorite things about Kopaka 2015 is that he looks like he's part of the ice with the trans light blue bones :D

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

What kind of misshapen busts have you been exposed to that would make that begin to even remotely resemble a bra? :confused:

I forgot the name of the biotuber,he had a white Kaukau nuva as his profile picture. He's the one who discovered it, not me.  :)

I'm assume you enjoyed that very much when you discovered it lol

It was hilarious when I found the reviewer who pointed it out and if I ever buy a Kopaka set, this is how I'm going to display Kopaka.  :P

Not sure if I find the comment more disturbing...or the fact that you actually took the time to notice that...  :confused:

But anyway, one of my favorite things about Kopaka 2015 is that he looks like he's part of the ice with the trans light blue bones :D

I forgot the name of the biotuber,he had a white Kaukau nuva as his profile picture. He's the one who noticed it, not me. I agree, he looks way better than his previous forms with trans light blue in his color scheme. The gen 1 Kopakas  looked pretty boring with just gray, white, silver and gunmetal. 

EDIT: Here's the link to the Kopaka review I saw. Skip to 5:43 if you want to see what I was talking about for yourself.  Be advised, there is a language warning. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

the powerups probably only qualify as powerups because they have the elemental blasters.

• Upvote 2

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

I forgot the name of the biotuber,he had a white Kaukau nuva as his profile picture. He's the one who noticed it, not me. I agree, he looks way better than his previous forms with trans light blue in his color scheme. The gen 1 Kopakas  looked pretty boring with just gray, white, silver and gunmetal.

Well yeah The Mata were the first Toa sets with nothing but room to improve. Naturally he could look boring in comparison. You know what I want to see, What He would look like as both a Matoran and Turaga. Even though we know the Toa Mata were some of the few Toa who never had Matoran forms, they still have the option of having Turaga forms. So how would they loo you think?

Onua.png

the powerups probably only qualify as powerups because they have the elemental blasters.

But I wasn't really big on blasters ever...and I'm still not. I'm mainly a gear guy. I respect the new stud blasters because they are really cool and they work very well, but I don't think the Toa need them when they've got gears. (This is my personal opinion/preference). 

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Well don't just stand there get on it! Um... Better not tell PETA or their Mata Nuian counterparts. I don't think they'd approve.

Work has already being done.....Kopaka will make it as a DLC for Skyrim

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

Work has already being done.....Kopaka will make it as a DLC for Skyrim

"I used to be a toa like you, until I slipped"