Official Ebay Auctions Topic

Watashi Wa

What's an acceptable price to pay for wild kraata? I've been buying quite a few of them and I don't know if I'm overpaying or not. Some bricklink sellers have them as low as 50 cents, others as high as $3. I paid about $55 for a lot of 71 kraata, mostly wild, seems like I'm overpaying by quite a bit if they're only worth 50 cents.

This seller is selling loads of cheap stuff, at least if you're in Canada: http://www.ebay.com/sch/hell_jumper_056/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Also, I've started to go back to eBay and hunt Bionicles, but I seem to have noticed something... is it just me, or have Bionicle prices on eBay gone up noticeably since G2 released? Anyone else noticing Bonkles being a little more pricey?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This seller is selling loads of cheap stuff, at least if you're in Canada: http://www.ebay.com/sch/hell_jumper_056/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Also, I've started to go back to eBay and hunt Bionicles, but I seem to have noticed something... is it just me, or have Bionicle prices on eBay gone up noticeably since G2 released? Anyone else noticing Bonkles being a little more pricey?

Asking prices have definitely gone up, but prices at which the item sells have stayed mostly the same. At the end of the day people can ask whatever they want, it all depends on what it actually will sell for and given that there's such a surplus of Bionicle, I don't see actual value increasing much, if at all.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The link works for me. It's Toa Mata Nui + Glatorian Mata Nui + instructions for both + silver Ignika keychain for $130 USD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BIONICLE-TOA-MATA-NUI-8998-MATA-NUI-8989-KANOHI-IGNIKA-MASK-KEYCHAIN-/161895352660?hash=item25b1b70954:g:y3EAAOSwnGJWS494

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more of the storyboards from Legend of Metru Nui are on eBay, here's a link to the search: http://m.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=Bionicle+storyboard&isNewKw=1&isRefine=true&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2056088.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xbionicle+storyboard&sqp=bionicle+storyboard

I got two of these in the summer and they look awesome, plus it's a unique piece of Bionicle history

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

• 2 weeks later...

65025 BIONICLE Mata Nui Collector Pack. Includes Kopaka, Nuju, Lewa, Matau, Gali, and Nokama.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Bionicle-65025-Mata-Nui-Collector-Pack-NEW-8535-Lewa-8536-Kopaka-8533-Gali-/381479106728?hash=item58d1ed38a8:g:vG8AAOSwbdpWWv6M

Is 8989 Mata Nui really that rare? I can't find a single listing that includes the instructions and canister for less than $199.99!

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese
  • Upvote 1

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Is 8989 Mata Nui really that rare? I can't find a single listing that includes the instructions and canister for less than $199.99!

In Poland they are sold quite often and cheap with canister and instruction.

I think he means 8998.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I think he means 8998.

No, I mean the normal, canister-sized 8989 Mata Nui. Could it be that sellers are confusing it with 8989 and that's why they're ridiculously overcharging?

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I think he means 8998.

No, I mean the normal, canister-sized 8989 Mata Nui. Could it be that sellers are confusing it with 8989 and that's why they're ridiculously overcharging?

That would be my guess. I've seen sealed sets of 8989 go for ridiculously expensive.

gallery_114868_370_4342.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I've been considering selling my collection for sometime. Haven't gone through and counted all my sets again yet, but I'd say I had maybe 80-100% of all sets for each year from 2001-2009, maybe some from 2010 and a few collectibles (nothing crazy like Platinum Avohkii or Silver Krana though).

Would selling them individually lead to a significant increase in value? As opposed to selling them as a large batch with a list of the sets included?

EDIT: Have there been large sales like this recently? I recall seeing some on eBay in the past, but has their value decreased over the years?

Also have a fair number of the comics (#6 onwards), story books (all from 2001-2010 or so), and the guide books (most/all from before 2010).

Edited by Jaicho
MoC Topics:
Jaicho, Toa of Plantlife, Vastus Star, and Yellow Bot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...