Why are words like "######" and "######" censored?

Naota Takizawa

I'm not saying these words should be uncensored, I'm just wondering why these words are censored when they have lost all their power to offend people. 

EDIT: The words I am referring to are the name of the devil's home & a 4 letter word starting with D and ending with N. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

One is inherently offensive in many contexts, especially towards those of particular religions (a subject this site has rules about avoiding). The other is just your standard curse word (although I might be unaware of further histories associated with it). 

There are many, many (I seriously can't stress this enough) parents out there that would take offense to both of those words - and thus, if they were to see them being used on a site like BZPower, it is very likely that they would not allow their children to use BZPower any longer. 

It would damage the site's credibility as a safe place for people to discuss Bionicle, Hero Factory, and other Lego themes - all of which are targeted primarily towards children.

That's all I'm going to say.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Well, questions answered, topic can be closed and I will never need to ask this question again. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.