Crud is a bit outdated...

Alright, I've been meaning to ask this for years and reading a similar topic has prompted me to post this question: Why exactly is the normal version of the word 'crud' censored? I understand it being censored back when this site first came about, but in the decade since the common version of the word 'crud' has since lost it's sense of taboo, and I hear it uttered everywhere now, even by teachers and children, even my highly moralistic and old fashioned fundamentalist Christian grandparents use this word and are against the usage of curse words.  I feel as if the practice of this word's censoring has lost it's purpose and as such is now outdated. Does BZPower ever intend to change this?

And I am sure some people have seen me use this word in variations, but that is not because i purposefully am trying to go around the word filter but because I like to mix up words and customize them for my own vocabulary (sometimes making up my own words), makes talking a bit more fun and tends to raise eyebrows for me to laugh at. I understand that it is technically bypassing but I just wanted to let the staff know that i do not do that on purpose, it's just how I talk (I verbally talk the same way I do here with the exception of withholding about 3 or so words).

EDIT: I apologize, this probably belongs under "Tracker". Not sure how i missed the big red letters up at the top of the sub-forum menu page. Sorry. :(
Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

EDIT: I apologize, this probably belongs under "Tracker". Not sure how i missed the big red letters up at the top of the sub-forum menu page. Sorry. :(

It's no problem. But yes, please start a suggestion ticket here. It's not a guarantee that it will be changed, but hopefully it will provoke some good discussion and some consideration.

Redirected to the Tracker, then!

• Upvote 1