So, It's been a while since I've posted anything here...

I've been thinking it over in my head of what I want the music of Tyran'fotius and Isskun to sound like. I've been searching for music that in my mind would sound like what I'd think would fit for These two nations (grant it, we're going to make our own music in the end, the following examples are simply that. Examples)

Tyran'fotius

My idea for Tyran'fotius was to have the music much like this one, all be it with hard metal rock and other extreme sounds to emphasize they're fiery nature. They are comparable in there government as kind of like a mix of Sparta and some very sight middle eastern vibes.

Isskun

As for Isskun, I was thinking sort of medieval sounding imperial music, that would fits a rising regime of fascism and one-mindedness.

Oh, and speaking of Isskun, I think it's far past time to change the flag to the newer one I made a while back.

I am sorry, i can't listen to 'Victory'. I plan on getting Battlecry by TSFH and I have promised myself to not listen to any of the songs from the two-CD album before getting it physically (I already have Invincible and Archangel).

That second song is called Preliator, by Globus. it is a remix of their parent-company immediate Music's top song, Lacrimosa. From the lyrics, which were written in Latin to give it a medieval-vibe, the song is about fanatical crusaders and their struggle. I like the militaristic feel to it as well, in fact i think that some of the battle songs should sound like this but with a Bionicle-vibe. However, Spherus Magna has a lot of ancient feels to it so some sort of an ancient near-east hybrid new age stuff should be mixed in appropriately to rip open the imagination to the maximum. I don't think we should use the song exactly because I know what the singers are saying and it doesn't fit in with modern Spherus Magna (maybe united Neala in the second era and it's holy wars against giants and antidermis, but not the modern day).

And the flag. i knew you would bring it up eventually. Thing is, while I love the new flag, I think the one currently on the front page fits more, since he is the ice mountains and he controls and sees everything in his territory. Has a nice ancient yet 'big brother' feel to it. I have been wondering on where the flag could be used, but I don't know. I want Iconox to have a flag containing 'the Sword of Certavus' and have magical swooshes spin around it, but I can't seem to get it right; I don't know who should use it then, maybe a custom fiefdom in the Great Mountains north of Neala. Want to give me a hand with that?

Sure! It would be great to get back to working on nations and comcepts again! Ah, like the good old days, the days of Bota Magna and Luhneah.

Anyway, back to the thing withi the flag, I am not qoute as done with it as I hoped I was. I'll add some mountains with eyes to the new flag later today, or some time in the near future. Highschool man... It should be my last year there, I've met many friends, more than any other place I've been. But given my current academic progress I may be there an extra year, but no big deal. I'll just get through it like I have done so many years past.

Ahem... Sorry, back on the topic of this project, I hope to start work on the Elemental lords of Sand, Iron, Earth, and Mud after the ones of Fire and Ice and done. Then I want to start work on the ones of Jungle, Water, and Wind.

UPDATE: I have updated the newer version of the flag for Isskun as an attempt to make it more big-brotherly

new_eloi.jpg

Isskun

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Sorry Vanson, the song wont load for me. I'll try again later.

That second song is called Preliator, by Globus. it is a remix of their parent-company immediate Music's top song, Lacrimosa. From the lyrics, which were written in Latin to give it a medieval-vibe, the song is about fanatical crusaders and their struggle. I like the militaristic feel to it as well, in fact i think that some of the battle songs should sound like this but with a Bionicle-vibe. However, Spherus Magna has a lot of ancient feels to it so some sort of an ancient near-east hybrid new age stuff should be mixed in appropriately to rip open the imagination to the maximum. I don't think we should use the song exactly because I know what the singers are saying and it doesn't fit in with modern Spherus Magna (maybe united Neala in the second era and it's holy wars against giants and antidermis, but not the modern day).

And the flag. i knew you would bring it up eventually. Thing is, while I love the new flag, I think the one currently on the front page fits more, since he is the ice mountains and he controls and sees everything in his territory. Has a nice ancient yet 'big brother' feel to it. I have been wondering on where the flag could be used, but I don't know. I want Iconox to have a flag containing 'the Sword of Certavus' and have magical swooshes spin around it, but I can't seem to get it right; I don't know who should use it then, maybe a custom fiefdom in the Great Mountains north of Neala. Want to give me a hand with that?

Sure! It would be great to get back to working on nations and comcepts again! Ah, like the good old days, the days of Bota Magna and Luhneah.

Anyway, back to the thing withi the flag, I am not qoute as done with it as I hoped I was. I'll add some mountains with eyes to the new flag later today, or some time in the near future. Highschool man... It should be my last year there, I've met many friends, more than any other place I've been. But given my current academic progress I may be there an extra year, but no big deal. I'll just get through it like I have done so many years past.

Ahem... Sorry, back on the topic of this project, I hope to start work on the Elemental lords of Sand, Iron, Earth, and Mud after the ones of Fire and Ice and done. Then I want to start work on the ones of Jungle, Water, and Wind.

UPDATE: I have updated the newer version of the flag for Isskun as an attempt to make it more big-brotherly

new_eloi.jpg

Isskun

Cool *rim shot and bottle thrown*
I'll replace it, but I guess I always thought of the Nealite Ice-Tribe as being ore norse-influenced due to their proximity to the skrall and jirapa that live in the Great Mountains while retaining some Byzantine & Persian influences. If I feel I am up to it I'll try making a version like that. And please don't make a new version for Fire, Sand, and Rock.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Sorry Vanson, the song wont load for me. I'll try again later.

new_eloi.jpg

Isskun

Cool *rim shot and bottle thrown*

I'll replace it, but I guess I always thought of the Nealite Ice-Tribe as being ore norse-influenced due to their proximity to the skrall and jirapa that live in the Great Mountains while retaining some Byzantine & Persian influences. If I feel I am up to it I'll try making a version like that. And please don't make a new version for Fire, Sand, and Rock.

I don't plan I making new flags (at least not for those tribes) I plan on adding and expanding their lore and hostory, how they think and act, and all around who they are, and how they are as a people.

pure_muscle.png

I don't plan I making new flags (at least not for those tribes) I plan on adding and expanding their lore and history, how they think and act, and all around who they are, and how they are as a people.

I lost everything I had written for the end on the Second Era. I am now working on it again, though the writing probably wont be as good. I am doing this so that you can have a backstory into the origin of the Nealite city-states from which to build his stuff for the Element Lords off of. I would put this stuff in the Lore section in the first page, but I have run out of room again. Just hold up buddy. Oh, and thanks for the unintended push to write more stuff for ARA.

EDIT: If you check below you can see the whole schiznit with the end of the Greani stuff in the Second Era. I will begin writing stuff that occurs afterwards. If you just want a basic overview for the end of the Second Era rather than something in a story-like format, here you go (I had all of this written down in a story-like format before I lost it):

- Greani Atier the Great dies, jirapa are pushed back with the Battle of Yirucinon (Nealite Agori for 'the Giants' Felling/Death').

- Official coronation of Prince Rugstah Ateir as King of (Ateirite) Neala at the Nealite capital of Ateiropolis begins a golden age for Neala that lasts for over 350+ years.

- During the Nealite Golden Age, holy wars are conducted by the Nealite Kings to expel and exterminate Antidermis and their pawns, including jirapa, corrupt skrall, roxthi forces. Jirapatine Empire lose a lot of it's power due to these  global crusader incursions.

--- Nealite Holy Wars going deep into Bota Magna have Nealites discover agori cannibals living in Jirapatine ruins and being led by Celestial Monsters as their gods, whom they commit sentient (human) sacrifice to. The crusaders establish crusader states in these forests and coniferous rain forests but they all eventually get massacred by the hordes of savages and the monsters themselves. Pockets of Gruncharism sustain to this day. This is the first recorded sighting of Celestial Monsters by Nealites. People began to wonder if there were more of these things and if some of the weird things in the world were caused by them...

- Nealite Holy Wars end when nearby Antidermis springs were destroyed and the Jirapatine Empire was weakened to a favorable degree.

- Golden Age of Neala end with the death of young and heir-less King Yeklanoks Ateir. Generals take over the armies and try to either unite Neala under their own family or create their own splinter-kingdoms. This starts the short Warring Generals Period in the larger overarching Intermediary Period (time between Nealite Golden Age and Rise of the Great Beings).

- Invasions by outside forces occur in this period of regional division and weakness.

---  A few tribes from Bota Magna seeking better living conditions invade Neala and settle in the Green Valley, taking over and massacring the inhabitants of Tesse and Arrah.

--- Ostonigsan forces invade as well, taking settlements and renaming them, and creating some of their own; most famous being Tsaiz-Kuluu, Khot-Khad, and Zar-Daguu.

--- A noble jirapa (who has not been named) takes over the city of Yeklanoks (later named Iconox) but has his men refrain from their barbaric tendencies and peacefully rules over it. This makes the White Quartz Mountains have a skrall-agori-hybrid culture in match with those in the Great Mountains.

- Warring Generals Period ends after 50 years. Barons of the cities of Neala declare independence and declare kingdoms in the form of city-states, and ally together to destroy the warmongering warlord-turned generals.

- The first generation of kings and queens of divided Neala have no war, but when their successors gain power wars begin and end over the course of a couple hundred years. This division starts the process of local trends and regional isolation creates regional sub-cultures (fire tribe, water tribe, ice tribe, etc).

- During this time:

--- City of Yeklanoks throws off skrall occupation, and influences other agori communities in the Great Mountains to do the same. those in the far east Great Mountains are put down.

--- Natural disasters in the giant homeland of southwest Bota Magna makes the Jirapatine emperor, who is extremely weak when compared ot the power held by Mizvilkanor, relocates the capital to the east Great Mountains and puts down agori rebellions happening there.

--- The Larfeia become enlightened by a natural protodermis arch-ahura who was following Naqota, who rained down upon their valley home from space and turned them into the people later called the Great Beings.The population confronted Annona to stop her reign of terror and defeated her, becoming enlightened with endless dreams and losing almost their entire population.

- Planet-wide warfare inadvertently cause by the collapse of the Jirapatine power that can be traced back to Greani Ateir ceases immediately with the Great Beings revealing themselves to the world, and all bow to them, half of the population worships them as gods and the Third Era begins (which as we all know ends with the Core War and The Shattering of the planet).

If nothing more concerning the Second Era come to mind, I'll start thinking up some ideas for the Age of Anarchy that ensued after the Shattering and some stuff for the Rise of Megas Certavus and the establishment of the Glatorian System.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I will be using this post to host the detailed history of the Second Era of Spherus Magna, thus create some room in the Lore section of the first page. First, you gotta have some fitting music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm--PpJq5uA  Much of the stuff here is being worked into an in-depth story, so, if you care, these will contain spoilers. Enjoy.

Second Era of Spherus Magna

(Age of Giants, Greani Ateir and the Rise of the Skrall, the Golden Age of Neala, and the Intermediary Period)

After the sacking of the city of Deryana, the First Ones had lost all independence, becoming slaves to their giant overlords, the Jirapa. Total domination had come to the known world under the heel of the newly-established Jirapatine Empire. The giants took whatever they wanted, be it the smaller First-One women, rebels or not to feast upon, and slaves aplenty. A number of people attempted to build new settlements after Neo-Deryana's destruction, but each were hunted down and conquered/harvested.  From this many survivors formed their own united nomadic group later dubbed Geroikoi (Geroikos as a singular; means Yurt Dweller) to continue to live free while being able to pack up and leave at a moments notice. From here, the First Ones splintered into two races and seized to exist: The Agori (those that practice agriculture and were settled), and the nomadic hunter-gathering Geroikoi. The Geroikoi traveled northwest, eventually going back down south; those that stayed to the north and splintered from the Gerokoi became known as Larfeia (corruption of Masked Ones), and they traveled a great distance, past the great mountains east of the mighty forests and jungles, and north of what will later be named Neala until they settled in a large lake valley.

Brutal Beginnings

For 500-700 years (remaining records are sketchy) the world was in this state, as antidermis became crowned above it's protodermic counterpart and even Grunchar himself, the world became as black as the giants' deity (poetically, of course).  But a glimmer of light came in the form of a baby with a skin defect. As recorded in the following excerpt from the Song of Greani the Great (grey-any):

It was an age of darkness, when the plane was still new,

When giants picked their choice-o'-mess, be it women, or manly chew.

Warriors they beat, rebels they eat, women their treat.

All in defeat bowed before the mightsome crew.

In a faraway land, in mountains that still stand,

A petty jarl held o’er his hold, his slaves doing what told.

A lass with little beauty birth a babe by force,

Green and lacking in red was he, Greani his name.

And yet then untold would be his great fame

This the master could not stand!

The fates making Greani different was bold

His skin not matching his father's pores

So by the ankle did he claim

And with his teeth he was to maim

Outraged and unnerved were the slaves

Nevermore will this be a sight to behold!

Revolt they did, as tools of all kind found hide

As kid fell from grasp so to had many died

Mother, too weak to take part, bid her babe bye

As servant became guardian, he took to fly.

Once in the mountains, Greani's guardian Teyraq, took the escapees to a cave. Once there, they found it occupied by vat of antidermis. Knowing of the oral tales from old told about the nature of this substance, he resisted it's tempations and fought the multi-concious demon. After seeing how his sword was futile in a duel against fluids, he noticed how the entity avoided the sparks of his torch. Thence did it light a most bright flame once Teyraq threw his torch upon it. The screams of many could be heard, distorted as it's nature required. Once the flames died and not one drop of the vile fluid remained, the group made their home inside of there.

Raised in the forested mountains, Greani was taught on how to protect himself and and others, becoming a knight-in-training. Growing up with tales about the jirapa, Greani grew to hate them and made it his mission to destroy them all. When he grew to be in his early 20's, he ignored the words of his guardian and sought to kill his father, named Yridal (year-eh-dahl). Seeing that his adopted son would not listen to him, he told him to at least let him tell Greani of what occupied the cave before they lived in there and how he defeated it. There was wisdom in that he couldn't defeat it with sheer force and he had to figure a way out, and after admitting understanding his adopted father gave Greani his sword. In his travels to his birth-father's great hall he rescued a strong woman from a band of jirapa. Cayna was her name, and she was silent at first because of their foul deeds and the fact that Greani was a skrall (his existence being sign that something that happened to her had happened before), but later becoming a worthy shield maiden and years down the road a mighty wife. Together they rescued slaves and would-be meals and brought them back to his home. Teyraq was amazed that his son had prolonged his revenge for so long, then Greani told him that with these people he would have enough warriors to storm the castle. Impressed, Teyraq gave Greani his blessing in his mission, for he used strategy instead of rushing in.

While scouting around, the green skrall warrior was taken by surprise by skrall slavers, seeing his skin color as a worthy prize. Knocked out, he found himself gladiator and for two months he was held captive, forced to fight for an ignorant jirapa jarl and slay many other fighters, stage defeats so more worthy men could be free, and slay might beasts dragged in from far away lands. Greani eventually found an opening one day, and after a great beast destroyed his chains he jumped atop of the large reptile, killing it at the neck and before it could fall Greani jumped into the audience. There he maneuvered around fleeing savage watchers and fought against guards more armored then he. He barely killed one and had to flee from another. He regrettably threw his skrall sword at the giant on his throne while he was eating hand palms like a stupid audience, badly injuring him but not killing him. Without a steel arm, Greani used his god-given ones to fight off a corrupted skrall, his slave wrist cuffs used to help blocking, eventually pinning down his enemy and beating him to death in the head and throat. He took his enemy's shield, sword and helmet and fought his way out, getting injured himself and forced to flee when he could. When he returned to his camp he found that his partner Cayna had taken over the company, she now bearing scars along her arms from battle. She welcomed her friend in open arms and from that time forward the two ruled as equals (Greani's legendary feats made him more memorable and gain more respect, however). His adoptive father Teyraq grew more impressed when he heard his son's tales, Greani not only showing intelligence in battle but also endurance in both spirit and muscle. Teyraq then asked him a question: why did he want to kill his birth father? Greani replied, because he was a monster and he wanted these people to live freely under the guiding hands of Grunchar, without fear from such monsters.

He was deemed ready to take on his birth father.

With that Greani journeyed to his birth-father's hold-capital and stormed the walls in the black of night. Completely off-guard (no one had ever done this before to a jirapa out of fear), many a life was stolen on both sides before victory was mostly in the hands of the green one; in the fight half of the skrall joined their rogue brother for they too sought new lives. The last foe, the jirapa jarl Yridal and birth-father of Greani (among many other skralls), was fought in one-on-one mortal kombat. Greani had a small bite of his left arm ripped out before he cut his father's neck on the side, rammed him down, crippled his limbs with the help of Cayna before he would end it through the skull. In his dieing moments, Yridal said that with his death all of the Jirapatine Empire will look to Greani and will destroy him. He then started to talk poorly about him and his birth-mother, but before he could finish, the mission was completed.

The New Land

Greani, with guidance from his now-wife Cayna and his 'real' father Teyraq, cleansed all jirapa influence from his new hold, the fortress renamed to Vigilance. Outraged that a rogue skrall could have achieved what Greani did, the Jirapatine king Mizvilkonar sent party after party to break down Vigilance's walls, but they were for naught, for Greani heeded the initial last words of Yridal. From here, Greani enacted a resistance from the Jirapatine Empire in the hope that agori, skrall, and geroikoi-kind will be free from giants' grasp and he did this with many years and adventures with his wife, father, many others. All sort of people and friends were made and lost, names in this legend that are used tot his day with respected translation, names such as Strakk, Icgar (Ackarios), Vesti (Vastus), Berok (Berixios), Yaret (Iaredios), among others. So large did the numbers of the free that the members of loosely unified Jirapatine Empire took Greani's resistance as a real threat, so they formed a large army to squash the nuisance. Hearing of the incoming doom, Greani had two choices: meet the Jirapatine Empire in combat at Vigilance, or signal an evacuation. Though she hated jirapa-kind, Cayna realized that no one at Vigilance or the surrounding villages would be safe, she told her husband that they should leave, and Teyraq agreed. Greani personally gave news to the gathered masses, and told them that they had to abandon the work they have accomplished in the past five years and seek new lands. Everyone was upset with the info and panic began to be seeded, until a trader told them all of how a tribe of geroikoi splintered from the main group and went farther west then anyone had ever gone before, and maybe they could follow in their footsteps. Greani had to sleep on it, and it was in a dream that that a blanket of stars swept before his tired pupils. In this dream, a vision of Tuituito a messenger of Grunchar was held through silver-liquid ripples, and in it the messenger spoke through the ripples that a new land was waiting for his people. Follow Grunchar's voice there and Spherus Magna will endure past arch-realms' end and rebirth. Moderns scholars are unsure if this vision actually took place, so maybe it was by the revelation of that merchantile trader, divine revelation, or maybe a mixture between the two as some sort of a cosmic plan.

In the morning, Greani announced that he knew of where to go from a secret messenger, and though he knew not of where the destination was he knew the path. Not having much choice, everyone packed up and followed him. Four years had passed, from the southern reaches of The Great Forest (Bota Magna) pass the Jirapatine mountains and across the wastes of the Great Barren went the former dwellers of Vigilance. Finally, the route stopped to a region with arid plains and brush-ridden wastes, such vegetation on an otherwise barren continent (as far as they knew) meant there were springs aplenty. Greani named this new land Neala, which literally means New Land, and it's mighty blue water and liquid-sand river that ran through it the Skrall River, after his race (and partially himself).  For providing new homes and a new land for the free people, Greani was awarded the title of Ateir, meaning 'unearthly', and crowned king of Neala. Greani Ateir constructed a capital for his newfound kingdom named after his newfound title in the middle of the Skrall River on an island, promising to make the city fit the name of Ateiropolis (Unearthly City). Ateiropolis was strategically placed in the middle of Neala.  In honor of his his (adopted) father Tayraq, he laid the foundations of Tayropolis, and in honor of his son Rugstah the city of Rugstyborg was founded (agori stylizing it as Roxtus). His wife Kayna, the mighty shield-maiden and a warrior on equal-level (but not as legendary) as Greani, died in childbirth, so in remembrance of beauty the body of water to the west of Neala christened the Gulf of Kaynikon (the glistening clear blue seas reminiscent of her skin and eyes) Thinking ahead of an inevitable jirapa advance into his new realm, Greani started the construction of a castle carved out of a mountain, whose name has been lost but is later christened Tsaiz-Kuluu by ostonigosa qanates; the green-one's reasoning behind this is that mountains are invulnerable to sieges, and it's location, right in the middle of a direct path between Ateiropolis and Deryana made it strategically placed (assuming anyone wanted to cross the wastes of Bara Magna to get there first)

The Jirapatine Imperial forces arrived at Vigilance a few months after it's abandonment, and since then all traces to their whereabouts have thence drifted with the winds. The only lead is that there were reports of large rebel forces making violent movement through the mountains that separate Bota Magna from the Bara Magna. That means that the whole of Greani's rebel forces headed west, but the lands west of Bota Magna's Yirepa Mountains were known to be inhospitable be it everlasting desert-to-arctic mountains (little middle-ground) or everlasting dunes and wastes. Many years passed, until two decades later Jirapatine skrall spies found about a city to the far west named Roxtah, going through a route via those great northern mountains. The Jirapatine ruler, Mizvilkonar, was overjoyed and sought to please his underground god (antidermis) by squashing this rebellion once and for all and make the muck supreme over all on known Spherus Magna. Years were spent making thousands of arms and armor for skrall (main soldiers), agori (forced fodder), and even jirapa themselves. Finally, the soldiers were rallied off to grey plains and mountain valleys that surrounded Yirepzilka. Once gathered into one place (not the city itself but all the lands surrounding it), generals were assigned and the armies were sent off in splintered sub-armies so as to decrease attrition rates and should be at Roxtah by 20 years. This advanced military organization is part of the military genius that is Mizvilkonar, and as most people know, the most dangerous kind of monster is one with a brain.

Forces of Corruption

With having three decades of isolation from Jirapatine forces (13 of these years being in relative peace), Neala had become quite settled, and all the planned settlements having been completed. Ateiropolis had a fourth of it's building plans completed (among them most of the walls, the gate and stone bridge), much of the construction requiring dark marble and other stones from Roxtus. This stone was special. During these three decades, a holy war has been waging on vats of antidermis, which could be found in caves, in swamps north of the Skrall River and the Nealite coast to the Tajunite Bay. Hearing the cries of it's brethren being bashed, slashed and burned, a great host of antidermis out in the voids of space propelled itself towards Spherus Magna upon a meteor to seek vengeance upon 'those that side with the 'silver brothers'', with a collective of protodermis following it by the will of Grunchar. The collective landed at Roxtus six years after the beginning of the holy wars and seven after the settlement of Neala, the impact laying waste to much of the city-in-progress (to this day, only a few ruins of Greani's original vision persist), and the antidermis took possession of the burnt corpses to act as bodies to which to safely wage war upon Greani and call upon their Jirapatine subjects. An ahura rose to prominence out of the collective consciousness, his name being Naqota (nay-koh-tah), and Roxtus became his dark fortress. He named his antidermic brethren who traveled with him Roxthi (rocks-tee (H is a breath noise that produces a 'hee' noise after the T noise)), which would become the pre-Core War adjective for Roxtus; as Naqota was a former arch-ahura his celestial raw power was greater then their own so none questioned him lest the be turned to inorganic matter. The corruptive nature of antidermis turned the burnt corpses into hunched reptilians of the same burnt texture, however their nature of 'living' strengthened the otherwise fragile bodies.

Seeing a piece of the heavens land ('a shooting star'), scouts reported what little they saw back to their king. Greani recalled most of his soldiers and trained them, forcing parties to travel with him to fight and slay great monsters in the wilds. Six months of retraining were done, and Greani marched his forces out to the northeast and combated many parties of Roxthi, the undead foes giving many a great fight and many an agori and skrall warrior fell to their blade and minor powers. For 17 years the battles would wane to and fro and back again. As they are a collective consciousness, the antidermic arch-ahura Naqota arose in the presence of the great antidermic vat in the hall of Yirepzilka before Mizvilkonar. The faceless humanoid form of black liquid (from waist up, waist down it appeared as static liquid) was of greater height then the Jirapatine Emperor himself, and as his god he dictated that he go to Roxtus and crush this rebel. Mizvilkonar said that he was already in the process of gathering his forces. He thought that Naqota would give a drop of his essence to the giant, and within he would give Mizvilkonar a safe route towards Roxtus through the desert wastes of Bara Magna. But that was not to be.

Mizvilkonar, the dread ruler of jirapa and evil skrall, put all of his hopes and dreams into something that stood for the destruction of those created in the mortal plane, whether corrupted by his brothers' influences or not. The giant king was slain by his god Naqota when the shadowy spirit drowned the ruler with his essence, seeing it better to personally rule his worshipers rather than by influence, thus Naqota then possessed the corpse of the cunning ruler. Naqota appeared to his followers in the dark forest valley that was the homeland of the giants, and told everyone that their leader had sacrificed himself so that their god could walk among them. He rallied the red horde that was almost the entire army of the Jirapatine Empire marched forth from southwest Bota Magna and trekked through the Yirepa Mountains and into the Great Mountains, eventually moving south into Roxtus where the red horde had met up with forces already there. There at Roxtus the dark fallen ahura in the body of the merciless giant lord had waited for the centralization of his forces in the newly-created Black Spike Mountains (which were only recently created in the aftershocks of Naqota’s initial crash-landed arrival). While awaiting forces from around the Jirapatine Empire to gather around Naqota decided to conquer the Great Mountains to further surround Neala. This was done, the Jirapatine Empire now controlling South, West, and Central Bota Magna, the northern and western borders of the Zuunic Plains, all of Geneteira, some of the Zhonyu lands to the south, the Great Mountains, Roxtus and the Black Spike Mountains, and parts of the Western and Central Wastes of Bara Magna in-between it all, creating one of the largest empires in Spherus Magnan history. Animals corrupted by antidermis that had been tamed and gathered to Roxtus included: Great Bats, Skorpios, Spikkits, and many large terrible reptiles from the depths of Bota Magna, including mighty four legged beasts the size of large houses that had large trunk-like legs, lizard claws, bony plating and skinned exterior teeth, and spewed fire from it’s mouth aptly named Earth Dragons, among others.

While the conquest of the Great Mountains was nearing it’s end, an older Greani was told to go to a cave in the volcano where Vulkanus will later be built near, Mount Fotiunon (foht-shuh-non), by Grunchar via an ahura. One could tell he was older because his jet-black hair now had grey freckles in it. Upon arriving at the volcano and the specified cave, there waited a pool of natural protodermis. Greani was instructed by the multi-conscious collective to construct a forge here over a spit of lava. He does so, a couple of weeks being used in the process. Once completed a holy sword was to be constructed, as instructed by the silvery glowing fluid. It was made of exisdian steel, with a blob of natural protodermis put into the molding by the entity itself, and with a cut of the hand Greani squeezed drops of his own blood in it that when in contact with the protodermis turned green. The end result was a blade of white-shining silver, having a white glow to it, and the metal swirling like marble and having red and green freckles in the middle of the blade. “Behold, O’ righteous green king, son of evil and son of good, the Arm of Grunchar. May His tongue be this blade of silver, and vanquish any lie in the face of Truth. Go now, ready your men and slay the prideful power, and let your dusk be a new dawn.” He heeded the words but did not fully understand them, and rode off from the Mountain of Fire to Ateiropolis to rally his men and undergo training.

A month passed and Naqota began his trek towards Ateiropolois with his horde of corruption, seeking to exterminate the one man responsible for preventing Jirapatine conquest over the entire planet’s land, the one man who stood for freedom in the name of Gruncharist servitude in the face of enslaving darkness. In the eyes of Naqota, Greani was a physical representation of all that his creator Grunchar stood for, and if he could kill him then soon will follow every one likeminded with their hero gone. Greani Ateir sought to slay his opponent for the same yet opposite reasons: to give a future for the people that he has freed from these shadow worshipers and their children. Naqota was new to Spherus Magna, but he was the same as the rest of his kind in the sense that he sought the destruction of the physical universe, ‘that which was molded by the Potter’s hands and detailed with His tools’ and those that retained His gift, mortal sentience, ‘the wisdom of The Potter’; except that he was more powerful than his antidermic brethren on Spherus Magna. Greani took it upon himself since he first met protodermis all those years ago to have his body be His tool and his hands are His. Not wanting to risk a battle in the heartlands of Neala where free citizens would be slaughtered by the brutal savages, Greani marched his men to meet Naqota’s dark forces. While Naqota was travelling to Ateiropolis, antidermis from much of the world slithered it’s way to Neala in seeking to join in the destruction of the man that had harmed their siblings for many years.

Battle of Yirucinon

The Battle of Yirucinon (yee-roo-shee/see-non) was on a north coast of the large Skrall River where there were some hills and arid grasses, being northeast of Ateiropolis (Atero), southwest of Roxtus and Zar-Daguu, southeast of Khot-Khad, and northwest of Tsaiz-Kuluu. The grass here became more dead the farther it was from the Skrall River. Wielding the Arm of Grunchar, Greani had a collection of trained agori (both tall and small), loyal fellow skrall, people mounted upon pure, armored rock steeds and different units armed with swords, spears and pikes, bows and arrows, enlisted trained shepherds using slings, and specialists using the explosive thornax fruits, all having green paint on themselves. Accompanying Greani was his battle-hardened wife Cayna, and their son Rugstah. Naqota in the body of Mizvilkonar had at his disposal enslaved agori scared stricken to serve their masters, corpses of the slain at Roxtus possessed by antidermic ahura called Roxthi, corrupted skrall, man-eating jirapa, corrupted rock steeds and the many foul man-eating beasts described earlier, as well as a few man-beasts from the far corners of the planet.  There was no meeting between leaders, no social customs as was common in battles in those times, the two forces arrived and readied themselves to forge history. The sheer collection of dark powers formed near-black grey rainless clouds over the battlefield with pockets of light shining through and both black and white lightning striking each other, giving a heavenly representation of the battle.

Skrall against skrall, agori against agori, mounts against mounts, and men versus terrible beasts, man versus giants, living versus dead, Greani against Naqota, good versus evil. Such it went for hours, blood, both red and black, tainting the blue Skrall River. Earth Dragons roasted men and mount aplenty while crushing others under their huge tree-tunk legs, the giants slicing and dicing and eating people's limbs, spikkit chariots riding across the battlefield cutting and trampling with the spikkits getting to eat as well, carcasses aplenty being so spiked with arrows to look like porcupines, and then there was the center... Both of the leaders killed their foes on the way to meet each other in the middle of the battlefield along the steep river coast, where there were a few medium-sized grey-white bulders. So intense was the fighting between Greani Ateir and Naqota that an empty circle had been formed on the battlefield to allow the two to fight with no interference.

Though now older then he was when he began this mission of his, Greani was still agile and fit, being able to dodge the powerful hits of Naqota in Mizvilkonar’s body, as well as using the red giant’s largeness to swiftly move around. Naqota also used supernatural powers, such as black fire and lightning being shot out and dark tendrils of antidermis being used as multiple arms to take down this fast and strong king. Cuts were received and given on both sides, the Arm of Grunchar being Greani’s only saving grace against this foe as when the blade came into contact with the essence would burn it with an ethereal white flame. But it would not be enough, as Greani became mortally injured, bleeding from all over his body. Seeing that he was about to die, Greani decided to drop his bladed shield, and when his enemy was close enough he put the sword base close to himself and with a deep breath ran towards Naqota, yelling the last of his breath and thrusting himself onto his enemy, the holy sword impaling the possessed giant’s body while Greani himself was crushed by the great strength of his black-writhed red foe. Greani fell down on his back and watched as the face of his mortal foe had all of it’s holes shone with bright white fire and the sword entry and exit wounds giving a similar effect. A great demonic scream was bellowed from deep inside the body and the dark spirit of Naqota shot out of the body back into the depths of space while lit aflame with white holy fire, a hole being created in the dark cloudy canopy and white lightning licking Naqota as he went out of from the planet. Naqota cursed revenge as he went star systems away from Solis Magna. All on the battle could see this event and those corrupted forces saw their god lit aflame and exiled and lost moral. All those sentients fled and the enslaved agori turned against their brutal masters, using their rudimentary weapons and farming tools to pounce and slay many giants and skrall as they attempted to flee. The beasts were not so anxious and they all had to be slain, the most difficult being the Great Bats and Earth Dragons. Mizvilkonar’s body eventually rolled down into the Skrall River and with it the legendary Arm of Grunchar, sinking to the bottom of the river and swallowed by the liquid sand that lay at the river’s bed.

Many bones broken, organs and skin cut and bleeding to death, Greani’s wife Cayna and his warrior prince Ragstah came to his aid. He had his final talk with his wife which included a last kiss, and to his son Greani said as thus, “I now understand their message, ‘with my dusk begins a new dawn’. With His blessing, may that new dawn be born in your reign, and may you be the king of peace I could never be,” giving his son his crown, making him the new King of Neala. He then told them both his last words while looking at the Black Spike Mountains in the background and laying on that moss-ridden white-grey rock, “I see it now, what they and He have said. That by Antidermis those spikes were raised, and by Antidermis they will be crushed”. Those final words were a prophecy in relation to the Battle of Bara Magna that will come many thousands of years later, and in relation to this prophecy many wonder if he saw the battle between the titanic figures between Mata Nui and Makuta Teridax in his last moments before seeing his family and parting. Cayna was too heavily injured and also died later that day. It is thought that those two partners in battle and matrimony are still together in the after-life. Thus  the Battle of Yirucinon ended with the last of the foul beasts slain and the removal of Greani's body, which it rained when being removed and the field was cleaned of the fluids that coated it.

Golden Age

After his death, Greani's heirs named a city/town after their child, Greani being the only one to name a settlement after himself and even then it was by his honorary name. [First name is in West Skrall, second is in Nealite Agori] From the city of Rugstyborg (or Roxtus) came Teleiopolis (Tesse), Ayahnaber (Arrah; an exception to the settlement naming tradition), Teihunar (Tajun), Vulkainiber (Vulkanus), and Yeklanoborg (Iconox). The next centuries (over 450 years) the united Kingdom of Neala was ruled by the green skrall that were Greani Ateir's.descendants, and this age was a golden one for Neala.

Much of Rugstah's reign was peaceful as he tried to heed the final words of his father, but his council urged him to take action against the still recovering Jirapatine Empire, which he held off for over a decade but then gave in, launching what be the first Nealite Holy War, which aimed at getting back the city of Rugstah (Roxtus) from the remaining jirapa, skrall, and roxthi. The city was cleansed of enemies not willing to surrender, but no Nealites went there for superstitious reasons. It was left abandoned for a long time. King Rugstah was disappointed and felt that the conflict was worthless, but he remembered what his father taught him, that everything bad will have a good ending, be it close or distant. The good thing in this case was that darkness was cleansed. After the Holy War for the city of Rugstyborg under the Ateirite King of Neala Rugstah Ateir, said monarch pursued no further aggressive warfare, and in his reign he established trade with the desert peoples tot he south, marking first Nealite contact with these peoples. These divided tribes are bound by culture only and called themselves 'Dine' (din-ey), which only means 'people' in their tongue, and they were clay-red. The Dine were also the precursors to the Jarra'dine, also known in Nealite Agori tongue as Vorox. There was no need for correction of these descendents fo a lost tribe of the first geroikoi, they already knew of Grunchar but by different tongues and practices.

The following Ateirite Kings of Neala were less pacifist, and sought to gain favor of Grunchar by hunting down His destructive rebels and saving souls in the form of the Nealite Holy Wars. King Telei Ateir launched invasions into known areas to have antidermis springs to the north and the areas immediately surrounding Neala, including the Black Spike Mountains. Telei died when he caught illness in his war in the darned Black Spikes, succeeded by his younger brother Ayahn.

His brother King Ayahn Ateir founded a city named after himself and another for his son Vulkain. Ayahn then pursued warfare to the north in the Great Mountains (the less mountainous lands to the west of the Great mountains were clear of civilization, though ruins of people later found to have been wiped out by Annona speckled that unnamed land). As thick and terrible those tundra and rocky peaks are Ayahn spent most of his life in snowy drifts and ambushed by and ambushing those merciless red giants and their corrupted spawn in the blindness of blizzards aplenty. The central and western ranges were secured in the name of the Holy Potter as a couple thousand agori and skrall (together) were saved by the bathing of the snows in red and black, while to the eastern ranges that border the Jirapatine Mountains of west Bota Magna (divided by only a large and deep ravine called the Black Divide) were faced with insurmountable hordes of corrupted skrall and jiarapa defenses. Crusader states in the Great Mountains lasted until centuries later they fell to skrall forces, but many of the people here by then were already grounded in Gruncharist beliefs until the time of the Great Beings arrived..

Ayahn Atier died eventually from gathered battle wounds over the course of years that led to complications, and the son he barely knew succeeded the throne when the crown of his father returned and was repaired of damage taken from the snow. Thus rose King Vulkain Ateir, King of Neala. In his early years Vulkain pursued smithing and made great steel, unfortunately made him weak in his later years by the inhaling of much smoke and soot throughout his life. This was most clarified in his declaration of a Holy War to Geneteira, the birth-land of all sentience in Spherus Magna until the matoran descended upon it, where during training Vulkain easily fell short of breath. He could still fight, but not for the long amounts of time that would be required in the medieval-type of warfare used during these ancient times. To counter this, he had an idea: He would forge a unique helmet and cuirass for his wife, and have her lead battles while he would oversee the maintenance of the country from Ateiropolis, her unique armor fitting her especially and giving clear sign as to who was in charge in the midst of open conflict. Her name was Drjar (dree-arr), and she was a skrall. Unlike later times and their corrupt counterparts, females were not expected to slave away before ovens and be baby producers unless they honestly wanted to. No, everyone was entitled to the right of war, and clad in steel and bearing it they would with pride, unless they would honestly prefer the work of a house keeper. As such, Queen Drjar Ateir was a most suitable choice, the woman scarred from training and best slaying. Finally, the word was given to gather supplies and send the soldiers upon their holy mission to Geneteira, that holy land that fell some 800 years before to giant forces.

The journey was long and desolate, a couple hundred actually dieing on the journey. Eventually, the dead salt-ridden planes and sand dunes of the wastes gave way to arid planes like they were back in Neala. The arid grasses signaled how close the forces were to the Hwitih Sea. moving more south, It is on the coast off to the far west that the first battle took place, with skrall soldiers and hired ostonigosa mercenaries. The battle was won, the place afterwards being known as Stubborn Entrance, which because Drjar's name means 'stubborn' in skrall it is also called Queen's Crossing (this latter name caught on more later).  Moving south of Queen's Crossing and then heading east they had finally made it, there it was: Geneteira. At first it was old watch towers, after killing the watchmen of the towers there was then the ruins of damaged walls (damaged because of fires and raids from raiders wielding explosive thornax fruits. The the northeast walls the giants needed to only lower it or make holes to climb them like ladders). Once past the forces their the walls gave way to ruins of ancient gardens, aqueducts, temples and palaces lay in ruins, the bones of many had long been picked clean by those ancient jirapa and left out to bleach in the sun and house critters. It here that lay the ruins of Deryana. And it is inside of the ancient metropolis, which sands, rubble and carcasses had drowned the first couple of feet of the old streets, that great battles would erupts. As if the old necropolis hadn't seen enough violence, the contemporary modern warfare added more blood to the white sands' collection. The urban warfare in these ruins lasted for a long time, a decade in-fact. Vulkain back at Ateiropolis missed his wife and her snarky-ness, but had faith that she would be fine. The more in the center the crusaders went the more disturbing the place became: surrounding the hall that lay at near the mouth of the Lradious River there lay skulls of easily a thousand people on pikes and indescribable skeletal hangings that spoke of monstrous mutilations. Graffiti was everywhere, the unique rounded symbols of numerous skrall and jirapa either cut into the white-tan and crimson buildings (whose paint had faded) or used charcoal and/or paint. And taken from the areas ruins was a great hall built. Jorofeddur (yor-oh-fed-dehr), the jarl of Genetiera under the Jirapatine high king Tumalgar. it is here that the legendary Battle of Lradious Hall erupted, between the great forces of Jarl Jorodeffur and the veteran army of the Nealite Crusader Queen Djrar Ateir. Despite the sexism expressed by post-Shattering people in the Age of Anarchy that led to the attempted defamation of her mark on history, Djrar was a most noble woman and though she did have a thirst for battle, that did not make her insane as later people tried to denounce her as. Her and Jorofeddur dueled as equals, though she did require the help of some of her soldiers while the others fended off the dark horde as the battle went past four hours. The stamina of these sentient-eaters is incredible, almost as long as there life-span (200 years). The battle dropped the great numbers of both sides down to just the size of raiding parties, eventually ending in the beheading of Jorofeddur by Drjar Ateir and the surrendering of the remaining enslaved agori, skrall soldiers, and lesser giants. Age of Anarchy commentators forged how she drank the black blood from the severed head, but no contemporary source describes such a savage action, though she did hold it over her head as a sign of victory with a most skrall-like battle roar.

26 years Drjar was gone fighting the good fight, freeing everyone's birthland from the grasp of giant clutches. King Vulkian had to raise their son alone after being five years old, and not noticing he named his son's city with little thought. Creating a crusader state in Geneteira, destroying Jirapatine influence in the area, and assigning a king to watch over it (one of her commanders), she returned home with about 30 soldiers. Four years Vulkain and Drjar spent together before the breathlessness took the king as he suffocated one night. Though Teihounar was King of Neala, the true ruler was Queen Mother Drjar until she died at the age of 63, a few years after her husband Vulkain Ateir. Most historians label her as Drjar the Fire-Hearted.

Now in power was Teihunar Ateir. This green monarch of Neala focused on trade initially. Rumors of rich lake lands to the south of the Western Wastes of Bara Magna prompted many explorers to head that way, many of whom died on the way and those that did survive usually stayed on the other side due to fear of death in the attempt to return. Historical records are hazy but it is said that one made it back, to and fro and back again, and by doing so  a series of distanced trade routes were connected to the southern kingdom of Dine people and back to Neala.  Upon being in his early-thirties King Teihunar started a Great Holy War to Bota Magna, intending to invade the homeland of the evil giants. He too had the breathlessness that his father had but it wasn't as dangerous, so he would ride with his men in the invasion of the heavily forested continent but refrained from battle. The clear air pumped by the multitude of trees, however, was good for him, so upon arriving at the dark forests of the southwestern Bota Magna he readily fought.

[to be continued]

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Would it be possible to have downloads available for that song and your new version of The Bard? I am having a hard time getting them to load without huge amounts of skipping.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Would it be possible to have downloads available for that song and your new version of The Bard? I am having a hard time getting them to load without huge amounts of skipping.

Done.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Done.

Thank you so much.

Makutine theme is awesome. The throat singing was unexpected as I was expecting evil monks chanting, but I think it works well. A battle-ready version of this song could be done and include drums and dark choir, or whatever you think works best.

This version of The Bard is much better (was already good except for--), and hey, a better ending. The flute pulled it off better then that 'thing' did before. Can't wait for the full version. :D Unconsciously, it appears that I have made Neala sort of like Europe, in the sense that it is a place where throughout history people just shove themselves into this area and so it has a mix of a few cultures. I mentally think Byzantine-Iranian blend with a bit of Bulgarian and Arabic thrown in there (and to add it being a soundtrack chuck classical in the mix), but if you have have personal preferences or think something else would work better, do it and let me hear it, I'm a malleable guy in a lot of areas (brick wall in others :P).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I would like to explore opon the Zyglak more, to define them more, and to have a major turn around from what we see them as. Their untold history, and the legitimate good that will come of them in the story and eventually the mod itself. Much like how you, Iaredio are working on the skrall, I wish to work on the zyglak, I already have the concepts of the people of Bota magna (which I will expand opon later) but right now I would like to tackle this big hurtle first.

Besides school and life, I've had many sleepless nights, to think, to conceptualize. I have much that I want to say, to expand on for, and this would be a grwat way for me to get back into it, and as for my story, I've really haven't worked on it much at all, but the concepts that I have put forth I will put into my story.

As for that concept for an RPG, the reason why I brought up Bota magna, is because in my head I would like it to follow along the story of Imrukii, and the great resistance when Makuta took over the body of Mata Nui.

You know what, I'll right that story first, than I'll get to the Zyglak.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I would like to explore opon the Zyglak more, to define them more, and to have a major turn around from what we see them as. Their untold history, and the legitimate good that will come of them in the story and eventually the mod itself. Much like how you, Iaredio are working on the skrall, I wish to work on the zyglak, I already have the concepts of the people of Bota magna (which I will expand opon later) but right now I would like to tackle this big hurtle first.

Besides school and life, I've had many sleepless nights, to think, to conceptualize. I have much that I want to say, to expand on for, and this would be a grwat way for me to get back into it, and as for my story, I've really haven't worked on it much at all, but the concepts that I have put forth I will put into my story.

As for that concept for an RPG, the reason why I brought up Bota magna, is because in my head I would like it to follow along the story of Imrukii, and the great resistance when Makuta took over the body of Mata Nui.

You know what, I'll right that story first, than I'll get to the Zyglak.

Do as you please, I'll see if it is compatible.

And when you get to the Zyglak, if you do make some of them good be sure to let some continue being not-so-nice. These guys have been through a lot throughout their really long lives and it takes a lot to make them forgive or come to grip with such things if they've carried this much hate for thousands upon thousands of years. it's like the skrall: most are messed up evil brutes, but some are okay; only unlike the skrall the zyglak do not reproduce and haven't had long distances of succeeding generations to become more than their origin.

Oh and my stuff with the skrall is about done. I just need to transfer what I already have in my head down to writing, which distractions and variant degrees of lack of interest prevent me from doing.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Thank you so much.

Makutine theme is awesome. The throat singing was unexpected as I was expecting evil monks chanting, but I think it works well. A battle-ready version of this song could be done and include drums and dark choir, or whatever you think works best.

This version of The Bard is much better (was already good except for--), and hey, a better ending. The flute pulled it off better then that 'thing' did before. Can't wait for the full version. :D Unconsciously, it appears that I have made Neala sort of like Europe, in the sense that it is a place where throughout history people just shove themselves into this area and so it has a mix of a few cultures. I mentally think Byzantine-Iranian blend with a bit of Bulgarian and Arabic thrown in there (and to add it being a soundtrack chuck classical in the mix), but if you have have personal preferences or think something else would work better, do it and let me hear it, I'm a malleable guy in a lot of areas (brick wall in others :P).

I suppose this could work as a theme for the Neala, then? The Bard does have a lot of Eastern European influence, as well as some Arabic. Speaking of full version: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-full-version/s-YxXQn

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Thank you so much.

I suppose this could work as a theme for the Neala, then? The Bard does have a lot of Eastern European influence, as well as some Arabic. Speaking of full version: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-full-version/s-YxXQn

I love this, especially the new bits. I don't think it feels like a specific theme exactly, not epic enough for what the nealites have had to go through and what they will be going through. Feels like it would be thematic background music for day-to-day things. That's it! I think a more fitting name for the song would be 'Nealite Market', or replace Market with a similar word, like 'marketplace', 'plaza', 'square', 'forum', etc. What does anyone else think? Have an idea for your own, or do you like either of the two names presented (The Bard or Nealite Market)?

Just as a reminder (sorry if you knew this already, this is just a precaution), Neala is the habitable area of Bara Magna that is west of Bota Magna and south of the Great Mountains, and was the small to medium-sized area that was featured for much of 2009's Bara Magna story. Why have i named it Neala? Why my good man, you can find out just above with the humongous wall of text labeled Second Era:D

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I think the song it self should be slown down by a little, make the song more ambient, add some more ambient epinstraments that don't go along with the music to a super strict degree, just as sort of an underlaying noice at add to the ambience of it all, there should also be some minor amount of throat singing in there, but not deep throat singing, just enough to make it a little more ambient while at the same time making it more unique. That's just my two cents though.

pure_muscle.png

I love this, especially the new bits. I don't think it feels like a specific theme exactly, not epic enough for what the nealites have had to go through and what they will be going through. Feels like it would be thematic background music for day-to-day things. That's it! I think a more fitting name for the song would be 'Nealite Market', or replace Market with a similar word, like 'marketplace', 'plaza', 'square', 'forum', etc. What does anyone else think? Have an idea for your own, or do you like either of the two names presented (The Bard or Nealite Market)?

Just as a reminder (sorry if you knew this already, this is just a precaution), Neala is the habitable area of Bara Magna that is west of Bota Magna and south of the Great Mountains, and was the small to medium-sized area that was featured for much of 2009's Bara Magna story. Why have i named it Neala? Why my good man, you can find out just above with the humongous wall of text labeled Second Era:D

I've always intended for it to be a day to day background tune. Hence The Bard, like a street musician.

I think the song it self should be slown down by a little, make the song more ambient, add some more ambient epinstraments that don't go along with the music to a super strict degree, just as sort of an underlaying noice at add to the ambience of it all, there should also be some minor amount of throat singing in there, but not deep throat singing, just enough to make it a little more ambient while at the same time making it more unique. That's just my two cents though.

Funny you say that, I actually took out my throat singing samples at the very last second. It sounded a bit odd and out of place, quite frankly, but I can post that version if you want.

Edited by Jacquestodian Vanson

If it sounds off to you, than don't add them. Throat singing that is.

pure_muscle.png

I've always intended for it to be a day to day background tune. Hence The Bard, like a street musician.

Funny you say that, I actually took out my throat singing samples at the very last second. It sounded a bit odd and out of place, quite frankly, but I can post that version if you want.

Alright, we can keep the name if you like. i just thought with 'market' would fit better. :P Whenever I think of bards, I always think of those guys at renaissance fairs that sing the de facto English renaissance song. Don't know the name of that song but I bet you know what I am talking about.

I don't think Nealites should have throat singing. That's more for things that have had geroikoi influence, mostly for ostonigosa groups. Nealites probably find that to be more barbaric and prefer choir and choral chants. A theme for Neala would probably be more based off of Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard's Gladiator songs, 'To Zucchabar' and 'The Might of Rome'.

Random but slightly related thoughts:

Tajun is the most distant from rest of the outside influences, and adding that they have a sea coast, they would probably have the most Romano-Greek-like influences out of all of Neala. Given that Tajun was once a hydraulic empire during the Age of Anarchy (which later ended in Neala after the rise of Certavus and his Glatorian), which included going up the liquid-sand Skrall River and conquering most of the springs and water sources (big war against Tesara in that regard), it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that they influenced much of the region (except the Black Spike Mountains, which is geographically part of Neala but it's distinct culture in the form of outside influences makes it regarded as separate, kind of like Europe and Western Russia, or like Europe and European Ottoman Empire).

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alright, we can keep the name if you like. i just thought with 'market' would fit better. :P Whenever I think of bards, I always think of those guys at renaissance fairs that sing the de facto English renaissance song. Don't know the name of that song but I bet you know what I am talking about.

I think Nealite Market is a much better title now that you mention it. Maybe I'll do a song with just a couple instruments and call that The Bards or something.

Hey Vanson, if you want more ideas for songs, you could do a couple/few on the major Nealite cities:

Tesse and/or Arrah (Tesara if you want to combine the twin towns that make up one city):

Settled by skrall and agori heavily influenced by Skrall culture, region was invaded by Bota Magnans who massacred the populations and assimilated whoever was left, much later have wars with Tajun with Tesara being conquered by Tajun for a long time, rebelled with other states against Tajun, left independent for a while to create own culture out of blends before being conquered by Megas Certavus and forced into his Glatorian Economic System.

Bota Magna agori has sub-Saharan African mixed with North Native Americans who dwelled in thick forests (maybe Huron and Iroquois), and Tajun has a lot of Greco-Roman influences. You could try to combine the very different styles to create something alien and unique for the Tesarans.

Tajun: (Vulkanus is similar in culture but has a a volcano that effects smiting industry and what little crops are around)

Tajun is situated on an island, and during the Element Lord of Water Jan Abi-Kubud's occupation of this Nealite city he made it a grand one. More importantly, he made it have plenty of fresh water springs. The blend of his foreign culture with the Skrall-influences made Tajun develop a vague Greco-Roman culture by the time the Core War erupted. Tajunites have always been ones to be driven by trade, and so with the vast amounts of water they were able to recover quickly from the catastrophe and absorb all the neighboring villages left over after The Shattering, then went abroad and conquered for cash. The area around Tesara naturally had many springs (the area east of it just being so filled with them that it has created a series of small ravines and morphed the landscape. This made them competition and many wars were fought to conquer them and absorb the water supply to make them more powerful. A couple of centuries lasted until it began to decline due to assassinations and local water barons wanting power away from the kingdom. Civil war ensued until it became all out war between the kingdom, separatists, and nationalist rebels. In that chaos emerged Megas Certavus, a man from Iconox and ruled over Atero who sought to create freedom and peace for Neala. This Prince of Atero persuaded nationalist rebels and some Tajunite separatists join him in his quest to economically unify Neala.  A decade was spent in war until the throat of the King of Tajun was before Certavus's sword and forced to agree to the new economic system, thereby restructuring Tajun and dissolving it's empire.

Tajun has the most Greco-Roman influences in Neala, though it's influences from there old heathen god-king Jan Abi-Kabud helped Tajun when there were no oceans surrounding it following the Shattering, but after the Melding and Mata Nui giving life to the arid lands Tajun is fully green and has very few of these Arabic influences left. Tajun spread it's culture to greater Neala by conquering the entire region except for Iconox (it's mountains protected it and they feared for giants which were more north) and Roxtus (which was too far away, violent nomads lay between, and Black Spikes are superstitious), so giving them epic Greco-Roman music with a hint of Arabia could work (Arabic might ruin it though, not sure, your call).

Ikonox:

These peeps were founded by skrall with skrall-influenced agori and some skrall living here. They were fought back and forth between the evil skrall that occupied the Great Mountains and the good skrall of Neala. Exchanges between the two forces cemented the Skrall's norse culture into these Nealites, eventually the people of the White Quartz Mountains driving out all Skrall because they tired of warfare between these two eternally divided groups. Their culture has barely changed since then, only life has gotten harder and the world got warmer, but Mata Nui's restoration has reversed that. Seeping with tradition, the people of the White Quartz are heavily influenced by a mixture of viking Skrall and greco-roman Neala, creating a pre-Mongol russian feeling writhed with norse and a sprinkle of Greek. They make lots of cheese and are often isolated from the rest of Neala. Didn't stop Certavus from absorbing his homeland though. They show their affiliation with the second Hero of Neala with pride, having the 'Sword of Certavus' on their flag complete with simplistic aura swirls and star twinkles (forgot to complete this flag, sorry).

In short, mountain-dwelling Norse-Russians with Greek sprinkled in. Go crazy, and make it worthy for a mostly-Norse-but-a-little-bit-Russian viking mountain dweller!! (Russian bits never came to mind before this post, always thought of them having culture similar to Skrall but without all the historical baggage).

Roxtus:

This one is really long so i'll cut to the chase: Founded by Greani, good skrall and founder of Neala. Dark forces destroy it, impact from space create ripples int he form of black mountains Aku-style. Skrall rebuild this place, darkness is purged in holy war, city is left alone. Is reoccupied later by Onyu people (who themselves draw influence from Mongolian Bone Hunters and wherever they are at; these Onyites in Neala are thus much like Hungary, half steppe and half east europe) and are noted for not being united outside of the Element Lord of Earth's rule and thus dot the globe in little castle communities). A long time later is occupied by Element Lord of Rock Svartureinn during the Core War. This occupation fuses the Roxtus Onyu culture with Skrall ones. (now I can go back to normal).

The Shattering kills a large amount fo the population but Roxtus is able to recover albeit from ruins. Onyu far outnumber Skrall but Skrall rule an oppressive oligarchy. During the decline of Tajun's power on greater Neala civil war erupted in the Black Spike Mountains two, ending with the Nealite earth people either killing or exiling the ruling skrall. After Certavus unified Neala and abdicated his power to go back to Atero, the Neala Onyites ask permission to and are accepted into the Glatorian System. Long time later Tumalgar (Tuma) conquers Roxtus, as we all should know), disgruntled about being back under Skrall rule. Roxtus was destroyed along with the complete destruction of the Black Spike Mountains during the Battle of Bara Magna. Stronius (Nealite rendition of his name) has restructured the Jirapatine Empire into Kingdom of Skrall (or Skrallriki) and founded New Roxtus near twhat is left of the flattened ancient city, and many nearby nealite Onyu have come to the city as regugees, and they hope that this new government will be more fair for their people lest they ignite another revolution.

Roxtus at the time of the modern day era for A Rude Awakening is a blend between Medieval-Hungarian and viking Norse influences, with a bit of Chinese to show that they are ethnically close to the heathen Zhonyu. Funny that with the cultural blend I accidentally create something that can be like a semi-Asian Transylvania, seeing how it's the evil part of Neala. :P

If you like these ideas Vanson then go crazy. If not and you have other plans then oh well. I hope they provided some reads reads though..

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, I haven't been very active lately, especially with ARA but, I have a reason for this. Recently I've become EXTREMELY engrossed with UNDERTALE, making fan art, and theorizing.

Anyhow, I wanted to come here today to list off specific areas of Spherus Magna that I want to be incorporation into the map

Firstly is one I've been thinking on for a long time, and this is the Fields of Mist. Misty foggy plains, with hug gorges and large towering spike of Solid Protodermis, concealed by a shroud of grey Toxic Mist. It is located on the border between Bota Magna and one of the great deserts. (If you could post the map here, I could be more specific as to where I mean, Since I don't quite remember the name of that Area)

Next are the Great Mountains to the north, Mt. Matoro, New Mt. Ihu, Mt. Jirapa, and Mt. Mata Nui (can become Mt. Makuta if taken over by the Makutine)

Next is the small Desert mountain of Mt. Kodan.

Next is the great Wetlands to the Southeast of Neala, A vast expanse of land, almost Completely marshy, with some Drier bits, but has a surprisingly sparse amount of trees.

Next is the volcanic Mt. Lhikan to the central northern region of Neala.

And the Great Pit to the far southeast of Spherus Magna, it is under neutral Ownership of the Zyglak Colonies.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Okay, I haven't been very active lately, especially with ARA but, I have a reason for this. Recently I've become EXTREMELY engrossed with UNDERTALE, making fan art, and theorizing.

Anyhow, I wanted to come here today to list off specific areas of Spherus Magna that I want to be incorporation into the map

Firstly is one I've been thinking on for a long time, and this is the Fields of Mist. Misty foggy plains, with hug gorges and large towering spike of Solid Protodermis, concealed by a shroud of grey Toxic Mist. It is located on the border between Bota Magna and one of the great deserts. (If you could post the map here, I could be more specific as to where I mean, Since I don't quite remember the name of that Area)

Next are the Great Mountains to the north, Mt. Matoro, New Mt. Ihu, Mt. Jirapa, and Mt. Mata Nui (can become Mt. Makuta if taken over by the Makutine)

Next is the small Desert mountain of Mt. Kodan.

Next is the great Wetlands to the Southeast of Neala, A vast expanse of land, almost Completely marshy, with some Drier bits, but has a surprisingly sparse amount of trees.

Next is the volcanic Mt. Lhikan to the central northern region of Neala.

And the Great Pit to the far southeast of Spherus Magna, it is under neutral Ownership of the Zyglak Colonies.

Map:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/revised_sm_-_region_names_small_edit.png

Please note that this map needs some work on it, which I haven't done since like September or Late August. This includes the redoing of Bota Magna from near-scratch as well as some edits (like the height of the Great Mountains, which includes many peaks that range from Himalayan, Everest, all the way to Olympus Mons sizes, and the destruction of some parts of the Great mountains from the Battle of Bara Magna). Also I am awaiting help from more members of the Bionicle fan-base to map out those areas listed available for them, I am going to be honest, I haven't thought about the map in a while.

I like the idea of your first idea, but let's rework it a bit. I've been looking for a name for this great gorge/ravine in-between the Great Mountains and the Jirapatine Mountains that existed before The Shattering, and I think either 'Great Chasm' or 'Misty Chasm' would work. It would cease to exist after The Shattering and would reincarnate in a way after The Melding in the form of the Great Misty Sea.

Neala is going to be mostly named and I doubt the indigenous inhabitants would take kindly to foreigners renaming everything while said natives are still in great population when compared to the lesser numbers of the inhabitants. There is a region that was inhabited by the Element Lord of Water and the Element Lord of Ice just southwest of the Great Mountains and west of the White Quartz, but since The Shattering it's been relatively uninhabited; Since the Melding the Element Lord of Waters will be setting up operations int he northern parts of this area but the south can have a small matoran colony. We've all agreed that a Mount Matoro is a fantastic idea and a shrine could be built there in honor to this 'divine toa' (not divine himself but his actions were treated as such), but where it would be located is another matter.

Mata Nui and the Kanohi Ignika will be stored inside of the new Kini-Nui, which is on a mountain. Inside of the mountain will be a recreated factory-like system from the Matoran Univer that will be able to produce MU inhabitants according to population ratios on the planet as well as environment and relation to the population of other life forms. It is guarded by a holy order of people that call themselves the Kini-Nui Canons, their main purpose to protect everything that is Kini-Nui: The temple itself, the factory-like systems inside of the mountain, the mask of life, and their god Mata-Nui. Mount Mata Nui sounds weird, so lets find a better name.

The Makutine cult headquarters governed by 'Turaga' Ahkmou is also located on a mountain, the headquarters called 'Teridala'. There is yet a name for the mountain, but I like the name Ebony Peak, or Peak Ebony.

Kodan? Is that someone special?

Southeast of Neala was just desert, and the lack of natural water sources would have resulted in the decay of Mata Nui's revitalization and return it to a wasteland had his original body not have landed there. I eventually will be redesigning the Matoran Universe so that one will not be able to go inside (terraforming a massive dead cave was a weird idea to begin with) and redesign it to appear how Teridax appeared as his head laid in a smokey ruin after his death. Great glaciers and frost reserves would form atop of the titan corpse like a mountains, and when it melts it could sustain green areas created by Mata Nui. Huh, sounds good. Thanks to Mata-Nui, the direct path from Neala to the rest of the planet saving sea routes and dangerous land routes as been eliminated. not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing... (remembers planed united ostonigosa empire and planet-wide invasions...)

Yeah... I don't see any volcanoes in 2009's regional map (which I named Neala) except the volcano located near Vulkanus, which I have named Mount Fotiunon (Mountain of Fire). It is a holy site for the Cult of Greani. If you want a 'Mt. Lhikan' It's going to have to not be in Neala. 

While I am sure the Zyglak would like to stick together I don't think they would go group themselves all together in one area out of fear that some overzealous folks would wipe out their whole species. They would rather split up to ensure survival and be in multiple places at the same time to as to inflict the most pain to those they hate simultaneously. They have loads of hate...

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

As for the fields of mist, I wanted it to be in the northern reagion of the Zuunic belt, but we can also have a Gorge of Mist too, if you insist. All be it non-toxic, and lacking spires of protodermis. Well maybe some spires.

As for Kodan, Kodan was a chronicler who was killed by the dark hunters, so I think having a small mountain (practically a hill) would be good to remember his minor legacy by.

pure_muscle.png

As for the fields of mist, I wanted it to be in the northern reagion of the Zuunic belt, but we can also have a Gorge of Mist too, if you insist. All be it non-toxic, and lacking spires of protodermis. Well maybe some spires.

As for Kodan, Kodan was a chronicler who was killed by the dark hunters, so I think having a small mountain (practically a hill) would be good to remember his minor legacy by.

I always kind of saw south Bota Magna as the easy way inside of that continent, but then I would have to explain why none of those Zuunic savages are invading Vorwoud or going inside of the region. We can do it. :D Now does, this Field of Mist stretch entirely from the mountains south of Vorwoud to the eastern edge of Bota Magna, or is it more localized (smaller)?

Throughout history mountains are seen and used by people as having some sort of connection to the divine. Matoro and maybe even Lhikan are worthy of having mountains (as they are legendary, fallen heroes of battle), but why this chronicler? Do the Maori deal in ancestor worship and thus it would make sense to do this?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I always kind of saw south Bota Magna as the easy way inside of that continent, but then I would have to explain why none of those Zuunic savages are invading Vorwoud or going inside of the region. We can do it. :D Now does, this Field of Mist stretch entirely from the mountains south of Vorwoud to the eastern edge of Bota Magna, or is it more localized (smaller)?

Throughout history mountains are seen and used by people as having some sort of connection to the divine. Matoro and maybe even Lhikan are worthy of having mountains (as they are legendary, fallen heroes of battle), but why this chronicler? Do the Maori deal in ancestor worship and thus it would make sense to do this?

Yes, actually. The Maori do follow ancestor worship.

For more information on Kodan; Here

Another area I would like to add is a new lake Naho of sorts. Perhaps the Naho Sea, which would be that massive stretch of water south of Neala.

Also, in regard to the map, may I work on it? Just to get some amount of strain off of your back when it comes to it's development. I know roughly where I want things to be, but you have to specify where everything is. i.e where New Zakaz is, ect.

UPDATE: I have made a Map of the Zyglak Atol. Much like how we pinpointed the location of Deit, these lands will also be pinpointed in the same way on the map. Also, these lands will be much larger than the Island Chain of Deit.

zyglak_atol_map.jpg

And here is the map with the Colonies and their borders

zyglak_lands.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

pure_muscle.png

Yes, actually. The Maori do follow ancestor worship.

For more information on Kodan; Here

Another area I would like to add is a new lake Naho of sorts. Perhaps the Naho Sea, which would be that massive stretch of water south of Neala.

Also, in regard to the map, may I work on it? Just to get some amount of strain off of your back when it comes to it's development. I know roughly where I want things to be, but you have to specify where everything is. i.e where New Zakaz is, ect.

UPDATE: I have made a Map of the Zyglak Atol. Much like how we pinpointed the location of Deit, these lands will also be pinpointed in the same way on the map. Also, these lands will be much larger than the Island Chain of Deit.

zyglak_atol_map.jpg

And here is the map with the Colonies and their borders

zyglak_lands.jpg

I like the shape of the island chain, but I don't want the zyglak to be all near each other. I would prefer them spread out, maybe in pairs, so as to better survive and inflict more harm on everything Great Being-related.

Talking about the zyglak here made me realize that i forgot to transfer the culture stuff from the previous topic to this one. If you remember, the zyglak are influenced partially by Nahuatl customs, where they would conduct flower wars on matoran and other MU settlements, seeking to capture prisoners and sacrifice them to their gods in order to nourish them to battle the devils, the Great Beings, in cosmic warfare. Those they do not take prisoner they will either kill or capture for torture or exotic consumption (feast on biomechanical fleshy bits). Their entire lives revolve around either survival or the destruction of everything GB-related. They are a race of pure hate. Uniting the separate zyglak tribes would require the conquest, suffering, and/or extermination of much of Spherus Magna (as they have fabricated truths about them being the chosen race for their fabricated gods to make up for being abandoned by the Great Beings). Ironically, it is the merciful toa who have saved the zyglak from Matoran Universe-wide retaliation against the lizard people over the many millennia, when they are all not busy being scared of them, however.

I'll put this on the front page. Thanks for the reminder Imrukii!

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Whoops, just noticed I forgot to add a Zyglak nation all that time back.

zyglak_flag_8.jpg

Yuima

pure_muscle.png

Would Mata Nui have sunken under the waves? In the 2008 commercial, it looked like it was split into ~5 pieces by the Great Spirit Robot. Maybe that could be an island chain?

Interesting idea, that wasn't really what I was going for, for the Islamds of Deit, my idea for that was that after the battle, and reformation, there was a lot of volcanic activity under the waves that cause a lard underwater mountain shain to form, and at the top of that chain the Deit Island chain was formed, with the main Island having a volcano that was formed that would overtime lesson the activity underground, and this stop the creation of more islands and isles, but this would happen MANY years before the Island Chain would have even been discovered so, there really wouldn't be a threat of volcanic eruptions.

But as for the Island of Mata Nui, well, Mata Nui was much MUCH larger than Deit, if anything survived from it, ir would probably be on the other side of the world, or embeded into the terrain somewhere.

As an off note, I think I have found a bit of an easteregg in the map of the matoran universe; 

bionicle_southern_islands.png

bionicle_southern_islands_2.png

Doesn't this look rather familiar?

As in this;

Early+bionicle_Doo+Heads+logo.jpg

Okay, It's not 100% the same, but it's pretty close.

one of the feet is okoto.

Okay, It's not 100% the same, but it's pretty close.

one of the feet is okoto.

If that is true then there is at least possible that my theory of 2015 G2 Bionicle is a legend told by southern island matoran on Spherus Magna in the far future might just be true. Hmph.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A quick update: I am working on music, it's just none of it is either changed enough or done enough to warrant a post. Also, I will be on a mini hiatus until Sunday, November 29th, because I will be on a marching band trip.

A quick update: I am working on music, it's just none of it is either changed enough or done enough to warrant a post. Also, I will be on a mini hiatus until Sunday, November 29th, because I will be on a marching band trip.

That's fine. Post whenever you want man.

Marching band huh? My mom was in a marching band once upon a time, she said it was fun. I hope you have fun too.

I'm trying to get myself back into Europa Universalis IV, and starting my first After-Action Report. You can see the topic here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/20890-pushing-back-the-tide-euiv-trtdnf-aar/

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Eh, well. I haeg nothing new to report on, maybe later on today I'll work on more flags.

pure_muscle.png

zyglak_flag_8.jpg

Yuima

Could we change the name for this one? There is a well known town here in Arizona that goes by the name Yuma, and Yuima is too close to it, and my brain dislikes it as it is slightly confusing.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

zyglak_flag_8.jpg

Yuima

Could we change the name for this one? There is a well known town here in Arizona that goes by the name Yuma, and Yuima is too close to it, and my brain dislikes it as it is slightly confusing.

Umei

Is that better?

pure_muscle.png

Added some more stuff to the first page.

--- Spherus Magna Natives: Except for the beast men of the far corners of the world who have been transformed by either the divine will of Grunchar via protodermis, or the corruptive essence of antidermis, all of Spherus Magna's natives come down from a race of people that are basically humans, and throughout history they have split off into their own groups and races, or even species. Theoretically, they can all interbreed, but it's not pursued that often (except by force, in the case of the resulting Skrall race). Also, after being changed by the Great Beings, they now have nano-augmentations that grow with them and were created to aid the agori by doubling the life-span (instead fo only a century-long lifespan they can now live for two hundred, if they can), and have better survival rates in inhospitable areas (can last without water for a few more days, same with hunger); here are some facial examples from Deus Ex: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5. People born during the reign of the Great Beings in ages past would have been augmented with metallic bone structres once they were in their early twenties, after most of their body had done developing; this was done by a simple procedure, but during the Core War it was turned into a grand ritual were people officially were fully ready for war. As the Great Beings have been absent for a long time, no one now has metallic bones.

[Nealite Agori:] During the Age of Anarchy, there grew systems in Neala where the tall would be a higher order than the short, and eventually midium-heighted agori became rare. Such practices did not end until Certavus took over neala and outlawed it as part of the Glatorian System, and even though it hasn't been practiced in hundreds of years there is still a general lack of medium-heighted agori in Neala and thus the past of enslavement and opression is still a sensitive issue. (is somewhat comparitive to the slavery issue and history in the New World on Earth)

EDIT: Hey Imrukki, I haven't looked at the map in a long time (I haven't played EUIV ina long time either) and I'm about ready to go to bed right now. Where do the Atol islands go? Oh, and if you want Zyglak on there I'm only letting there be two zyglak factions as neighbors in each area. And remember that depending on their size, islands are usually one province.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

--- Spherus Magna Natives: Except for the beast men of the far corners of the world who have been transformed by either the divine will of Grunchar via protodermis, or the corruptive essence of antidermis, all of Spherus Magna's natives come down from a race of people that are basically humans, and throughout history they have split off into their own groups and races, or even species. Theoretically, they can all interbreed, but it's not pursued that often (except by force, in the case of the resulting Skrall race). Also, after being changed by the Great Beings, they now have nano-augmentations that grow with them and were created to aid the agori by doubling the life-span (instead fo only a century-long lifespan they can now live for two hundred, if they can), and have better survival rates in inhospitable areas (can last without water for a few more days, same with hunger); here are some facial examples from Deus Ex: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5. People born during the reign of the Great Beings in ages past would have been augmented with metallic bone structres once they were in their early twenties, after most of their body had done developing; this was done by a simple procedure, but during the Core War it was turned into a grand ritual were people officially were fully ready for war. As the Great Beings have been absent for a long time, no one now has metallic bones.

[Nealite Agori:] During the Age of Anarchy, there grew systems in Neala where the tall would be a higher order than the short, and eventually midium-heighted agori became rare. Such practices did not end until Certavus took over neala and outlawed it as part of the Glatorian System, and even though it hasn't been practiced in hundreds of years there is still a general lack of medium-heighted agori in Neala and thus the past of enslavement and opression is still a sensitive issue. (is somewhat comparitive to the slavery issue and history in the New World on Earth)

EDIT: Hey Imrukki, I haven't looked at the map in a long time (I haven't played EUIV ina long time either) and I'm about ready to go to bed right now. Where do the Atol islands go? Oh, and if you want Zyglak on there I'm only letting there be two zyglak factions as neighbors in each area. And remember that depending on their size, islands are usually one province.

We're talking about multiple nations here, so the atol will have to be large. I was thinking somewhere in the endless ocean towards the south.

The atol itself is fractal, so there may me other small bits of it that are strewn about here and there.

I was thinking the size of the atol would be the size of one of the indonesian islands (insert image here) as an example of just how big it is.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

We're talking about multiple nations here, so the atol will have to be large. I was thinking somewhere in the endless ocean towards the south.

The atol itself is fractal, so there may me other small bits of it that are strewn about here and there.

I was thinking the size of the atol would be the size of one of the indonesian islands (insert image here) as an example of just how big it is.

Alright, thanks for the size measurement (I'm guessing you mean Java), but the Endless Ocean is huge (given it's name): Do you mean the half that is closer to Neala or the half that is blank (name is placed on the blank side to allow display of detailed left side)?

revised_sm_-_region_names_small_edit.png

If you notice, there is a round shelf to the far right of the map where a large island or an island chain could be placed, "(custom large island here)". Atol could be situated there if you want. I think it is at a longitude that could probably support a tropical biome and sustain the feeling of sacrificial evil lizard people in the jungle. I think that if we were to put it there, we could have a couple of matoran colonies that are divided by two zyglak countries. And please understand, I do not want all the zyglak in one local area, the unification of the zyglak is supposed to be an absurdly hard challenge, not to mention it doesn't make much sense if everyone want to wipe out your people and keep all of them together so that it would be easier for foreigners to do that. The OoMN did something similar to the av-matoran, except the zyglak are to do it of their own free-will.

I feel I must put a reminder that the given map is not final (if that could not be understood from the map appearance) and is used as a generalization for country and culture placement, and is a placeholder for future detailed and reworked maps. For starters, Bota Magna needs to be reworked, and Neala needs to be finished (lack of Mt. Fotiunon and Vulkanus); also the coast of the Shingthi peeps needs to look more natural, I have no idea where that fade came from, among many other things.

Hey, anyone have any ideas on what Shingthi's appearance should be? Won't appear in-game as the region is to be a blocked off as a 'wasteland'. Shingthi is a celestial monster like Annona and should be an abominable godly creature based off of certain things found in nature, like the eldritch abominations of Lovecraft's pessimistic mythos. Also the name is, if I remember, the corruption of the Thai word for 'thing'; whatever I wrote a long time ago in the first posts should be of more help. :lol:

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hi guys, I'm back. I haven't really had time to work on this because of school and becoming obsessed with Undertale. Hopefully I'll have more time lately, is there anything that needs to be done?

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted