becoming obsessed with Undertale.

YAY! I'm not the only one!

Anyway, for one thing we need to sort out the whole thing of the Zyglak. Which I am still working on myself, I just have to get around to working on the map.

As for you, Iaredios will have to assign something to you. Since I have no clue as to what we would need you to do at this time. 

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Anyway, for one thing we need to sort out the whole thing of the Zyglak. Which I am still working on myself, I just have to get around to working on the map.

As for you, Iaredios will have to assign something to you. Since I have no clue as to what we would need you to do at this time. 

Well first off, could you give  me a link to the flags you previously, I'd like to have discussion with others on what flags should be used for whatever nation, get some brainstorming done. If you want Montosoy, you could make more flags. :P

We could use more lore development during the Reign of the Great Beings (after the Rise of the Great Beings and before the Element Lords), and some stuff preceding the rise of the Tajun Empire and it's eventual collapse by Certavus and his Glatorian System, during the Age of Anarchy. And this isn't only for Monstosoy, others can do this as well.

If you do those, here are some outlines:

With the Great Beings gaining control over all of civilized nation of Spherus Magna, they embark on holy wars to expunge the planet from Celestial Monster (eldritch abominations like Annona and Cthulhu). This first half of the reign of the Great Beings gives an atmosphere of two groups of godly deities at war with both sides using hordes of warriors at their disposal (Great Beings using advanced science-fantasy tech, and the separate Celestial Monsters using gothic cultists (with some actually brainwashed into forced servitude). After they destroy all but two Celestial Monsters (who fled deep underground) there is long peace, which unfortunately leads them to abandon power and create mortal elemental gods, the Element Lords. Tahedin, later known as Velika, was against this abandonment and his fears were realized in the Core War, which led him to begin plans of forcefully conquering Spherus Magna for the sake of unity and peace. So over all, design epic looking scenarios were hordes on either side battle each other and create highly imaginative extremely powerful monsters (look at Lovecraft's pantheon for some ideas, please no general ripping off but only inspirations) for which the Great Beings and their servants to battle.

Second one, in Neala at least (it can be spread to other regions if you wish) start to emerge from the caves some time after The Shattering, and localization results in some populations being taller than others. One unnamed group starts a trend where the taller kinds kill medium height Agori and enslave the small agori, and it spreads to all of Neala (an other areas if you want). This division and division in the local agori is still apparent in the modern day as despite them being pf the same race there are still two main groups of height and this history of slavery and oppression is still a touchy subject. Anyway, from the Shattering to the Tajunite Empire (9000 years after the Shattering), there is constant warfare, alliances, and oppression in Neala (most likely other places as well), so if you wanted to do some history of some city-states like Vulkanus or Iconox or others (like even make up your own city-state that will appear on the world map), then go crazy. I named it the Age of Anarchy for a reason. :P If you have some subjects that you think might not be exactly suitable for the site, PM me and I could you with wording; as long as you have careful wording and are not extremely descriptive then it should be fine.

And Imrukii, sorry i couldn't send you the map and stuff, currently out of town. When I get back home today I will send you the map and other info either today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Sent you the map and other info. Enjoy. Say, how fast does EUIV run on your computer?

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well first off, could you give  me a link to the flags you previously, I'd like to have discussion with others on what flags should be used for whatever nation, get some brainstorming done. If you want Montosoy, you could make more flags. :P

We could use more lore development during the Reign of the Great Beings (after the Rise of the Great Beings and before the Element Lords), and some stuff preceding the rise of the Tajun Empire and it's eventual collapse by Certavus and his Glatorian System, during the Age of Anarchy. And this isn't only for Monstosoy, others can do this as well.

If you do those, here are some outlines:

With the Great Beings gaining control over all of civilized nation of Spherus Magna, they embark on holy wars to expunge the planet from Celestial Monster (eldritch abominations like Annona and Cthulhu). This first half of the reign of the Great Beings gives an atmosphere of two groups of godly deities at war with both sides using hordes of warriors at their disposal (Great Beings using advanced science-fantasy tech, and the separate Celestial Monsters using gothic cultists (with some actually brainwashed into forced servitude). After they destroy all but two Celestial Monsters (who fled deep underground) there is long peace, which unfortunately leads them to abandon power and create mortal elemental gods, the Element Lords. Tahedin, later known as Velika, was against this abandonment and his fears were realized in the Core War, which led him to begin plans of forcefully conquering Spherus Magna for the sake of unity and peace. So over all, design epic looking scenarios were hordes on either side battle each other and create highly imaginative extremely powerful monsters (look at Lovecraft's pantheon for some ideas, please no general ripping off but only inspirations) for which the Great Beings and their servants to battle.

Second one, in Neala at least (it can be spread to other regions if you wish) start to emerge from the caves some time after The Shattering, and localization results in some populations being taller than others. One unnamed group starts a trend where the taller kinds kill medium height Agori and enslave the small agori, and it spreads to all of Neala (an other areas if you want). This division and division in the local agori is still apparent in the modern day as despite them being pf the same race there are still two main groups of height and this history of slavery and oppression is still a touchy subject. Anyway, from the Shattering to the Tajunite Empire (9000 years after the Shattering), there is constant warfare, alliances, and oppression in Neala (most likely other places as well), so if you wanted to do some history of some city-states like Vulkanus or Iconox or others (like even make up your own city-state that will appear on the world map), then go crazy. I named it the Age of Anarchy for a reason. :P If you have some subjects that you think might not be exactly suitable for the site, PM me and I could you with wording; as long as you have careful wording and are not extremely descriptive then it should be fine.

And Imrukii, sorry i couldn't send you the map and stuff, currently out of town. When I get back home today I will send you the map and other info either today or tomorrow.

EDIT: Sent you the map and other info. Enjoy. Say, how fast does EUIV run on your computer?

generally about 20 - 32 FPS. Which isn't great, but it's better than the 2 - 3 FPS that I was getting prior.

pure_muscle.png

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day and well needed time off from stuff. God bless you all, and have fun! :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

(Vanson what has happened to you) .... What has happened to me?!? Oh, wait, my soul has shown itself, thats what.

pure_muscle.png

I started with this motif and I thought it was really catchy and driving, so I continued with the idea. The second half is heavily electronic, and I'm not very happy with the drums, so it will eventually be more orchestra. It's obviously not finished, but I want everyone's input. Is there even something in the game that would have a theme like this?

https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/anticipationbuildingmining/s-c9ylW

The reason I have another Soundcloud is because you can only post so many minutes of audio before you have to pay for a premium. I just decided to make another as opposed to paying.

Edited by Give me some sweets please

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I can see why you like it (beat is pretty catchy!), but I'm not sure where it would fit thematically. Do you, or anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The only idea I had would be mining. Is there a heavily industrial or mining faction? If I toned it down a bit, it would resemble the Mines of Onu-Koro theme from MNOG, which would probably fit better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0AZJ21J9GE starting at about 0:50.

Edited by Give me some sweets please

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

The only idea I had would be mining. Is there a heavily industrial or mining faction? If I toned it down a bit, it would resemble the Mines of Onu-Koro theme from MNOG, which would probably fit better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0AZJ21J9GE starting at about 0:50.

New Xia is an industrialized nation that rises after the fall of independent state of New Atero (it's conquest by Velika led to many/most peeps going to the ocean and coasts to avoid extermination [when we get to it, you can avoid this historical path by defeating Velika's massive forces as New Atero; this all was done so people could make their own Matoran islands on Spherus Magna similar to how many of us did as children]). Toa Imrukii's Deit nation will harbor a large Matoran Universe population including some legendary figures like the Toa Inika/Mahri and Krakua (I am thinking maybe Artakha, but I don't know if he would have survived this long); the main island will most-likely feature a large city some-what reminiscent to Metru-Nui or Artakha's dominion.

Some time mid-2015 I thought of a country (can't remember the name of it) of a fascist ground elemental Matoran (Stone, Earth, Iron) that would be on that unnamed mountainous peninsula due just west of Neala; in the wake of Velika's conquests in his pursuit to unite Spherus Magna under his banner, these matoran thought that the ground elements were the most powerful and in those desperate times they united and subjugated the other matoran in the area and locking the lesser tribes into castes. The most powerful of these castes were the Ta-Matoran, who were trained as soldiers and smiths but bound by slavery and extensive punishments for attempted freedom, eventually making most of them loyal fear-struck slaves ready to do their master's bidding. This also makes them the most prestigious of the servant castes (inspiration for this is taken from the Mameluks of the medieval era) All of this was done in the name of safety, for if the most physically strong tribes of matoran would guarantee the independence of the matoran realm from the MU-genocidal Velika. After the replication of the Matoran production system from the Matoran Universe the realm expanded but it's obvious weakness when compared tot he mighty strength of Velika's forces makes people create conspiracy theories about the government actually being a secret poppet state of the misguided Great Being.

Agori-wise, there is the Ice Tribe and the people of Vulkanus, as well as the Skrall whose cultures are heavily surrounded by smithing/mining. When Sahmad makes  his Iron Tribe he will most likely employ mass slavery of other tribes/peoples (he is fond of slavery) to mine minerals of all kinds and his people will forge and work the minerals.

The song you linked: man, I haven't heard that tune in ages! I love it, if you want to do something like that go right on ahead man.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Okay, so it's been quote some time since we have worked on this project. I just wanted to come out and say that I would like to see the timeline go in a different direction. I don't see the people of New Atero abandoning their new home to go find a new one in the endless ocean. I see them retreating to Deit, but not entirely abonadoning their home. I see them escaping to Deit, but leaving some behind, these who were left behind manage to take back a large portion of New Atero. And, with new enemy troops aproaching, one of these being a powerful Toa release a massive Nova Blast, which levels much of the land around it, as well as comepletely evaporating anyone invading who is not pure of heart and good. The invading armies in question would be mostly Zyglak reinforcements, that would otherwise comepletely tear apart New Atero. This event would greatly shake the invaders to their cores, and would leave them exposed for attack for weeks or even a few months afterwards. But if this event does not occure, at least not properly, the city will be all but destroyed, and anyone left in the city would be killed off. Thusly making it so that the people on Deit would have no choice but to escape to the endless ocean. After the city is destroyed, New Xia is formed there. But 30 years later, the Great Beings return in the first planetary wide invasion of Spherus Magna. To try to halt the imperial dictatorship that is New Xia and the Empire of Velika/Tahedin. After the War one of two things will occure, either Tahedin and New Xia are destroyed, and the zyglak wiped off the face of the planet, or the imperials win, but the zyglak are greatly distrought and the imperial empire of Tahedin and New Xia are greatly damaged. allowing the people of New Mata Nui to reclaim their lost empire of New Atero either way it plays out.

These were just my thoughts on how things should go, what do you giys think?

pure_muscle.png

Okay, so it's been quote some time since we have worked on this project. I just wanted to come out and say that I would like to see the timeline go in a different direction. I don't see the people of New Atero abandoning their new home to go find a new one in the endless ocean. I see them retreating to Deit, but not entirely abonadoning their home. I see them escaping to Deit, but leaving some behind, these who were left behind manage to take back a large portion of New Atero. And, with new enemy troops aproaching, one of these being a powerful Toa release a massive Nova Blast, which levels much of the land around it, as well as comepletely evaporating anyone invading who is not pure of heart and good. The invading armies in question would be mostly Zyglak reinforcements, that would otherwise comepletely tear apart New Atero. This event would greatly shake the invaders to their cores, and would leave them exposed for attack for weeks or even a few months afterwards. But if this event does not occure, at least not properly, the city will be all but destroyed, and anyone left in the city would be killed off. Thusly making it so that the people on Deit would have no choice but to escape to the endless ocean. After the city is destroyed, New Xia is formed there. But 30 years later, the Great Beings return in the first planetary wide invasion of Spherus Magna. To try to halt the imperial dictatorship that is New Xia and the Empire of Velika/Tahedin. After the War one of two things will occure, either Tahedin and New Xia are destroyed, and the zyglak wiped off the face of the planet, or the imperials win, but the zyglak are greatly distrought and the imperial empire of Tahedin and New Xia are greatly damaged. allowing the people of New Mata Nui to reclaim their lost empire of New Atero either way it plays out.

I never said that New Atero would be completely abandoned, you are right, that doesn't make sense. I was saying that most of the MU natives would leave for fear of being destroyed by Tahedin's forces. And again, none of that happens until the Great Beings arrive, as Velika/Tahedin doesn't have the manpower to conquer Spherus Magna until then. there might be events hinting toward the eventual storm

I am looking back at what I wrote before to see why he wants them destroyed, I honestly can't remember why.  My goal is to set up custom made islands and regions/countries made by the community and they will be able to interact with each other in-game, all of this is building up to that in a logical and epic way while continuing the story.

I want to remind everyone that I am having trouble having EUIV running fast and smoothly, and it makes for an un-enjoyable playing experience. My interest in this project was greatly tied to me playing EUIV, and when I couldn't play the game smoothly I stopped playing it and with it my interest in this project waned. As such, I am not working on the mod itself until I have a better computer. My part in this project has been put on hiatus except for lore development and world building. I will gladly explain things as I wanted them to be and have open discussion, but you wont see a lot of stuff from me for the time being. I need something to tick off my interest again.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I never said that New Atero would be completely abandoned, you are right, that doesn't make sense. I was saying that most of the MU natives would leave for fear of being destroyed by Tahedin's forces. And again, none of that happens until the Great Beings arrive, as Velika/Tahedin doesn't have the manpower to conquer Spherus Magna until then. there might be events hinting toward the eventual storm

I am looking back at what I wrote before to see why he wants them destroyed, I honestly can't remember why.  My goal is to set up custom made islands and regions/countries made by the community and they will be able to interact with each other in-game, all of this is building up to that in a logical and epic way while continuing the story.

I want to remind everyone that I am having trouble having EUIV running fast and smoothly, and it makes for an un-enjoyable playing experience. My interest in this project was greatly tied to me playing EUIV, and when I couldn't play the game smoothly I stopped playing it and with it my interest in this project waned. As such, I am not working on the mod itself until I have a better computer. My part in this project has been put on hiatus except for lore development and world building. I will gladly explain things as I wanted them to be and have open discussion, but you wont see a lot of stuff from me for the time being. I need something to tick off my interest again.

Okay, since EU4 runs fine for me now, I'll take head story-line conceptualization until you have an adequate machine to run the game. I'll check back with you on things now and again, but until you get a new computer, I volunteer to take lead for now. I am still working on the map and working on more flags behind the scenes and I'll update you with them when the time comes.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Okay, since EU4 runs fine for me now, I'll take head story-line conceptualization until you have an adequate machine to run the game. I'll check back with you on things now and again, but until you get a new computer, I volunteer to take lead for now. I am still working on the map and working on more flags behind the scenes and I'll update you with them when the time comes.

You can do some graphic stuff and help with the story, but this project and it's lore is my child. May seem authoritarian, but I'll only 'canonize' details and things if i like it or I find it compatible; please, do not attempt at taking the lore and story away from me or we might have some complications. As a history guy, here is an example I can go off of: you can be the 'viceroy' if you want, but the ruler still rules over the viceroy while he/she rules in the king's place in a far away land. I am the ruler and this project and it's lore is my domain. The very thing causing distance in this case is EUIV complications (rather than vastness of water or empty outer space). Aside from that distance, I still am in control. And unlike the situation with England or Spain, I'll move right back in soon instead of permanently distanced by geographical separation.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

You can do some graphic stuff and help with the story, but this project and it's lore is my child. May seem authoritarian, but I'll only 'canonize' details and things if i like it or I find it compatible; please, do not attempt at taking the lore and story away from me or we might have some complications. As a history guy, here is an example I can go off of: you can be the 'viceroy' if you want, but the ruler still rules over the viceroy while he/she rules in the king's place in a far away land. I am the ruler and this project and it's lore is my domain. The very thing causing distance in this case is EUIV complications (rather than vastness of water or empty outer space). Aside from that distance, I still am in control. And unlike the situation with England or Spain, I'll move right back in soon instead of permanently distanced by geographical separation.

Of course, I am just saying that in your absence I will temporary take your place, like that of a viceroy. This is still your brain-child, not mine. Though some of the material is of my own creation, the project in general is your idea, so I won't take that away from you, just in your absence. Apologies for any confusion.

pure_muscle.png

Of course, I am just saying that in your absence I will temporary take your place, like that of a viceroy. This is still your brain-child, not mine. Though some of the material is of my own creation, the project in general is your idea, so I won't take that away from you, just in your absence. Apologies for any confusion.

What are you going on about? I'll still be here I just can't play the base game (or at least not enjoyably, too slow). It's the exact same situation I have been in since mid-last year, I just thought I'd give a reminder and update that I am wanting to get a new computer (who doesn't?). If i ever get any inspiration I'll come here and write more stuff out, like I always had (no inspiration as of late unfortunately).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I am looking back at what I wrote before to see why he wants them destroyed, I honestly can't remember why. My goal is to set up custom made islands and regions/countries made by the community and they will be able to interact with each other in-game, all of this is building up to that in a logical and epic way while continuing the story.

What are you going on about? I'll still be here I just can't play the base game (or at least not enjoyably, too slow). It's the exact same situation I have been in since mid-last year, I just thought I'd give a reminder and update that I am wanting to get a new computer (who doesn't?). If i ever get any inspiration I'll come here and write more stuff out, like I always had (no inspiration as of late unfortunately).
I know, I was just speaking hypothetically if that does happen. Anyway, on to actually doing something today! (tots gonna be playing some EU4) Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

• 2 weeks later...

EUIV might be too slow for some reason, but Crusader Kings II works absolutely fine for me. I am thinking about learning how to mod CKII, and if it is easy enough maybe start some drafts for an earlier start date set in this same continuity (Bara Magna). If I were to pursue this, would any of you guys be interested, or would the lack of MU races be a deal breaker?

Vanson, sorry about not putting your songs on the first page! I'll get to that.

EDIT: In reference to the following awesome song, https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/matoran-battle-song/s-bJ0nP, I think it should be called something like, 'In The Face of Destiny'. I don't know what my brother is talking about, it's not a dance song! :lol:

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I feel that the lack of races would be a deal breaker BUT I do also feel that this mod should be developed for BOTH EUIV AND CKII. You're the head of this project, which ever is easier to mod, we mod first. I for one don't own CKII, but I do know that (or at least it seems as if ) it is easier to mod CKII than EUIV. People have made many cool and interesting mods for EUIV, but most of which aren't updated to the most recent version of EUIV, at least not as quickly. I mean, some guy made a mod so that you would be able to play on a terraformed Mars in CKII for pete sake! If someone can do that, than we can certainly make the world of Spherus Magna and change Humans to something else, everything else is already in place to work with, with CKII. Whist EUIV requires a bit more tinkering to get everything just right. I say we get a Demo version of the mod out for CKII first, than start work on a demo version for EUIV. We can (to my knowledge) use just about the exact same materials that we have conjured up with little to no changes needed for everything to work, to my knowledge that is.

EDIT: I am thinking that the song should be called 'Remembrance" as a prelude to the past and the history of the Matoran/Toa/Turaga of the MU.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I feel that the lack of races would be a deal breaker BUT I do also feel that this mod should be developed for BOTH EUIV AND CKII. You're the head of this project, which ever is easier to mod, we mod first. I for one don't own CKII, but I do know that (or at least it seems as if ) it is easier to mod CKII than EUIV. People have made many cool and interesting mods for EUIV, but most of which aren't updated to the most recent version of EUIV, at least not as quickly. I mean, some guy made a mod so that you would be able to play on a terraformed Mars in CKII for pete sake! If someone can do that, than we can certainly make the world of Spherus Magna and change Humans to something else, everything else is already in place to work with, with CKII. Whist EUIV requires a bit more tinkering to get everything just right. I say we get a Demo version of the mod out for CKII first, than start work on a demo version for EUIV. We can (to my knowledge) use just about the exact same materials that we have conjured up with little to no changes needed for everything to work, to my knowledge that is.

EDIT: I am thinking that the song should be called 'Remembrance" as a prelude to the past and the history of the Matoran/Toa/Turaga of the MU.

Neuropolis actually already has that meaning. This song should be something more epic. Hey Vanson, I've been listening to some Daft Punk. do you think you could make a genre blending song that had some inspiration from Verdis Quo? Not sure how that would work out.

It might actually make things easier to start with. First, the map would only cover Neala. You've got the colorful human-like Agori, the pale red-grey half-breed Skrall, the red giant Jirappa, the clay-red scorpion-people Vorox, and the Ostonigosa (who I always imagined having olive-skin pigmentation with oriental eyes), and Onyu (cousins to the Ostonigosa). We would also have to make portraits for each of the races and allow customization. I don't know where you got that info from, the sheer amount of characters and overlapping interactions and history make Crusader Kings II harder to mod than EUIV from what I have heard, that was actually one of the main reasons why I initially decided to go with EUIV.

You should get Crusader Kings II, the game mechanics aren't as deep as EUIV (as it came before EUIV), but the stories you craft from these characters you play as throughout the succeeding centuries are just awesome, and the game even keeps track of some of it in the form of a Family Chronicle. Lastly, you can port your CKII game to EUIV when you are done and have a mega campaign (if you want, going from the mid-late 700's to 1821 AD). Here is something that happened to me as an excerpt from a comment I wrote on Youtube:

Reminds me of the most epic thing that happened to me on Crusader Kings II.

As the Komnenos dynasty of the Roman Empire (I mod the name Byzantine Empire) I retook all of Anatolia and annexed Georgia, Crimea, and all the land in-between. I was slowly reforging the Roman Empire's former glory and taking new land in the name if the Empire (even retaking Libya and Egypt, slowly encircling around the Holy Lands). Then, came the Mongols. All of my Crimean, Georgian, and most of my Anatolian lands were taken by the steppe barbarians. Enough was enough! I assembled the largest army Europe had seen in centuries (110,000), one that put the Abbasid Caliphate to shame [massively over powered in it's height], and in a very tense scenario the Roman Empire made fierce combat with the Golden Horde and it's allies on the Black Sea coast of Georgia (having around 150,000), for for a couple of weeks the most bloody battle had taken place. In the battle [my character] the emperor Staurakios Komnenos was slain, but rather than flee in terror, the men remembered the death of their fearless leader and their morale increased, fighting in the name of their fallen Emperor [something I have never seen before nor since] and slaughtered the lot of the Mongolian bast**ds in hard-fought rage, making sure that that their leader's death was not in vain! The bast**ds ran far away from the place and never again would they be able to muster up such a great force (but they continued attacking). [I actually yelled in triumph when I kicked their evil arses!! Hahaha!]

Unfortunately, CKII was updated and my save game became obsolete; at least I have the memory.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I feel that the lack of races would be a deal breaker BUT I do also feel that this mod should be developed for BOTH EUIV AND CKII. You're the head of this project, which ever is easier to mod, we mod first. I for one don't own CKII, but I do know that (or at least it seems as if ) it is easier to mod CKII than EUIV. People have made many cool and interesting mods for EUIV, but most of which aren't updated to the most recent version of EUIV, at least not as quickly. I mean, some guy made a mod so that you would be able to play on a terraformed Mars in CKII for pete sake! If someone can do that, than we can certainly make the world of Spherus Magna and change Humans to something else, everything else is already in place to work with, with CKII. Whist EUIV requires a bit more tinkering to get everything just right. I say we get a Demo version of the mod out for CKII first, than start work on a demo version for EUIV. We can (to my knowledge) use just about the exact same materials that we have conjured up with little to no changes needed for everything to work, to my knowledge that is.  EDIT: I am thinking that the song should be called 'Remembrance" as a prelude to the past and the history of the Matoran/Toa/Turaga of the MU.

Neuropolis actually already has that meaning. This song should be something more epic. Hey Vanson, I've been listening to some Daft Punk. do you think you could make a genre blending song that had some inspiration from Verdis Quo? Not sure how that would work out. It might actually make things easier to start with. First, the map would only cover Neala. You've got the colorful human-like Agori, the pale red-grey half-breed Skrall, the red giant Jirappa, the clay-red scorpion-people Vorox, and the Ostonigosa (who I always imagined having olive-skin pigmentation with oriental eyes), and Onyu (cousins to the Ostonigosa). We would also have to make portraits for each of the races and allow customization. I don't know where you got that info from, the sheer amount of characters and overlapping interactions and history make Crusader Kings II harder to mod than EUIV from what I have heard, that was actually one of the main reasons why I initially decided to go with EUIV. You should get Crusader Kings II, the game mechanics aren't as deep as EUIV (as it came before EUIV), but the stories you craft from these characters you play as throughout the succeeding centuries are just awesome, and the game even keeps track of some of it in the form of a Family Chronicle. Lastly, you can port your CKII game to EUIV when you are done and have a mega campaign (if you want, going from the mid-late 700's to 1821 AD). Here is something that happened to me as an excerpt from a comment I wrote on Youtube: 

Reminds me of the most epic thing that happened to me on Crusader Kings II. As the Komnenos dynasty of the Roman Empire (I mod the name Byzantine Empire) I retook all of Anatolia and annexed Georgia, Crimea, and all the land in-between. I was slowly reforging the Roman Empire's former glory and taking new land in the name if the Empire (even retaking Libya and Egypt, slowly encircling around the Holy Lands). Then, came the Mongols. All of my Crimean, Georgian, and most of my Anatolian lands were taken by the steppe barbarians. Enough was enough! I assembled the largest army Europe had seen in centuries (110,000), one that put the Abbasid Caliphate to shame [massively over powered in it's height], and in a very tense scenario the Roman Empire made fierce combat with the Golden Horde and it's allies on the Black Sea coast of Georgia (having around 150,000), for for a couple of weeks the most bloody battle had taken place. In the battle [my character] the emperor Staurakios Komnenos was slain, but rather than flee in terror, the men remembered the death of their fearless leader and their morale increased, fighting in the name of their fallen Emperor [something I have never seen before nor since] and slaughtered the lot of the Mongolian bast**ds in hard-fought rage, making sure that that their leader's death was not in vain! The bast**ds ran far away from the place and never again would they be able to muster up such a great force (but they continued attacking). [I actually yelled in triumph when I kicked their evil arses!! Hahaha!] Unfortunately, CKII was updated and my save game became obsolete; at least I have the memory.

Holy D#&@..... Okay, thats just, woooow. I do have the extended timeline mod, but of course that doesn't really go to THAT extend of just pure awesome! I was thinking about getting CKII awhile back, but the price was kind of daunting. With all the dlc and such. But I'll look back into it.

And by "CKII is easier to mod than EUIV" what I meant by that is that it's "seemingly" easier to mod, I didn't take into account all the details about family lines and the like. All the textures and such that would need to be made and changed

Again like I said, which ever is easier to mod for you we do first. And since we are working with such a small portion of the map, I feel that if we were to make the mod for CKII we would be rather limted in map size, due to the fact that we can't have all the different races of the MU. So in my mind it would make sence for it to take place during or around the time of Greani the Great, due to the said lack of races. And, since you can convert your save file over to EUIV, than if we were to go down that route it would make sence, though since the mod is suppose to start AFTER the battle of spherus magna and the reformation, that would certainly cause some problems, though I guess we could just keep much of the map cut off until that point.

But I don't know, it's just an idea, I don't want to make this whole process even more work, I'm just brainstorming ideas here. We only go through with what ever you decide to go with. I'm all for it since I am completely obliged to the development of this project and the mod, though I can't say the same for everyone else.

Anyway, I would like to expand the lore and general wildlife of Bota Magna some more, I have many ideas, and many concepts to work off of. I would like to do that before I start work on the Zyglak lore. Oh, and speaking of portraits, I'll be starting more work on adviser portraits (backgrounds).

pure_muscle.png

I've been working on my Bara Magna RPG draft, and been setting things up for a period of tension after the death of Certavus Magnus. After his death, Tajun (who was previously the regional superpower) would be planting the groundwork for a full-scale revolt that would destroy the Glatorian System. Still working on details, but hey-- more lore is being worked on. I don't want to say much in case I do finish it, spoilers y'know. There is a piece of plot that takes inspiration from John Carter of Mars however.

For a CKII mod in this continuity, I feel the mod would have to take place in the middle of the Age of Anarchy, a couple of centuries before the rise of Tajun's hegemony and hydraulic empire. During that time people can pick whomever they want and just go at it, brief empires rising and just as quickly falling. After Certavus Magnus conquers Neala and establishes the Glatorian System, I am not sure how to replicate such a peaceful international system in CKII.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

EDIT: In reference to the following awesome song, https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/matoran-battle-song/s-bJ0nP, I think it should be called something like, 'In The Face of Destiny'. I don't know what my brother is talking about, it's not a dance song! :lol:

Do you think that song is satisfactory, or does it need a little something extra?

Do you think that song is satisfactory, or does it need a little something extra?

Right now I feel hat it's fine, but if we feel like there should be more there than lets add more to it in the future, if we're only making a small number of songs to begin with, it makes sense that they be mostly all there, and since it's a small number of songs, we could easily go back and change them up a bit. as for this song though, I feel that at it's current point it's fine, though it could have a little bit more to it. Nothing major, but maybe a bit say subtle tribal drumbeats, and some more subtle chanting.

pure_muscle.png

Another song snippet: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/title

Disregard the 15 seconds of silence at the beginning. Should I continue with this idea? I though it sounded like a title screen theme or maybe a battle theme.

Another song snippet: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/title

Disregard the 15 seconds of silence at the beginning. Should I continue with this idea? I though it sounded like a title screen theme or maybe a battle theme.

I love it :inlove:(First time I have ever used the emoticon). Sounds like fitting background music for the campaign map, actually makes me want to play Stainless Steel 6.4 for Medieval II: Total War (that said it might just be nostalgia talking). I say that because it reminds me of Kevin McLeod, which Stainless Steel uses a lot of his music.

For the main menu theme, i wanted some tunes from the Legends of Metru-Nui theme. If you could somehow combine this or something new with those and add some ethnic tunes for the Spherus Magna natives (however minor the tunes may be), then we'd have the theme. Otherwise, you could build off of this in your own vision within reason and we have another song for the game. 

EDIT:

I have been thinking that the Zhonyu and Onyu (earth tribe agori) could be expanded upon more, more specifically the former. A cousin of mine wrote out something that I could use for them and I'll be seeing if I can expand upon his draft (which was short). If anyone has any ideas for these Chinese-inspired peoples (and genetic cousins to the ancestors of the Great Beings) that would be appreciative. This goes for their unnamed island-based cousins to the south as well, who are going to be partly influenced by the Japanese, which as I don't know a good whole lot about them I could use help with that. Now, while we think some stuff up, lets keep in mind that the Zuunic Ostonigosa have had an influence over these folks.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hey, is there a place for me somewhere in the project? I am not too good with image editing, and I know absolutely nothing about coding or music... But I do have some ideas.

For example: some time ago, someone proposed to create a japanese-ish place. Well how about in New Atero a small group of toa start thinking that the Toa Code is no longer needed. The 'do not kill' rule was to ensure the MU didn't lose important parts of the system, such as Rahi or matoran. They create a warrior philosophy, similar to bushido, to replace the toa code. They are warriors, but they are not going to be barbarians. SOme other beings start entering their group, attracted by the ideas of loyalty and honor that this group has. So, this small group starts a schism with the rest of the toa, so they leave New Atero with a group of matoran and agori followers, to settle on a nearby island. There, under the rule of a high leader (I would say Kopaka. He sort of matches in my head), the group settles divided by element clans (similar to the daimyo clans in feudal japan), and build a new culture based on their warrior code. This new nation would have pretty good relations with New Atero, as they are basically some of it's inhabitants looking for a land to govern in accordance to their ideas; and also with the Order of MN.

What fo you think? I have more ideas jumping about my head, but this is the first one I came up with when I saw this topic.

Hey, is there a place for me somewhere in the project? I am not too good with image editing, and I know absolutely nothing about coding or music... But I do have some ideas.

For example: some time ago, someone proposed to create a japanese-ish place. Well how about in New Atero a small group of toa start thinking that the Toa Code is no longer needed. The 'do not kill' rule was to ensure the MU didn't lose important parts of the system, such as Rahi or matoran. They create a warrior philosophy, similar to bushido, to replace the toa code. They are warriors, but they are not going to be barbarians. SOme other beings start entering their group, attracted by the ideas of loyalty and honor that this group has. So, this small group starts a schism with the rest of the toa, so they leave New Atero with a group of matoran and agori followers, to settle on a nearby island. There, under the rule of a high leader (I would say Kopaka. He sort of matches in my head), the group settles divided by element clans (similar to the daimyo clans in feudal japan), and build a new culture based on their warrior code. This new nation would have pretty good relations with New Atero, as they are basically some of it's inhabitants looking for a land to govern in accordance to their ideas; and also with the Order of MN.

What fo you think? I have more ideas jumping about my head, but this is the first one I came up with when I saw this topic.

Hello SkratchR!
My name is Iaredios and this project is the offspring of me solidifying the head canon that I had been developing (in my head) for years after Bionicle G1 started. I feel I must put this here: I'm not the only one to have developed lore for this project, for instance Imrukii has been developing Bota Magna. Though I started this and it runs under my supervision, it is no longer my solely my own and each member of the development team lays claim to a piece of A Rude Awakening. The only way to become a team member is if you have provided some amount of work dedicated to it first then admitted (I've had a bad history of signing people up and they never pop up again). You are interested in the lore development, so if you want to join then lets do something with it! Once we have something of substance I'll slap thine name onto the team list.

ANYWAY

I actually find your idea to be quite interesting. First, let me say that in this universe, the Toa Code only applies to sentient. You have the moral option to slay a brutal beast but it must be the last remaining option (and that last bit only applies to the pre-Melding lore). I actually have a drawing that I will not be uploading depicting Mata Nui fending off the viscous (organic) Great Bat, grey-scale blood following the path of a slashing sword.

Now, something came up as I was reading it.The Toa have had this code of mercy ingrained into their minds and have fought to keep this code intact. Initial encounters and constant contact with the bloodthirsty squishy natives will not simply make this law moot. There would have to be a catalyst to spark such a schism. Other than following the route of mutual corruption that the Great Schism went through, I feel that either two things would have to happen: either a new Toa team arises, the continued usage of this tradition of mercy is inadequate in their eyes, and a schism rips between a New Order and Old Order of Toa, those that kill sentients and those that do (reminiscent of a Superman storyline); or a major Toa character is slain because he held himself back to uphold his honor, and the realization of this creates a division between already existing characters (this is somewhat reminiscent of Under the Red Hood).

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hello SkratchR!
My name is Iaredios and this project is the offspring of me solidifying the head canon that I had been developing (in my head) for years after Bionicle G1 started. I feel I must put this here: I'm not the only one to have developed lore for this project, for instance Imrukii has been developing Bota Magna. Though I started this and it runs under my supervision, it is no longer my solely my own and each member of the development team lays claim to a piece of A Rude Awakening. The only way to become a team member is if you have provided some amount of work dedicated to it first then admitted (I've had a bad history of signing people up and they never pop up again). You are interested in the lore development, so if you want to join then lets do something with it! Once we have something of substance I'll slap thine name onto the team list.

ANYWAY

I actually find your idea to be quite interesting. First, let me say that in this universe, the Toa Code only applies to sentient. You have the moral option to slay a brutal beast but it must be the last remaining option (and that last bit only applies to the pre-Melding lore). I actually have a drawing that I will not be uploading depicting Mata Nui fending off the viscous (organic) Great Bat, grey-scale blood following the path of a slashing sword.

Now, something came up as I was reading it.The Toa have had this code of mercy ingrained into their minds and have fought to keep this code intact. Initial encounters and constant contact with the bloodthirsty squishy natives will not simply make this law moot. There would have to be a catalyst to spark such a schism. Other than following the route of mutual corruption that the Great Schism went through, I feel that either two things would have to happen: either a new Toa team arises, the continued usage of this tradition of mercy is inadequate in their eyes, and a schism rips between a New Order and Old Order of Toa, those that kill sentients and those that do (reminiscent of a Superman storyline); or a major Toa character is slain because he held himself back to uphold his honor, and the realization of this creates a division between already existing characters (this is somewhat reminiscent of Under the Red Hood).

Y'know, this whole thing kind of reminds me of Toa Imrukii, where as he never killed anyone, but has to cope with the possibility of doing so. As for such a thing to happen, this would greatly weaken New Atero I feel, because less of their people are living amongst them, and thusly, some stronger people would have left, therefore making them both look weak and be weak, leaving open the possibility of a future attack by Tahedin. So for the sake of New Atero, they must NOT let themselves split so to strengthen themselves. They would be allies with the tribal kingdoms of Luneah, but since they are not unified, they would not be able to defend their allies from possible attack. Then again, there would be other nations that could help to defend New Atero in their weakened state of being, such as Whein and possibly the people of the lands to the north, not quite the Skrall of the Jaripa (to my knowledge).

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

How about:

The piraka! The remaining piraka (those who were not fused to form that golden being) exit from the MU, and fight in the battle of Bara Magna. They, however, don't have any interest in fighting with Nektann's skakdi, because they hate the guy, so they fight against them, and eventually kill Nektann. So, the inhabitants of the MU (many of whom have no idea who these people are) forgive them for any problems they might have caused in the past, becase they redeemed themselves in the battle.

However, after everyone is settled down, the piraka use the people's trust in them to set up a crime organization. Teir biggest hit is to the building of the Council, where they assasinate some members, and keep others hostage (cad bane in Star Wars CW?). Among these members there are toa, and matoran. Eventually, they are defeated, and put to trial. The public (especially agori) blames the toa Mahri for not killing them when they had a chance. Some toa, who lost friends in the attack, also see how their ways of not killing beings who are actually inmortal can cause problems. 

The day the Piraka are to be sentenced by the Council, Tahu says that they should be banished to the desert, never to return again. Kopaka (whose friend Arktinen died in the attack?), however, answers that the piraka have been given too many opportunities. He reminds his brother how those same piraka had kept them hostage and maskless. Tahu and Kopaka get into a shouting match (again) and Kopaka ends up storming out of the room. The Council then votes what to do with the Piraka, and they are exiled. A small minority who sympathise with kopaka then form this new school of thought, and eventually separate from the ond school Toa.

Yes, this would probably weaken New Atero, but only for a while. It should be a rather small group who separate from the council, all of them Matoran and toa (the agori have no problem killing anyway). But, they would travel to some area close to New Atero where agori lived already. These agori would accept Kopaka as leader (he is the most powerful in the place) after he defends them from a bone hunter raid. The toa and matoran then form the upper or 'samurai' class (they are inmortal, they have more time to get higher ranks than agori) and the agory form the citizens of the new state.

Of course, this new state would be quite weak, as it is fragmented in six different terrirories, and it has a rather small population, but it would be a really close friend of Atero (maybe even vassal?). They just want to live according to their ideas, and bring justice to matoran and agori, even if they have to kill to gain it.

Anyway, the Toa don't have the Code programmed into them. In the Toa Empire AU, they kill as much as they want. Helryx in the main universe kills too, as does the whole order. And didn't Lesovikk also kill zyglak? They just feel bad if they kill somebody, as everyone does. But kopaka... that guy doesn't know what 'feeling' is like. :D

What do you think? If you like the overall idea, I can expand on it as much as you want. Feudal japan and bionicle are two of my biggest interests, so I can't wait to find a way to get them together!

Edit: In this scenario, the Voya Nui matoran would be the ones who leave for the new island. They are the ones who hate the Piraka most. A small but auto-sufficient population of matoran, enough to mantain a small island-Nation, with the help of some agori. Balta, Kazi, Piruk, Garan and Dalu would be 'daimyos' (someone for stone has to be found).

Edited by skratchR

How about:

The piraka! The remaining piraka (those who were not fused to form that golden being) exit from the MU, and fight in the battle of Bara Magna. They, however, don't have any interest in fighting with Nektann's skakdi, because they hate the guy, so they fight against them, and eventually kill Nektann. So, the inhabitants of the MU (many of whom have no idea who these people are) forgive them for any problems they might have caused in the past, becase they redeemed themselves in the battle.

However, after everyone is settled down, the piraka use the people's trust in them to set up a crime organization. Teir biggest hit is to the building of the Council, where they assasinate some members, and keep others hostage (cad bane in Star Wars CW?). Among these members there are toa, and matoran. Eventually, they are defeated, and put to trial. The public (especially agori) blames the toa Mahri for not killing them when they had a chance. Some toa, who lost friends in the attack, also see how their ways of not killing beings who are actually inmortal can cause problems. 

The day the Piraka are to be sentenced by the Council, Tahu says that they should be banished to the desert, never to return again. Kopaka (whose friend Arktinen died in the attack?), however, answers that the piraka have been given too many opportunities. He reminds his brother how those same piraka had kept them hostage and maskless. Tahu and Kopaka get into a shouting match (again) and Kopaka ends up storming out of the room. The Council then votes what to do with the Piraka, and they are exiled. A small minority who sympathise with kopaka then form this new school of thought, and eventually separate from the ond school Toa.

Yes, this would probably weaken New Atero, but only for a while. It should be a rather small group who separate from the council, all of them Matoran and toa (the agori have no problem killing anyway). But, they would travel to some area close to New Atero where agori lived already. These agori would accept Kopaka as leader (he is the most powerful in the place) after he defends them from a bone hunter raid. The toa and matoran then form the upper or 'samurai' class (they are inmortal, they have more time to get higher ranks than agori) and the agory form the citizens of the new state.

Of course, this new state would be quite weak, as it is fragmented in six different terrirories, and it has a rather small population, but it would be a really close friend of Atero (maybe even vassal?). They just want to live according to their ideas, and bring justice to matoran and agori, even if they have to kill to gain it.

Anyway, the Toa don't have the Code programmed into them. In the Toa Empire AU, they kill as much as they want. Helryx in the main universe kills too, as does the whole order. And didn't Lesovikk also kill zyglak? They just feel bad if they kill somebody, as everyone does. But kopaka... that guy doesn't know what 'feeling' is like. :D

What do you think? If you like the overall idea, I can expand on it as much as you want. Feudal japan and bionicle are two of my biggest interests, so I can't wait to find a way to get them together!

Edit: In this scenario, the Voya Nui matoran would be the ones who leave for the new island. They are the ones who hate the Piraka most. A small but auto-sufficient population of matoran, enough to mantain a small island-Nation, with the help of some agori. Balta, Kazi, Piruk, Garan and Dalu would be 'daimyos' (someone for stone has to be found).

Alright, first things first: Anything major to the Matoran Universe is to be left alone. We're trying to build off from where Bionicle stopped while adapting changes taken to the universe by simply not having the Spherus Magna natives be immortal; as well as a few other things, such as the matoran of the island of Mata Nui creating a system of religious philosophy based upon the three virtues in the form of the elemental virtues and vices as seen in MNOGII, for example, which Lego de-canonized since it was too close to religion. If we change too much stuff pertaining to where Bionicle was built from, that being the Matoran Universe, then it might as well not be Bionicle. The Battle of Bara Magna and the Melding of Spherus Magna is what the entire modern-day period of the project is in the shadow of, and heavily changing them could shatter what is already (near-)perfectly established.

Alrighty, I have to ask: when you say 'piraka', do you mean the Piraka Gang featured on Voya Nui, or the Skakdi Species that the short-lived gang was made out of? i need that cleared out before I go any further.

Y'know, this whole thing kind of reminds me of Toa Imrukii, where as he never killed anyone, but has to cope with the possibility of doing so. As for such a thing to happen, this would greatly weaken New Atero I feel, because less of their people are living amongst them, and thusly, some stronger people would have left, therefore making them both look weak and be weak, leaving open the possibility of a future attack by Tahedin. So for the sake of New Atero, they must NOT let themselves split so to strengthen themselves. They would be allies with the tribal kingdoms of Luneah, but since they are not unified, they would not be able to defend their allies from possible attack. Then again, there would be other nations that could help to defend New Atero in their weakened state of being, such as Whein and possibly the people of the lands to the north, not quite the Skrall of the Jaripa (to my knowledge).

This reminds me how I said I was going to work on a modern-day timeline for A Rude Awakening, then I got distracted by Star Wars months ago and nothing ever came of it. I deeply apologize for that.

Originally, it was the Makutine (Cult of Makuta) that started the New Atero Civil War. this conflict is necessary as it fractures and weakens a local super-power state, leaving it open for the invasions and wars by the Barraki, Takadox, the Element Lords, and an increase of destructive Cultist activities This allows the region to be weak and unstable enough for Tahedin/Velika to successfully invade the area, which down the road leads to the 'second final battle' at Deit. In fact, the New Atero Civil War (NACW) seems to be so important to the rest of the planned out story that I am starting to think that the EUIV game should begin with the aftermath of the NACW and not right before it. Currently, the NACW is caused by racial tensions secretly caused by the planning of Turaga Ahkmou (in-turn aided by his lord Makuta Teridax from beyond the grave; stuf still being worked on). The new possibility (inspired by SkratchR's first rough draft) is that the NACW is caused by either a death or few of famous living Toa (I have no idea who to pick for that) or the rise of a new, morally corrupt toa team divides the remaining Toa. You know what destroyed the greatest of empires? Many variables, so I don't see why not here. We can  easily combine my original one and one of the new possibilities, but I feel including all three might be too much. The Makutine could very easily have started both and then let others due the rest.

I need to go to bed, I've been awake for about 30+ hours. I'll continue this tomorrow.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

When I say 'piraka', I mean the actual band of Vezok, Avak, Zaktan, Reidak, Thok and Hakann. Some of them were fused into the golden being, some were not. Anyway, I just noticed something: those piraka who were not fused had already been killed before, so that is discarted. Anyway, I am aware that the species' name is skakdi, and their ruler is Nektann.

So, with the piraka out of the question, Ankhmou is the only possibility. Let's say Ankhmou organises something like what Palpatine does in SW. Trade disputes here, civil wars there, political instability, etc. Then, his final move is to attack the Council (again, cad bane in SW), which is the detonator for the already explosive situation. The war starts, two groups fight, and this third 'warrior class' group separates from the war.

The war should not be ok 'killing' against 'non killing'. It is obvious which side would win. Much like harry potter, you can't fight a war against people who can kill you with two words just by trying to stun them or take away their magic sticks, no? That is why this movement of warriors should be people not interested in the war, who go into exile, and then act as a mediator between the two factions when they eventually sit down and talk about it. That way, the super power is divided, but they are not actually enemies: they get over it and join forces against the common enemy, helped by this japanese-ish offspring. One of the objectives for a New Atero player would be to re-unite the three factions into a greater country to resist the attacks of the makuta cultists. Much like Germany, Italy or Spain in EU4. Didn't you once say that New Atero was like the HRE? Here is another similarity, then!

Edit: About the dying toa, there is quite a problem there. Of course, famous toa should die, but... Who will you kill? We have grown up with those characters. It is very hard to simply say 'Aaaaand, Jaller's dead. And so is Lewa. Do you remember MNOG? Well, Takanuva is also dead!!!'

It is hard. And... is it absolutely necessary? There is a whole bunch of already mortal characters. Who have to die in some moment of the story. Them being assasinated would not make so much of a change.

Or maybe, what about somebody steals the Mask of Life?? That, for the MAtoran, would be much worse than killing somebody. They are in fact, kidnapping their god...

Edited by skratchR

When I say 'piraka', I mean the actual band of Vezok, Avak, Zaktan, Reidak, Thok and Hakann. Some of them were fused into the golden being, some were not. Anyway, I just noticed something: those piraka who were not fused had already been killed before, so that is discarted. Anyway, I am aware that the species' name is skakdi, and their ruler is Nektann.

So, with the piraka out of the question, Ankhmou is the only possibility. Let's say Ankhmou organises something like what Palpatine does in SW. Trade disputes here, civil wars there, political instability, etc. Then, his final move is to attack the Council (again, cad bane in SW), which is the detonator for the already explosive situation. The war starts, two groups fight, and this third 'warrior class' group separates from the war.

The war should not be ok 'killing' against 'non killing'. It is obvious which side would win. Much like harry potter, you can't fight a war against people who can kill you with two words just by trying to stun them or take away their magic sticks, no? That is why this movement of warriors should be people not interested in the war, who go into exile, and then act as a mediator between the two factions when they eventually sit down and talk about it. That way, the super power is divided, but they are not actually enemies: they get over it and join forces against the common enemy, helped by this japanese-ish offspring. One of the objectives for a New Atero player would be to re-unite the three factions into a greater country to resist the attacks of the makuta cultists. Much like Germany, Italy or Spain in EU4. Didn't you once say that New Atero was like the HRE? Here is another similarity, then!

Edit: About the dying toa, there is quite a problem there. Of course, famous toa should die, but... Who will you kill? We have grown up with those characters. It is very hard to simply say 'Aaaaand, Jaller's dead. And so is Lewa. Do you remember MNOG? Well, Takanuva is also dead!!!'

It is hard. And... is it absolutely necessary? There is a whole bunch of already mortal characters. Who have to die in some moment of the story. Them being assasinated would not make so much of a change.

Or maybe, what about somebody steals the Mask of Life?? That, for the MAtoran, would be much worse than killing somebody. They are in fact, kidnapping their god...

Not all Skakdi submitted to Nektann just because Teridax said so. But with the backing of a god-like being many Skakdi followed Nektann by rule of strength. Others joined up with the Golden Skinned Skakdi-Fusion Tserkoura for an unknown reason canon-wise. I simply labelled him the 'heir to Teridax' because it put him somewhere in the lore, but recently I have thinking of another course.

Makuta Teridax visibly didn't seem to have any part in the creation of Tserkoura, i previously ust assumed as such. But what if the remaining Skakdi followed this god-like being because he was actually a god from their own mythology? The only other piece of info from their mythology is Irnakk, the entity of fear. I have been thinking that i need to come up with a fleshed out artificial belief for the Skakdi the same way I did for the Bone Hunters and kind of did for the Zyglak. By making Tserkoura originate from the Skakdi mythology and culture that would mean i also need to give the fella yet another name (Antroana was a last minute one so I am willing to toss it) that would be better fitting of the rough-sounding Skakdi tongue. Tserkoura comes from Maori combination of the words 'The Golden One', so I want something close to this unless we attempt to change the name entirely (like dream god). Maybe, 'Tonkoukrak', or 'Shinkoukra'? Just throwing some ideas around. But this also brings something up: what caused the Skakdi to bring forth the creation of this dream maker? Energized Protodermis has been well established in this canon as a force that enacts the will of fate lest mortals sought what they were not meant to have and are thus destroyed for it. There has to be a larger reason as to why this happened and positive things have to come out of it even if they are not immediate, even for centuries and thousands of years (and positive also means the possible destruction of those that do great ill). I will think on all of this.

------- ------- -------

New Atero is only like HRE in-game because it is the guardian of a bunch of smaller semi-independent states in Neala (New Atero state being like Austria). Really it is the successor to the Glatorian System and the temporary 'Mega-State' as well as having to adapt and reform to the changed times (the Melding and the Matoran Universe immigrants). The NACW will be akin to the Thirty Years' War, where it starts out as an internal divide but as it escalates outside powers come in and meddle about, causing untold chaos and destruction. The difference here would be that the 'empire' would be in the right this time around as the rebels would be but the indirect puppets influenced by an outside force playing espionage warfare.

I don't quite like the idea of them fighting one another for that purpose anyway, i was just listing the two options I saw. It was inspired by a Superman story, though I guess his position was only truly defensible because he is friggin' Superman. My thought was that the Toa Nuva, including 'almighty demi-god' Tahu Nuva, were powerful enough to attempt to enforce the practice of the old ways while others would be divided after the death of an important character. The division including the Toa Nuva would be interesting. Maybe some would seek to base themselves more on their god, who killed beasts while he walked with the mortals and he slew his adopted brother, while others would stick to the traditions; it would actually play more onto the name 'A Rude Awakening', where their culture is shocked by the real actions of their own supreme deity, while still being noble he technically committed heresy. At the same time the Makutine (mah-koo-tee-nay) would do more than assassinate, that's why i said 'activities': they would be planting seeds of destruction here and there until the death(s) of key player(s) are set up to create religious and racial divide that is the catalyst to the destruction to come, ultimately forcing the inhabitants of Neala to go against their Great Hero/Supreme Deity's last command (Agori and Matoran, respectively). now, they all hypocritically commit heresy or disrespect and weaken each other, all for the pleasure of Ahkmou (and maybe Teridax).

For there to be any weight to what happened it would ave to be a major character that we have known for a while, and their death(s) (while being staged to have been killed by a group of Spherus Magna natives) would lead to the entire region being thrown into chaos. If that doesn't say just how important they are, then there is little else that will. This will be very difficult for me, which is why I have people to help me! :D

It won't be easy to take Mata Nui and the Ignika. He is not sleeping, he is awake and watches his people, even indirectly communicating with some. He co-pilots the mask of life, the very deus ex machina of later-half G1 Bionicle. He is also personally protected by Umbra, the Order of Mata Nui, and the Kini Nui Canons (holy order that heavily protects the Nealite Great Temple that houses Mata Nui and produces new Matoran Universe sentients), as well as a third of a country that worships him (MU folks are a very large minority).

------- ------- -------

The whole Chinese and Japanese talk earlier referred to a separate region of agori and maybe other races not related to them would have influences from those, and I was wanting help with lore-friendly material. :P To retain the Bionicle feel there would have to be some influence of Great Beings, and maybe a quest for technology. A suit of armor, perhaps, as my cousin played around with. I don't know.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

ScratchR, I am adding your name to the front page as a Discussioneer as you have given some assistance to the lore making. I thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Now, I am writing an epic pertaining to the lore of this media project, and I wanted to share an excerpt of the story. The excerpt technically takes place in the modern-day period, as an unnamed explorer finds ancient documents and brings it to a historian to have it translated and formatted correctly. It will explain the far, far past as well as give some insight onto how the world of Bionicle currently is (The excerpt is set in the past inside of the document collection). One of the main characters ('main character' in modern day will bemore of background characters) is that adventurer who found the documents, however the way I have written the person is completely blank. I need some ideas on how the person will look like and who it is. What gender? race/species? Is the character from Spherus Magna or the Matoran Universe? Et cetera?

To have the same feeling I was having while writing this, the following songs should be played appropriately. The Beginning. The Eternal War. Lastly, taking advice from John R.R. Tolkien in myth making, this mythology is false but has truth in it from what I have found. Take that as you may, but it's the mythological era for A Rude Awakening. Whatever thine personal persuasion might be, I am certain you might never look at nebulas the same way again. :P Enjoy.

-

The time from which this was writ is a time unlike any other. Time’s course has drastically been steered away from what could have been eternal darkness. A hundred years ago it was a much different place; a person from yonder time would be shocked at how history has unfolded. Now, there is hope, though it be dim in the blackness of the Great Orb. The purpose of this document is a historical one, but in order to get the full picture, I must start at The Beginning.

-------------------------------------------------

According to the traditions of old, there was only Grunchar in the beginning, the Great Potter. Grunchar is all things logical and all things pure and just. For reasons beyond our understanding, Existence was created by His reason, there now being a dim void. A barrier was created in the middle, one half to be the Wall of Stars, the other half to be the Etherealm. One was to fill in the void, the other was to keep it.  Grunchar spake forth his astral servants from his being, the ones called the ahura, and they were to be the instruments, the agents from which the foundation of Existence was to be erected. With His Hands, Grunchar used the ahura to lay the foundations of all Existence entire, rules of logic laid out embedded into the very fabric of the Wall of Stars and the Eatherealm, reflecting their creator. Everything was pure, just, and stable, and Existence just was. The two halves were merged while keeping their respective barriers, becoming one but separate, in reflection to their author. The foundations had been erected in the dark, now Grunchar was to mold forth the tangible in the Wall of Stars, lighting what was already there but sheathed in darkness. But His agents fell to err, steering time into one of many streams. The ahura went into conflict with themselves, the agent collectives speaking forth their opposing views, one faithfully serving Grunchar, the other blinding themselves to pride and claiming that they had a say in the way things were because they were involved with the construction. They both saw the future in as much as they could understand, for they were from Grunchar Himself, yet separate and tied to the Etherealm in Existence, unlike Grunchar who had authored Existence itself and was seperate from it while it allowed Hisnature to permeate through all of Existence at will. The ahura had been given the reasoning of logic as they came from Grunchar but were not of Him. That privilege was to be given to those molded out of the World of Stars and fueled by the Etherealm, a hybrid blessed by their Potter to be like Him in understanding.

The tongue-wise tug-of-war eventually quelled, and for this act of rebellion Grunchar exiled those wrongdoers to the Wall of Stars. They are naturally tied to the Etherealm but they are given physical manifestation as fluids, giving them a forced transcendent existence in Existence. Half of the exiled ahura pleaded forgiveness and recognized their foolishness, and the Potter gave this half the privilege of serving Grunchar in the World of Stars while in their just exile, and were to do things according to His just will. These ones had their collectives have the material appearance of bright glowing clouds of energy when in the void-remnant of the Wall of Stars, and glowing liquid silver in upon the tangible homes of mortals, and their privilege shone out through their transcendent manifestation. The later people of the Great Orb will christen this race of collectives, Mongoson, likewise the many children of Grunchar will give their own names in their respective tongues. The other half of the fallen would be those that distanced themselves from Grunchar to the maximum. They deafened themselves, blinded themselves, and thought only of themselves. Their distance from the light of Grunchar was manifested thoroughly. The dark collectives manifested in the Walls of stars as pure black gas that was darker than the void-remnant itself, and as thick black sludge that emitted a green gaseous aura when upon the tangible homes of mortals. Their absence of Grunchar was ironically as visible as light, and they made it their mission to corrupt, rot, and destroy all that has the influence of Grunchar, which also means their loyal kin and the Wall of Stars itself. The later people of the Great Orb will christen this race of fallen ahura collectives as Khargnu.

c253c92b77b3e6d79cdb98c381ad5671.jpg

The bright, colorful collectives of Mongoson spanned the entirety of the Wall of Stars, as well did their polar kin, the Khargnu collectives. Hatred for one another is great: Mongoson waves serving their creator diligently and battled with equal ferocity as the collectives of Khargnu; and the Khargnu despised the Mongoson’s willingness to plead forgiveness for what the Khargnu saw as blameless claim and saw their kin as traitors to both themselves and their kind. To Grunchar and the eternal races and entities, time is nothing, and it shows: for the initial phase of the Eternal War spanned an eon’s worth of time. Ferocious yet graceful is it waged, yet to our eyes from such distances do these great waves of fluids seem still.  It was from the corpses of the transcendent materialized forms that tangible and thoroughly observable matter was born; the destiny of the slain fluid spirits is beyond the knowing of us mortals. The ground that we walk on, the air we breathe, the poultry we dine, even our material form, it is all from the combined corpses of the Eternal War that still wages on today (as can be witnessed by the graceful conflict that is witnessed in the far cold places). Grunchar made good even out of the mistakes of his subjects. There is no escaping Destiny.

-

And just so you are clear, Mongoson is the older term for Natural/Energized Protodermis, and Khargnu is the older term for Natural Antidermis.Also, I chose that picture of a nebula because it sort of looks like a conflict is transpiring. The blue is energy/lightning being shot out and bending like limbs, you can see body parts of all sorts in the nebula as well as a couple of faces. It also looks like the light is reflecting off of otherwise unseen things, such as faces in the dark, a body, and some hands. Maybe my imagination went a little out there when i was writing this, but that picture is perfect for what I had in mind, and when I found it I was all like, "THAT! THAT'S IT!". The waves of collective consciousnesses in fluid forms in eternal combat and their kind's slain observable forms creating the shining stars surrounding the clash of currents.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I would like to make a list of custom characters. While I will be counting characters I have devised for the expanded history of Spherus Magna, this is more for modern-day characters. Imrukii and I have devised our own characters (Iaredios Paerkenon the half-breed historian, and Toa Imrukii of Occidental Bota Magna, respectively), and so I wanted to know if any of the other members would like to submit a Bionicle version of themselves into the lore.

So, what are the tales of Toa Vanson? :P Will you be journeying with Imrukii in the dark depths of the temperate coniferous rainforest that is much of Bota Magna, or do you have your own path? Will he retire to be the first Toa composer in New Atero, possibly revolutionizing the medievalist tunes of Neala with his brand new sick beats?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Thank you for accepting me in the project! I will try to be as useful as i can. I am still thinking about that idea about the toa schism, who can die, who kills who, etc. I have got little time for brainstorming with exams this week, but as soon as I finish, I will see if I can write a draft to discuss here. Anything more required of me?

So, what are the tales of Toa Vanson? :P Will you be journeying with Imrukii in the dark depths of the temperate coniferous rainforest that is much of Bota Magna, or do you have your own path? Will he retire to be the first Toa composer in New Atero, possibly revolutionizing the medievalist tunes of Neala with his brand new sick beats?

Give me a couple of days; I'll write up a lore/short story thing for myself.

I do have an epic I have put on the shelf for now for Imrukii, I'll get back to it soon though. I do also plan to post my mocs of Imrukii and his team.

Also, welcome to the project, skratchR!

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Guys, remember that for this media project there are no deadlines. Take your time, even quit if you want to (butIwillneverforgiveyouIsweartoGod).

Here is a map update for those who are interested. Although I made the map shape and some details many months ago, most of the finer details and edits have been made and expanded upon by Imrukii out of his own volition. Thanks dude, I don't know where the project would be had I not ensnared you with interest some time ago. :P The map size indicates it's for the first version, which will be more local and not global as we originally intended (still a huge plot of land, however). This is still under work so do not expect the next version to look exactly like this.

The bigger picture: once this area is thoroughly completed and released, then we will move onto the larger scope I originally intended.

revised_sm_-_small_1.png

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png