Hmm, if i were to give you some songs that could use slight additions to better fit Bionicle, do you think you could do that?

Woah! After a few months, we have finally gotten to page 12! Took long enough!

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Woah! After a few months, we have finally gotten to page 12! Took long enough!

LET'S PARTY!

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Hello, everyone! I'm back from a hiatus that was a combination of being out of town and stuck in a musical rut. Hopefully I can get some more music out here.

If you're still looking for musicians I can help you. (You can listen to something I made in my signature). :)

Welcome, fellow musician!

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Hello, everyone! I'm back from a hiatus that was a combination of being out of town and stuck in a musical rut. Hopefully I can get some more music out here.

If you're still looking for musicians I can help you. (You can listen to something I made in my signature). :)

Welcome, fellow musician!

I could very well say the same to you! Welcome back dude, we've missed ya.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I made a Sketch of Gaden Pyeor.

NOTE: This may not be final as of yet, this is simply conceptual.

image.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Dear Lord! Its like the stuff of nightmares!

...What's up with the helmet and the bare portion of his skull?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Dear Lord! Its like the stuff of nightmares!

...What's up with the helmet and the bare portion of his skull?

The concpet is that a portion of his face is not exposed. For whatever reason, either it was blown off, he has lost his vision, or he thinks it looks cool. Either way he wears the helmet most of the time to hide his face for whatever reason. His face in this picture he has had one portion blown or torn off in battle and what lays there is an empty eyesocket and bare bone. That smaller reddish looking "eye" in his socket is a "phantom eye." The idea of this is that it only appears as a sign of things to come, and he cannot control it. So he just hides it.

As for the other eye, thats just how I draw glatorian and agori eyes as. A bit of a differential. It differs from person to person in size, shape, and color.

pure_muscle.png

Not sure how you can be alive and have a bare skull portion... and not sure what it is, but the helmet design has a strong Matoran Universe feel to it, which detracts from the aim to make each region or culture more unique and separate from the robot people of Ao-Matoran. .

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Not sure how you can be alive and have a bare skull portion... and not sure what it is, but the helmet design has a strong Matoran Universe feel to it, which detracts from the aim to make each region or culture more unique and separate from the robot people of Ao-Matoran. .

Ao-Matoran?.... Anyway, His helmet is unique to him, being made up specifically to Mimic the 'Gifts' who fell and their masks. However, his helmet is also a direct copy of a Higher Rank Soldier's helmet. He just outfitted his with grits on the mouth and horns towards the back. Which the horns in and of themselves are a direct copy of the spikes on the backs of some Bo-Agori helmets, like that of Tarduk. The rest of him is more tribal looking, sporting wood and leaves, with a few metals here and there. Along with fabrics from Plant Fibers.

His Helmet like I said is a direct copy of high ranking soldier helmets which are made out of carved wood. However, his is made partially of metals found deep in the mines of Bohrebeah. Namely the grits on the mouth, his makeshift patch, and the red horms, which are connected to the green horns via being slid in, which them and of themselves are made of wood. Together these two sets make one set, and this is also why he has antlers made of wood, since they are technically branches.

I will be making up more sketeches soon to better show my ideas.

UPDATE: I have made a Concept Sketch for the Queen of Tulufu

She's a Child http://i.imgur.com/Rb2638B.jpg

Also, sorry for not being able to display it through Brickshelf. I am on Mobile right now and it only displays the file as named "image.jpg," and having multiple files named that simple will not work. I can't edit the file name either on mobile. So I'll have to email it to myself and edit the name later. Also, the horns on her mask are suppose to have charms and little trinkets hang off of them by strings and the like. Charms and Glyphs, stones and crystals, what have you.

UPDATE: I have made a new concept sketch of Gaden's Helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/aqh92Sz.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Here's a non-electronic song that I made: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/an-adventuring-song It will probably be revised, but does it it fit well with anything in the game?

Edited by Give me some sweets please

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Here's a non-electronic song that I made: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/an-adventuring-song It will probably be revised, but does it it fit well with anything in the game?

It could use a revision, but so far it sounds great. Title's that come to mind include "The Quest Continues" and "Dutiful Labor" (latter in reference to matoran working).

Great to have you back dude. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have Created a List of Songs that we may want to use in ARA.

List
We are Norse: https://youtu.be/6oSoBCLhgGg

Ahurani Rain:

Passage Grave:

Charge of the War Elephant: https://youtu.be/9EIIApYlpw4

From East to Farther East: https://youtu.be/LihwnimOSpI

Cataraman Marriage:

Hurricane Wasteland:

Sandlight and Moonlight:

Steppes of the Nomads:

New Dawn Rising:

Conquest of the Sea:

March of the Templars:

As well as made a concept sketch of Ruunic and Zuunic heads and faces with respective helmets.

Ruunic and Zuunic: http://i.imgur.com/iPjJg0Z.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

• 3 weeks later...

I haz made ARMOR DESIGNS!

ktYmiVY.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I haz made ARMOR DESIGNS!

ktYmiVY.jpg

To bee simple, the left looks great, the right not so much. May i ask why one has mouse ears and the other in-general looks like an elf, and has a gun-of-the-sorts?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I haz made ARMOR DESIGNS!ktYmiVY.jpg

To bee simple, the left looks great, the right not so much. May i ask why one has mouse ears and the other in-general looks like an elf, and has a gun-of-the-sorts?

The 'mouse ears' on the left one are sawed horns, that they put incense or feathers into. The right one is based off of a helmet I saw, and just went off from there. Decided to give it pointy ears on the sides of the face mask.

The gun looking weapon is a spear-launcher. There is a bold at the end, being held in by an arming mechanism and a looped around band of rubber. The main body of the tool is made up of a ttpe of hared wood, while the bottem and top are made out of bolted and curled in metal (curled in as that there are bits of metal left on the edges, and they are shaped and curled over and hammered into the body). On the top there is a primitive scope. Most spear-launchers down have this, istead opting for a crosshair.

Spear launchers tend to be shot at a high angle, so once you aligned it, you have to quickly turn upwards and fire.

pure_muscle.png

Okay we need a poll on this because it's driving me mad that we're not all 100% on this.

Should we keep the C's in the already preexisting names? Or replace them all with K's? I know that Iaredios hates C's, but I'm non the wiser to caring what we use for new names. But preexisting names I do mind and greatly so. Unless we come to an agreement represented in the lore as to the change itself, otherwise I see the name changes as being redundant.

So with that I want everyone's opinion on this. Much like how we settle on the name 'A Rude Awakening'.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Okay we need a poll on this because it's driving me mad that we're not all 100% on this.

Should we keep the C's in the already preexisting names? Or replace them all with K's? I know that Iaredios hates C's, but I'm non the wiser to caring what we use for new names. But preexisting names I do mind and greatly so. Unless we come to an agreement represented in the lore as to the change itself, otherwise I see the name changes as being redundant.

So with that I want everyone's opinion on this. Much like how we settle on the name 'A Rude Awakening'.

Poll how you please concerning the letter issue, but the name is staying. May I ask why you wanted to change it?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Poll how you please concerning the letter issue, but the name is staying. May I ask why you wanted to change it?

It just urked me. We talked over it though. We just need to write a story as to why the change.

pure_muscle.png

It just urked me. We talked over it though. We just need to write a story as to why the change.
No you weirdo, why change the name from 'A Rude Awakening'? Its sort of a brand name now.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Imrukii and I had an insightful conversation concerning A Rude Awakening, so i decided that for future reference i would paste the conversation log here. And this is all in sic:

Iaredios: Hmm. And maybe his mouth and chin, and close up of an eye to show it begin to water, but never a full picture.
Toa Imrukii: Maybe just a section of his cheek with a tear.
Iaredios: Nah
Toa Imrukii: the eye is very revealing.
Iaredios: i wanted to show the biomechanical display of it. It would be moreso then the comparabley robotic inhabitants of Ao. The eyes would ahve pupils, and a dull glow from the iris, and the rest of the eye having circuitry.
Toa Imrukii: yet you don't want augmentations? Why circuitry. Organic veins would make more sence if they are not augmented.
Iaredios: i said i do want augmentations. i only refused genetic alteration.
Toa Imrukii: Oh... Well, okay. Did I ay genetic? that's not quite what i meant in that case. By genetic I ment in-line with their biological fuctions, not as a part of their DNA.
Iaredios: Wellt hat's what genetic means. that's why i refused it because such chemical alterations could risk the loss of their powers.
Iaredios: *Well that's
Iaredios: They would no longer be who they were when transformed intially, all those years ago.
Toa Imrukii: I want them to keep their powers, but for things like the eyes and internal organs to be augmented to ensure longer lifespans and increased senses.
Iaredios: Of course, likewise. Biomechanical augmentations, not chemical genetic ######.
Iaredios: Like from Deus Ex.
Toa Imrukii: I wasn't going for that. I meant genetic as if biomechnical inards and increased functionality. Not chemical tinkering. Genetic as in organic organs.
Iaredios: i say that because the prequel games has the best prosthetics designs ever.
Iaredios: genetic = chemical. DNA is an incredibly complex chemical compund coded to be the building blocks of life as we know it.
Toa Imrukii: Well okay then.
Iaredios: i know what you are trying to say, but your usage of the wrong word is just kinda annoying. xD
Iaredios: Brb
Toa Imrukii: Yup, Protodermis.
Iaredios: Huh
Iaredios: Protodermis is like an artifical DNA and matter in general, right?
Toa Imrukii: Yup. Living metal could very well fit that bill.
Iaredios: I engaged in a topic discussing this on BZPower, but i completely forgot about it.
Toa Imrukii: Moving and growing on it's own, but being able to be used as a flesh analog.
Iaredios: Anyway, this artifical subsititute would be completely alien to life on Spherus Magna. Would it not be that much of a stretch to say if many Spherus Magnans developed an allergic reaction to the denizens of Ao? I would not expect it to be airborne, as sickness was not shown to exist in the Matoran Universe besides destructive properties of Hordika and the corruptive properties of Antidermis. no, such allergic reactions would only be attained by physical contact.
Iaredios: And agori touching the shoulder of a matoran comrade, and he develops a rash on his palm.
Iaredios: this could also be an instigator utilized by the Kult of Makuta to ignite the New Atero Civil War
Toa Imrukii: But it is all falsified.
Iaredios: A sizeable amount of Spherus Magnas would be tolerant of protodermis being in-contact with their skin, but most Spherus Magnans would have such a reaction. This could have played into the superstitions of the medievalist Spherus Magnans, seeing these otherwordly metal-men as being cursed.
Iaredios: A father being allergic to a matoran, but his child is not, and so does not understand and so prohibits the two from being friends
Toa Imrukii: but not spherus magnans? You're contradicing your words here dude.
Iaredios: why wold it affect all of them?
Iaredios: *would
Toa Imrukii: You said it dude, read back what you wrote.
Iaredios: look at my words, i said a sizeable amount would not be allergic, but most of the planet's denizons would be
Iaredios: *denizens
Toa Imrukii: I don't want any of them to be alergic to it, especially if it has been in the ecosystem for thousands of years. Antidermis however is a different story, one what has influenced many and mutated. That would be allergy causing in the weakest degree.
Iaredios: no, this would be towards artificial protodermis. natural is different.
Toa Imrukii: But would the Nealites know the difference between the two? seeing them as coming from the same sourse. Then again, they do follow by Grunchar.
Toa Imrukii: Sorry, I can't seem to read this moring, words aren't working for me. Of course artificial Protodermis would cause issues, look at artificuial substances in our worlds and the harm they've done.
Iaredios: Exactly
Toa Imrukii: Ah, I get it now.
Iaredios: They would know the difference. One looks like living metal, the other ones looks like glowing liquid metal and speaks as it has a multiple personality, they are collectives.
Toa Imrukii: Them not knowing that there is a difference, therefore causing chaos and race wars.
Iaredios: but because it is an artifical replica of a seemingly holy 'race' used to construct metal men that were partly responsible for the destruction of mountains and crused with allergic reactions would cause distrust. Distrust used by an order of shadow.
Iaredios: *cursed
Toa Imrukii: Until someone shows them what for. I could just imagine Imrukii marching in to the city, touching a sick Agori and curing him from his rash.
Toa Imrukii: of hiS*
Iaredios: HOW?
Toa Imrukii: his*
Iaredios: His very touch could cause a reaction!
Toa Imrukii: How? I dunno, spiritual empathy poured through from his very being? Positive energy to counteract the reaction.
Iaredios: He would have to be scientific, touch a bunch of people, and show how some are resistant, but most are not.
Toa Imrukii: His skin is made of Natural Protodermis, not artificial.
Iaredios: Haha, you sound like Deepak Chopra
Toa Imrukii: Shut up xD
Toa Imrukii: "I touch you and heal you"
Iaredios: Natural protodermis is another word i have for Energized Protodermis. The two are one of the same. You are thinking of organic protodermis, which is still artificial.
Iaredios: Imrukii will not have EP as skin. That's retarded
Toa Imrukii: It is Natural versus Artificial the artificial ###### sickens, the natural ###### has no affect otherwise, in fact would reverse the effects of the artificial.
Toa Imrukii: I'm not saying he would, just using him as an example. A strong Toa.
Toa Imrukii: an EP?
Toa Imrukii: How is Organic Protodermis Artifical?
Toa Imrukii: Artificial protodermis to me would be lower quality replacement material, mixed with other metals.
Toa Imrukii: The Inika were strick by the red star, forming their ownce inoragnic masks into organic ones.
Iaredios: Because it was artificially constructed. Artificial Protodermis is an artificial matter, completely different from say the type used in stars and rocks.  just because it is artifical does not mean it have to be clanky and visibly metallic.
Iaredios: It's like saying we invented our own type of skin. It would not be compatible with our own, but it is growing skin nonetheless
Toa Imrukii: That's not what i'm getting at. hat I'm saying is that Organic Protodermis is Natural, because if is formed from natural Protodermis in a myriad of cases. Only when formed in proper is it artificial.
Iaredios: No, there is no basis for that.
Toa Imrukii: We seem to not have this all figured out.
Toa Imrukii: What is the anture of Protodermis?
Toa Imrukii: nature*
Iaredios: natural means that it was created in the universe, and not by sentient mortal means.
Toa Imrukii: But if it is still made by sentient being it is still made in the universe.
Toa Imrukii: beings*
Toa Imrukii: and if it is artificial and causing issues, it is clearly not pure.
Iaredios: Protodermis, as used by the Matoran Universe, is artificial. It comes in many forms, such as solid, liquid, organic and metallic.
Iaredios: Natural protodermis is what the people of the Matoran Universe would dub as Energized Protodermis.
Toa Imrukii: OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
Iaredios: The people of Spherus Magna, previously unaware of the existence of artificial protodermis, would call that protodermis. If anything, energized protodermis would be called simply 'protodermis', if they did not have their own name for it, Avhagnu.
Iaredios: Glad you get it now
Toa Imrukii: But could there be come way to purify it? Or to make it safe?
Iaredios: *would NOT call that protodermis
Iaredios: only way is constant contact, but then it would take generations for it to be accepted gradually. Other than that, allergy medication would ahve to be developed.
Iaredios: *have
Toa Imrukii: Of course. Now it makes sense.
Iaredios: And the pharmacies of Neala and beyond don't have that kind of tech, and the matoran universe would not have had any need for it.
Toa Imrukii: For me, a tolerance would make sence, say if I was an Agori and around it.
Iaredios: i wonder if the diseases of Spherus Magna would effect the Matoran universe. Maybe itchyness, but otherwise I don't think so. They did fine on Mata Nui Island
Toa Imrukii: Like a Peanut Allergy or a Milk Allergy.
Toa Imrukii: Not like Murcury or lead poisoning. I could see the Makuta screading lies of it making men mad.
Toa Imrukii: spreading*
Iaredios: Like i said, there would be a sizeable minority of those tolerant of the physical touch of artificial protodermis that would otherwise cause an allergic reaction, but for most Spherus Magnans on the planet they would have a negative reaction.
Iaredios: seems you starting to get it.
Iaredios: i can't imagine if artficial protodermis came into contact with their bloodstream.
Iaredios: Such pain, such agaony
Toa Imrukii: Yup. So what of Luhneah'ns? Would they to be allergic? Realistically yes, but if the substance itself was made into artifical ,aterial, adn such amterial the Bota Magnanslong ago were exposed to, than in tim ethey would become amue to it. SO that would make the Luhneah'n amune to it to a degree.
Iaredios: notice how i said spherus Magna, not Bara MAgna. It would be the same. Most of them would be allergic but a sizeable amount would not.
Toa Imrukii: Puidami awas merciless, I could imagine him forcefully augmenting his men with artifical protodermis, making them sick. And taking away their ability to speak so they don't complain. Losing their minds, but for future egenrations to become more tame.
Iaredios: not sure if anyone outside the Great Beings had access to artificial protodermis.
Toa Imrukii: What about the Element Lords? i think they would to a degree.
Iaredios: I know that it was used primarily for the construction of the Battera and the Matoran Universe.
Iaredios: They began to have the technology to properly study energized protodermis by the beginning of the Core War, and A. Protodermis would probably have been constructed soon thereafter.
Toa Imrukii: Why couldn't puidami get the material by destroying Battera? If the Battera were used against the element lordfs, why not use that same material in thier troops? Other element lords would realize the issue in that, it hurts their troop,s but I don't see Puidami cating about the well being of his troops, just throw dad weight at the enemy.
Toa Imrukii: dead*
Iaredios: Depends if he ever got any. Remember wha the battera are. Stealthy shapeshifting robots who kill anything with a weapon.
Iaredios: Branar got lucky as ######.
Toa Imrukii: Not so stealthy when they are crushed by hoardes of braindead roken men.
Toa Imrukii: broken*
Iaredios: "Hey, I killed one!" *still a million left"
Iaredios: What?? They would hide. Did you read the series Empire of the Skrall?
Toa Imrukii: a feelingless Army is what Puidami wanted, no opposition, excluding a few who were too strong willed to change.
Toa Imrukii: I know the Battera hid, but hey, if a single great skrall wariior could kill them, why nor hordes of dead weight soldiers?
Toa Imrukii: dead weight and braindead mindless.
Iaredios: Because they would need keen independent skiils. Not russian-style horde cruddy troops.
Toa Imrukii: I know they hide mostly, but why not have som eone try ato hunt them? If anything I want to have it be that Puidami had the power to "Win" the Core War, but wasted his powers.
Toa Imrukii: someone try to*
Iaredios: They all had the ability to 'win', but all the ELs were under assassinations and deady surprise attacks by battera bands
Toa Imrukii: Why not have one of them use their troops to hunt them?
Toa Imrukii: in vain be it.
Iaredios: They all would, but for the couple of battera that would be destroyed the respective battera hunters utilized by each force would have lost hundreds of troops.
Iaredios: I gotta go to bed dude.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 1 month later...

Wow, has it been a whole heck of a while since there was a reply here. Just to let everuone know, Iaredios's PC is in for Reapirs, and most of the lore has been behind the scenes for months, still much of it is conceptual and is not yet ready to be revealed.

However, I would like to give an update on my progress on my end of the project. I am thinking of changing the name 'Vienqal' to just 'Qal' or 'Qalvi'. Basically those horse-cow-bug steed things with arms, those things,

I have been doing a bit of off-time concept art behind the scenes, as well aslore weaving of my own, in my own, in my head. I have a few concepts in mind, the latter of which I have expressed prior, but I will lift them off again.

The Union of Luhneah is a Union of many different Peoples and Tribes, with many langauges, but one distince linguistic mix from the central reaches, it is a mix of many languages from real life, but I will list off a few lines to give you a taste.

Traditional: "A'qh'mi yh'toma'kt puid ju-kok'k'ti."

Simplifed: "Ammi yihtomakt puid ju-kokkihti"

Which translates to: "Past dark dreadful weather uprooted a tree."

Give or take the 'Ammi' part, if you want to say it's bad you leave it out of the sentence saying "Bad Weather", so it would juat be "Yh'toma'kt" if you want to put a major emphasis on it, like saying "It was Really, REALLY Bad Weather!" Then you would put Ammi. An example of Bad Weather would be a Lightning storm, an example of Really Bad weather would be a Tordano or Tornados, or something like a Hurricane, for example. Or whatever the equivalent would be.

Another sentence example is "Shaln zaierh, dah'kt'ta mul giaj mohre t'vara tk'tyana hind'kt'diro K'injikahra." or "Shaln zayer dahkihtta mul giajmonee tivara tiktyana hindktdiro kinjikahra." Traditional and Simplified respectively. Which translates to "Through the Brush and strong rushing wind and up to grand skies the people awed at the sight of the prophecy of the gifts coming true."

Here is a copy of my lost of words so far, in no particular order, the language will need some structural reworking, but this is what I have so far:

Letters that end words or portions of words end with -

I = Bad

O = Good

A = Current of

U = Past of

The/That - Bheq (Beh)

Yes - Heis'q (Heys)

No - Juow'q (Zhoo)

Light/Good generally in an individual context - A'qh'mo (Ammo)

Dark/Bad generally in an individual context - A'qh'mi (Ammi)

Stand Down - Jah'q'ka (Jahka)

Stood Down - Jah'q'kat (Jahkat)

Move Swiftly, or Swift Footed, word can also be a name given to an individual - Shyokt (sheoct)

Moved Swiftly, or Had Swift Feet, name can be given to an individual to identify that they have lost their ability to move fast, or as an insult to call someone slow - Siakt (See'ahct)

Thick Brush - Zaierh (Zayer)

Dreadful Outside/Bad Weather - Yh'thima'kt (Yih-Thi-Mockt)

Once Dreadful Outside/Past Bad Weather - Yh'toma'kt (Yih-Toe-Mockt)

In action of, in the process of - Ja, an I or O at the end defines if it is bad or good, so 'Jai' or 'Jao'

In the past action of, in the past process of - Ju, an I or O at the end defines if it is bad or good, so 'Jui' or 'Juo'

To remove or distance oneself cruelly or perceived as such - Kok'k'ti (kok-kih-ti)

Uprooting a tree, is also a slur to describe one who is unloving and or cruel, though in the context of the ladder the first portion of the word is left out that being 'Ja' - Ja-kok'k'ti (Zhay-Kokihkt)

To remove or distance oneself positively or perceived as such - Kihk'to (kick-toe)

Tree, singular - Puid

Trees, Multiple - Puidi

Through - Shaln

Overwhelming wind - Dah'kt'ta (dah-kiht-ta)

rushing or rush/rushes through - mul

grand skies - giaj

Seen by many, many witnesses - Mohre

Awe of delightment and fearful cautiousness - T'vara

Of their own reaction, or the reactions of many. The terms means to describe a group of people reacting to something - Tk'tyan

Reactions to an event unfolding in the moment - Tk'tyana

Gifts by the Goddess - Hind'kt'diro (hindkt-dir)

Gifts to the Goddess - Kiy'rkta (key-rikta)

Arrive/come true - K'inji'kahra (kinji-kara)

pure_muscle.png

So I have a flag for The (Second) Black Rain, which is an invasion that will happen in late game, and consists of a second attempt of planetary invasion by masses of Krahagnu collectives (natural antidermis). i would like commentary on the flag design. The eyes could be improved IMO, and maybe somehow put black-green in there as well.

the_black_rain.jpg

They are the reason for the why the night sky is so dark and is not a dim display of distant colored clouds, and the makers of the giants who spawned the skrall back in ancient times. Later in those far longed mythic times, the skrall hero Greani Ateir fought against the forces of darkness and the man-eating red giants that worshipped the living sludge. After a series of successes, the darkness of Spherus Magna called to the heavens, and planetary invasion came, the black of outer space dripping down upon the Great Orb in a shower of evil. Their landing corrupted the landscape en masse surrounding where they initially landed, this site coming to be known as the Black Spike Mountains, the ebon spear peaks growing during the time of the First Black Rain. The darkness took over the corpses that they could find or shifted along the earth as crawling pools and charged with the blood-hungry giants and their warrior half-giant spawn as well as cultists, wrangled slaves, and all manner of corrupted dangerous beasts against the rebellion of Greani Ateir  Greani, with his holy glowing sword of set yet ever-shifting glowing silver named The Arm of Grunkhar, fought the lord host of the collectives in the land between Atero and the Black Spikes, and slew many an undead and resulted exiling the collective lord host back into space with the power of his sword, at the cost of his life. The Arm of Grunkhar was dropped into the Skrall River and swallowed by the liquid sand river bed.

Many thousands of years later, far after the Battle of Bara Magna and the eventual defeat of the attempted world conquest of Velika, the Arm of Grunkhar has washed up on the shore and revealed itself to the first Skrall Queen, the child in her womb being the sword's heir. With it's return signs to the planet inhabitants that the End is near, and all must prepare for the return of the Black Rain, who have had seemingly eternity to gather a horde of ink larger then the last and corrupt one of the last worlds of light in a darkened universe. The shadow worshipers of Bota Magna rejoice, and the Makuta worshipers of Bara Magna dance with them as well, for their dark kings have returned to them.

EDIT: Here's a different one.

the_black_rain5.png

the_black_rain2.png

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

BEHOLD!

A rough timescale of the History of spherus Magna and Post-Shattering Bara Magna. You will need to zoom in to see some stuff better.

spherus_magna_timescale.png

Took me around 6 hours to make this for some reason, I darn well hope you all like it. Honestly, I think the Age of Anarchy should be longer, 15,000 years or something. I want to make the time between modern-day and the Shattering more reasonable, but I also want to give Mata Nui enough time to visit a couple of other solar systems.

So now i have two charts. Here's an earlier one, showing cosmological order of the Macrocosm and the variant branching universes that serve as alternate universes to our prime location and the spirit world acting like a blocked off transit system to other cosmoses.

a_rude_awakening_-_cosmology_concept_1.p

And since i am showing off arts, here is some concept art:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/Art/stronan_and_nimar_concept_minimalist_cover.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/Art/element_lord_of_fire_concept_1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/Art/some_ara_characters_wip1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/Art/tahedin_concept.png

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, all! I've been fairly busy, but I'll have time to work on music and stuff now. Is there anything that needs music? I can usually create a better and more organized composition when I have a definite inspiration  :P

EDIT: Ungeheuerlich (http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/116997-ungeheuerlich/) has PM'd me and said that he/she wants to help, but can't really PM anybody. Expect to see him/her around this thread!

Hello, all! I've been fairly busy, but I'll have time to work on music and stuff now. Is there anything that needs music? I can usually create a better and more organized composition when I have a definite inspiration  :P

EDIT: Ungeheuerlich (http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/116997-ungeheuerlich/) has PM'd me and said that he/she wants to help, but can't really PM anybody. Expect to see him/her around this thread!

Nice to see you again dude! Welcome back. Sure thing.

What I would love is some sort of theme for A Rude Awakening. thinking a mix between some music from Legends of Metru-Nui and Vangelis Papathanasiou's Mythodea (Movements 3 & 4). Don't expect you to replicate the vocals, but imitate the building in power with nostalgic bionicle melodies.

You could also construct songs based around locations and people.

Tajun is a ruined grand city built in and into a ravine on a mountainous island, the middle having a canal the empties into the Sea of Liquid Sand (which despite it's name, is surfaced with water since Aqua Magna returned to the planet but it's bed is liquid sand and brine and home to an alien sightless environment). It once had an empire that spanned much of Neala or Neateir (the land around the Skrall River covered in 2009) before being abolished by the hero Kertavos (Certavus) Magnus (a poor knight from Ikonox, that ended up in Atero, usurping the king after gaining a blessing from a mysterious white  who replaced it with the free, economically united confederation known as the Glatorianate (each city-state ruled by an independent Doux or Duke and use Glatorian warriors to run there economy on deathless arena bets). The Tajunite Empire is based much after the 'Byzantine' Empire in terms of aesthetics and that's where the Greco-Roman influence in Neala comes from, it's former borders constituting much of the dubbed region of 'Greater Neala'. 600 or so centuries later, there are factions in modern-day post-Battle of Bara Magna Tajun (shortened to Post-Battle) that are not happy with the current situation and so some fear that after the death of the noble, elderly Doux Tarix (a former Glatorian) a violent nationalist movement high on nostalgia might take over.

----------

At the final days of the Core War, there was a Great Being named Tahedin, whose mask robes are of a glittery golden silk with teal trimming, his robe sleeves tied close at mid-arm by gold and teal-trimmed ribbons that cover his arms and hands. He helped create the vorox before the Core War (sating to fascist desires of the Element Lord of Sand by wanting an artificially united population of super warriors), and at the war's end he sealed the salvation of a population of vorox stranded on Bota Magna (who were on a campaign against other element lords on the continent) by a large sealed settlement underground to protect them from the thinning of the atmosphere and the brief fire bath by the Shattering. While much of the planet had to restart civilization, the vorox here were spared and where technologically advanced compared to their neighbors. But the remember the words of their golden saviour, to not expand beyond your country, but do not interact with others; stay true to this until the moons fall back into the Great Barren then you know the End is near. When that happens, your golden god shall return to you and you shall conquer the world under his rule with others that bow to him. And so through the thousands of years the metropolises in the dry forests and jungles has kept to itself, by force even (killing outsider 'barbarians'), and retained the widely abandoned Elder Kult (a cult based around the pantheons of Great Beings and Element Lords), but the idols of the gods were small and ignored when compared to the glorious golden idols of Tahedin, the center-piece of their pantheon temples. Far away in Neala, there was a family and tribe visited by Tahedin, and they too bowed before him; they too were spared, and each succeeding head of the tribe was given the ability to speak to their golden idol. In modern-day, the tribe is lead by the elderly Atakus, whose heir is his daughter Atilkas. The Matriarch-to-be knows the old traditions, and knows that given recent events the End Times are near and Tahedin has returned. With rumors of the end near, the Kult of Tahedin has spread among many people, a secret society growing. With help from an ancient conspiracy from beyond the stars, Tahedin has waited thousands of years, and now he is able to force a unity of peace to all that will usher in an age as golden as himself, or the world will succumb to darkness...

If you need more inspiration, I've got plenty: this project is vast with lore. I pour my imagination into it. :lol: I was even working on a wiki, want a link?

----------------------------------- -- ---------------------------------------

Tell 'em (Ungeheuerlich) to post here so I can get to know 'it'. (phwew, what a name) :lol: And as their avatar is Louis(?) from Suits, Imma call it a 'he'. :P  Pronouns make for easier conversation. Talking to a person not a rock.  If they wish to correct me, then they can do so at their pleasure. ...My Mom watches Suits and so I know a coupe names and other stuff.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Here's something that I will build on as a "main theme" if you like it: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/theme/s-YZw2Z

I can take it in a different direction once I start extending/expanding on it or I can keep with the current style.

Here's something that I will build on as a "main theme" if you like it: https://soundcloud.com/hoofpint/theme/s-YZw2Z

I can take it in a different direction once I start extending/expanding on it or I can keep with the current style.

Not much but sounds fine right now.

keep-calm-and-carry-on-making-music.png

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Not much but sounds fine right now.

keep-calm-and-carry-on-making-music.png

Will do!

Hi, everyone. Yep, I'm a he, and that's Louis. 

Hey wassup? And welcome to BZPower.

So, what did you have in mind contributing with? Music? Art? Some lore ideas? Though keep in mind that with lore I am particular over, but I am open to new ideas.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

So, what did you have in mind contributing with? Music? Art? Some lore ideas? Though keep in mind that with lore I am particular over, but I am open to new ideas.

I do have some ideas for lore, but in particular I'm interested in creating some  or at least part of some languages for the project. 

I do have some ideas for lore, but in particular I'm interested in creating some  or at least part of some languages for the project. 

Oh yeah, and also some ideas specific to EUIV gameplay like mechanics, ideas, national ideas, that sort of thing. 

I have like no plans for the national traditions for countries, I haven't been able to play EUIV smoothly in a long time so I don't remember what would be best. You can collude with Imrukii on that, and let me check on 'em because I sometimes forget to update the front page with the latest lore and ideas.

Lets see. Skrall is mostly made up of Norwegian and Icelandic. Nealite is mostly made up of Greek with some Latin. Civilized Vorox is half Farsi and half Navajo word-per-word. Matoran is based off of Maori but is it's own thing, while Great Being (Larfeia) is more close to Maori. Bone Hunter is mostly Mongolian but some Turkish and Hungarian is in there. None of these languages have a comprehensive fictional dictionary, just a hybrid of word spellings, which doesn't exactly make for an organic language but it gets the job of naming done. What did you have in mind?

What are some of your lore ideas?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Sorry I haven't answered in a few days. I was out of town for a while. 

I'm really open to whatever's most needed. However, there a few of those choices are going to be harder than others. 

Skrall should be pretty easy. I know some German, and a lot of the vocabulary and grammar carries over to some extent. I would probably have to make it a bit more German-based, though. 

Nealite, too, should be fine. I had an idea about preserving the way Latin case endings work, and I'll of course use that Agori alphabet. 

Hmm, I don't know about this. I've never had any experience with Farsi or any other Indo-Iranian language at all. Same with Navajo. From what I've read, the grammar is really complex and it's a tonal language sort of like Chinese.

I had another idea where I could create the Skrall and Nealite Agori languages, then make Vorox by creolizing them. In terms of lore, I think that might actually be a better choice since the Vorox originally spoke the same language as the Agori (unless in TRA lore they're supposed to have reinvented their own language).

Plus, it'd be a little twisted--they're their own people now, but they retain remnants of both of their tormentors. 

Matoran should be about medium in difficulty. I don't know any Maori, but like you said, there's a lot of vocabulary to work with already. Here, I think it would be best to make Matoran a highly analytic language.

Basically, that means meaning would be determined more by different words and word order (as in English or Chinese) rather than changes to those words, like a synthetic or agglutinative language (as in German or Japanese). I don't know if I'm making sense here, so if I'm not, just ask about it. 

Anyway, the main reason for convenience. Making it analytic would take care of the random mix of vaguely exotic-sounding words put together for Matoran terms. Like you said, Lego clearly wasn't thinking of an organic language with those. Instead of having to shoehorn in weird grammar rules and irregulars for the inconsistencies, we could just make each irregular term its own independent word, simplifying the grammar immensely. 

Dunno about the Great Being language. Not sure exactly what you want, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too far off from Matoran. 

For Bone Hunter, I could definitely do something with Turkish, since I'm familiar with that, but I might have to substitute Mongolian for Korean, which I'm also familiar with, but incorporate Mongolian elements. 

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like from the influences of Turkish and Mongolian that you want an agglutinative language with vowel harmony. 

I also had some thoughts about a Zyglak language, to take influences from Russian and other Slavic languages. 

Well, mostly the lore ideas are linked to the gameplay. For example, I thought we could incorporate part of the story serials and have the Vorox only become civilized after an event chain about Kabrua entering the desert or something, unless that's what already happens in the lore or the lore contradicts that. 

I also had some thoughts about a Zyglak language, to take influences from Russian and other Slavic languages. 

How about Nahuatl mixed with Slavic?

So here are some example words: "Byaletl "Tlaxryalayebltitet" "Teotlkvastl"

If we were to also put some Maori in the mix, it would probably be something like this for example: "Tanuitlaxtobylt" "Jaarkvastlax" "Guoaraxtlalyatltvet"

Hmm. very sorta savage sounding I presume. "Guar-rash-til-ay-tilti-vet" would be how one would pronounce "Guoaraxtlalyatltvet". So, I think it could work. For example, mind you.

pure_muscle.png

Sorry I haven't answered in a few days. I was out of town for a while. 

I'm really open to whatever's most needed. However, there a few of those choices are going to be harder than others. 

Skrall should be pretty easy. I know some German, and a lot of the vocabulary and grammar carries over to some extent. I would probably have to make it a bit more German-based, though. 

Nealite, too, should be fine. I had an idea about preserving the way Latin case endings work, and I'll of course use that Agori alphabet. 

Hmm, I don't know about this. I've never had any experience with Farsi or any other Indo-Iranian language at all. Same with Navajo. From what I've read, the grammar is really complex and it's a tonal language sort of like Chinese.

I had another idea where I could create the Skrall and Nealite Agori languages, then make Vorox by creolizing them. In terms of lore, I think that might actually be a better choice since the Vorox originally spoke the same language as the Agori (unless in TRA lore they're supposed to have reinvented their own language).

Plus, it'd be a little twisted--they're their own people now, but they retain remnants of both of their tormentors. 

Matoran should be about medium in difficulty. I don't know any Maori, but like you said, there's a lot of vocabulary to work with already. Here, I think it would be best to make Matoran a highly analytic language.

Basically, that means meaning would be determined more by different words and word order (as in English or Chinese) rather than changes to those words, like a synthetic or agglutinative language (as in German or Japanese). I don't know if I'm making sense here, so if I'm not, just ask about it. 

Anyway, the main reason for convenience. Making it analytic would take care of the random mix of vaguely exotic-sounding words put together for Matoran terms. Like you said, Lego clearly wasn't thinking of an organic language with those. Instead of having to shoehorn in weird grammar rules and irregulars for the inconsistencies, we could just make each irregular term its own independent word, simplifying the grammar immensely. 

Dunno about the Great Being language. Not sure exactly what you want, but it doesn't seem like it'd be too far off from Matoran. 

For Bone Hunter, I could definitely do something with Turkish, since I'm familiar with that, but I might have to substitute Mongolian for Korean, which I'm also familiar with, but incorporate Mongolian elements. 

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like from the influences of Turkish and Mongolian that you want an agglutinative language with vowel harmony. 

Well, mostly the lore ideas are linked to the gameplay. For example, I thought we could incorporate part of the story serials and have the Vorox only become civilized after an event chain about Kabrua entering the desert or something, unless that's what already happens in the lore or the lore contradicts that. 

For languages you don't know (like Mongolian) can use Google Translate to help translate individual words (just don't use it for whole sentences). And Imrukii already had ideas on a zyglak language, talk with about that. Much of it nigh-unpronounceable though. :P

For the vorox, those south of Vulkanus in the land known as Ani'Keyah (Death Land(s) in Vorox), they are mentally unable to move past being animalistic. They are a feral people. Edit: >In this regard, for EUIV game mechanics, the vorox here would be a numerous amount of native savages that colonial sword can tame if powers so wish it, but some areas are uninhabitable.< To the far east of Neala, past the eastern sandy desert that separates Neala from the rest of Bara Magna (we'll just call these lands the Barrier Desert) but south of the arid plains known as the Zuunic Belt (home to barbaric bone hunters, not like the Ruunic ones) there lie vorox kingdoms in the desert. (the Barrier Desert eventually meets with Ani'Keyah, but the north has rocky strips that serve as paths and desolate plains in between and around said strips.) The vorox of Bota Magna are advanced, about as much as the matoran but are isolationist until their god returns to them, then they go on a conquering-spree.

Haven't worked on it in a while, but I was writing a story where my story-self (Iaredios) saw a white specter in the Bara Magna desert, and years later (post Reformation) he is driven into a craze where he has to find this entity. It was going to lead him (and friends Praside the Hero Agori and Tanma) through Neala, the Barrier Desert, the Zuunic Belt, and into a vorox city that housed a mysterious holy jewel that would lead him to the ghost.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Much of it nigh-unpronounceable though. :P

Yeah, because Jarraradat isn't particularly hard to pronounce at all, now it is? Grant it, the word is not really in-use anymore, but how am I suppose to know the second 'ra' is pronounced as 'la'. So 'Jarra-La-Dat'. And you're calling my stuff unpronouncable. Yeah, I get it, it's an accent, but my point is your average Joe won't know how to properly say it. You'd be excuse if you can't read 'Axolotl' or 'Kvass' because the X as Sh is not in English, same as tl, or V as a partial U. It's unique, hence why I use it. More so the former.

Just saying.

pure_muscle.png

Yeah, because Jarraradat isn't particularly hard to pronounce at all, now it is? Grant it, the word is not really in-use anymore, but how am I suppose to know the second 'ra' is pronounced as 'la'. So 'Jarra-La-Dat'. And you're calling my stuff unpronouncable. Yeah, I get it, it's an accent, but my point is your average Joe won't know how to properly say it. You'd be excuse if you can't read 'Axolotl' or 'Kvass' because the X as Sh is not in English, same as tl, or V as a partial U. It's unique, hence why I use it. More so the former.

Just saying.

All R's after the an initial first-letter R can be rolled to make an R/L sound. You don't have to (maybe you can't), but it sounds better IMO with these foreign names.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Just saying.

Well, Nahuatl's pretty simple to pronounce compared to some other languages. Have you heard of English? What a mess. It's spoken on an island off the coast of Europe and half the words have irregular pronunciation.

Just saying.

Well, Nahuatl's pretty simple to pronounce compared to some other languages. Have you heard of English? What a mess. It's spoken on an island off the coast of Europe and half the words have irregular pronunciation.

Yeah, such as: Sweat, Sweet, One, We, Me, Be, My, Wednesday, Metre, Sign, Sigh, Dead, Bear, Laugh, Thought, Though, Thigh, Breath, Breathe, Talk, Walk, Calm (this one I pronounce as it is spelled actually), War, Who, Oar. Basically the whole language.

Seriously, we have all these letters available to us: à ã, Å å, Ā â, À à, Á á,  â, Ä ä, Æ æ, Č č, Ç ç, Ć ć, Ė ė, Ę ę, Ē ē, Ê ê, È è, É é, Ë ë, Ì ì, Į į, Í í, Î î, Ï ï, Ī ī, Ł ł, Ñ ñ, Ń ń, Õ õ, Ø ø, Ō ō, Œ œ, Ò ò, Ô ô, Ö ö, Ó ó, Ś ś, Š š, ß, Ū ū, Ù ù, Û û, Ü ü, Ú ú, Ÿ ÿ, Ż ż, Ž ž, Ź ź, Ð ð, Þ þ. And I'm pretty sure many more, all available to use. Why not use some of them?!?

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Well Imrukii, since you haven't done it, I will be sharing the concept art you made for the Element Lord of Sand, Jarra. He combined some of my ideas, his ideas, and his appearance in All Our Sins Remembered (one of the couple EL appearances I think was designed well). Behold, the desert fascist, the Deadly Scorpion, a god of the Elder Kult, Jarra'Shah the Element Lord of Sand, King and Second Maker of the Jarra'Dine and self-proclaimed Emperor of Bara Magna.

zgFktIe.jpg

og51Oq1.jpg

EDIT: I think I am done with my Mata Nui banner. It is the Banished Blue-Man-Bound encountering his fear of the Bara Magna night, and also symbolization of Makuta Teridax, a/the mighty Sand Bat. it is also after he encounters Metus in the desert wastes, the trader giving Mata Nui a yellow robe to clothe himself, so he is no longer naked like in the second picture with Mata Nui's fights with the vorox soon after his rebirth.

mata_nui_banner_3.png

mata_nui_vorox_cave_art.png

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png