WARNING: This topic contains a lot of original material, even if it is fan-fiction, so it is legally protected by Creative Commons. Unlawful abduction of original material straight from this topic or similar writings by listed authors and project members is illegal. All rights go to their original authors and creators, only thing being claimed here is original material written by the individual that goes by the aliases Iaredios / RC15O5 / Kaiser_Quanah / Tahuzilla, and other authors that are members of the A Rude Awakening project. You have been warned.

a_rude_awakening_banner.jpg

-----A BIONICLE STRATEGY GAME-----

-----AND LORE EXPANSION PROJECT-----

(Formerly known as BIONICLE Universalis)

character0174.gif   Still a Work In Progress! (Including the Topic)   character0275.gif

Background

Hello, I am Iaredios! This is a topic for requesting help for an overhaul modification for the acclaimed Grand Strategy Games, Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II.

Which brings me to something: most people have not played these games! They are great games. The original (vanilla) game of Europa Universalis IV is a grand strategy game, with time moving with a second or four being a day in-game (meaning that in less then several minutes a year should pass), but you have the ability to pause the game to do what you need then simply let the games time flow resume, and if it is too slow you can fast forward it like five times. The game takes place anywhere between the dates of 1444 -1821, where you can select any country on the planet and do what you want with them, the only goal being to make sure your country stays alive and does not become another footnote of history. In-between these two dates are series of bookmarks you can select that are considered important parts of history or just have interesting events, but you can select any date by the day. Other game mechanics include monarch points (which you earn by playing the game and spend accordingly to upgrade your country), trade, colonization (either peacefully or violently), religion (very important, each religion has different mechanics), civil duties, economics, technology, and probably most importantly, military! This game is easy to mod, where people have made their own  music playlists, countries, cultures, religions and starting dates (one extreme one going from 1 AD to 9999 AD), some even making their own worlds, like the ones in J.R.R.Tolkien's Middle-Earth, Elder Scroll's Nirn, and whatever planet Game of Thrones takes place on (all of those were done on Crusader Kings II due to it's Medieval setting, but worlds can also be created in every Paradox game, like EU IV). This modification does all of the above by doing the last one!

This video should show what the base game is like.

The mod will be, as the topic title says, be based off of LEGO's BIONICLE (Generation 1). It will take place in a time period that has not been covered in the story, from 20 years after the Battle of Bara Magna and spanning about a thousand years into the future. I chose this because it has been enough time for the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe to have chosen their homes, settled down, and make some history. Due to the nature of this game, one won't have to tell what happened outside of the bookmark description. The initial bookmark will take place as previously stated, but over the course of the development of this game additional bookmarks will be created. I want this to be a community-driven project, so after the initial version of the mod is finished, I would be more then welcome to hear of BIONICLE fan-fiction, or a science-fantasy story that might be compatible with this world, and if accepted could be made into a bookmark or just a setting; this planet is freaking huge, there will be plenty of room to fill up (just stay away from west of the Great Spirit Robot).

The title 'A Rude Awakening' refers to the happy ending dream that Mata Nui envisioned for his subjects (the Matoran) and friends (the Agori), but reality settled in and violently awoke them from their vision of a peace-filled realm as the outsiders showed (Barraki, Skrall, Skakdi, Element Lords, Bone Hunters), as well as their own hearts (racial and religious divisions). Take a look at the following definition from Dictionary.com and Yahoo Answers:

rude awakening

noun
an occurrence of being made to face an unpleasant fact

Q. What is or does a rude awakening mean?

A. When a person acts or believes not in accordance with reality, he or she gets a rude awakening when he or she finally comes up against reality.

I was pondering about whether this mod should be made in Crusader Kings II, but as individuals of the Matoran Universe cannot reproduce by biological means, that was out of the question; maybe some other time I can start on a Bionicle mod that is set on post-Core War Bara Magna from about a century or two after the Shattering (let natural phenomenon have it's fun before the world tries to adapt to a new world) to before the Battle of Bara Magna (that mod idea actually sounds like fun...).

line.gif

Now, here are things that I am in need of:

--- A Few Graphic Artists, mainly for loading screens and a world map; also flags. Loading screens show important characters (Tahu, un-mutated Pridak, etc.), scenery, marching troops, and battles between armies (Skakdi v. Aternea, Element Lords v. Barraki, and the like), and other things; about 15 or less would be needed. I already have one and am currently working on another. :) I have already designed some flags, but I could use some assistance with others.

The world map. As I am the main developer of this mod, I have decided to take it upon myself to create the world map. I will update my progress as I go.

---Musicians, I need unique music and/or some Nathan Furst BIONICLE-styled music to fit a grand strategy game. 15-20 songs (5-15 minutes each) would be nice for the soundtrack. As this is being done completely free, I am sure it would be okay to use a pre-existing song that you deem to fit BIONICLE, I will be sure to give credit in the read me file and credits (music companies, you have no need to sue me. ;) ). Most of the songs need to be peaceful and non-intrusive, while some songs need to be "epic" but remain true to the atmosphere of the game and not be too distracting. I would recommend listening to the original soundtrack of Europa Universalis IV (and prepare to tune along to Andreas Waldetoft!).

---Coder, I am familiar enough with the game and could probably do this by myself, but a helper wouldn't hurt. This game is easy to mod, its just time excessive (just like the game itself. :P). i will be seeking help from ParadoxPlaza when the need arises (and it will).

--Discussioneers: I know that is not a real word, but I could some people to just generally talk to about the course/direction of this mod, mainly discussing each faction's flag design (and meaning), cultures, religion (or virtues/beliefs), and locations, as well as organization of history. Really, I would just like a couple of Watsons.

--Modification Developers--

Head Developer:
  -   Iaredios

Graphic Artists:
  -   Iaredios
  -   Toa Imrukii
    Monty

Musicians:
  -   Toa Vanson
  -   Madu Cabolo

Discussioneers:
  -   scratchR

Special thanks go to SPIRIT for letting me use his avatar as a flag, and -Windrider- and Bonesiii for being patient with my many questions and requests. You guys are awesome. :D.

line.gif

Song ideas and themes (to retain a Bionicle atmosphere, all songs must have at least some synthetic electronic tones, be it electronica, droning, etc. Battle tunes have to have some sort of soundtrack feel. Ask in topic if you have a question):
  - Nealite Agori use a mixture of Bulgarian, Byzantine, and some Near-Eastern inspiration. Irfan, Ante Diem, and City of the Fallen are good sources of examples, as well as some traditional Medieval Roman music (I have good examples so just ask). Element Lords and Great Beings fall under this.
  - Luhneahn Agori are primitive and their music should reflect that. Inspiration could be gained from Europa Barbarorum's barbarian music tracks. (And please for the love of God lets not do anything annoying)
  - Skrall and Jirapa have a European barbaric feel to them, while retaining an organized imperial feel. TES IV: Skyrim (especially with choir and drums) and Conan the Barbarian (1980's) are good examples. Ancient in atmosphere, but also timeless.
  - Ostonigosa [bone Hunters] draw inspiration from Eurasian Steppes and desert nomads. A mixture of ethnic tunes from these two regions would probably fit best.
  - Vorox could use like one song, being a mixture of tribal with old world desert tunes.
  - Matoran draw heavily on a mixture of Maori music, electronica, and modern classical/soundtrack styles.
  - Barraki is the same as Matoran except with a militaristic and imperial feel.
  - Makutine (Makuta Cult) is the same as Matoran except sounding more sinister and mysterious

Song Teasers:

-  Neuropolis, by Toa Vanson - Neuropolis is what the agori call Metru Nui (it translates into Brain City). You can imagine Spherus Magna  travelers going through the ruins of Metru Nui, or a Matoran remembering the City of Legends in it's glory before the Battle of Bara Magna.

-  Nealite Market, by Toa Vanson - Otherwise known as 'The Bard', this is a song fit for the daily hustle and bustle of forum or market square in the Greco-Near Eastern-inspired Agori of Greater Neala.

-  Song Of The Nomads, by N/A - This is a song for the Ostonigosa (or, Bone Hunters). it is a combination of two songs from the Rome: Total War modification, Europa Barbarorum. I must make this clear, I did not make this song, just put the two songs together since they are very alike. A revision of this song could be done to have a more Bionicle feel to it.

-  Makutine, by Toa Vanson - The theme for the evil cult based on Makuta Teridax, his prophet 'Turaga' Ahkmou. Pronounced as 'mah-koo-tee-nay', the name is of Nealite origin and is their linguistic variation of the word Makuta (obviously). The cult is made up of not only MU races but Spherus Magna races as well, as is reflected in the throat singing by present Ostonigosa culstists.

-  'Matoran Battle Song', by Toa Vanson - An absolutely fantastic song with an unfinished name. The people of the Matoran Universe gather together in  what appears to be a battle that will be remembered for all of time, and the very survival of the Matoran Universe races hangs in the balance.

-  'ARA Electronics Demo', by Madu Cabolo - Great song test that has a very Bionicle-friendly atmosphere as it blends some world music with electronica. Fits the matoran race(s) very well. I would like it if this were extended.

line.gif

Loading Screens:
http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/Tserkoura-v-Anonna-497787769
http://tahuzilla.deviantart.com/art/A-Rude-Awakening-Barraki-War-Chamber-concept-art-527208215

Banners:
(the top language is modern Agori; ancient Agori is close to that of the Matoran written language. My full alphabet can be found here)
a_rude_awakening_banner.jpg

-- Great Being Civil War (shows a Great Being departing a space ship with others closely behind him/her, and Marendar approaching the landing ramp)
gb_civil_war_ara_banner_1.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_3.jpg

-- Eternal War: Two groups of fluid spirit collectives, Protodermis/Avhagnu and Antidermis/Krahagnu, wage war upon each other across the void-remnant, their material corpses becoming either observable matter (stars, rocks, air, water, etc) or celestial monsters (Lovecraftian horrors). Waging for eons and used by Grunchar to create material things in Existence, the Eternal War between Light and Shadow continues today. The mass of darkness can be seen by the reflective light of the Avhagnu collective.
ara_eternal_war_banner.png

Secret Spirit
wizard_of_the_wastes.png

MAP UPDATE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Magnetro/A-Rude-Awakening/World-Map/revised_sm_-_small_4_october_2016.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*****UPDATE*****: Modification development is currently on hiatus to develop lore and art. Sorry if this disappoints you*****

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Upvote 7

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Flags and Nation Summaries, Part 1:

Matoran Universe Immigrants

Matoran Colonies

ateros_nova_flag2.png Ateros Nova/New Atero (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

EU IV Holy Roman Empire equivalent. The grey-blue is for the people of the Matoran Universe, while the gold is for the people of Spherus Magna and they are united by the philosophy of the Three Virtues. This country is unique in that it is an experiment to see if the two different worlds can co-exist at the behest of the god of the Matoran and the champion of the Agori, Mata Nui. Manipulated by the Cult of Makutine, a civil war between Matoran and Agori once broke out whose aftermath fed Ateros Nova's rivals the Barraki and the numerous Element Lords by an increased influx of fleeing, disgruntled denizens.

Ateros Nova is led by the Aterite Council and the joint leadership between the dynasty set up by Ackarios Magnos (Ackar the Great, renown warrior and best friend of the matoran god Mata Nui), the Ackarii, and Tahu Nuva (the most powerful toa in existence thanks to his sacred golden armor that was bestowed upon him by the Kanohi Ignika during the Battle of Bara Magna). The Ackarii family sometimes adopts heirs in a display of the idea that merit comes before blood. The Aterite Council is a council made up of multiple important people, such as the dynasties set up Kiina and Gresh when they got married (Kiinani), the former turaga of Metru-Nui (Vakama and friends along with Dume), many agori douxes [dukes] and leaders of various Matoran Universe populations make up the council, with special mention for ambassadors from the Kini-Nui and the Order of Mata Nui. This country's in-game religion will be Aterite, symbolizing there being two religions existing peacefully within the confines of the lands of the Free-People's Confederacy (for lack of a better name at the moment) under secular governments, while religious rebels will rise up to separate this experimental government as heretical rebel armies (racial rebel armies will also spring up). This confederacy can unite to form a world super power (like EU IV Holy Roman Empire).

kini_nui_flag.jpgKini-Nui (made by Toa Imrukii) -

EU IV Papal equivalent. Flag is just a picture of the temple (which was built to resemble the Kini-Nui of island Mata-Nui). Later led by Takua after sacrificing his power. This country has the option to proclaim that the Matoran religion is the only one that can exist and be enemies with New Atero.

oomn_flag_2.jpg The Order of Mata Nui (The Order in-game; made by Toa Imrukii) -

Close allies with New Atero and Kini-Nui (unless Kini-Nui turns against Ateros Nova) and act as a knightly order to carry out the will of Mata Nui. If New Atero and Kini-Nui is lost to foreign powers the Order will have the ability to reform into the Hand of Artakha.

Heirs to the ancient order, the Hand of Artakha, for most of it's history the Order of Mata Nui was a secret organization, secretly carrying out what they saw as the will of Mata Nui, secretly. It revealed itself to the public around the time the Brotherhood of Makuta began their invasion of Karda-Nui, the core of the Matoran Universe, and declared a war to destroy the Brothehood they have been planning for centuries, the Destiny War as their ruthless leader Toa Helryx called it.  Though hard fought and destructive (having some very large battles), the war was won by the Order and unintentionally completed the plan of the Brotherhood's leader, Makuta Teridax, to usurp the matoran diety Mata Nui and place himself upon that divine throne, all after killing every last of his fellow Makuta in the process (except his predecessor Makuta Miserix) and the Toa Nuva completed their destiny.

hand_of_artakha.jpg - Hand of Artakha (by Iaredios Paerkenon)

Only be playable via decision for The Order if New Atero and Kini-Nui are lost to foreigners, and even with this the A.I. won't select it.

deit_flag_2.jpg - Deit (Matoran island colony; made by Toa imrukii) -

The outer portion represents their safety, the inner chain looking portion represents their security, the column looking portion represents their stability, the 7 symbols in the circular shape represents the 7 islands, their wealth, and it's also suppose to mimic the makoki stone, the blue represents the sea and their isolation while the red represents their ferocity towards invaders and their enemy's, and the four black shapes represent their diplomatic reach across the four corners of the globe.

The Diet Islands are uninhabited by sentients in the beginning of the game and thus will not be available for selection in the first bookmark of our game. As the game (hopefully) expands in production past the first bookmark, this country will be made available. Through some sort of disaster in the matoran/agori eyes (be it war or natural phenomenon is yet to be decided), these islands will prove to be a fresh starting ground for the matoran race against a growing evil and one of the few remaining toa named Krakua will be it's main defender, along with the Toa Mahri. It's main island has a series of tall & strong walls, making the capital an effective island fortress. Diet made an appearance in the book Time Trap (unnamed however), where it was heavily assaulted and under siege, and Krakua had to make sure the Toa Inika's existence would be ensured by making contact with the then-Toa Vakama through time (they most likely being on the front lines ensuring the very survival of matoran-kind, with the Kanohi Vahi being involved somehow (this still needs to be discussed by development team and anyone with ideas)).

Whein Kingitanga (Ground Kingdom)

Just called 'Whein' in-game (pronounced as 'wayne' with an emphasis on the H), with Whein meaning 'Ground'.

This country is an independent, isolationist country whose aesthetics are a mixture of many Bara Magna native cultures and Matoran, creating a Maori hybrid with a few Late Byzantine influences (via agori). Whein is a kingdom that was forged in the aftermath of the Great Being Civil War, their name being in reference to how the decided to stay on the continent rather then flee to the seas. The splintered Barraki states lie to the terrestrial borders on every angle, and when they are not fighting one another to restore the Barraki Empire they usually try to individually subdue these continental matoran by claims of divine right to rule. It is by the mighty mountains that guard the river valley, as well as their own courage, that always push back these invaders. The Barraki have allowed Ostonigosa to continue to live in areas in-between their realms, so these barbarians often times will try to attack Whein as well.  Whein has also removed some of the more religious aspects of the matoran faith that was created on the island of Mata--Nui over a thousand years ago while retaining the sub-virtues and vices that stem from the Three Virtues, thus creating a Matoran Religious Philosophy. Another unique part of this country is the exclusion of all who are not of the 'ground elements', meaning that only Po, Onu, Fe, and Ta matoran are allowed residence (Ta matoran are looked down upon, however). This country is a product of civilized matoran adopting some local customs and living more inland after many, many years; as such, Whein and other countries like it only exist in the full game (late/post Great Being Civil War).

Barraki

barraki_flag.jpgLeague of Four Kingdoms / Barraki Empire (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

This country is made of vassals. In the middle is the kingdom of Pridak, who is both the figurative and literal center of this alliance-built empire. To the west lays the Kingdom of Mantax, to the south lays the Kingdom of Ehlek, and to the east lays the Kingdom of Kalmah.

These ancient warlord-kings once ruled the entirety of the Matoran Universe about 8,301 years ago, and joined by their allied brothers Takadox and Carapar as the League of Six Kingdoms. So Mata Nui, the great spirit and 'guardian' of the Matoran Universe could explore the universe outside of his body with ease, he created six warlords to govern in his place so he could achieve these other goals. They ruled justly for a long time, but noticed how they did all the ruling and got little credit as everyone still praised and worshiped Mata Nui for everything, even things he had no part of. Thinking that Mata Nui was a physical god that could be slain or dethroned by conventional means, they committed treason against their deity and creator, and sought to rule jointly as the new pantheon of the land. Their (futile) attempt was stopped by the Brotherhood of Makuta via the secret treachery of their co-ruler Takadox about 8,001 years ago. Imprisoned and set to be beheaded in front of all, they were swiped by an unknown organization and taken to a highly secretive prison where they were to pay for their crime against the Great Spirit for the rest of their nigh-immortal lives. Seven thousand years later, the prison was destroyed in a mighty quake that shook the universe, finding the prison to be outside of their universe and in a water sea that was contaminated with mutagen; being exposed by this turned them into nightmarish creatures. A thousand years later, they found a way to heal themselves, lost, discovered the treachery of Takadox, and were freed. After forcefully fighting in a war to control the fate of the universe, they witnessed how all was for naught and Makuta Teridax did what Pridak and his brethren could not, overthrow their god and exile him in wastelands yonder.

Time passed, the Battle of Bara Magna changed everything, and Mata Nui, the very being they tried to overthrow, healed them and everyone effected by that mutagen of their nightmarish forms. Restored to their true appearances, they showed themselves to the world and about half of the people coming out of the Matoran Universe that saw the warlords of old, now calling themselves kings-to-be and Pridak the true emperor of all MU races and the shell of the old universe itself, joined them as they thought they witnessed true power and people that could protect them from this dangerous new world. Pridak announced that he and his allies would be taking Ateros Nova and 'saving' the one who bestowed their authority in the first place from undeserving hands, a silent Mata Nui inside the Mask of Life. Within the first fifty years of settling and founding new kingdoms, the League of Four Kingdoms raised their forces and heavily assaulted Ateros Nova in a war that crippled both sides but especially New Atero and her vassalized allies. Defeat seemed inevitable until a squad of Toa infiltrated the Barraki Empire's lines and after incapacitating numerous guards they dueled with the kings and emperor during a holographic meeting with Takadox (which largely consisted of Pridak and Ehlek yelling at the king yonder the sea). The melee broke through the walls and eventually entered into the creation chambers, where Matoran universe were created from large pod-like machines. The toa threatened to destroy them and thus hindering the advance of League populations. Fueled in anger, Pridak eventually gave in and surrendered the war, while Ehlek refused and successfully killed one of the toa while almost being killed himself before conceding. The Barraki would have only a few decades to heal from this war before the sly Takadox gave the impression of better relations before commencing an invasion with his purchased allies the Dark Hunters. it would have succeeded had Ehlek not hindered their advance with his naval and aquatic forces, and Mantax specialty of heavily armored soldiers held back the armies.

With little time to heal, the League was forced to ally with much of the rest of the MU immigrant countries in face of the Great Being Civil War. Having received word from the Great Being Agnonce that Spherus Magna had been melded and revitalized by Mata Nui, the Great Beings set course back to home. Less then half of the Great Beings were part of a conspiracy involving the incognito Great Being under the alias Velika. When in orbit those that were involved revealed themselves openly, taking over a few ships and landed just outside of Bota Magna, ready to conquer the planet at the behest of their leader, along with Velika's vorox zealot warriors, and his war-machine Marendar.

pridak_flag.jpg Pridak (by Iaredios Paerkenon)

kalmah_flag.jpg Kalmah (by Iaredios Paerkenon)

mantax_flag.jpg Mantax (by Iaredios Paerkenon)

ehlek_flag.jpg Ehlek (by Iaredios Paerkenon)

takadox_flag.jpgTakadox (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -

As a former Barraki, the slight resemblance to the Barraki flag is intentional, though Takadox will defend that he created it first (he did not, however). The Red is for the blood of the native inhabitants of Spherus Magna (or the barbarians as he calls them), the blue-grey is for the blood of his Matoran Universe subjects, and the grey bars are Takadox's blades keeping his people safe and the barbarians out.

This is all propaganda, however, to put him in a good light for wanting to conquer the Matoran Universe peoples with an air of justification. This feeling of justification comes from the initial defeat of the Barraki about 8,201 years before, where he betrayed his fellow warlords to Makuta Teridax in order to be spared of his treachery towards Mata Nui and be left as the sole ruler, and thus emperor, of the Matoran Universe. Unfortunately, before this could happen, Botar, an agent of the Order of Mata Nui, took the imprisoned Barraki and sentenced them to a prison far away for 8,000 years. Re-encountering Makuta Teridax, who has then been corrupted and became the dark lord of the Matoran Universe unbeknownst to Takadox, destroyed their treaty after the course of their brief talk. Sometime later, Takadox was freed and un-mutated. He pronounced his claims not through empirical evidence (saying that it was destroyed in the Second Great Cataclysm, the MU view of the Battle of Bara Magna and the nature of the death of Teridax, through which many would understand as most lost all their possessions in the great destructive quakes)but by actions, immediately hiring large groups of MU immigrants to act as his soldiers and promised them fortune and new homes for their efforts. They traveled far, fighting the enormous forces of the newly-created League of Four Kingdoms. Defeated and low on morale, he trekked east across a great sea and ruthlessly conquered the native Agori and Vorox tribes their, subsequently making them second-class citizens, and settling in their former lands and sacking their houses and holds. Since then, Takadox has made some vassals to lessen his workload and allow himself to pursue his ambitions of conquering the MU peoples.

Makutine (faith)

makuta_cult_flag.jpgMakutine (country; Kult of Makuta; made by Toa Imrukii)

Their flag is that of the Makuta Stone used by the Turaga of the island of Mata-Nui, which represented The Makuta when telling mythological tales and religious stories.

Their style of government is a theocracy and is ruled by Makuta Teridax's own appointed prophet and 'turaga' of Metru-Nui, 'Turaga' Ahkmou. Ahkmou has the ability to become a toa, and will become as such if the Makutaverse is re-established and become a military leader character.

gold_skakdi_flag.jpg Tserkoura (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

This flag is the face of Tserkoura Antroana (sir-cow-rah  an-trow-ahn-ah; 'The Golden Ruler out of Many' in Matoran language), the being otherwise known as the Golden-Skinned Skakdi-Fusion.

This being was created to be a warrior prince for The Makuta, the designated heir in case something happened to him and was to be used as the head general in planetary invasions. He is extremely powerful, having the ability to manipulate all types of matter at will and can realize dreams and nightmares into the prime reality; he cannot do this sort of stuff for long as it consumes much of his energy and prolonged use could kill him. Tserkoura has a blend of organic and biomechanical features, his golden skin giving off an aura that can make unready minds fall to his beauty and obey his every whim; this also extends to being able to make foreigners want to join his ranks, so expect increased rebellions if you are near this beings realm and are not of the Makutine faith. Can merge with the Makutine country to reform Makuta Teridax's Makutaverse, his universe-spanning empire within the Matoran Universe while he was the deity of the MU and the name of his attempted intergalactic empire. Tserkoura is wholly loyal to his fallen lord and his main purpose in life is to assume control of the entire planet of Spherus Magna, going off of the claim set up by Makuta Teridax during the Battle of Bara Magna "By right of power, this planet is mine!!"; and if the Makutaverse and Makuta Teridax is resurrected, Tserkoura will give up his power for his creator and become a fearsome military leader character.

makutora.pngMakutora (Makutaverse; flag generously given permission to use by SPIRIT)

A united flag for all major nations who follow the religion Makutine, reforming themselves into the united empire of darkness that Makuta Teridax ruled: Makutora (aka The Makutaverse). Doing this will give the option down the road to resurrect Makuta Teridax from the Etherealm and appoint him as the nation's leader with Ahkmou as his prophet and Nektann his supreme general; not part of the game's canon but can be done.

The history of Makuta Teridax, or as he arrogantly called himself, The Makuta, is long, almost as long as the Matoran Universe itself and as such covers much of Bionicle's lore; if you are unfamiliar with The Makuta, please go here.

Other Matoran Universe Immigrants

Zyglak (all made by Toa Imrukii)

zyglak_flag_1.jpgTudaju

zyglak_flag_2.jpgLimono

zyglak_flag_3.jpgKlakkzana

zyglak_flag_4.jpgDarae

zyglak_flag_5.jpgPokarai

zyglak_flag_6.jpg Noli

zyglak_flag_7.jpgRondar

zyglak_flag_9.jpgOlipma

zyglak_flag_10.jpgChazh

zyglak_flag_11.jpgGeila

zyglak_flag_12.jpgSolmoan

zyglak_flag_13.jpgDeefhaa

zyglak_flag_14.jpgBandao

zyglak_flag_15.jpgPomahngo

zyglak_flag_16.jpgTiza

zyglak_flag_8.jpg Palasa

united_zyglak_flag.jpg Zaeglakna (NOT FINAL NAME; united Zyglak countries)

The zyglak are influenced partially by Nahuatl customs, where they would conduct flower wars on matoran and other MU settlements, seeking to capture prisoners and sacrifice them to their gods in order to nourish them to battle the devils, the Great Beings, in cosmic warfare. Those they do not take prisoner they will either kill or capture for torture or exotic consumption (feast on biomechanical fleshy bits). Their entire lives revolve around either survival or the destruction of everything GB-related. They are a race of pure hate. Uniting the separate zyglak tribes would require the conquest, suffering, and/or extermination of much of Spherus Magna for the groups ae spread far apart (as they have fabricated truths about them being the chosen race for their fabricated gods to make up for being abandoned by the Great Beings), something they would enjoy all too well. Ironically, it is the merciful toa who have saved the zyglak from Matoran Universe-wide retaliation against the lizard people over the many millennia, when they were all not busy being scared of them. Their vast hatred of the Great Beings will play a vital role in the Great Being Civil War, as instead of only attacking their creations, they will have the chance to retaliate against the devils themselves and might ally with MU nations in order to have their revenge. 

oomn_flag.jpg 'some matoran colony flag' (made by AidanBionicle1)

united_spherus_magna_flag_2.jpg United Spherus Magna (made by AidanBionicle1)

Other factions that need a flag:

-- Other Matoran island colonies.

-- Many Tribal Vorox bands (give them each a name)

-- United Vorox Kingdom; unite the tribes by either marriage or conquest and reach a certain technology level to announce to the world that the Vorox of the desert wastes have reemerged from obscurity! Beware their stinger tails!

-- Dark Hunters flag. A major faction for the west and major ally with Pridak.

-- New Destral, a country led by Miserix.

-- Many elemental-based, modern/tribal-mixed Matoran flags. Small-arse countries.

-- Many agori flags. Be sure they are authentic-looking and professional.

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Flags and Nation Summaries, Part 2:
Spherus Magna Natives

Agori of Neala

tajun2.png Tajun (tay-zhune / tay-june; made by Monty and Iaredios)

Ah Tajun. Tajun has had an interesting history, and it's origin is shrouded in legend, like all early cities.

One legend goes by the Greani Tradition. As with the other five great agori settlements of Neala (which is in former-Bara Magna), Tajun was founded by the great skrall hero Greani Ateir as part of his effort to make a new home for agori free of Jirapa rule (in fact, Neala itself means New Land, in reference to this). Named after one of the first kings of Spherus Magna sentients (like each of the major cities of Neala), King Teihuno (Tajun being a skrall corruption of this), Tajun became inhabited by a large population of water tribe members. Greani died in battle in his wars against giants to preserve agori and skrall freedom, but his capital of Ateiropolis (Atero) survived.

A thousand years later, due to it being on an island, Tajun was seized by the Element Lord of Water Tallasanon from the King of Atero (who previously controlled all of Neala) after his coronation a Zadishah Nahita (Element Lord), and would prove to be a strategic base of operations in the Nealite Theater during the Core War (which lasted hundreds of years). His occupation created a large water reserve on the island that Tajun sits upon (as well as other areas Tallasanon had conquered). This water reserve would come in handy in post-Shattering Spherus Magna. Heavily damaged (as with every other settlement on Spherus Magna), the people in Tajun had died in The Shattering. After people reemerged from the caves and tunnels underground, people would begin creating villages and others would start as raiders, others became conquering warlords; at this time, Tajun became a hotbed for raider scum and would oft fight with warlords over the ruins. The Ostonigosa flourished in post-Shattering Bara Magna as the Geroikoi-descendant nomads raided all the make-shift villages. A village chief led a great rescue of Tajun, where many an evil beast and raider was slain, and the ruined city reclaimed and partially repaired (much of the city was in rubble, so the rubble was removed or reused for more simplistic buildings). Due to the springs located on the islands, the conquering people called themselves the Water Tribe. Kings were eventually reestablished in Neala, and Tajun was of no exception. Resources were scarce, so wars were frequent. Easier access to the springs and complex canals were constructed by the wise Neronikos, first king of a united Tesara, whose brilliance became the envy of the land and all willingly paid tribute to him just so that they can have access to his genius and the inventions that stemmed from it. After his death, Neala became divided again, but there was now at least some more water in Neala, though some warlords would foolishly destroy some water sources in order to drought enemies to death.

The natives to Tajun detest the far ancient origin of Tajun, claiming it as being an ahistorical fabrication by the heirs of Kertavus to undermine Tajunite nationality. They claim the city was founded by their great (and brutal) king Taiunus Magnus, turning the ruins of Thal Kastra a Core War fortress by Thallasanon into the grand city named after himself, Taiunopolis, or Tajun as it is dubbed with the rise of the popular foreign J; most scholars prefer this latter-most origin one because of how more realistic it is. Either way, Tajun would rise to become a great trading city only surpassed by the great ancient metropolis Atero due to the city being on an island in the Nealite Gulf.

Thousands of years later, a trading rivalry between Tajun and Tesara had developed over centuries but the two had a relationship with supplying water to the rest of Neala that did not have a nearby well or had dried up wells. That is why it shocked the world when Tajun launched a surprise attack upon the Tesarite Valley, besieging Tesse and massacring it's population to frighten the Tesarite King in Arah to submit peacefully.

From there, Tajun conquered all of Neala up to the White Quartz Mountains and the Ruunic Plains, submitting all under it's direct rule and hegemony under a strict Tajunite hydraulic empire (controlling water sources to control people). Though still technically a kingdom, such acts had earned it the name 'Tajunite Empire' (thought it still called it's rulers Kings and Queens). For 600 years the Tajunite Empire held conquered lands in it's tight grasp, and Tajun's culture and ways had greatly influenced over its subjects to the point that all of it's territory is know called Greater Neala (later, Ikonox and the White Quartz Mountains would be included in this). Wanting to control the water that stems from the dirty snow-ridden peaks of the White Quartz, Tajun sent armed forces to subdue the mountain dwellers. In sight of this invasion, the mountain villages united their forces under the Castle Keeper of Ikonox (an ancient ruined fortified city built be Greani Ateir) and for the first time the White Quartz were united. Great battles were fought in the pale peaks, where with a combination of terrain knowledge and psychological warfare, the noble barbarians were able beat back the superior Tajunite forces, and they never returned due to reports of giants of old dwelling in the mountains with the mountain-men. The Ikonite Castle Keeper relinquished his control over all the villages with the threat gone, and the mountain men lived in simple freedom.

It looked as if Tajunite rule over Greater Neala was to last forever. That is, until an heir to a line of hedge knights popped up in the history books. His name was Kertoff, or Kertav, better known in Tajunite tongue as Kertavus Magnus.

Tesera (prototype flag; made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

In ancient, post-Shattering times, when the Age of Anarchy had just begun, the people of Tesse and Arrah fought against each other for resources, as everyone else did. Then there arose a hero now known as Neronikos [water engineer]. No one knows where he came from, cults say that he was born from Heaven, while Tajun says he was born in their islands (though this was probably propaganda to justify their hydraulic empire). Either way, he was able to make peace between these two feuding villages by figuring out ways to bring remaining water to the surface and build wells to the surface. The two chiefs, in their feud, attacked each other for their wells to eliminate their long-time rival. With people now dying because of foolish squabbles rather than natural causes, Neronikos gathered a party and took down the chiefs, having them beheaded next to each other and uniting the two villages under a single king, appointing new chiefs to rule beneath him. Being the genius that he was, while also attesting to assistance by some White Spirit, he otherwise single handily designed the complex partially-artificial springs of Tesara and a system to move the springs' water into canals by clockwork automaton machinery. Jealous, many raiders and foreign chiefs and kings set their eyes on Tesara.

After successfully defending the twin-villages from each invasion or raid, Neronikus would meet with each leader and tell them that he can design wells for each of their lands. So, much of his rule was preoccupied defending from savages with deaf ears until their defeat, and then overseeing well construction. After wells and springs were constructed in major villages, Tesara held hegemony over all of Greater Neala until the death of Neronikus as everyone felt eternally in-debt to the king. After his death, chiefs and other rising crowns slowly broke their alliance with Tesara in order to fight with their neighbors once more for one reason or another. The people of Tesara christened their first post-Shattering king 'the Great', now often called Neronikus Magnus. For centuries his descendants held rule over Tesara until they became divided for religious reasons, as one of the divided city became a hotbed for the Kult of Neronikos while the other retained their traditional Gruncharist practices (this cult will be represented in-game as the 'Kult of Heroes'; more on that later), and being incompetent rulers in the face of this growing hostility, the descendants of Neronikus were all assassinated and usurped by an upstart dynasty but this dynasty barely lasted a month before Kult of Heroes zealots had them massacred. Afterwards, Tesse and Arrah were led by independent kings, sometimes temporarily reunited via political marriages, but would not be firmly reunited until under the influence of Certavus Magnus, thousands of years later.

Some of the later wars had tribes and kingdoms destroy other wells to weaken enemies, but not many did this for obvious reasons.

Neronikus Magnus was not only a genius, but was said to be magical, being able to grow limited amounts of vegetation. He claimed to have gotten this 'blessing' from a White Spirit in the desert, and it was housed in an enchanted totem of some sort. This 'enchated' item is lost, but thanks to it there is some vegetation. Some believe it is buried in the heart of the Tesarite Valley because life used to fade the further it went from the kingdom.

tesera_flag.jpg Tesse

Arah

vulkanus.jpg Vulkanus (made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

FTRrVah.png Ahanbum (ah-han-boom/bum; iron nation; made by Montosoy9)

n0RWWyl.png Quivotia (quee-vote-sha; fire tribe minor; made by Montosoy9)

ketoteir.png Ketoteir, the whale land of Nealite barbarians.
This flag was originally going to be used in Thallasanon's flag, but i decided differently. Water people minor and live on these islands that serves as the gate between the Sea of Liquid Sand and the Endless Ocean Aqua Magna. Named as such because many whales and other large sea creatures washed up dead on their beaches in far ancient times, before the Shattering, and so are revered as mighty mythical beasts. Many of their bones have been used in construction and decoration, including jewelry. Very weak and might be absorbed by larger powers They are made up of different tribes and chieftains, but united by a common guardian-hero that protects their land from outsiders and great threats. The current guardian is a man named Thasos, protecting the fishing waters from Tajunites, and Ketoteir's shores from invasions by Takadox and the lion people to his north. If his renown continues to rise, some say Thasos may be declared the first king of his people. With or without Thasos, if Ketoteir were to be properly centralized, Ketoteir may be able to hold itself up in the world and possibly become a naval power in the world due to its location. 

Vorox

paiete_flag.jpg Paiete (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Western Wastes of Bara Magna

taileen_flag.jpg Taileen (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Central Wastes of Bara Magna

yachu_flag.jpg Yachu (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Western Wastes of Bara Magna

naeboj_flag.jpg Naeboj (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Western Wastes of Bara Magna

jharuhd.jpg Jharuhd (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Central Wastes of Bara Magna

yuittor.jpg Yuittor (made by Toa Imrukii) Located in the Central Wastes of Bara Magna

vf.jpg Crystal Caves
A stone that looks like turquoise that is imbued with great power, and it is hidden away in a maze-like cavern system layered with many crystals (most being purple) and creatures, and the tribe that lives at the entrances guards it as instructed by a certain Wizard of the Wastes centuries ago... In seeking the answer to the mysterious legends of the Wizard of the Wastes, Iaredios treks to this ancient area on only rumors.

vf1.jpgAn unnamed central bara magna vorox kingdom

The Tribes of Istooh'Keyah / Tselekhii
lake_land_tribe_flag_1.png Mountain Keepers

lake_land_tribe_flag_2.png Kin'Haal Tar - capital province of the ancient Sand Kingdom
(former capital and heartland of the Element of Sand, his face (along with simplified headdress-crown) and his pyramids of glass-steel (translucent metal) are some of the symbols used for this ancient history). Kin'Haal Tar is the province, the city was named Shari'bular

lake_land_tribe_flag_3.png Coral Forest
(dried up coral reef. Inspiration comes from an area on Planetside 2 and a remote part of Arizona called the Petrified Forest)

lake_land_tribe_flag_4.png Beach Keepers
(ocean is made up of two kinds of water symbols with some added lines to give the appearance of waves)

lake_land_kingdom_flag_.png Unified Istooh'Keyah
(the flag is the crown, which is made up of gathered iron and translucent metal (glass-steel) from the ruins of Shari'bular/Omniopolis, and topped with turquoise and copper)

Ostonigosa (Bone Hunters)

ostonigosa_3_flag.jpgOstonigosa Empire (United Bone Hunters; made by Iaredios Paerkenon)
The sky is their deity (blue), and gives blessings to those that feed him (he reigns supreme at day and night, the colors of the dawn and dusk are competing lesser gods, and to keep his power he needs strength from food; the stars at night being all the most worthy warriors who accompany him). He feeds off of the life force that is visualized as smoke (grey) that burns off from things (orange).

People that purposely burn to satisfy his hunger by sacrificing organic matter are given blessings. Many warriors that believe in this collect the burnt bones that remained after the burning and decorate themselves in it. This is why they are called Bone Hunters, or Ostonigosa, because they kill people or take them alive and burn them, essentially hunting for bones. When I put these peoples into the game, they will all have the same flag in the background, but a stylized animal or object will be in front of it; if they become united you will have the flag above.

zar-daguu_flag3.png Zar-Daguu, the Dark Falls (a Bone Hunter power).

khot-khad.png Khot-Khad

The Khaganate of the Palisade Peaks, this great trading city is currently ruled by Khan Fero. Fero had in the past temporarily united the Khanates under his control with the goal to sack and annex the Nealite city of Vulkanus, which in the past was once a Bone Hunter Ruunic Khanate called the Vulkhanate before it was conquered and assimilated into the culture of the Tajunite Empire. His aims at bringing back these traitors to their ancestors to the old ways and gain money and power while doing it was foiled when the agori hero Praside, at the behest of his king Raanu the Greater, rallied allies to the aide of Vulkanus and the Battle of Vulkanus was won miraculously by the Glatorianate. Praside was title iroas, or Hero, for his valiant efforts. Since then, Fero has lost the support of the other khanates. To make up for this lost potential in glory, he led his forces to attack both sides of the Battle of Bara Magna, capturing many prisoners of war to sacrifice to the gods to and gaining him much prestige. With the planetary reformation by Mata Nui and the revitalization of the lands, the Element Lords have since sought to regain control of their old peoples. After scouting around, the Lord of Fire Ezen Galyn has decided to reunite the Bone Hunters of the Ruunic Plains first because they are more stable, then go to the Zuunic Plains beyond the eastern Barrier Desert to reclaim his prehistoric capital of Shan-Galyn. This throws a wrench in the ambitions of Fero, for he cannot possibly outmatch this god, but perhaps he can rise to power underneath Ezen Galyn's rule. Can someone say Khan of the West?

ostonigosa_symbol.png Not so much of a flag as more of a religious symbol for the Ostonigosa.
Has three layers: the fire at the bottom, the smoke in the middle, and the sky at the top which looks like a crown and has the former-three moons over Bara Magna.

Skrall & Jirapa

skrall_1_flag.jpg Jirapatine Empire (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -
The color Black is the color of the Jirapa giants, and in-turn their half-breed spawn the Skrall. Red is for the skin color of the Jirapa; and the maze is a copy of the shape of the Great Maze that was found in the Valley of the Great Maze, and as it was created by the Great Beings , a pantheon for the Jirapa, and houses their former headquarters. It symbolizes power equal to the gods. This flag was only used after the Core War. The original flag of the Jirapatine Empire has since been lost.

The color black here has it's roots in natural antidermis, which is the physical manifestation of darned rebellious spirits who defied the plans of the creator, Grunchar. In far-flung mythic times, an oligarchy of federated kingdoms rose to power and joined together in an tribal alliance/federated empire. The Emperor of these agori, Stralovets, sought power, so abandoned the prosperity of Grunchar in order to achieve more power in this life. Legends held of great marshes and caves that dotted Spherus Magna, lands that held unnatural energies and twisted the nature surrounding it, the swamps being filled with a dark tar that was living and sentient. The Emperor went down there and made a deal with the hive-minded pit agreeing to let his body be the catalyst of partially-consumed descendents until the end of time; doing so will give him angelic energies from another plane of existence, albeit fallen and rebellious in nature. Returning home, Emperor Stravolets displayed his new-found strength and insight of knowledge. Others went to the marshes and made similar covenants. The oligarchy had come to worship antidermis instead of the Great Potter.

As the ruling class became more powerful and corrupted, the lower classes began to worry. The properties of the dark energy that gifted them began twist them, and it was becoming more visible. In order to appease the pits to gain more power, the Empire engaged in many wars against the surrounding nomads to capture them and sacrifice their bodies by tossing them into the pits. Playing with them in deciept, the antidermic entity(ies) then said to gain more power, they should take the energy that is found in organisms and eat them: sentient ones. In horror by the oblivious acceptance of such madness and the ensuing ravenous hunger that grew among the oligarchy, a revolt occured, the peasants and yeomen overthrew Emperor Stravolets and his kings, and after a brief civil war drove the evil kings into the far Northeast. Over the course of many thousands of years, the darkness that brewed among the kings' descendents grew, as did their hunger and height: physical manifestations of their metaphysical sicknesses. Further corruption of their genes came from the eventual isolated incest between the giants as all the previous generations had already crossed over together and finally emerged as one. As their population swelled, so too did their food supply dwindle. It came to criminals being excecuted for feeding. Then a group of nomadic Agori from the south found these giants, Jirapa as they are called in their tongue, and half of them were taken, the other half were let go and told to go home. The Jirapa king was going to have all of them eaten, but decided to let them go so as to follow them. A great expedition force was rallied, and so the giants followed the Agori down to an old city. The discovery of the Agori at this time was very beneficial, as world's civilizations were still at their dawn, and were ripe for the taking.

The city was half devoured and half conquered. Word got back to the mountains of southwest Bota Magna, and tales of so many weak and small peoples made them hungry in both power and tum-tum grumbles. And so began the dusk of the lengthsome Second Era, ending in the mass conquests of the Jirapa going across half of the massive pangea. The Third Era would be known as the Time of giants, less than a thousand years of darkness. By fighting and eating many of the native hunters and warriors and then taking the widows as their own, the Jirapa forcefully created a race that should never have existed: The Skrall.

skrall_2_flag.jpg Skrall Kingdom (Made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -
Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The green is for their legendary ancient hero Graeni, and the shape is the same shape on the flag he used. It is speculated that it was the shape of the lineal pattern the braced his chest, upper arms, and back.

Element Lords (Zadashah Nahita in Ancient Agori)

elr_flag.jpgSvartureinn (svar-too-rain; Element Lord of Rock; made by Iaredios Paerkenon) -
Black is the color for the Skrall and Jirapa, has been for thousands of years and it's true meaning has been lost. The white stands for the light of ancient enlightenment, as the Element Lord of Rock (name still pending), like the other Element Lords, are from an age long since passed, they see the current one as an age of ignorance and want to bring the arch-realm (planet) back to their age and thinking. The ELR is a Jirapa and thus he will have the ability to restore the Jirapatine Empire if the Skrall Kingdom has successfully been conquered or annexed diplomatically. The ELR state was created as a replacement for the Jirapa Empire around 10,200 years before the game's first bookmark, but the Jirapatine Empire was restored later with Svartureinn's imprisonment. If memory recalls correctly, his name means something like 'mountain giant'.

tyranfotius2.jpgEzen Galyn; made by Toa Imrukii and Iaredios)
Tyran'fotius is not this monster's birth name, but rather an adopted one upon crowning by Great Beings. It translates to Dictator of Fire, and his people have chosen well.

Tyran'fotius is the main reason why the Core Ware was as devastating as it was, and by the end of the war the two major players left for control over natural protodermis were him and Isskun. After a great battle in the great mountains north of Neala, Tyran'fotius attempted to siphon natural protodermis from the core of the planet. For trying to meddle in the affairs of Grunchar the creator and his agents of the mortal plane, the collective consciousness that is natural protodermis, Tyran'fotius and every other Element Lord were immediately seized and sentenced to less then 10,000 years of imprisonment; while the planet itself was enacted to judgement, because everyone was in power to prevent what led to this war and attempted divine meddling, but did nothing either out of fear or disinterest. Thus, Spherus Magna became splintered and fragmented for many millennia. After 10,000 years had passed, Tyran'fotius was one of the first Element Lords to begin attacking again after his prison release. Great battles that rattled the northern mountain ensued for a year as the demi-gods dueled until a truce was declared, one that lasted ten years. Initially planning to base himself at the Great Volcano, he came to find that it was heavily infested with the shape-shifting robots called battera (named by skrall-kind), so he headed south. After the Ateros Nova Civil War that was caused by Makutine cultist actions, many agori became disillusioned with Mata Nui's promise of peace in their time, and so sought out the rulers of their ancestor's, the Element Lords (the same thing happened to the Matoran, where they went to the League of Four Kingdoms). Like the other kings, the Element Lord of Fire has had a steady increase of troops, and readies to begin a second planet-wide war and rid his claimed realm of both inferior races and foreign sentients (MU immigrants).

Like each Element Lord, Tyran'fotius' body has decayed to the point where he is but a super-powered zombie. His power of fire has also consumed his physical being to the point that all that remains is charred flesh and black bones, making him appear to be an armored skeleton on fire.

eloi_flag.jpgnew_eloi.jpgIsskun (ehss-kun; made by Toa Imrukii).
One of the six most powerful Element Lords. Name is a corruption of ice lord/king in Icelandic or Danish (I cannot remember).

jarraradat_flag2.jpgJarraradat (jar-lar-la-dat; made by Iaredios Paerkenon)

Shah (king) of the Vorox, he is personally responsible (along with the Great Being Tahedin, later known as Velika) for the creation of the vorox race, creating scorpion like structures upon their back to create a digit-rimmed back that flowed into a deadly stinger tail. Liking these 'revisions', he had something done to himself, so along with his Egyptian-styled high-tech armor, Jarraradat has a biomechanical scorpion tail. As he is the Lord of Sand and most deserts of Spherus Magna, he controlled most of Spherus Magna before and during the Core War, the stretch of controlled territory being rivaled only by Jan Abi-Kabud His name, Shah Jarraradat, literally means Scorpion King in Iranian; enjoy the joke. :P

daryan_flag1.png - Daryan (dahr-yawn), the Element Lord of Water; flag made by Iaredios).
Name means 'water' or 'sea' in Iranian. I was originally going to put a basilosaurus in the flag, it's head at one side and its tail on the other until I forgot about it. I might do it later.

eloj_flag.jpg Puidami (Pwee-dah-mee; made by Toa Imrukii)

The following is non-canon, but their concepts are still kept here for possible future uses
kebewa.jpgDijiang (dee-jee-ahng; corruption of Ground King in Chinese. Element Lord of Earth; made by Iaredios Paerkenon)
One of the minor Element Lords and was an ally with some of the more powerful Element Lords against the Svartureinn and ethnic polar opposite Ezinqaan (as the jirapa and ostonigosa had been enslaving the earth tribe's people for millennia).

Though he is peaceful, his inability to think of animals as living creatures and not just tools led to great animal abuse during the Core War. Many deaths were caused for both sentience and non-sentients (usually involving animals being lite aflame and used against the enemy, or torturing animals to the point that the became viscious and were also used against the enemy). He also shows little mercy to enemies, such horrors making peace that he wants very desireable after witnessing such things. Such acts are a crime against nature and he too was imprisoned. His return is sure to cause some revolts in Skrall lands. In ancient times when he ruled, Dijang's Earth Kingdom developed a unique culture that is much akin to Pre-Yuan Empire China. Since then, closeness to the barbaric Skrall and Ostonigosa have made the Earth Tribesmen develop a culture with no home taking the shape much like a foreign-influenced Chinese and as such, their predicament has been like the Iron Nation. The return of Dijang has made the Earth Tribesmen gather to his call. He, like the other Element Lords, teaches his subjects some of the ways of old, such as giving them the pre-Shattering agori alphabet, except that he uses it differently from the others: Like Jararradat and the Element Lord of Wind, Dijang reads the agori language from right to left. Another thing is that Dijang has been trying to combine the aesthetics of his time and that of the modern Earth Tribe. The Element Lord of Earth starts off in A Rude Awakening having the select-able mission, "Regain Old Capital" available, which will give you the objective of moving east past Geneteira, conquering and slaying many of the mighty Ostonigosa qaghanates that stand in your way and arriving at the ruins of your once great capital of Dusei. This action will deteriorate relations between you and Ezinqaan and down the road bring you into conflict with the aforementioned savage and bloodthirsty Element Lord of Wind. Once at Dusei, you (Dijang) may begin to try and recreate the power of your old realm and push back those that have been occupying lands that rightfully belong to you, and maybe even absorb lost Earth Tribesmen to the east who who have regressed and stayed as barbaric bands and kingdoms. Your main enemies will be from the Lord of Wind, Takadox, Jararadat, and many of the lesser Ostonigosa qaghanates.

Ezin Qaanyu (eh-zeen khan-you, name is a corruption of Emperor in Mongolian and Xiongnu; Element Lord of Wind)
A ruthless and cunning Grand Qaghan, the Element Lord of Wind ruled the mighty plains south of Bota Magna in olden times, ruling over the Ostonigosa east of Geneteira.

During the Core War allied himself with Tyran'fotius to gain more money from plundering and having at least the chance to have access to natural protodermis. His return means the rise of a great nomadic horde that has the potential to take over much of planet. He has a stone throne that is carved to make it appear made out of skulls, and decorates his royal hall with the burnt heads, skulls, and kanohi of enemies he has made sacrifices out of atop of poles.

Qatah Qaani (kah-tah khan-ee, name is a corruption of Great Queen in Mongolian; Element Lord/Lady of Lightning)
The only female Element Lord, the Lady of Lightning is much like his ethnic brother, Ezniqaan, for they are both Ostonigosa, only she at least tries to hide her cunning savageness under a calm guise.

She ruled a small realm in comparison to the other Element Lords prior to Shattering of Spherus Magna, mainly controlling the Ostonigosa of Neala and West Bara Magna. She allied herself with Isskun and other Element Lords to better survive the ruthless onslaught that was Tyran'fotius and Ezniqaan, as well as from the huge Jararradat. Her rule is a matriarchy, where most soldiers are female rock steed-riders. The chauvinist heirs of the mighty qaghan Fero will be hard to tame, as will as keeping Exniqaan from being tempted to take your lands, but her conquest of Tsaiz-Kuluu (the great fortress carved out of a whole mountain in the Second Era) shows her power. She will be influenced by the Scythians and Amazons from the far west steppes of Eurasia with a hint of desert nomads. Little Easter egg: she only has one breast plate on her armor, for before she was crowned as an Element Lord she cut one of her breasts off to better use the bow.

Element Lord of Iron, Sahmad Megarslan

This Element Lord is new and was only created once Great Being Civil War started. If certain conditions are met when pertaining to the create-able Iron Nation of Aidepoyin, then the Iron Nation hero Sahmad will be transformed into an Element Lord by the Great Being Agnonce. From exile, to warrior, to slaver, to monster-slayer, to revolutionary, to king, to elemental god, Sahmad is one who will definitely be remembered in the history scrolls and one that will cause interesting discussions about his history and personality. Hero? Villain? Who knows. What is known, however, is that despite the hardships of his family line and his own life, he will be renowned by every person of the Iron Nation for all of times to end their ethnic persecutions and serve in the best interests of his people. Sahmad has been called Great by his people (Megas), and called Lion among those Ostonigosa (Arslan), and so in respect to both has founded his dynasty's name as a combination of these given titles: Megarslan. He will be immortal and one with nature, but he will have had children before attaining faux-godhood.

Bota Magna Agori

united_bota_magna_flag_2.jpgEmpire of Luhneah (United Bota Magna; made by Toa Imrukii)

tulufu_flag2.jpg Tulufu (a Bota Magna tribe; made by Toa Imrukii and Iaredios)

naxkonju_flag_4.jpg Naxkonju (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by Toa Imrukii)

new_noxtongu_2.jpg Noxtongu (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by Toa Imrukii)

In the Time Before Time, long before the creation of the Matoran Universe, and long before the plight of the Dream Plague. There lived a small group of farmers, sculptors, and metal workers living in the lands of the people of Iron. The Pyeor family lived in peace amongst their neighbors and fellow workers of the land, living in a moderate wealth, enough to live by. For years they called this land home. Many years later the plight of the Dream plague would come to hit their home. In fear they fled from their home and to Tessera, however rumors were passed around, some of their family carrying the plague, and some of the plague making it to Tessera. So they fled, across the once green and fertile plains now home to Ostonigosa, and farther they ran 'til they made it to the inner jungles of Bota Magna. This land was home to great unknowns and more primal people. The Remaining Pyeor family struggled for survival, but soon more people came to this realm, all in search of the same thing, to survive and to call this land home. So, instead of competing, they thrived together, growing strong familial ties between each other with time. When the world was split, the people of this new moon banded together under the guides of who is counted as the first member of the to be relative royal Pyeor dynasty. Kim'nemed Pyeor united the tribes, and even more so until they where a proper union of tribes and nation states. The Dynastic Free Luhneannia Empirical Union, what would eventually simply be known as Luhneah.

Noxtongu, the nation who originally formed the united Tribal Union of Luhneah. Allied with her siblings in Tulufu and Bohrebeah had founded the grand nation under the familial and communal Alliances of lessor tribes, many of which excelled to greatness by the united power and order established within the HRE like union that it was at the time. Within time however, inner ties were toiled with and damaged from a dying lack of unity, such powers that wished to form this once grand union of tribes into a tyrannical despotism. This scheme would not come to plan, as minors fell off from the nation and the holder's tyranny weakening. Ending with a coup to put the original ruling family back on the common throne, the tyrannical king of old and his family who was meant to help the nation, away with their promises and so they fell.

The Pyeor family was the original ruling dynasty for generations, that was until a lack of heirs, and familial hardships were faced in the family. The lack of an heir, and a lack of suitable women to be the mother of a new heir to the Pyeor Dynasty was the major cause to their familial drop from relative royalty. And thusly a new family came to the throne, the Giuta family rose to the throne in light of such events, and in time came to be a hinderance rather than a help, and thusly were smited from their divine throne in the arms of the Goddess, and exiled from the grand jungles, and sparse barelands of the union. To live out the rest of their dying days defending themselves from wild beasts and what ever else that was out there.

Soon past tribes returned and the might of the nation was growing again. Times were good and production was prominent. With the discovery of rubber and new and more humane ways of extracting it, they processed it into long bands which they used to make slings and siege weapons. With the discovery of a tribe of Vorox under the ruling hand of a false god, the Luhneah'ns prepared for hostile contact in future times. However, to their unknowing a tribe, formed by a corruption of Gruncharism. The Lothers had formed a Horde to rival the strength of the Union. They came with a shock, and invaded Luhneah with a harsh push, surprised at their might, the Luhneah'ns were cornered, but eventually managed to subdue them into a rather sizable portion of the nation. And thusly the Lothers took it. Not more than a few months later had passed before the Luhneah'ns set foot for their reconquest of their northern territories, and not only kicked the Lothers out, but also hunted them down 'til they where nothing more than a couple of mere distraught tribes.

Many years had past and a new King, Gaden Pyeor. The only surviving son of the past king T'gyl Pyeor, the one who slew the Lothers, had past on, and his crown and throne past onto his son, on his new throne facing the skies, T'gyl would sit for even more decades to come. Amongst the other past members of his realm who ruled it, except for those of the Giuta family. There he sat above the canopy amongst Kim'nemed Pyeor, Julun Pyeor, Jhazict Pyeor, Ioda Pyeor, and Bedn'nen Pyeor, his forefathers and mothers of time long past. However, all was not well, with Gaden coming to the thrown many questioned his ability to rule. Being rather brash and naive in his ways. Not malevolent, but just incompetent. This however would make many lessor tribes split off, weakening the unions strength and their very reason for existence. However, a vision from the goddess came to Gaden, a vision of Six or more Gifts to fall from the sky, from a realm so unknown, so alien, so advanced, they would fall, and rise for the people of Noxtongu in times of greatest hardship, and unexpected disaster. And, with this vision came one word, one which Gaden in all his years and throughout his research he had not nor ever would hear since....
some toa be flying down and about, shooting and schnit with jj abrams-style lens flare all blinding eyes from their pores in their great majestic glory of epic heights. Know what I mean man?

bohrebeah_flag_3.jpg Bohrebeah (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by Toa Imrukii)

codehnta_flag.jpg Codehnta (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by Toa Imrukii)

chohba_flag.jpg Chohba (a Bota Magna Tribe; made by Toa Imrukii)

bm_tf.jpg Meirza

bm_tf1.jpg Nehjkorwa

bm_tf3.jpg Paravora

bm_tf2.jpg Chahkaul

Velika & Allies

'Velika'

bm_vorox_1.jpg Yiltsy Tsintah / Vorwoud (jah-rah SEEN-tah; Bota Magna Vorox kingdom; made by Toa Imrukii and Iaredios)
Their name means Dry Forest, but outsiders have nicknamed them 'Vorwoud' or 'Vorwood', since they are vorox and their country has forests. The green is for the jungle they live in, and the tan is in remembrance that they are of the Sand Agori despite where they live. The black scorpion is a symbol of their forest home, and themselves, and showing how they will strike venomously when threatened. And the gold lines show that they are rich in both wealth and culture, the patterns showing that they are not jungle savages but again in possession of a comples culture.

This sect of jarra'dine (vorox) were brought to Bota Magna as part of a massive invasion force into the continent by the Element Lord of Sand during the Core War. The scars of the invasion are still plainly visible, as the region is much more arid than the rest of Bota Magna (but not to the degree of Bara Magna), and the continuation of the Lord of Sand's usage of pyramids and obelisks by the current people dot their land. The remnants of the invasion and southern occupation force had contact with the Great Being Tahedin, who planned to use them in his effort to conquer Spherus Magna once Mata Nui had successfully completed the Great Melding of the splintered planet. Tahedin had warned these Vorox of the upcoming Great Shattering of Spherus Magna and gave them some Great Being technology (armor, weapons), so they gathered many supplies and hid themselves in thence-sealed caves, emerging after a decade or two when the natural phenomenon mostly passed. Once emerged, they found much of the great forests burnt and blown down and the civilizations of Bota Magna destroyed. Velika's warning gave them a head start in civilization when compared to the agori, skrall and jirapa civilizations, which lost most of everything and had to restart from mostly tribal settings. Ages had passed and Velika, along with the rest of his race, had become revered as gods and they passed the word of Velika's blessings and covenant with this people down through the generations. Vorwoud had become a content, technologically advanced nation that isolated itself from the rest of Bota Magna except for great caravan expeditions that would make a one-time trade deal with a deemed-worthy country every hundred years or so and only conquered land when necessary (farming, population growth, industry, etc). Finally, their apocalyptic prophecies came true when their land was placed back into that of Bara Magna and their physical god returned to them. For Jarra Bota, the End Times are now.

Ashylk
A Nealite caravan who had been known to follow a heathen god,

Others
In the full game, there has been a fusion of cultures for some countries between Matoran and Nealite Agori, this fusion adapts the three virtues (and their sub-virtues and vices) to the Gruncharist beliefs, and aesthetically the fusion has created a Late Byzantine and a futuristic Maori hybrid. By this time, many Nealite Earth Tribesmen have gone to the south east to seek new land to be free of foreign influence under their wise ancient ruler Dijiang (probably the least war-like of the Element Lords), founding the Kingdom of Earth; due to their ethnic closeness and their disgruntled by the savage Element Lord of Wind, several Zuunic Ostonigosa have chosen to adopt the ways of Dijiang. There are also races unknown or spoken only in legend by Nealites in the farthest reaches of Spherus Magna, some of them being directly affected by colonial matoran from the island nation of Deit. Some have adopted some of the traditions of these foreigners, but others attempt to push them back to the sea.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Lore

Things will be different from the main canon that I (and probably others) had problems with, mainly being the apparent immortality of the Spherus Magna inhabitants (I was always annoyed by this, as it made no sense to me). Some leaders and characters will be descendants of those we met in 2009, using their name as the name of a royal house (they proved themselves in the Battle of Roxtus and the Battle of Bara Magna). Some Toa and other MU characters might be left out to imply something may have happened to them in the time gap from the end of the Great Being Civil War to future bookmarks. This mod will begin about five (5) years after the New Atero Civil War and be expanded up to two-three hundred years after, the overall game lasting less than a thousand years. Things I have already explored for history files include:
Wars between

-- Establishment of the Glatorianate (Arena System) by Certavus Magnus (600 year before BoBM) not included in-game, but represents year zero)

-- Battle of Bara Magna (BoBM), foundation of New Atero/Ateros Nova (not included in-game but is historically significant)
-- Ateros Nova Civil War (15 years after BoBM; racial divisions orchestrated by Makuta Cult)
-- Numerous minor conflicts caused because of the Ateros Nova Civil War
-- Great Being Civil War (75-100 years after BoBM)
-- While the planet is being invaded, the Skakdi Dominion allied with Makuta Cult, declare war on much of the known world in the name of Makuta Teridax.
-- New Atero (state) is overrun, so agrees to become vassals of Velika's United Spherus Magnan Empire after a coup is performed that overthrows Ackar's family as the ruling family. This causes most Matoran Universe immigrants to take to the seas or unite themselves to seek protection. The Barraki become a formidable foe and is the last MU superpower on the mainland.
-- The Deit island chain is settled by Krakua and the Toa Mahri along with a great number MU immigrants, main island is christened Deit-Nui.
-- The Toa Nuva go deep into Velika's empire to cause disruptions. They end up in space and destroy all Great Being spacecraft.
-- Diet engages in colonialism to spread out the matoran race to increase it's survival in the face of incoming doom.
-- After 25 years, Velika's forces are ready for the amphibious invasion of Deit.

Here is a rough edit of the Bionicle canon (specifically Spherus Magna history) to fit my vision. Further additions and other histories can be found throughout this topic. The calendar system is a 36-hour day, and is split up into Eras, sub-divisions being Ages (if you think this should be switched around, do tell me):

First Era (Creation and Primeval History)

In the time before time, the great and holy potter Grunchar created the universe, molding the planes to his vision with his two hands and letting the choir of his servants, the ahura, shape the realms by denting the figurative clay with sound by his conduction; each plane had it's own composition to fit their purpose. The ahura that were to be his messengers to the mortal plane symbolized different parts of him rather than controlling it (fire, wisdom, light, etc). There were the ahuramagne and then the standard class ahura. The most notable of these ahura were the entities Wairuha and Akamai and the ahuramagne Tuitoito. The unmentioned nimrods abused their gift of sentience, seeking to create their own image in a way where they lack the authority. A duel of tongues lashed as the uproar heightened and half of their kinds splintered off, the rebels eventually outmatched. Faced with the might of the creator, half of them admitted that they were wrong, and so to continue to serve Grunchar's will while being punished, they were sent to the mortal realm and were made into a single collective consciousness in the form of what appeared as glowing mercury. Seas of this 'avhagnu' (later called 'energized protodermis') inhabited not only the center point of Creation, The Great Orb, largest terrestrial arch-realm of the mortal plane, but every arch-realm worthy life as the potter crafted. The Great Orb, christened Spherus Magna in later times, had the most amount. For the rebels that did not apologize and did not see the foolishness in their way of thinking, however, they were to also be sent into the mortal plain, also gathered into a collective consciousness, but were personified as a tar-like substance that spewed forth green gasses. Likewise, the substance later christened 'khargnu' (later referenced as 'natural antidermis') was separated across the mortal plane, to be watched by the protodermic collections and to be publicly humiliated as all sentients will avoid the sight of pure death and stench. The planets themselves were made by the remains of the material essences behind protodermis and antidermis and their battles, motives such as "you made us fall in the first place, why did we listen to you", and "You cowards, admitting wrong were none had any place! We helped make this world you know!". After many a mortal's solstice the remains piled up betwixt the two forces and isolated one from another, the physical remnants being everything physical that mortals sense: some battle in realms far off yonder resulted in their utter destruction, creating asteroids and what-not. It was by means of balance through polar conflict that the composed shaping from earlier became realized in this plane of existence. (This should be noted, that as a reflection of their selves, antidermis corrupts creation because it defies the one who made it, while protodermis serves as means to enact change quickly where it would usually take a long time by the will of Grunchar. Change and destruction are included with this and people using to their own purposes, unless destined otherwise, will most likely be destroyed).

The aforementioned sentients were molded to mortality on their respected arch-realms and were sung life to them and deemed good. On the arch-realm of Spherus Magna, there were The First Ones, or Precursors, as they are nicknamed for lack of better words. At first separated into tribes for thousands of years, a hero amongst the First Ones united the tribes and formed the city-state of Deryana named after himself, Deryani-Qaepa (which roughly translates to Man of the Ocean [who is] like The Sun). For a couple hundred years these precursors isolated themselves from the monstrous wilds of the world near their point of creation in their refuge of civilization in Geneteira (Birthland). Deryani-Qaepa lived to be almost a hundred, and was succeeded by his sons and grandsons six count. (While Geneteira was the most populated area by sentient-kind, it wasn't the only place to have them and some tribes of people traversed to the far reaches of the super-continent.)

The death of the final king resulted in the ascension of a tribal council of all the tribes, where they would elect their representative to the people as High King. The coup was done to lessen the unlimited power that was given to the kings of old. In about 50 years the representative title of the High King faded, and though still elected, he became a monarch proper. Symvoutigis (Land of the Council) rose and the old kingdom of Deryana fell.

However these communion of kings would prove to be more tyrannical then the ones they sought to replace, for in around less then 200 years the Council of Kings began to commune with vats of antidermis, which its very nature began to corrupt them as it twisted nature around them. Soon, antidermis had become their deity. The kings became evil, ordering the delivery of 'fresh' women, the declaration of harsh slavery, and began to have a taste for domesticated animals, dog-like creatures and rat hunters being confiscated to sate their appetite. Then came the finally: the antidermis, which become their advisers in bowls and containers, told them how by absorbing the strength of their own kind and drinking the antidermis could the council of kings and the high king be like them: immortals who bend nature to their whim (of course they couldn't, as the black slime's very existence was based on how it defied it's creator, and so it's presence on the mortal plane tends to somewhat twist that which is a product of). Obeying the declaration of their deity, the immortal voices that dwell in the earth (Antidermis), entire houses and families would be chosen as a sacrifice to their earth(/underground) god, and as they chose themselves to represent Antidermis and be it's instrument, they consumed.

This did not last for long, as after two years of this evil, piled upon other evils, the people rose in revolt, grabbing their shields, sabers and slings, overwhelmed the guards and slaughtered most of the petty kings. The High King at that time along with a few other petty kings surrendered. Some thought it wise to execute them, but the masses pressured for exile, for whatever reason it was. And so it was done. A stable monarchy was reestablished and many remains of the Council of Kings were destroyed, save a for a few that were spared to serve as reminders for what should never happen again. All surrounding vats of antidermis were fought with and burned. Thus fell Symvoutigis. The Kingdom of Deryana rose again  and prospered as Neo-Deryana for the next 1500 years, as the city and it's walls grew in size, dynasties rose and fell, and colonists and brave adventurers went out into the dark and wild world that teemed with great dinosaur-like creatures, mammalian adversaries, and monsters beyond imagination. Over time, Neo-Deryana was not the only settled country in the world.

The remnant of the Symvoutigis, their High King, and blind fools who thought of them as great leaders, went north into the tundra-stricken mountains that bordered the jungles and forests to the north and the growing young civilization down south. into caves they went, and it was there that they found larger numbers of antidermis vats. At the behest of their deity, the former kings and their tag-alongs  adopted a system of survival of the fittest, where the strongest ruled and the very weakest were eaten. Stabilizing themselves, the yirepa, as they now called themselves, began doing monthly night raids on colonies that were near their mountains, kidnapping entire families and looting their homes and crops. As their city of Nyehim inflated with population, the yireppa  moved further north and founded a new city named Yirepzilka in the midst of a small valley. Centuries passed and as the city grew, as did their inhabitants. A thousand years of solitude and corruption via the indigestion of their old kind and antidermis made them into giants, 9-to-11 feet tall in height, the corruptive nature of antidermis also twisted their face, developing underbites with bottom canines growing to large sizes. People had gotten smart since then, and rumors of man-eating giants drove people away from their mountains. The giants became irritable and started to go crazy without the means to end their jittering craving. It was only until a trading caravan went across the mountains in search of good trade would these giants change history: interrogation (and afterwards consumption) proved that legends of a city far south  from where they were were true. Many of these monsters packed up there bags and headed south en masse. A great war erupted between the agori and the yireppa, who the First Ones called jirapa; it ended with the mass evacuation of the city-state of Deryana and other local minor cities, towns and villages, and otherwise a holocaust of cannibalism. The jirapa dominated the land with bloodthirsty conquests. With this ended the First Era and the beginning of the Age of Giants in the Second Era

Second Era (Age of Giants, Greani and the Rise of the Skrall)

Stuff here is basically pre-futuristic tech Bionicle. Lovers of traditional fantasy, enjoy. Was linked to create more room here.

Third Era (Age of the Great Beings, Element Lords and the Core War)
Some info of this era can be found here.

Fourth Era (Age of Anarchy and the Glatorian Age, and the history of the Matoran Universe)

After the Core War from 10,000 years ago, anarchy swept the planet as it was torn into three. Seven thousand years passed in a pan-global dark age. Most suits of armor from the Core-War (which were highly advanced with ancient Near-Eastern aesthetic designs on them) to have been either destroyed by the Shattering or rendered useless a by it. With civilizations having to restart, there would be legends of these suits of armors and only the most worthy of warriors would be able to find and retrieve usable suits of armor and keep them (as a lot of people also wanted these).

During this time in Neala, the ruined city of Tajun had returned to civilization and rose to power. Producing much water, Tajun under the rule of King Geradonus grew from being a kingdom to a hydraulic empire that conquered many other areas that had access to many springs (including Tesse and Arrah). For three hundred years, around 9,000 years after The Shattering, the Tajunite Empire held hegemony over the land, but eventually people mustered the courage to demand free access to water from this foreign yolk. The general of the Kingdom of Atero conducted a coup against his cowardly lord and became king, his name being Certavus (later titled Megas Certavus, and was labelled a Great Hero of Neala, like Greani Ateir and Mata Nui). With the help of Certavus, revolts erupted and a great civil war ensued, the kingdoms and auxiliary towns of Vulkanus, Tesse, Arrah, Atero and other smaller states formed an rebellious state led by Certavus, resulting in the fragmentation of the Tajunite Empire. With the Fall of the Tajunite Empire completed and the rich city of Tajun  Certavus had conquered all of Greater Neala (western half, rest of Neala was held by Vorox, Skrall, and Ostonigosa).

But rather than rule all of Neala as a unified empire, Megas Certavus (ancestor of Grachus Certavus IV the Noble) united the Greater Nealite states into a united economic system, which he christened the Arena System. or the Glatoianate. The Glatorianate is confederacy unified by a bartering system based on the outcome of hired and trained warriors, called Glatorian (a corruption of the word Gladiator, a slave who does the same thing only in death matches, which are outlawed in the Arena System).

Meanwhile 600 years later in Ao-Matoran (or the Matoran Universe), the Toa, in a final war against evil in the Matoran Universe (Destiny War), were tricked by the dark lord Makuta Teridax into helping him overthrow their god Mata Nui. In doing so, this revealed to everyone in the Ao-Matoran that their entire universe was inside the body of a godly robot smaller than the size of Earth as he gloatingly said as such in the face of the Toa while shifting the stars to look like his old face. In case something like this were to happen, the Mask of Life (or Kanohi Ignika) was to suck all life out of the Matoran Universe and render it all barren and lifeless rather then let the forces of shadow win. So, Makuta Teridax, utilizing his new-found godly powers, took the wandering soul of Mata Nui, placed it into the Ignika while it was preparing doomsday, and shot it out into space; before doing that he killed off the rest of his race to ensure that no one will challenge his powers (save one, who was cursed as a painting). Being outside of Ao-Matoran, the Ignika reset it's countdown, returning to a golden state.

50 years before the Great Battle: For the past six centuries the villages of Greater Bara Magna, as these inhabitants came to call the area of the arid, largest remnant of Spherus Magna, lived in peace (aside from the all-too-common Ostonigosa caravan raids and village sieges), and the city-state kingdoms and villages of Neala were economically united under the Glatorianate and there had been peace since the Rise of Certavus. That is, until the Skrall from the Great Mountains to the North came down, forced themselves into the Arena System, and began to win every single match. This upset the balance in the region. It was around this time that individuals such as Akkar, Kiina, and even Gresh rose to fame for the their heroics and aptitude in battle, claiming old Core-War armor as their own, the display of such armor showed their greatness in battle. The last Emperor of the Jirapatine Empire (or as Nealites sometimes called it, the Empire of the Skrall/Basilia ton Skralloi) on Bara Magna, Endleng Reyoi, popularly nicknamed 'Big Tuma' or 'Tuma', saw the Agori weak and sacked and destroyed their sacred city, the ancient capital of Neala and the trading capital of the region, Atero, officially declaring war. Months passed and the Skrall won every field battle. Just as Tuma was readying his skrall soldiers to seize all of Neala, a helm fell from the second heaven, lighting the night sky like day as a bright falling star.

The sacred helm, which commanded life at whim, encased the soul of a fallen god, whom had just been banished due to negligence by a great jealous evil. This fallen hero, Mata Nui, rallied adventurers through trials of humility and courage, ending with the quest to find a Core War suit of armor and his forging of customizations to it. Deemed ready by his tutor and friend Palan Akkarios (or Akkar/Ackar) and together he and his allies defeated and splintered the Skrall Empire, ousting a certain Agori traitor as well. In the week that followed Mata Nui and friends trekked far and wide, and in the north at realm's end then found ruins of the Great Beings and their Great Maze (found in the appropriately named Valley of the Great Beings). In the center of the maze was a clearing that surrounded the Great Volcano, the largest volcano on the planet. Passing more tests and retrieving a a cube-shaped experimental power-source, Mata Nui and a prisoner in the volcano witnessed the Great Volcano shape-shifted (melting into liquid, and rebuilding and solidifying itself) to reveal it's true form: the Fortress of the Great Beings,  it was their old home and was an immense, oddly shaped tower that was connected to four smaller towers via bridges. Mata Nui went inside

Meanwhile, over at Aqua Magna and the Matoran Universe, or Ao-Matoran as the natives called it, Makuta Teridax had since renamed the Matoran Universe as the Ao-Makuta in an ever-prideful display of his power. Over the past year, as Mata Nui traveled to and fro the regions of West Bara Magna, Makuta Teridax had broken the spirit of most of the people he claimed to rule, effectively ruling over them through fear, total domination, and the truth. The Makuta told all of how their guardian Mata Nui was all but, how he took the claim of others' work, ignored his subjects while paying attention to worlds that never knew of his existence, and only payed attention to his subjects when his life was at stake; Makuta Teridax could feel that his destiny was to be a god himself, and outraged that their guardian did little, the Makuta decided to take it upon himself to usurp this 'tyrant' and put in place himself upon that allegorical throne, where he could watch over the people the Matoran Universe and abolish all that was pro-Mata Nui. using his prophet, the faux-turaga Ahkmou, this propaganda had actually swayed half of the Matoran Universe, the other half knew that there had to be more to the story then what was being told but dared not make a peep lest they too be executed for treason against the new regime. The only opposition that remained was the small remnant of the initially universe-wide rebellion: only a couple dozen individuals were left to defy the Master of Shadows.  He did not see them as a threat, and so let them be, toying with them with his evil servants as the Toa and their allies continued in their futile mission.

Makuta Teridax had sensed that the Ignika did not stay in orbit as he planned, rather instead landing on Bara Magna. Teridax did not deem his enemy worthwhile, and spent his days solidifying his rule with crushing attempted rebellions and toying around with defiant heroes. He also began organizing plans to take over the Galactic Universe and the Wall of Stars (matoran names for Outer Space and it's universe), scanning the planets in the local star system and those of others nearby. After a couple of years partially watching him from afar, however, The Makuta's scanners showed the Agori of Neala gathered together and transported pieces of metal from near there village homes, both figuratively and literally uniting their villages and ruined cities under the guidance of Mata Nui and Akkar after the passing of a few years (they were guided by Mata Nui, who he himself was being guided by the Kanohi Ignika's own consciousness). The finished product surprised everyone: it was a giant robot similar to that of the Matoran Universe, just smaller and not as hallow. Seeing that the ant that was Mata Nui could become a threat to his power with such a weapon, he began to ready an invasion force for Bara Magna.

Mata Nui came back from the former site of the Great Volcano with the power-source and the former prisoner, and told the united village that their village was actually a giant robot and that he needed it to reform Spherus Magna back into one planet (or arch-realm as the Agori called it) and that he must defend Bara Magna from his usurper Makuta Teridax. After much debate they grudgingly approved, and with much difficulty Mata Nui was able to transfer his spirit to that of the prototype giant robot. Mata Nui tried to meld Spherus Magna back together before his so-called brother arrived, but t'was for naught, as the Master of Shadows in similar great size arrived, his landing sending greats clouds of dust into the atmosphere. Next that followed was the history-changing and absolutely massive clash known as

the Battle of Bara Magna.

Fifth Era (Modern Day)

The modern era takes shape in the aftermath of the Battle of Bara Magna. Aliens from an alien world (which in itself was crafted and forged on this very planet) immigrated to their new found homes, forcing themselves to live in areas already occupied by agori-kind (and later expanding into races both related and not to the agori). This situation was bound to make some tensions rise between the two worlds, but it was the Makutine who made things more distraught.  The Makutine (mah-koo-tee-nay) is a religious order of followers who believe that Makuta Teridax (to them, just The Makuta) was the legitimate Great Spirit, and they existed back when The Makuta held grasp over the divine throne over all Ao-Matoran (Matoran Universe), or as he called it, Ao-Makuta (Makutaverse). They revere him because no matter how many times he seemingly died, he always returned and used his defeats as victories, all leading to his usurpation of the place of Great Spirit, rendering his predecessor's name to have only a nostalgic effect and thus meaningless. This cult gathered together soon after the Second Great Cataclysm and were able to find their way out of Ao-Makuta and settled themselves upon a mountain, naming the forested land surrounding it New Mangaia.

But before anything major with that happened, some other things need to be brought to attention. One such thing is that after 20,000 years of imprisonment, the protodermic cages that sealed the Element Lords of old gave way to time, and thus the old tyrants were released, continuing their fighting almost immediately out of rage; this stopped after a while, and a decade of peace was verbally promised between them, in the mean time they each settled somewhere and let all know that their specific rulers from the time before time have returned, lost agori slowly flocking back to their ancestral masters. The EL of Sand journeyed south east, sometimes making pockets of deserts and wastes where he went, while the EL of Jungle headed to Bota Magna, and the EL of Water headed to near the shores of the west; the others journeyed apart, but not too far away.

As for the Barraki, those warlords that ruled Ao-Matoran, in ancient times; they were healed by the restoration waves of Mata Nui. Rid of their abominable appearances, they, with the help of the Dark Hunters, reformed their league, naming it the League of Four Kingdoms, with Pridak as their nominated head emperor. With toa helping matoran and other races out of the dying Matoran Universe, Pridak in a most gallant appearance and glad in clean white armor, stood before the immigrants and proclaimed that the rule of the Barraki has continued, and as they were given lordship over all life in Ao-Matoran multiple millennia ago by divine covenant, all should bow before their ancient rulers. The toa protested, saying that they were obviously stripped of this authority when imprisoned for declaring a moot war against their creator. Rather then openly fight after the Battle of Bara Magna, the two agreed that each person should be able to make their choice. Some sided with Pridak, while most made way for Greater Neala and New Atero.

The fifth Barraki, Takadox, betrayed his brothers over 18,000 years ago and was the cause for their imprisonment and later mutation; the LoFK hates him and wished to see him dead, so initially un-allied, he called upon desperate matoran in need for guidance and random mercenaries and trekked past the Caravan Sea to it's eastern shoreline. The sixth member, Carapar, has been dead for less then several years prior to the Battle of Bara Magna, so he is absent for obvious reasons.

In an effort to pursue the harm of the enemies of their god Makuta Teridax while he lived upon the mortal plane, the Makutine followers orchestrated events that would erupt into the Ateros Novan Civil War under the leadership of 'turaga' Ahkmou. Starting approximately 15 years after the Battle of Bara Magna, the Makutine sparked civil strife caused by staged attacks and assassinations found in racial and religious divisions . All grew deaf to the pacifist commands of their hero and god (respectfully) Mata Nui and raised their arms, engulfing the region of Neala in the flames of war, Many factions grew and fought against each other or allied with others and all against the secular Confederation of Neala (which the state of New Atero led and protected). It lasted for only 4 years but it's impact was tremendous, as disgruntled agori traveled to the newly-reestablished despotates of their ancient kings and gods, the Element Lords; and many of the Matoran Universe immigrants went out and joined the Barraki or Takadox, or went to the coast to create new isolated and spread-out villages or towns. New Atero (state) was left in ruins.

The Ackariad (precursor and inspiration for A Rude Awakening)

Deities and similar beings and entities.

Cultures:

Spherus Magna Natives: Except for the beast men of the far corners of the world who have been transformed by either the divine will of Grunchar via protodermis, or the corruptive essence of antidermis, all of Spherus Magna's natives come down from a race of people that are basically humans, and throughout history they have split off into their own groups and races, or even species. Theoretically, they can all interbreed, but it's not pursued that often (except by force, in the case of the resulting Skrall race). Also, after being changed by the Great Beings, they now have nano-augmentations that grow with them and were created to aid the agori by doubling the life-span (instead fo only a century-long lifespan they can now live for two hundred, if they can), and have better survival rates in inhospitable areas (can last without water for a few more days, same with hunger); here are some facial examples from Deus Ex: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5. People born during the reign of the Great Beings in ages past would have been augmented with metallic bone structres once they were in their early twenties, after most of their body had done developing; this was done by a simple procedure, but during the Core War it was turned into a grand ritual were people officially were fully ready for war. As the Great Beings have been absent for a long time, no one now has metallic bones.

-- Nealite Agori: The agori in general appear like humans with the exceptions that they have brown-tinged skin with a trace of either red, blue, or green skin colors. Though they are spread out among much of Spherus Magna, the most known history of the agori comes from Neala. The culture of the agori (both Tall Pisilies and Small Kontes racial variants) of Bara Magna's Neala region is Byzantine, being influenced by both Latin and Greek roots, wearing clamys robes and other simmilar robes over t-shirts and sand-proof pants (these being considered under or middle garments), having access to scarce technology from the Great Beings and the Core War; the greatest warriors are given ancient armor and sometimes vehicles from the Core War, giving them a superior advantage to the mail, lamellar and scale wearing commoners.

Starting mere centuries after the Core War, by savage philosophy of survival of the fittest, despotic chieftains, warlords and early royalties began to breed a noble, tall caste of agori, some sterilizing medium-height agori, and bred small servile agori, and though the dark age has long since passed, it is still a sensitive issue. After the Shattering, many agori borrowed cultural aesthetics from the Ostonigosa and ideas from previously-civilized vorox peoples, adapting desert-proof wear and building to their own; after the Melding this stuff has slowly began to be phased out. Some of the more well known Nealite agori settlements include: Vulkanus, Tajun, Tese, Arah, and Iconox. There are many tribes of agori, who became divided through out history and the ones of common culture were once ruled by respective Element Lords who were appointed by Great Beings prior to the devastating Core War (except for Iron). Known tribes include: Ice, Water, Jungle, Fire, Rock, Sand, Iron, Earth, Wind, Lightning, among others found elsewhere on the planet. The Iron Tribe are separate and integrated into other populations, akin to Jewish peoples prior to the foundation of Modern Israel; some countries will have the option to create a vassalized puppet state that can serve as a new home for the people of Iron, while other ways for an Iron nation to be recreated can be done through colonization and these oft-picked on minorities may seek refuge in far away lands, and maybe something else. Anyway, most of those that call themselves Nealites live in the western-half of Neala, the former borders of the Tajunite Hegemony, and including the White Quartz since the Rise of Certavus, these lands are called Greater Neala for 900 or so years. The east is dominated by savage Ostonigosa bands and khanates in their Ruunic Belt, and the cursed region of the former-Black Spikes has been dominated by the brutal Skrall since their invasion of the region by Tuma, and thus these eastern regions are only counted as being Nealite geographically, and not culturally.

During the Age of Anarchy, there grew a racial-caste system in Neala where the tall would be a higher order than the short, and eventually medium-height regular agori became rare in Neala. For the tall, they became known as the Pisilies, and for the short, they became known as the Kontes. Such practices did not end until Certavus took over Neala and outlawed the ancient tradition from the Glatorianate, and even though it hasn't been practiced in hundreds of years there is still a general lack of medium-height agori in Neala and thus the past of enslavement and oppression is still a sensitive issue (is somewhat comparative to the slavery issue and history in the New World on Earth/Terra). In the modern-day, some tall-short relationships have tested the waters, but it is generally avoided not because of any real reason but out of familiarity with their established groups and the pursuit of such relationships is simply viewed as weird. So, rather than dividing themselves between skin colors, the Nealite Agori have the harmful cultural practice of dividing themselves between the Pisiles and Kontes castes/variants.

-- Element Lords: A year before the Battle of Roxtus, the Element Lords were freed for unknown reasons. The physical gods of old are free, and with the increase of troops and supplies as a result of the New Atero Civil War, they are ready to do as they please. The Element Lords force their subjects to worship them as if they are divine, only since being freed some have actually abandon this and returned to Grunchar (Svartureinn declares himself the avatar of antidermis, so he kind of worships it while still forcefully being worshiped). They also require that each person learn Ancient Agori.

--Matoran: The Matoran are a peculiar culture, carrying both the ancient tribal traditions of pre-enlightened Great Beings into their initial creation and the spread of Mata-Nui (island) Matoran cutlure, and their own culture which has flourished for many thousands of years and is very technology-dependent. They decorate their intricate exoskeletons with tattoo-like paintings; this was initially phased out with Matoran of the northern Matoran universe, the ones of Metru-Nui instead having the top of their masks silver then fade to the masks actual color, but after living outside of Metru-Nui for one thousand years the Matoran of Metru-Nui (or Mata-Nui) went back to their origins and adopted more tribal traditions, and even expanded upon their myths to create a religion based on not only the three virtues given to them by the Great Beings, but virtues for each of their tribes. Since immigrating to Spheros Magnos and having lots of contacts with the non-primal elemental tribes (gravity, lightning, the green, etc), said tribes also developed religious principals based around their tribes and cultures. Most Matoran are hard and diligent workers, taking pride in their work as they labor to please their watchful idol Mata Nui (formally this was done to ensure the body of the Great Spirit survived, but due to it's destruction, it now has a more symbolic meaning to it); Matoran that do not enjoy working are either just plain tired or lazy, or they are destined to become Toa later in their lives, as eccentric Matoran have been known to be chosen ones.

The Matoran are made out of artificial organic protodermis, both hard (both exo- and indo-skeletons) and soft (muscles and organs) variants. They need to have a steady supply of energy, which in ages past was used full 24-hour recharge every several decades, but after living outside the Matoran Universe for a thousand years, the Matoran of Metru-Nui have grown accustomed to gathering energy by food, which they can eat through either their mouths or through small nutrient extractors on the palm of their hands (which they activate by will). These nutrient extractors surround a small little port with weak magnetic properties that enable them to have a limited control over certain devices and tools from the Matoran Universe, like say a staff with a blade at the end, and the blade has many circles, lines various other intricacies that can move to the wielders will like an extension of their nervous system (this bond ceases whenever a matoran wills it; the magnetic properties only work on tools from the Matoran Universe cultures).

Matoran also have to wear masks (kanohi, in their tongue) that act as their face, and without these they begin to weaken until they succumb to a comatose slumber. The masks have a standard shape, but after wearing one for a while a mask begins to develop a soul imprint on it, and the mask slightly changes to conform to the individual, making the mask become more animated and expressive like an organic face; the soul imprint also means that a trace of their metaphysical being is left on it, so by pouring life energy (which every living being has, just the Matoran Universe inhabitants have easier access to it) onto the mask you can completely resurrect the matoran. Certain Matoran have prescribed Destinies that have been written out by Grunchar the Creator (though the Matoran give this credit to Mata Nui, who only recognized prophecies given to him by the Great Beings), and can be transformed into super-powered beings called Toa, whom, once they have fulfilled their destiny, can sacrifice their Toa energy for a greater cause and turn into de-powered Toa called Turaga, who usually use their incredible life experiences as a source of wisdom in guiding Matoran as village and community elders.

-- Jirapa: The Jirapatine Empire (or just Jirapa in-game) is a government that goes back thousands of years before the Core War. It is ruled by a race of giants called Jirapa, which itself means giants in Agori and Matoran; aside from their height (ranging from 9-to-11 feet tall), they are of reddish-brown skin color, large teeth, have strange natural line patterns all over their bodies with each jirapa's pattern being unique, are usually savage and/or brutish (some exceptions, like Milzvilkanor and Tuma), and lastly have a craving for the flesh of sentients (man-eating).

Long ago they met the Agori, and satisfied their hunger upon their warriors, those meek women that were left over were then forced to give them children. This resulted in the 'unholy' creation of the Skrall. Since then, the Jirapa had always been ruling over the Rock Tribe Agori as slave masters and possible eaters and using their unholy spawn as fit warriors for their pillaging armies. Ironically, it would be one of these fit warriors that would begin the decline of the Jirapa Empire, as the legendary Green Skrall, Graeni, started an insurrection based in Neala, freeing many Agori and slaying many giants before being killed by his enemies. The Jirapa race name themselves the Rock Tribe because: the Jirapa see themselves as the spawn of a titanic eldritch abomination that dwells within the mountains or (maybe is) one of the mountains of northern Spherus Magna (Bota Magna region), naming themselves Sons of the Mountain in their mysterious native tongue; to translate easier in the Agori tongue, they went by the name Rock Tribe. In reality, they are devices used by the collective of fallen celestial entities who hate creation, and thus the tar-like natural antidermis is their god. Some time after the Core War, the Jirapatine Empire (which is another name for it) found a way into the Valley of the Great Beings, and were enchanted by the shape of said maze. Myths hold that ultimate power lay inside the mighty volcano that toward forth from the mazes center, so they made the maze their flag in symbolizing that they were a force to be reckoned with. The original flag of the Jirapatine Empire is the same one that Element Lord of Rock Svartureinn except the lines were red rather than white.

By attempting to open the maze, the Jirapa were cut down one by one by the shape-shifting Baterra robots that were inside of the maze until years later the Jirapatine Emperor Tuma was all that was left on Bara Magna. Tumallus sought to conquer Greater Bara Magna, unite the tribes, then use all the combined resources to fight back what he saw as the greater threat. After dueling the exiled god and champion of the Agori, Mata Nui, while injured and losing to him, Tumallus was exiled as was custom; he lived in a cave where he was brought food by those that still honored his nobility and often brought council to his regent Stronius (an Elite Skrall at the time) through written word until he died. Since then, The Jirapatine Empire has been legally under a regency in the eyes of Jirapa-kind under the name of Skrallos, and has been ruled by a dynasty of "regents" that descend down from the mighty warrior Stronius. The Jirapatine Empire can be legally reconstructed (created in-game) once a Jirapa has been put in power. Most Jirapa have been slain, but there are still pockets of these giants still in existence, all of which are located in Bota Magna. Most Jirapa are vassals of the Element Lord of Rock, while some others are still independent and wish to be the Emperor of all Jirapa (which would mean the conquering of the Skrall Kingdom and the slaying of the Element Lord of Rock Svartureinn, yeah good luck fellas).

-- Skrall:  The Skrall are a savage and brutal race with traditions going back to a thousand years before the Rise of the Great Beings and the Core War. They are reddish-brown (more on the brown side) except some rare cases (like Greani Ateir), tend to be naturally athletic and strong, as well brutish and/or savage (again, some exceptions). Because of their origin, they have strange natural line patterns on their skin, except that it is only found on the trorso, back, and upper arms, unlike the jirapa race where the patterns are everywhere. 

In far flung ancient times (a thousand of years before the rise of the Great Beings), there was a Skrall born green named Greani Ateir (Grey-any Ah-tear; his name meaning Green One Not of This World, the latter part only given later in his life), and his initial rescue from his Jirapa father as a baby by his mother (the father did not approve of his skin color and thence was going to commit infanticide via cannibalism). The child grew into a warrior and after slaying his father fought to protect the Agori (both small and tall) from these giants. Greani established a great hold in what is now greater Bara Magna in a region he named Neala; Neala meant new land and was in reference to this being the new home to free peoples after their initial loss of the birthland Geneteira to Jirapa conquerers. He officially named his great hold the Chorios Megali Agora (Great/Mega Village of the Agori) with it's capital being a city named after himself and his vision for the city, Ateiropolis (City of Not of This World, named to show it's grand beauty and scale); thousands of years later it gradually changed to Atero, agori stylize it as Ateros. As it is a mouthful, people after Greani dubbed this state as the Kingdom of Neala / Nealite Kingdom / Neala.  Unfortunately, he was slain in battle when the vassals of the Jirapa Emperor stopped their petty fighting and opted to put down what they saw as strait insurrection from one of their subjects, as Greani was a Skrall; many giants died that day, but the greatest of which had to have been Greani himself. He showed that Skrall, though created by Jirapa, do not have to chain themselves to their will and can make their own destiny. Greani Ateir was one of the few noble skrall to emerge in history, as outside of his family most carry on the brutal traditions of the jirapa (save cannibalism, they're not cool with that). This reputation of brutality gives more noble examples a bad name ("Ugh, you are such a skrall!!").

Now to modern times, the Skrall Kingdom (or Skrall, as they will be called in-game) was unofficially started after the exile of the last Jirapatine emperor Tuma (stylized by agori as Tumallus). His strongest warrior, Stronius, adopted the color of Graeni and gathered a sizable amount of the shattered empire's forces and exacted his revenge by attacking Mata Nui's allies in the Battle of Bara Magna, but once the Makuta's forces were greatly weakened, Stronius saw fit to save his people and withdrew. Afterwards, Stronius, bested his rivals in a brief civil war and claimed imperial authority, changing the colors from Jirapa-red to Greani-green; the signal to change the colors expressed a change in government). Thence also abolishing the treaty made between the traitorous Agori named Metus and the former emperor Tumallus, and had scholarly Agori slaves create a document for him (as he was mostly illiterate) that said that he (and his descendents) was to be emperor until one of the true emperors claims his seat on the throne (notice how he didn't say "until the true emperors return to this realm (realm being the word replacement for planet) or the contemporary ruler advocates the throne for another.

After the Element Lords were freed, they made kingdoms surrounding the Valley of the Great Beings, and after many patriotic Agori flocked to them, they were able to push back the Baterra and formalize their land holdings. The Element Lord of Rock has engaged many wars against the Skrallos Kingdom for what he sees as his rightful throne.

If any Jirapa conquers the Skrall or tensions between these two could be eased, then the two nations can merge to reform the Jirapatine Empire (Only Jirapa, the ancient race of giants, can legally rule Jirapatine Empire without the institutions of regency, as that is what he saw the Skrallite Kingdom to be). As the Element Lord of Rock is a Jirapa and is immortal due to the nature of the elemental armor that has bonded to his body for multiple millennia, he is the perfect choice; there are other Jirapa nations too, but not as powerful as the ELR. If you wish to finalize the death of the Jirapa and cement the eternal rule of the Skrall, then by the memory of Greani that ancient giant must be slain! Only then will the Skrall be totally free to conquer the weaker races.

-- Galynkhun, the Fire People. This 'race' of agori have their origins closely tied to a faith called Galitgel are a people that have adapted to life on steedback and hunting, which has been realized in the form of their medium heights, heightened senses; tribes east of Geneteira practice hunnic cranial deformations and are more wild. These peoples are nomads that have palisade-fenced villages and a few proper settlements throughout their qaghanates. All peoples of Galynkhun descent appear somewhat East Asian in appearance, the people of Vulkanos less so due to intermixing with neighbors. 

The Galynkhun are the remnants of the realm of Ezen Galyn, The Element Lord of Fire. As he was empowered upon his divination by the Great Beings when becoming fire itself, the power-hungry lord eventually fabricated a heresy of the word of Grunchar in order to gain more power. His followers think differently, however, and saw him as their holy prophet. Ezen Galyn declared that the sky was their god, by name of Tsenkher, and that fire was its holy instrument. As he was now fire incarnate, Ezen Galyn was the most holy instrument of all the land and so audibly spoke for Tsenkher. He taught that smoke was the physical manifestation of soul-stuff and that it fed the sky god Tsenkher, and if you purposefully burn that which may be burnt, then you will receive blessings and forgiveness of wrongdoings that haunt one if Tsenkher wills it. Live offerings have a stronger concentration of soul-stuff, sentient sacrifices even more powerful. Those that practice this faith even after The Shattering of Spherus Magna are called Gatherers or Bone Hunters, , Yasnichid in their own tongue and Ostonigosa in the Nealite language. This name comes from the fact that many Bone Hunters are violent nomadic raiders that organize themselves into tribes and khagans and hunt down live sentient sacrifices and use the burnt bones as decoration; though there is a small number of able warriors that do not do that and instead wear the bones of animal sacrifices. There are large carved stone pillar-statue scattered throughout the Ruunic and Zuunic Plains that serve to further concentrate the feeding of soul-stuff to Tsenkher and have a greater chance of tipping fate in their favor. It is a common misconception that all Galynkhun are Bone Hunters, despite the modern relevance of the city-state Vulkanos. There is an emerging practice that the violent people of the Fire Faith are called Bone Hunters, while the peaceful adherents are called Gatherers with a capital G; though this hasn't taken full effect and the two are still interchangeable.

Hundreds of years after The Shattering, the Galynkhun tamed the feral Rock Steeds, Stidrokhs in their tongue, and conquered immense swathes of easily habitable land in the name of their families, bringing non-Galynkhun survivors at their mercy. Many khaganates rose under the names of these families, and under these their arose small differences in speech, most clearly seen with the different ways of spelling 'khagan'. It is only because the eastern villages fell that the far west and far south was able to prepare themselves and stave off Bone Hunter domination. The south eventually fell and succumbed to partial assimilation before they were able to revolt against the nomadic yolk, though the Galynkhun influence remained there permanently. Due to constant fighting with these nomadic invaders, the free villages and city-states of Neala were aesthetically influenced, influences still found in armor today. After the rise and death of the Tesarite hero titled 'Neronikos', Tesara became the main shield against Galynkhun incursions. When Old Tesara fell, many city-states and villages had already been established and together they were able to stave off large-scale invasions except for a handful of times under powerful Chagans.

Larfeia, and the Great Beings

The origins of the Great Beings and the people they once were traces back to the dawn of sentience upon Spherus Magna in Geneteira, the Birthland of Thought. The First Ones were still in small population and they were united under a single patriarch. He was good. His only child and heir, was evil. When he died, the tribe was going to split into two between two siblings as they both claimed to have the right to rule. The older brother wanted to rule like their father, while the younger sister wanted to rule like their grandfather. Each wanted to lead their people, but knew that having groups of allied individuals fight another such group (this idea would later be called 'war')  would leave them open to attack as their numbers were low and monsters ruled the land. So, the two  fought each other in a duel for the sacred staff to rule the tribe. The battle was rough, but it was too evenly matched. The brother demanded a rematch as only one could rule the land. While the sister agreed, she refused a rematch. she instead opted for immigration, and asked if anyone wanted to join her. Those that wanted policies like the grandfather allied with her, but even if they did not many would partake in the journey with her either out of fear of the unknown or age, so only 1/4th of the people followed her.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The link to my Brickshelf Gallery.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=554940

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

This topic brings up some interesting ideas.

Does anyone think that anything we have in relation to the things discussed in that topic should be changed? Do they make more sense, or should we keep what has currently been constructed?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Is Madu still part of the development team?

I am going to say no, as he never responded again after my first few messages with him. In fact, he hasn't popped up on the site at all. I hope nothing bad happened to him.

I got that planet diagram of the sorts finished. You guys want me to also post it in the first topic in case others get confused? I'll also upload an update on the map, and you guys can answer some questions.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

EDIT [12/6/2015]: ***NOTICE:  While much of the depiction of the fragmentation of Spherus Magna is still ARA canon, names such as 'Greater Bara Magna' have since been changed and the topography of the planet shown in this post have since been edited. ***

spherus_magna_before_and_after.png

Ignore the mountain range to the south east, I'm going to remove that.

Aaaaand here is the map update:

spherus_magna_-_map_update_4.3.jpg

I am not sure if I like the far east. It was part of Aqua Magna when it blew out, but when other parts of the planet merged to the bottom part of this aquatic fragment (pun totally intended) it pushed up a formally submerged area. This also caused the water to go to other areas and submerge areas previously surfaced, allowing the surface of the planet to be changed by coasts rather then only seismic and celestial activity (Battle of Bara Magna and Shattering). Anyway, I was thinking of removing this gulf and putting in instead many lakes and seas that could be connected to the main ocean (what was it called before Greg F. revealed Spherus Magna? 'Never ending Ocean'?)

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alright, thanks for the input. I'd also like to hear from Aidan or anyone else before I do anything. I myself am feeling a bit iffy on the far east coast because the gulf kind of has the shape of a creature's mouth.

Was the diagram-thing done well enough? Did it explain well?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hmm, alright I'll try to make a few of those; I think having multiple gulfs/harbors could reduce the appearance of a mouth.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

When I mean Spherus Magna, I mean the whole planet, not just one region. so that flag is the United Spherus is the whole planet, the bara region is the one being shown though.

pure_muscle.png

When I mean Spherus Magna, I mean the whole planet, not just one region. so that flag is the United Spherus is the whole planet, the bara region is the one being shown though.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Is it kind of like the United Nations flag, where it represents the entire globe but only shows Earth from the North Pole-down?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Is it kind of like the United Nations flag, where it represents the entire globe but only shows Earth from the North Pole-down?

*mind blown*

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

*mind blown*

Is that sarcasm I am sensing? Or did you never get the UN flag before?

My mommy always did say that I was special. :bigrazz:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

*mind blown*

No, how the UN flag is the whole world but only shows part of it.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

*mind blown*

No, how the UN flag is the whole world but only shows part of it.

Well, most of the human population and surface land area of earth exists in the northern hemisphere, so I think that's why. i like to joke that the flag is like that because USA and Russia can be seen from there. :P

EDIT: I had an idea: should major rivers be turned into sea provinces (in-land sea variants), so it would look like people could go up rivers and land soldiers more inland? This idea comes from Crusader Kings where major rivers are accessible to pagans (especially vikings) and tribes.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

EDIT: I had an idea: should major rivers be turned into sea provinces (in-land sea variants), so it would look like people could go up rivers and land soldiers more inland? This idea comes from Crusader Kings where major rivers are accessible to pagans (especially vikings) and tribes.

This is a pretty good idea. You would have to figure out which factions can be water-dwelling and which can't. In other words, what factions can build boats?

This is a pretty good idea. You would have to figure out which factions can be water-dwelling and which can't. In other words, what factions can build boats?

All factions can build boats, the most primitive in technology can only build canoes though and they will most certainly die quickly in open ocean.

Since Aidan has the game I want to also hear his opinion on how this would look on the map.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

All factions can build boats, the most primitive in technology can only build canoes though and they will most certainly die quickly in open ocean.

Since Aidan has the game I want to also hear his opinion on how this would look on the map.

So, for example, Matoran would do very well on the water? We know that Ga-Matoran on Mata Nui can build sailboats.

So, for example, Matoran would do very well on the water? We know that Ga-Matoran on Mata Nui can build sailboats.

I would say matoran and other MU races would be the most advanced on the map. As the MU doesn't feature large, expansive oceans, just inclosed seas with a man-shaped archipelago, I doubt they would immediately be ready for long-distant sailing and even more distant colonization. But that's what technology advancement is for! :D If the Lhikan airships could be made in a jiffy, I'm sure stable sea ships can be possible, or would they even be neccesary?

When the game is stable to play as, everything will initially look like it does in the base game: early-modern period mcschnitzel. Afterwards, however, we can all work on creation of custom game sprites. i bring this up because, instead of sea ships, would-ocean based air craft be better visually? Idk, just brainstorming here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I want to implement the Toa Terrain Crawler in some way, like maybe Miserix could have made a few more of them for the Order to revamp. But for what purpose... I'm thinking maybe a national decision where you could implement the usage of these to increase colonization rate (faster rise in colony populations by jetting people across ocean floors. if we can't decide right now, that's fine: the map comes first (that is basically half of the whole game).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I would say matoran and other MU races would be the most advanced on the map. As the MU doesn't feature large, expansive oceans, just inclosed seas with a man-shaped archipelago, I doubt they would immediately be ready for long-distant sailing and even more distant colonization. But that's what technology advancement is for! :D If the Lhikan airships could be made in a jiffy, I'm sure stable sea ships can be possible, or would they even be neccesary?

When the game is stable to play as, everything will initially look like it does in the base game: early-modern period mcschnitzel. Afterwards, however, we can all work on creation of custom game sprites. i bring this up because, instead of sea ships, would-ocean based air craft be better visually? Idk, just brainstorming here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I want to implement the Toa Terrain Crawler in some way, like maybe Miserix could have made a few more of them for the Order to revamp. But for what purpose... I'm thinking maybe a national decision where you could implement the usage of these to increase colonization rate (faster rise in colony populations by jetting people across ocean floors. if we can't decide right now, that's fine: the map comes first (that is basically half of the whole game).

I guess technological advancement makes sense. I was referring to the fact the the Matoran are probably the most seaworthy faction from the start. If you got all of the factions together and said "you need to make a boat", while many groups would be behind, the Matoran probably already built a sailboat. Not to mention the fact that Ga-Matoran are competent sailors in the first place. I'm not entirely sure how this game works, so are there certain advantages to choosing one faction over another? Like "faction x can make technological advancements faster, but faction y has a better army"? 

I guess technological advancement makes sense. I was referring to the fact the the Matoran are probably the most seaworthy faction from the start. If you got all of the factions together and said "you need to make a boat", while many groups would be behind, the Matoran probably already built a sailboat. Not to mention the fact that Ga-Matoran are competent sailors in the first place. I'm not entirely sure how this game works, so are there certain advantages to choosing one faction over another? Like "faction x can make technological advancements faster, but faction y has a better army"? 

Each country has what the game calls "National Traditions", and they are buffs that country starts off with, and in-story accumulated over the years or just the nature of their culture. After that, there are "National Ideas", which are nation-specific buffs that come with the advancement of ideas a player picks, so as the country evolves so do their traditions. Normal ideas are categories that people can pick of their own choosing, depending on how they play and what they want their country's fate to be (humanism, trade, science, religion, etc), and as you invest in a level for each idea, your national ideas slowly become unlocked.

For better explanation, you can look here, or better yet try out the demo on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoglrkepEw

And for Civilization players out there, I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9vPgNAqzY

(All the preceding links have been linked as I haven't watched them so I do not know if 'curse words' are featured or not)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Each country has what the game calls "National Traditions", and they are buffs that country starts off with, and in-story accumulated over the years or just the nature of their culture. After that, there are "National Ideas", which are nation-specific buffs that come with the advancement of ideas a player picks, so as the country evolves so do their traditions. Normal ideas are categories that people can pick of their own choosing, depending on how they play and what they want their country's fate to be (humanism, trade, science, religion, etc), and as you invest in a level for each idea, your national ideas slowly become unlocked.

For better explanation, you can look here, or better yet try out the demo on Steam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoglrkepEw

And for Civilization players out there, I hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK9vPgNAqzY

(All the preceding links have been linked as I haven't watched them so I do not know if 'curse words' are featured or not)

In that case, Matoran should have the National Tradition of extreme adaptability or skills in everything.

Now not so fast. Most matoran in the MU lived rather primitively, living in huts, and at most stone fortifications. The most readily advanced areas would have been  the islands of Metru-Nui, Artakha, and the settlements on Destral and Daxia; not to mention the every-now-and-then charging station and protodermis chute (plus it's adjacent control panel(s)). Everything else is just stone-carved temples and buildings, faux wooden buildings, etc., with technology below the surface or hidden behind things. Science-Fantasy genre at it's best. If you want to see the the height of the more primitive sides of the MU (besides the chutes and other small things), take a look at the ruins of Nan Madol, and other pacific islander ruins.

It should also be more interesting to note that the Matoran lacked the wheel, they instead did everything by themselves, round tree logs, or arthropodic leg movement (for the more advanced variants); this going off of the interviews with people who made the original Bionicle films. I'm not sure if many other races had discovered the wheel. I know Avak did, he used it in the creation of his motorcycle (which was later taken from him by Antroz in a battle). If the wheel had not been around the MU beforehand, then that means that Avak invented the wheel. :lol:

The more advanced MU areas and their inhabitants could help speed up progress with the rest of the MU inhabitants. This makes me wonder if there should be two MU technology levels.

Adaptability? Not sure if that is a buff. I'll go see what is appropriate when EU IV is done updating on me (my slow internet connection means that this has been going on since last Monday/Tuesday; almost done though) by going into the custom country designer.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I didn't mean so much as being technologically advanced as much as I meant adaptable and hardy. The Matoran faction, if I'm not mistaken, refers to all Matoran, so that's a race with essentially every element possible. Therefore, as technology advanced, there would be certain Matoran that would better at certain things. For example, if flying machines were developed, Le-Matoran would already be adapted and well suited to piloting them.

EDIT: you posted while I was typing.

Edited by Toa Vanson

Hmm. Then once EU IV is finished updating I will check out what suits the matoran race the best. i can name a tradition called "Matoran Adaptability", but I will have to check and see how that can translate into the game. Each country gets two National Traditions, have any ideas for a second one? I was thinking of something like "Toa Assistance", and having defense bonus (as I doubt Toa will agree to the invasion of land and killing other people).

Despite what I have said previously, I think that for ease of communication I recommend getting the demo for this game and looking around. When I had the demo, I played as Venice starting in 1444, got exploration ideas, took a province from Morocco and later colonized St. Helena by 1492 (which is when the demo ends). :lol: Lets see what you can do!  *evil laugh* :evilbiggrin:

EDIT: Apparently. Paradox did too much stuff when updating the EU IV. The game is crashing for everyone at the moment. In a couple of days their should a hot fix ready to go.  I am a bit peeved that after waiting almost a week to play my game, it does not work. *sigh* Oh well. :confused:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

anymore updates on things we're working on?

Not really an update, but I wanted to know if major rivers should be accessible to ships, just like Crusader Kings II (only this time available to everyone, not just pagans and tribes). How do you think this would look like on the map? Vanson said that he thought that was a good idea, but you have the game and i wanted your opinion on it based on that.

I ask this because the Skrall River from Faber's map of the area of Bara Magna seems pretty huge near the sea, and this decision is vital to the development of the map.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Not really an update, but I wanted to know if major rivers should be accessible to ships, just like Crusader Kings II (only this time available to everyone, not just pagans and tribes). How do you think this would look like on the map? Vanson said that he thought that was a good idea, but you have the game and i wanted your opinion on it based on that.

I ask this because the Skrall River from Faber's map of the area of Bara Magna seems pretty huge near the sea, and this decision is vital to the development of the map.

I have no problem with rivers, ADD THEM IN. besides, that giant sea that was once of Bota Magna had HUGE rivers and deltas, so why not?

pure_muscle.png

I have no problem with rivers, ADD THEM IN. besides, that giant sea that was once of Bota Magna had HUGE rivers and deltas, so why not?

Giant sea? What are you talking about exactly?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Giant sea? What are you talking about exactly?
The sea on the UBM (united bota magna) flag. Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Apologies for the lack of inactivity (music is being worked on) but I'd like to announce that I'll be on a brief six day hiatus starting tomorrow until Saturday as I'll be at scout camp. 

Good to know. I think I'd also like to announce a brief hiatus from Bionicle in general. I need to take a break or else I'll burn out of it; I'd rather not abandon this project. :D I'll come back and post a message when my interest has peaked again.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png