krakua_flag_2.jpg

Choose which one you like the most.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

mine is now over.

Hey Vanson, any songs in the works?

I do. Two, in fact. One is definitely going to take longer, so expect them in about  5 -10 days maybe. 

Here are two Designs for the Matoran Colony guarded by Krakua

Design 1

krakua_flag_1.jpg

Design 2

krakua_flag_2.jpg

Choose which one you like the most.

I like the first one more, personally. It would look even better if the edges of the Mata Nui stone lined up with the Hau, if that makes sense.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I'm still into other interests at the moment, but I thought I would stop by.

Between the two, number two seems better IMO, but to be honest neither of them are bringing it in for me. Krakua may be the island's defender, but I don't know if the matoran would make him their flag; surely he'd be more humble than that.

I had an idea the other day: when I get into a Bionicle-groove, I was thinking of making custom flag holders in the upper left corner, maybe the flag would look like it was painted onto an old slate of rock and would appear a bit faded. Much more appropriate in my opinion than the Early Modern European-style shield design.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We ready to start some more work on the project? ( if you're still on break Iaredios, you don't have to work on it yet )

I've updated the flag;

krakua_flag_3.jpg

I've names the island Gan-Deit

It's apart of the Deit Island chain

the other islands are

Ul-Deit

Dru-Deit

Lon-Deit

Bu-Deit

Yt-Deit

and than the main island of Deit

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Where is this island chain on the world map? If it isn't I'd be more then happy to add it to there.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Where is this island chain on the world map? If it isn't I'd be more then happy to add it to there.

I've placed where it is on the map (the size can change) it looks like total ###### I know but at least I tried (I am NOT good with calligraphy)

map_with_deit.jpg

I just had an idea.... PIZZA ICE CREAM....

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I just had an idea.... PIZZA ICE CREAM....

What about cheesecake pizza?

Or cheesecake ice cream on pizza?

pure_muscle.png

I made this song in like 10 minutes. It sounds very Gypsy or Russian even. Is it of any use here?

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard/s-spdwG

It needs a little flute and a little but of an echo effect here and there.

But like a flute or two in the background.

It sounds a tiny-little bit Sicilian to me, it may work for the Deit islands. Or just some island colony in general, perhaps one of the element of stone, plasma or even iron.

Or if Nova Atero was split into it's individual states this would be a stone theme.

UPDATE:

I had to get this off of my chest, I have updated the UBM Flag to make it more fertile and less desert, also I've added an ice cap and a more detailed ocean and thick branching rivers, also a crater in the ocean just because.

united_bota_magna_flag_2.jpg

Hey um Iaredios if you drop off the face of the earth (like all fan project seem to be cursed by) than I'll continue the project, I'm NOT going to let this fall to the same grim curse that so many other fan projects have died to before, I will break that curse and make sure that there is at least someone working hard to keep projects like this alive if such circumstances arise. And, I am such someone.

UPDATE:

I've added the island chain to the map (you're welcome Iaredios)

map_with_deit_islands.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I made this song in like 10 minutes. It sounds very Gypsy or Russian even. Is it of any use here?

It sounds a tiny-little bit Sicilian to me, it may work for the Deit islands. Or just some island colony in general, perhaps one of the element of stone, plasma or even iron.

Or if Nova Atero was split into it's individual states this would be a stone theme.

Better? https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-1/s-sIcTV

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

Much better, but I feel like a tiny bit more drum and a few flutes in the background for the first portion of the song would make it even better (but I mean deep in the background, just to add a little touch more) and have the flutes slowly fade out when the Oboe starts playing. (and by flutes I mean a medieval sort of sounding flute and or tin whistle) and when the flutes have faded out add a little bit more drum during the oboe and harp section. and towards the very end add a little bit of maraca.

(I'm sorry if it seem like I'm ordering you around, just making suggestions)

But now I really want to know what that sounds like, why did I ever ask?

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Much better, but I feel like a tiny bit more drum and a few flutes in the background for the first portion of the song would make it even better (but I mean deep in the background, just to add a little touch more) and have the flutes slowly fade out when the Oboe starts playing. (and by flutes I mean a medieval sort of sounding flute and or tin whistle) and when the flutes have faded out add a little bit more drum during the oboe and harp section. and towards the very end add a little bit of maraca.

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-2/s-cjMQD

I don't mind if you're telling me what should or shouldn't be in the song. If I work on something for a long time, I basically forget what sounds good and what's unique, so I either need to a. take a break from working on this song or b. get an opinion from someone with fresh ears.

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/the-bard-2/s-cjMQD

I don't mind if you're telling me what should or shouldn't be in the song. If I work on something for a long time, I basically forget what sounds good and what's unique, so I either need to a. take a break from working on this song or b. get an opinion from someone with fresh ears.

Fresh ears, like these ones?

corn.png

Okay NOW its absolutely perfect!

I have an idea! you make a bunch of songs and I'll tell you what they need to be improved.

Infact this could be the theme of the Deit island chain!

Also what do you think of the map with the Deit island chain on it?

UPDATE:

I have made the Deit island more defined and I've added a few tiny islands in the ocean surrounding it.

spherus_magna.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Sweet. I made this song as an idea snippet a while back and I'm not sure if it really has any use here. https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/ara-draft/s-ZBcks

###### Yeah! it sounds like something from Maze of Shadows (the game, GBA) than is turns to something that would belong in Bionicle Heroes (GBA)

I feel like a bit more instramentle material during the bepidy-bopity part would make it great! also increasing the ambiant reverb a bit during that part would add a little bit more character too it!

Whelp, I amnaged to get into contact with Madu and he said that he is currently on vacation but he has gotten himself a full time job so... That answer the questions.

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

pure_muscle.png

I need some clarification, is there still desert on Bara Magna? Because I think the Vorox would be out-of-place if there wasn't a desert.

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

Alright guys. I am in the middle of playing through the Half-Life series, but I think my hiatus is drawing to a close. Once I'm done with these games this mod will have my full attention: the possibility of having a new member has made my interest rise, so thanks Motosoya for unintentionally doing that. :P (also I think I've been away from Bionicle in-general long enough)

I need some clarification, is there still desert on Bara Magna? Because I think the Vorox would be out-of-place if there wasn't a desert.

The Bara Magna that was featured in 2009-2010 has since been revitalized and renamed to 'Korta Magna', which means 'Great Grasses'. There is still a single large desert, existing because there are no rivers or sizable bodies of water, and much of the area is going to be a wasteland. The areas that are much more inland but feature rivers vary from nice green grass to arid steppes (depends on river frequency). Map is still being worked on so I am thinking of adding some mountains and later on more deserts.

I have had something that I have been toying around with in my head for months: the Element Lord of Sand migrates from the northern mountains and across the super-continent to find a more isolated area to rule, and along the way he would have created deserts. This would only work for a game start of about a century after the Battle of Bara Magna, unless the game starts with the ELS having already done that in the couple-to-few years after the Battle of Bara Magna. What do any of you guys think?

@Aidan

I'd recommend making your main island smaller, there is already a size-able island to it's east (in fact I kind of thought that island might be the island fortress, but I realize it might be too far away from the main Matoran countries.

I am going to be honest and say that I still don't really like the flag of the island(s) that much later on Krakua defends, though I do like the diagonal black patterns.Putting his face on a flag doesn't seem like something a toa should do, it screams of pride (maybe if he was dead and it was a way of honoring him, but he isn't).

@Vanson (second song)

That was quite awesome! It is welcome to the project and I think people would await to hear this song (when finished) while playing,

"Man, I'm getting tired......" *song starts to play* "...Screw it, let the armies continue with their advancements! ____ WILL FALL BEFORE THE ____! *jams to music*"

I know you said it's just a draft, but it's a pretty cool one. Spice it up a bunch and it should be prefect. Thanks for going off of MNOLG like I suggested, it is turning out great. When the beats arrive, it actually reminds me of the Bionicle: The Game trailer music (gosh I watched that so much as a kid). I will await for later versions to come up for a name (if no one else can come up with one before that, even yourself).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

is this good?

deit_flag.jpg

UPDATE:

I've made the islands quite a bit smaller

Before

spherus_magna.jpg

After

sperus_magna_with_deit.jpg

pure_muscle.png

I think I would like the flag more without the other picture (Mata Nui stone) in there. It honestly feels forced and out of place. :confused:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I think I would like the flag more without the other picture (Mata Nui stone) in there. It honestly feels forced and out of place. :confused:

The stone is there to represent that it's a colony and not it's own nation.

Near-finished (or finished if you wish) map with Deit

spherus_magna_map.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

My usage for the term 'colony' is loose. It is not the byproduct of any specific country but a group of people, sort of like Achaeans (flexin' my Homeric here) colonizing south Gaul and south Sicily, or Phoenicians going to Carthage and elsewhere. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :)

Thanks for the map edit, I'll implement it before starting Half-Life 2. I've already made some more map edits myself (including a naval-accessible Skrall River). When enough has been done (in my eyes) I'll post an update.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

(this is off topic) Y'know what I hate? Scareware.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but stuff like that is considered spam. :confused: I'm alright with you doing silly things like that, but only if it is accompanied by on-topic subject or is based off of something related or mentioned, like the corn ears, that was funny. Trust me, I'm random too: I have written posts where I'd depict that I have multiple personalities, and a few years ago I spent a whole month writing only in rhymes. I get all excited to see new content or questions and instead I only see a post about cheese and what not, and it's disappointing. :(

Now, speaking of cheese, my favorite is pepper-jack.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but stuff like that is considered spam. :confused: I'm alright with you doing silly things like that, but only if it is accompanied by on-topic subject or is based off of something related or mentioned, like the corn ears, that was funny. Trust me, I'm random too: I have written posts where I'd depict that I have multiple personalities, and a few years ago I spent a whole month writing only in rhymes. I get all excited to see new content or questions and instead I only see a post about cheese and what not, and it's disappointing. :(

Now, speaking of cheese, my favorite is pepper-jack.

The only reason why I brougnt it u was because last night I ran into it on my mac (and since mac generally can't get viruses I got extremely scare) but since Scareware isn't spyware or a virus (It's a form of Malware) it didn't do, well... anything really.

so other than that, y'got anything to share?

pure_muscle.png

Will the provinces containing the Great Spirit robot be wasteland, split between provinces, or one big province containing the robot?

I also converted a bunch of my flags into 128x128 EU4/CK2 compatible ones. Here you go http://imgur.com/a/Iymi9

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

UPDATE:

This took me some time of brainstorming and experimenting to see what looked good but I think it's finally done

Deit Flag

deit_flag_2.jpg

The outer portion represents their safety, the inner chain looking portion represents their security, the column looking portion represents their stability, the 7 symbols in the circular shape represents the 7 islands, their wealth, and it's also suppose to mimic the makoki stone, the blue represents the sea and their isolation while the red represents their ferocity towards invaders and their enemy's, and the four black shapes represent their diplomatic reach across the four corners of the globe.

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

@Vanson (second song)

That was quite awesome! It is welcome to the project and I think people would await to hear this song (when finished) while playing,

"Man, I'm getting tired......" *song starts to play* "...Screw it, let the armies continue with their advancements! ____ WILL FALL BEFORE THE ____! *jams to music*"

I know you said it's just a draft, but it's a pretty cool one. Spice it up a bunch and it should be prefect. Thanks for going off of MNOLG like I suggested, it is turning out great. When the beats arrive, it actually reminds me of the Bionicle: The Game trailer music (gosh I watched that so much as a kid). I will await for later versions to come up for a name (if no one else can come up with one before that, even yourself).

Awesome. The Ga-Koro battle scene was my inspiration for this one. What do you think of the first one?

I guess since everyone else is doing their drafts, ideas etc. in the topic itself, I guess I should do so, too. Here's a playlist of all of the songs I have so far: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/sets/ara-music/s-t2QLV One of the songs on here (the Makutine theme) has only been heard by Iaredios, so it's new to everyone else.

UPDATE:

This took me some time of brainstorming and experimenting to see what looked good but I think it's finally done

Deit Flag

deit_flag_2.jpg

The outer portion represents their safety, the inner chain looking portion represents their security, the column looking portion represents their stability, the 7 symbols in the circular shape represents the 7 islands, their wealth, and it's also suppose to mimic the makoki stone, the blue represents the sea and their isolation while the red represents their ferocity towards invaders and their enemy's, and the four black shapes represent their diplomatic reach across the four corners of the globe.

Now THAT is an awesome flag! Great work!

@Vanson (second song)

Awesome. The Ga-Koro battle scene was my inspiration for this one. What do you think of the first one?

I guess since everyone else is doing their drafts, ideas etc. in the topic itself, I guess I should do so, too. Here's a playlist of all of the songs I have so far: https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/sets/ara-music/s-t2QLV One of the songs on here (the Makutine theme) has only been heard by Iaredios, so it's new to everyone else.

Is the first one the one called The Bard?  Hmm, it does reflect the agori I guess, but it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the others. Maybe some sort of an electronica beat? Not sure... I knew the SM natives were going to be tricky to capture in terms of music. :confused:

Montosoy9 has made a couple of flags that I like, so please say hi to our newest member. :D

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I don't know if you noticed or not but I updated the flag of Luneah a little while back

This has been bothering me for quite some time though I have been either to shy or to lazy to ask

could you change the name of the Zyglak nation of Olipma to Oliimpa please?  :begging:

Here is an update to the Elemental Lord of Earths flag

The beings at the top represent the beings that walk on te land as well as their enemy's

eloe_flag.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

Welcome to the team, Montosoy9!

Is the first one the one called The Bard?  Hmm, it does reflect the agori I guess, but it doesn't seem to fit the theme of the others. Maybe some sort of an electronica beat? Not sure... I knew the SM natives were going to be tricky to capture in terms of music. :confused:

Montosoy9 has made a couple of flags that I like, so please say hi to our newest member. :D

Yeah, I was having trouble with the name. I kind of imagined this as some sort of folk music for some Agori.

I don't know if you noticed or not but I updated the flag of Luneah a little while back

This has been bothering me for quite some time though I have been either to shy or to lazy to ask

could you change the name of the Zyglak nation of Olipma to Oliimpa please?  :begging:

The beings at the top represent the beings that walk on te land as well as their enemy's

eloe_flag.jpg

Alright, thanks for the flag updates. :D

I think I've mentioned this before, but Olimpa or Oliipma sounds a bit too close to Olympia. I admit, Zaeglakna sounds too Hellenisti/Agori-like for it, so a better name would be welcome, but that other ones sound like a well known geographic location.

Yeah, I was having trouble with the name. I kind of imagined this as some sort of folk music for some Agori.

After the first sentence, the rest was about the song itself. Sorry. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

eloe_flag.jpg

Alright, thanks for the flag updates. :D

I think I've mentioned this before, but Olimpa or Oliipma sounds a bit too close to Olympia. I admit, Zaeglakna sounds too Hellenisti/Agori-like for it, so a better name would be welcome, but that other ones sound like a well known geographic location.

After the first sentence, the rest was about the song itself. Sorry. :P

Ah, I see.

Has anyone else noticed that this topic has 18,000 views?

EDIT: Misread! Nearly 20,000 actually!

Edited by Toa Vanson

Probably the same 6 people. :P  I too have noticed that, but I personally discourage unnecessary pride so I have been barely acknowledging it; rejoice if y'all feel like it. :P I'm glad people find interest in this though.

So, does anyone have anything to say about the brief history I've made for Aidan's islands of Deit? (Can be found in the front page under matoran colonies.)

Also, I'll be working on flags for the four main cities of old Bara Magna from 2009 (the fifth one, Roxtus, is in ruins and partially under the GSR). Montosoy has made some flags for minor agori nations.

I was planning to make countries with Aterite have the official governmental 'religion' be secular, while individual provinces and countries belonging to this c could belong to their respective religion. With that though, how the HRE function of New Atero work? The Kini-Nui will belong to the Mata Nui affiliated branch of matoran faith (rather, instead of ones that give patronization to Artakha or follow the Barraki's version), which will be different from the secular 'religion'. I am not sure how to make a compromise.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Probably the same 6 people. :P  I too have noticed that, but I personally discourage unnecessary pride so I have been barely acknowledging it; rejoice if y'all feel like it. :P I'm glad people find interest in this though.

So, does anyone have anything to say about the brief history I've made for Aidan's islands of Deit? (Can be found in the front page under matoran colonies.)

Also, I'll be working on flags for the four main cities of old Bara Magna from 2009 (the fifth one, Roxtus, is in ruins and partially under the GSR). Montosoy has made some flags for minor agori nations.

I was planning to make countries with Aterite have the official governmental 'religion' be secular, while individual provinces and countries belonging to this c could belong to their respective religion. With that though, how the HRE function of New Atero work? The Kini-Nui will belong to the Mata Nui affiliated branch of matoran faith (rather, instead of ones that give patronization to Artakha or follow the Barraki's version), which will be different from the secular 'religion'. I am not sure how to make a compromise.

What the H are you talking 'bout with the pride thing, and the 6 people thing?  :gahlok: Wat the wat!?! (the Gahlok shield is mean't to represent an arrow)

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png

What the H are you talking 'bout with the pride thing, and the 6 people thing?  :gahlok: Wat the wat!?! (the Gahlok shield is mean't to represent an arrow)

6 people thing is a joke. I'm undermining it. Go with it. :P And the pride thing is just personal: the project is not finished (to at least the first bookmark), so I feel undeserving of praise and I do that willingly. It is only once I get to a certain point that I can then pat myself on the back and either continue or go on to other things.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

okay, we got anything new that we have made?

Also, once I'm done with flags I would like to work on advisor portraits and event pictures.

If anyone is curious here are some examples;

Advisor portrait example:

Advisor_Army_Organiser.png

Event Picture example:

RHHaN9M.jpg

Edited by AidanBionicle1

pure_muscle.png