I mean I was always thinking that the empire of luhneah would first be form from the original three tribal kingdoms and would eventually spread out and include more smaller kingdoms and provences from there, starting small and growing over time, eventually having the ability to change their flag from a primitive one to a more modernized one. As for the USM that is for FAR into the future (like 4822 in our timeline far in the future) so it should be a concern for here.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The game will last less than a thousand years, maybe even a full on millenium. That is a long time. Look at what transpired between Zero Year and the first millenium after the coming of the Christ, or another examples, the foundations of the Holy Roman Empire back in the 800's to it's fall by Napoleon Bonaparte in the 1800's.

Bionicle was able to get away with large passing of time because much of the story focused on nigh-immortal biomechanical hobbits and their guardians, and the viewers could have been able to go with their perspective and sense of time. Once they introduced human-like beings the passing of time should be viewed through mortal eyes. Then we can truly see how timeless these beings are once Ackar and his grandchildren pass away in-game and Tahu and Helryx are still able-bodied and for centuries further lest they get killed.

Huh, that just gave me a thought of a religious practice for the Matoran: Once one of them dies, they will burn the body and empty the ashes and metal pieces in the ruins of the Matoran Universe, so as you will be traversing through the corpse of a (giant) body, so too will you breathe the ones that once lived there. Kanohi will be kept and placed on carved pedestals in a necropolis located below the Kini-Nui. just vague ideas, anyone here want to help me flesh it out?

ANYWAY, should a new flag for Luhneah be made? Because we can implement a national decision game-mechanic where if you meet the requirement, Luhneah can modernize itself via the creation of a new country (only way to be able to switch flags).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

My idea was that luhneah prior to the inclusion of the new flag would have been called the Lunean Empire, or the Empire of Luhneah, and once the new flag was in place it would simply be called Luneah, much like Ireland was called the Republic of Ireland and now is simply called ireland due to it's indapendence from great britain (discounting northern Ireland that is)

pure_muscle.png

Empire or any governmental type should be avoided in a name as the player/A.I. is able to change their government (though it is sometimes hard and tedious).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

okay, heres the a new idea, before the player (or AI) reforms Luhneah, they first must reunited the original three tribal kingdoms. But, instead of forming Luhneah, since they are much weakened they become the weaker Duchy of Lune, which can incorporate the tribe of Codehnta, but in order to take the other two tribes, they must do it through war (Chohba and Naxkonju) Chohba will be easier than Naxkonju to take over, but they are protected by Vorwoud and other followers of Velika, (Chohba is also a follower of Velika, it also won't be easy to take them over, so having allies would help) however when taking down the Naxkonju they will need help from Nova Atero and other Agori tribes. once these enemy's are all taken over the Empire of Luhneah can finally be reformed.

Also, along with other vorox tribes I was thinking that the one to reform them into a mighty empire would be Vorwoud.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

The idea to unite vorox under a single banner will most likely not happen and is a decision for human players. The closest thing to that happening is if the Element Lord of Sand does it, as he is the most likely to gain lordship over his old vassals as most vorox are primitive and tribal making them for easy game. Vorwoud is bound to 'Velika' as they worship him as a physical god, so I am not sure they would pursue the unison of their race unless done so by a human player, not to mention Vorwoud is farther away from most other vorox.

The rest sounds good to me. Being picky here, but remember the feudal order: baron, count, duke, king, then emperor. I think it would be Kingdom of Lune if it were to degrade from being an empire.

Oh, and could I make a flag for Element Lord of Earth? I just noticed that the symbol you have for it is the same as the one the onu-matoran use, and that's a no-no.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The idea to unite vorox under a single banner will most likely not happen and is a decision for human players. The closest thing to that happening is if the Element Lord of Sand does it, as he is the most likely to gain lordship over his old vassals as most vorox are primitive and tribal making them for easy game. Vorwoud is bound to 'Velika' as they worship him as a physical god, so I am not sure they would pursue the unison of their race unless done so by a human player, not to mention Vorwoud is farther away from most other vorox.

The rest sounds good to me. Being picky here, but remember the feudal order: baron, count, duke, king, then emperor. I think it would be Kingdom of Lune if it were to degrade from being an empire.

Oh, and could I make a flag for Element Lord of Earth? I just noticed that the symbol you have for it is the same as the one the onu-matoran use, and that's a no-no.

well, it's just a place holder really, I wasn't really inspired when I made that one.

pure_muscle.png

well, it's just a place holder really, I wasn't really inspired when I made that one.

Alright, thanks. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I tried to make a flag for Kebewa, But I simply couldn't. I can't sketch with a mouse to save my life. plus I had no clue just how to make it look so, I just wound up looking really like ######.

I tried to make it look sort of like how the Jarraradat flag looks (the one that Iaredios made) and it just didn't work, unlike deserts and volcanos I didn't have a clue for what an earthy scene would look like.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I tried to make a flag for Kebewa, But I simply couldn't. I can't sketch with a mouse to save my life. plus I had no clue just how to make it look so, I just wound up looking really like ######.

I tried to make it look sort of like how the Jarraradat flag looks (the one that Iaredios made) and it just didn't work, unlike deserts and volcanos I didn't have a clue for what an earthy scene would look like.

I have an idea in mind...

They (the Earth Tribe of Neala) are primarily based on agriculture and ranching, as they have to do with good hearty soil, not to mention it is such a part of their traditions as they are/were slaves to Skrall and Jirapa-kind for thousands of years. The black is symbolization of both black soil and Jirapa and Skrall-based traditions (which they themselves go back to their association with natural antidermis; see under Lore on the first page).

kebewa.jpg Element Lord of Earth, Kebewa

As a personal frame of reference so I do not have to keep switching between pages...

jarraradat_flag.jpg Element Lord of Sand, Jarraradat.

As an FYI, I will be trying to base other more-powerful Element Lord flags (main six) on that of Shah Jarraradat. Others (Earth, Wind, Lightning, etc) will be more 'fancy'. Not sure why, it's just what I am doing. Kebewa's flag was only made this detailed so that it would look less like a baseball diamond (which my initial design made it seriously look like one)

EDIT:

I made a flag for the formable nation, the Hand of Artakha. Tell me how you guys like both this and the flag for the EL of Earth.

hand_of_artakha.jpg

EDIT 2:

Updated the lore and some nation summaries. Also updated the New Atero flag (Note, I just had some ideas, so this flag is not final; I feel that the agori are not getting much representation in this flag):

ateros_nova_flag2.png

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have made an updated flag for the Elemental Lord of Ice to go a long with the others.

new_eloi.jpg

The symbol in the middle is called the Crest of Frost, and is only given to the highest ranked members of the empire (Generals, Warriors, Artists, Poets, Writers, ect.)

EDIT: I have made an updated version of the Element lord of Fire's flag.

new_elof.jpg

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I have made an updated flag for the Elemental Lord of Ice to go a long with the others.

new_eloi.jpg

The symbol in the middle is clled the Creast of Frost, and is only  given to the highest ranked members of the empire (Generals, Warriors, Artists, Poets, Writers, ect.)

I was wondering were everyone went. :P

Glad to see we are keeping with the oriental floral pattern here. That snowflake in the middle is awesome! How long did it take you to make that? I gotta say, I am going to miss the other flag, him being the mountain and it having eyes suited it more then the other ones did.

I am am pending if the EL of Fire's (Tyran'fotius) should be changed. I've always thought he would display himself on the flag in one way or another, be it my old (terrible) flag or your redition of it. I'll see if I can merge the flaming undead skull with something that sticks to the current trend.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

new_eloi.jpg

The symbol in the middle is clled the Creast of Frost, and is only  given to the highest ranked members of the empire (Generals, Warriors, Artists, Poets, Writers, ect.)

I was wondering were everyone went. :P

Glad to see we are keeping with the oriental floral pattern here. That snowflake in the middle is awesome! How long did it take you to make that? I gotta say, I am going to miss the other flag, him being the mountain and it having eyes suited it more then the other ones did.

I am am pending if the EL of Fire's (Tyran'fotius) should be changed. I've always thought he would display himself on the flag in one way or another, be it my old (terrible) flag or your redition of it. I'll see if I can merge the flaming undead skull with something that sticks to the current trend.

It took me probably about 40 minutes to an hour to finish the snowflake pattern.

Also, I have updated the ELOF flag, so no need to worry. Just tell be what you think of it and what I should change or possibly add.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Well I liked the previous red background for starters. The helmet is kind of growing one me. The four designs could use some work though.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Well I liked the previous red background for starters. The helmet is kind of growing one me. The four designs could use some work though.

The background is still a WIP.

UPDATE: Heres the newly updated flag of the element lord of Fire

new_elof_2.jpg

I have also made one with a brighter tone of red, if you guys feel like that would work better instead.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I am loving the design surrounding Tyran'fotius, though I am unsure about the helmet now. I want to work on a design for his face myself, so some time later I'll give that a shot. Can I have your permission to use and change the flag you made? I just want to try something out, no outright replacement here. :P

I have also updated the lore section under the Second Era. I hope it explains a few things (it is still being worked on).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I am loving the design surrounding Tyran'fotius, though I am unsure about the helmet now. I want to work on a design for his face myself, so some time later I'll give that a shot. Can I have your permission to use and change the flag you made? I just want to try something out, no outright replacement here. :P

I have also updated the lore section under the Second Era. I hope it explains a few things (it is still being worked on).

Sure, try it out. Maybe than it will bring us closer to a design that we can agree on.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I recently got my hands on some nice quality Taiko drum samples. Are tracks with just war drums practical?

Perhaps not just war drums, a few other things may be needed. But let's see what you can make with them.

pure_muscle.png

I recently got my hands on some nice quality Taiko drum samples. Are tracks with just war drums practical?

Perhaps not just war drums, a few other things may be needed. But let's see what you can make with them.

Alright. I'll see what I can do.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Alright. I'll see what I can do.

Sounds good to me!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/war-drums/s-sFZCV

This is an early test, obviously. I intend to keep this with as little melodic parts as possible, to keep it somewhat tribal. I also used percussion instruments from all over the world, to keep it from sounding like it's specifically from one part of the world. Many of the rhythms are very Latin in feel (the constant clave/cascara pattern in the cowbells and later the taiko), while the ending singing is more European in nature.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  

That sounded great! I was sure the drums would get annoying, but they didn't until the end with the middle of the singing (and this was only on some listens).  Ignore this if you want, but maybe an ambient electric feel that would start somewhere in the middle would sell home the Bionicle atmosphere (akin to some Mortal Kombat songs); it's unneeded, but just what I think.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Ii kind of sounds like something sort of Bota Manga-esk, perhaps this would work well as the theme of Luhneah.

Also what was that thing you wanted to do with the flag Iaredios? What has happened with that thus far?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Ii kind of sounds like something sort of Bota Manga-esk, perhaps this would work well as the theme of Luhneah.

Also what was that thing you wanted to do with the flag Iaredios? What has happened with that thus far?

Like he said, it's for all nations. Everyone uses drums, don't you know? On a separate note, I am personally more used to eastern (specifically, near-eastern, Greek, and Bulgarian) vocals then I am of western vocals, so maybe that is why the end singing sounded a bit off to me. :P

Haven't done anything with it yet. I apologize, but the ole sin of sloth has strickin' me again. I'll try and do it if I can get the mentality to do so.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I did some spooky electronic pads and chanting, but I think that part may actually be better off as its own song.

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/war-drums-with-middle-section/s-CzyWp

I did some spooky electronic pads and chanting, but I think that part may actually be better off as its own song.

What I meant was there to be electronic while the drums were doing there thing. :P And I removed that part of my post about the chanting as I then felt the song was good as was.

Holy crud, i felt immersed as heck when your new addition came in. It did feel out of place however, like you said. Please, for the love of the great God almighty, make that new part a new song. O_O Love that eastern atmospheric stuff, and very Bionicle in atmosphere with the electronic monks. It also kind of reminded me of the theme to Shady Sands from Fallout 1 (which I love, hahaha).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

What I meant was there to be electronic while the drums were doing there thing. :P And I removed that part of my post about the chanting as I then felt the song was good as was.

Holy crud, i felt immersed as heck when your new addition came in. It did feel out of place however, like you said. Please, for the love of the great God almighty, make that new part a new song. O_O Love that eastern atmospheric stuff, and very Bionicle in atmosphere with the electronic monks. It also kind of reminded me of the theme to Shady Sands from Fallout 1 (which I love, hahaha).

So keep the song the same, but change the spooky droning part, and make the spooky droning part its own song?

So keep the song the same, but change the spooky droning part, and make the spooky droning part its own song?

Oui oui.

I know it's a draft, but the ending feels a bit abrupt. Just wanted to put that out there.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Done:

tyranfotius.jpg

When I was working on it with the picture zoomed in, the skull felt empty. Zoomed out, however, it looks like there is too much going on. I'll make a different version with the aforementioned decals filled in.  Oh wait, no, here it is:

tyranfotius2.jpg

So, which one do y'all like more between these two?

Oh, almost forgot, I also updated the EL of Sand's flag to fit in with the current trend:

jarraradat_flag2.jpg

The purple was inspired by a great piece of fan art from DeviantArt depicting a vorox, and it had purple tribal decorations on it's body.

Map update!

revised_spherus_magna_2.jpg

Things are rather shaping up, don't you think? Still in progress, but one thing you will see later is that much of the northern mountains will have more craters and foot prints from the Battle of Bara Magna (since that is where much of the fighting took place). These battle remains will give players more reasonable routes through the formerly-near-impassible mountains.

Shoot, just noticed that the Black Spike Mountains are messed up. And regarding the Black Spike Mountains, I know that most of it was destroyed, but I feel that if I were to depict how they would look destroyed I should first make them.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Done:

tyranfotius.jpg

When I was working on it with the picture zoomed in, the skull felt empty. Zoomed out, however, it looks like there is too much going on. I'll make a different version with the aforementioned decals filled in.  Oh wait, no, here it is:

tyranfotius2.jpg

So, which one do y'all like more between these two?

Oh, almost forgot, I also updated the EL of Sand's flag to fit in with the current trend:

jarraradat_flag2.jpg

The purple was inspired by a great piece of fan art from DeviantArt depicting a vorox, and it had purple tribal decorations on it's body.

Map update!

revised_spherus_magna_2.jpg

Things are rather shaping up, don't you think? Still in progress, but one thing you will see later is that much of the northern mountains will have more craters and foot prints from the Battle of Bara Magna (since that is where much of the fighting took place). These battle remains will give players more reasonable routes through the formerly-near-impassible mountains.

Shoot, just noticed that the Black Spike Mountains are messed up. And regarding the Black Spike Mountains, I know that most of it was destroyed, but I feel that if I were to depict how they would look destroyed I should first make them.

DAYUM!!!!!

Holy, skull in the furnace Iare!

I vote for the first one.

pure_muscle.png

I think this topic has the most visits of any topic on this site.

If that's the case than....

DUANE.gif

pure_muscle.png

I think this topic has the most visits of any topic on this site.

I have noticed that too. :lol: I have given a few advertisements on Steam and TWCenter so thats probably the source of some of the views. That was done with the intention of seeking help however. No one responded on either but apparently people keep coming back for some reason.

Oh yeah. Sorry guys, my internet is failing so I wont be able to upload anything more until further notice.

Nvm, everything is all good.

EDIT:

Regarding the flag of Tyran'fotius, I am going to do something of a middle-ground. One looks empty in the direct middle, the other looks too full.

I am not sure if I have said this before so I will say it now. After the end of the Great Being Civil War in-game, there will be a large time-gap of a hundred or more years. Once the game it's to that point, I would appreciate brainstorming on what could happen next like new threats, ARA Universe-friendly/adapted lore/fanon, the like. We still have much to do to get to that point (especially me making the map, and don't get me started on coding), but I just wanted to put this out there as a reminder (mostly to lurkers, not the team. :P )

Oh, and another thing: I am thinking of scrapping the whole 'Korta Magna' thing, or maybe just revise it. I have given a name for the region that was featured in 2009, that being Neala. Maybe another part of Spherus Magna will be called 'Korta Magna' (and with a name like that I am sure Bone Hunters/Ostonigosa will just love it there!). Oh, and to make the Endless Ocean seem more 'endless' I am going to make the eastern hemisphere smaller and fill in with some areas. Once I do some revising, I'll make some areas blank so people can add there own little areas (not to mention with the added space in the ocean peeps can make their own island chains that I can add, like Imrukii did).

Lastly, after reading around BZPower and Biosector01 I am also thinking of making the whole of the Matoran Universe a wasteland region as a mountain range in the height map in the appearance is had in Journey's End (on it's side), so as to possibly be more canon. Does anyone have any comments about this?

EDIT2:

First off, I have updated the first page.  Vanson and Madu, please tell me if the song ideas are too restricting. I am pretty flexible and for the most part I like what I am hearing from you guys. :)  So your input is most welcome. What is there is mostly for lurkers.

Second, I have been looking over the Map Modding page of the EUIV Wiki, and it would seem that I have skipped a step. Before doing the height map, I should have done the 'natural' map, which gives the map a 3D form that the game will render. In order to do this, I need to have Adobe Photoshop as the NVIDIA Texture Tools fitted for this game are made specifically for it. It looks like I might be able to do the same (or something similar to it) in GIMP, but it is alien to me. If anyone can help me directly or point me in the right direction, much would be appreciated. As I have a learning disability, step-by-step hand-holding baby-step process would probably work best.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I was writing a section on deities and religions for A Rude Awakening in the lore section on the first page, but I ran out of room, so I will be using this post to explain them. I will be updating this information through this post, and make a link to this post on the first page.

Deities:

List of deities and similar beings for A Rude Awakening:

- Grunchar, according to agori tradition, is the immortal, all knowing creator spirit that created the mortal plane. through the ahura, angelic beings. Half of them tried to implement their own ideas instead of being the conduits they were supposed to be for this action, resulting in a war betwixt ahura. Half of the rebels (known as Fallen Ahura, or Fluid Spirits) submitted to wrong doing, the other half of rebels denied any wrongdoing.  He interacts with this reality through proxies and agents, rarely making personal interventions. His name means 'potter' in Bulgarian, in reference to him crafting the universe and it's many planes.

- Ahura (also known as Fusion Spirits or Kaita Spirits) are angelic beings that were created to be used as messengers and tools to enact the will of Grunchar while he simultaneously monitors and rules over infinite planes and alternate universes. There are certain more famous ahura that have interacted with Spherus Magna and Matoran Universe inhabitants, such as Akamai and Wairuha, as well as others. When fusions (or kaita as MU inhabitants call them), between certain people are enacted, an ahura will occupy the new fused bodies and control it while in the presence of the spirits that make up the fusion.  Some people revere the ahura (or as some people call them, fusion/kaita spirits), while others recognize what they are, and others just know that a new identity comes into play when a fusion is enacted. It is not well known why the ahura inhabit the bodies of kaitas. There is a group of ahura classified as Arch-Ahura, they are more powerful then other ahura and their initial purpose of creation is a mystery to mortals, though they do seem to lead larger groups of ahura for various tasks, and make up the souls of super-fusions (in the matoran universe, such an example would be a Toa-Nui). A small variety known as Dark Ahura are known to exist, ahura that openly rebel against Grunchar and his vision and creation. They came after the war between ahura, and as there are a small portion of them Grunchar eliminates them in due time and through loyal ahura. They can hijack kaitas and fusions and keep them bound to be used as their own physical body to interact with the physical world in the mortal plane.

- Fallen Ahura (also known as Fluid Spirits), from agori traditions, are the manifestations of rebellious ahura (or rather, angels) that have either apologized for their actions (protodermis) or regret nothing (antidermis). Both are punished for their ancient deeds by being exiled to the mortal plane and materialized as mystic fluids. Though they exist as collective consciousness, the temporal and spacial effects of the Mortal Plane give communication restrictions to these entities when not in-range, which is only feasible when is within the orbit of a planet, vocal communication is only feasible if one is within the space surrounding a solar system. They can still sense and hear others of their kind but cannot interact within unless they are within the prescribed limit.

-  -  - Protodermis (not a contemporary name, is a modern coinage) are/is a Fallen Ahura that apologized to Grunchar for their part in a doomed rebellion and as punishment they were exiled to the Mortal Plane for rebelling, their beings being materialized in the Mortal Plane as a silvery, glowing liquid with a collective consciousness (and thus with hundreds-to millions of souls being in one thing they reference themselves as 'we' and 'our' and whatnot). Apologizing and recognizing fault, they/it are/is used as agents of Grunchar, and when touched upon by matter of the Mortal Plane, the matter braces upon the divines itself and, by the will of Grunchar through the mysterious functions of destiny and fate, will either be destroyed or transformed. If one is destined, there will be an inner calling towards it, if not then it was blind foolishness. If something appears to have accidentally fallen or touched upon it's surface then it was designed as such for a greater purpose. The Great Beings were largely secularized as a whole, and so created their artificial protodermis off of some of the properties of the physical manifestation protodermis and kept the name for literary purposes; it was only after the Core War that a few Great Beings began to realize their errors in thought and belief.

-  -  - Antidermis (not a contemporary name, is a modern coinage) are/is a Fallen Ahura that do not regret their decision to rebel, and for punishment they were exiled to the Mortal Plane for rebelling, their beings being materialized in the Mortal Plane as a black, gooey tar-like liquid that emits a dark green mist.  Antidermis rebels against Grunchar, and as the universe itself is a byproduct of Grunchar and his will and power, it rebels and twists it's very nature. It is by this that antidermis is the source of all evil, and protodermis and antidermis. When it can, it will also seek to twist and lie to the minds of sentients. It is actively worshiped by most, if not all Jirapa, for it is by their ancestor's covenant with and consumption of antidermis that they became twisted and mighty into the man eating giants they now are. The Great Beings, basing their creation of what they called 'artificial antidermis' off of the 'agoric myths' of the true nature of natural antidermis, used it as the matter source for the Makuta race inside the Matoran Universe. Though by being an artificial replication of it's natural cousin(s) it gives them/it a chance to turn to the side of righteousness, it has a tendency to follow in it's predecessors footsteps. Artifical Antidermis does not physically twist nature around it, instead it tends to have a dark atmosphere mentally, making people eventually have bad and/or vile thoughts that can materialize into actions (unless there is a natural immunity towards that, like Makuta race for obvious reasons). Jirapa gain a large supernatural power boost when absorbing or consuming antidermis, and as they are based off of them, Brutaka's race does the same (if he or any of his kind were to absorb natural antidermis the effects would be more drastic).

-  -  -  -  - Naqota. [nay-koh-tah] The most powerful antidermic arch-ahura known to Spherus Magna and is the spiritual predecessor of Makuta Teridax. Even his name was used by the Great Beings in their understanding of what they called 'agoric myths' for the race called Makuta via translation corruption. (Naqota = Makuta, sound it out). His name for his servants at Roxtus is Roxthi (roxt-hee), which again was used in in the Matoran Universe under corrupted translation for Roxthi, as the word Rahkshi. Naqota and his antidermic subjects are the reason for the existence of the Black Spike Mountains, and as the prophecy given by Greani goes: "As the Black Spikes yonder were birthed from antidermis, so too shall it crumble before antidermis"; this prophecy was fulfilled when Makuta Teridax destroyed the Black Spike Mountains in the Battle of Bara Magna (who he himself is somewhat based after Naqota), drawing it's life to full circle. Naqota is the one that turned Roxtus into a region of darkness, guided the jirapa and skrall to the region and the mountains to the north, and ultimately killed Greani Ateir in battle from battle wounds after Greani was able to exile him from the Solis Magna system. The jirapa and some skrall openly worship him and believe that he was always on Spherus Magna and he is the head of their collective underground/mountain god (even though he wasn't) and answer to him. Most antidermic vats west of the eastern reaches of Geneteira have been destroyed in holy wars after the death of Greani for the fear of the return Naqota, but due to being unable to journey to the farther reaches of Spherus Magna, he may already be ruling over an area as it's Lord of Darkness, or maybe Greani was able to remove him from the Solis Magna System. Like a comet, however, he may return.

- Celestial Monsters. In the universe-spanning battles that went out between protodermis and antidermis, sometimes it was not only inorganic matter that was produced out of the fused corpses of the two collective entities. Sometimes sentient creatures were spawned, all as part of the mysterious will of Grunchar, and due to the nature of their creation they are materialized in the mortal plane as physical creatures, but they are immortal and retain aspects of the properties of the universe as they were a direct out-coming of the universe's physical realiztion. Sometimes they were formed with more of a protodermic (good, and seek to serve the will of Grunchar) mentality, and others with an antidermic (bad, and seek to actively twist,, torture, destroy and rebel against Grunchar and his creations) mentality. Their forms are monstrous, and as their minds are far more advanced and enlightened by their birth, their physical forms reflects this: incomprehensible and completely foreign. Their bodies and the knowledge in their minds can drive mere mortals insane just by mere sight and attainment. There are a few of these on Spherus Magna because of how large the planet is. They recognize spiritual events and beings and can see and speak with them, but cannot directly interact with them. The most infamous of these is the monster Annona, the dream eater and false star of chills. 'Twas she that almost annihilated the Iron Tribe of Neala through an event known as the 'Dreaming Plague' that drove people mad and ballistic. This was but one of her many feastings through the eon. She has since been banished to a planet far away and hopefully killed by the vengeful agori Sahmad and the artificially created and immensely powerful being Tserkoura Antroana by this golden-skinned being's powers of dream realization and matter manipulation. Before Tserkoura, the first artificially created Celestial Monster was Tren Krom the Precursor, the first god of the Matoran Universe before the coming of the Great Spirit Mata Nui. Tren Krom was created by the Great Beings, who several centuries before encountered their first Celestial Monster, Annona. The Great Beings, through unknown means, defeated Annona by draining her of the dreams that she had attained, weakening her to the point that she dared not come out from the depths of the planet's crust until she starved and resumed her feasting in the Age of Anarchy. All of these creatures have cults that will worship them so they will have their pleas heard and enacted while sacrificing their freedom for them (though most have been purged on civilized Spherus Magna).

- Greani Ateir. Like Alexander the Great in the history of humanity, or some mythological hero, the name Greani strikes through the hearts of many. He and his legends are used for the source of many names of the Nealite agori and the skrall, and the foundations of many literary fiction (akin to Beowulf's influence on J.R.R. Tolkien's Mythodea and Robert E. Howard's Conan the Cimmerian (or Barbarian)). From fighting great beasts to mighty monsters, to freedom fighter, giant slayer, Nealite tamer, antidermic vanquisher, warrior-prophet and warrior-king, and martyr, this man has become a legend in the eyes of Neala, the likes of which that has not been seen until Certavus Magnus and Mata Nui. He was still a skrall, however, so when it came to executions and punishments where there was no doubt, he would be most brutal, as well as his fighting style in battle. In court and in common practice he was quite chivalrous, a gallant warrior king who was not afraid to brutally finish messes himself; quite a strange combination. Of course, if this was it, he wouldn't be listed in this area. Some groups of skrall worship him as a either a warrior-saint or a lesser god (the distinction in this case is hazy), believing that his deeds in life have made his soul rise to become an honorary arch-ahura, appointed by the great potter Grunchar himself. By paying him reverence, they believe that battle will be on their side, and when they lose they have somehow twisted his meanings and their defeat was divine punishment. A story based on Greani is currently being written.

- Great Beings. When Naqota came to Spherus Magna to deal with Greani and his crusade against Jirapa and their Antidermic overlords, a protodermic Arch-Ahura followed him to stop him and help those that sought to rid the world of antidermic influences. By the time he came into Spherus Magna's space, however, Naqota had been defeated and exiled from Spherus Magna by the now-dead Greani. He would have shifted his destination, but Grunchar commanded this entity to continue on his course, to land on an inhabited area north of Neala. The conscious blob did as his creator commanded and landed in the specified place. Raining down upon the mask-wearing geroikoi populace called the Larfeia (which is a corruption of the Nealite words for Masked-Ones), the properties of natural protodermis, transform by fate or destruction (both by the will of Grunchar) ended up transforming the whole population, their minds having been altered to be aware in a greater sense, almost like an ahura, as well as altering their physical being by making them live indefinitely. Like much of the rest of Western Bara Magna, these mask-wearers were victims of a celestial monster known as Annona. Sometimes, to spare their people the Larfeia would forcefully gather sacrifices to Anonna and lead them into Great Mountains, where Annona would spare the population by completely draining the victims of their dreams and creativity, eventually driving them mad and horribly killing each other, while to satisfy her hunger Annona would devour even more dreams elsewhere. Once their minds had been altered, however, the Larfeia devised a plan to hopefully destroy this monster. The elders and witch-doctors, accompanied by much of the river valleys population drafted into warriors, went into the depths of the Great Mountains. The new found awareness took form in different ways in the realm of psionics, the appointed witch-doctors and priests having gained powerful abilities. They used such abilities to find Annona's lair through a labyrinth of tunnels, eventually finding the place they called Danguia (Larfiean Geroikoi for Mangaia, or Heck). After an indescribable conflict involving shamanistic witch-doctors and priests chanting with access to their powers and most warriors (and thus the population) being slaughtered by the nightmarish entity with her red spiky tentacle arms in an effort to protect the powerful ones while they focused, Annona had all the dreams and ideas that she feasted upon since her first contact with sentient mortals stripped from her and implanted into the minds of all remaining people (which was about less than a hundred left out of a whole population). She fled and went even further below the surface, scared by these, things...

Enlightened and practically immortalized, the Larfeia skipped leaps and bounds by technological development in the course of two hundred years. So while the early medieval technology leveled Nealites had their united Nealite Kingdom disintegrate and city-state kingdoms commenced wars upon each other to see who would succeed Greani's descendants, and even more primitive cultures and regions throughout Spherus Magna doing their own things, Larfeians had in isolation discovered: advanced mathematics, heliocentrism, gun powder, industrialization, electricity, nuclear theory, instant communication, lasers, robotics, and beyond. Their minds became so aware that they could start to understand the mathematical equations that controlled the universe, that being the language of Grunchar the creator, and began to understand how to use that enlightenment to make the impossible, possible. The manipulation of physics was in their grasp. They underwent transhumanism and created cures for most diseases, extending their already significantly long lives even further (some complications and accidents did occur in a few cases, however). So two hundred years later when the Larfeia opened their borders and made contact with the rest of the planet, all went mad at the sight such supposed wizardry and bowed before these gods (all except paranoid individuals who stuck with their culture's beliefs and claimed that these mask-wearers were demons, but that was rare for that first generation while centuries later similar dubious beliefs reemerged). All the keys to every civilization, and race, and sub-race, and ethnicity had been handed over to the Masked-Ones, the ones everyone called The Great Beings, and a great golden age for Spherus Magna began that would last for over a thousand years.

The only kind of warfare that would be occurring would be the hunting down and annihilating or exiling of other Celestial Monsters like their ancient foe, and to fight such entities requires unconventional warfare, crazy technology and some divine assistance through the usage of natural protodermis (when allowed to). Annona and Shingthi sensed the destruction of much of their kind and burrowed deep into the planet, along with a couple other Celestial Monsters. A thousand years of doing these 'holy wars' killed many Great Beings until only 20 were left. After they arrogantly assumed that all of the Celestial Monsters had been dealt with, they increasingly became secularized from arrogance of their power. This lack of a founded morality led to the eventual corruption of the Larfeian population by individual variances, this led to the creation of the Element Lords. With the outbreak of the Core War, ten Great Beings had been wholly corrupted in secret, a certain one named Tahedin being at the head of it.

The Great Beings are the source for much of the polytheism that rose in post-Shattering of Spherus Magna, and also play as legendary figures in the faith of the Reformed Matoran religions as they created artificial protodermis, their original home, and their god (the last two actually being the same). They are the source of all the advanced technology in Bionicle and thus are pivotal to the entire franchise, not just A Rude Awakening.

- Element Lords. These ancient kings were crowned in the Third Era when the Great Beings tired of ruling over the Great Globe that is Spherus Magna. Picked out by their fellow countrymen to rule over them and literally become 'like gods' (hebrew word for this is nephalim), the elected volunteers were sent to the underground laboratory of Tajun. Once there, they were each given armor (specially stylized to fit with each nations' culture) that were used as conduits for a wave of elemental energy that had been tapped from natural protodermis. The result merged their being with their respective tribal element. They were sent back home with decrees that their old rulers have abdicated their rule in favor of independent local rulers in the form of these elected rulers: the Element Lords (or known in their ancient tongue, the Zadashah Nahita). The Element Lords are immortal due to the nature of how they got their powers (tapping into natural protodermis, collective physical minds that work as agents of Grunchar himself), and thus they currently appear as zombie kings in cuirasses (sometimes more depending on their culture) that are wreathed in the very essence of their assigned element. The first two centuries that transpired after their coronation and empowerment were peaceful. Each Element Lord noticed that the nature of their armor and powers had made them ageless, but rather than keeping their body equally ageless they slowly aged. Such qualities made them think that they were chosen to be gods of Spherus Magna, and thus forced agori to worship them as physical gods many bowed before them; most did, but others defied and sought refuge in the wilderness lest they be smited by these so-called gods. After 200 years they appeared as undead kings. All was peaceful in this corner of the planet until the discovery of natural protodermis by the Element Lords (they had no idea that this stuff had been used to grant them powers so to them it was new). A war exploded that involved all of civilized Spherus Magna, the waning days resulted in a final battle in the great mountains north of Neala between the element lords Isskun and Tyran'fotious. Tyran'fotius won and began the extraction of natural protodermis. This resulted in divine judgement upon Spherus Magna, the planet being splintered into three pieces and mass devastation and natural phenomenon occurring. The Element Lords were caged by protodermis itself by orders of Grunchar. After Mata Nui reformed the planet 10,000 years later, the Element Lords were freed for unknown reasons (some speculate that they simply served their time). The physical gods of old are free, and with the increase of troops and supplies as a result of the New Atero Civil War, they are ready to do as they please. The toa race of the Matoran Universe have their usage of elemental powers based off of the Element Lords, only the toa are much more restricted in their power level in comparison to the unlimited power that the Zadashah Nahita hold.

- The Great Spirit(s) of Ao-Matoran.

-  -  - Mata Nui. The Great Spirit of the Matoran Universe (or in the eyes of some, the first one) simply goes by that title as a name, but said through the language of most of his subject: Mata Nui. Mata Nui was created as a way to study cultures in far-away planets so he could find the in-depth answer to everlasting peace in the aftermath of the Core War and it's Shattering of Spherus Magna. Once this answer has been attained, he was to return to the Solis Magna System, reform the fragmented planet, and bring his answer to the Great Beings so that they can effectively use this knowledge to create everlasting peace on Spherus Magna. The body of the Great Spirit is a continent-sized robot, that could manipulate gravity, super-heated plasma and weaponized lasers, among many other great powers. Inside of the body, however, there was an entire artificial universe that was constructed by the matoran race under the guidance of Tren Krom and sometimes the Great Beings. Mata Nui automatically sustained temperatures, gravity, light, and other things The Great Being, Tahedin, transferred his soul into the body of a matoran that he created himself, thence renaming himself Velika, and to better fit in he gifted the people of the Matoran Universe with sentience. For more info, go here, and go here for an important battle.

-  -  - Makuta Teridax. One of his creations, the makuta named Teridax, had grown jealous of Mata Nui's undeserved praise, and after gaining insight into the true nature the Matoran Universe from Tren Krom through a fellow makuta named Mutran but not fully understanding it (no one but Natural Protodermis, Artifical Antidermis, Tahedin/Velika, and Tren Krom knew of the Matoran Universe being in a robot), Teridax realized that there was a way to get the matoran to worship him as they paid respects to Mata Nui. on the island of Mata-Nui, the matoran would create a religious system of actually worshiping the Great Spirit and other lesser gods. For further info, do go here (but be mindful of my lore editing). Becoming the Second Great Spirit, The Makuta renamed the Matoran Universe (called Matora in their native tongue) to the Makutaverse (alternatively, Makutora). Showing greatness by completing such a task, the new Great Spirit had finally gotten his dream come true: many matoran bowed and worship him and his power. adapting their religious practices to the Master of Shadows. The Makuta had now discovered what the outside universe, what the matoran call the Galactic Universe, and the agori called the Mortal Plane. With this gain of power, however, The Makuta had grown power hungry and was blinded by it. For years he scanned all the local system and was amazed, learning how all of these physics work while putting down rebellions from within, he declared that he should become God-Emperor of the Universe after seeing just how large this greater universe was then the one he only knew existed before. . He has also been watching Mata-Nui from afar, and when he attained a large robotic body like his old one to reform Spherus Magna, Makuta Teridax saw a last threat that needed to handled before he can conquer or destroy planets in worlds in the great beyond. After the Battle of Bara Magna, Makuta Teridax was still dead, along with the universe he spent so long trying to obtain. But his spirit remains alive in the hearts of his worshipers, continuing his will after death in the religion that goes by the agori stylization for Makuta, 'Makutine'. As artificial antidermis is made through a process from natural antidermis, his soul went to that collective consciousness, and if someone wanted to, they very well could restore him to life in the physical Mortal Plain in a new body; how is a different question. Since his death, his successor Tserkoura Antroana has his eyes fixed on conquering Spherus Magna in the name of his lord, and the theocracy of Teridala, led by his prophet Turaga Ahkmou, helping Tserkoura where they can (though they often compete over which one has more political and spiritual authority) and via espionage picking away at the enemies of The Makuta. Ahkmou's greatest success is the orchestration of igniting the New Atero Civil War.

Others

- Tanqur. Pronounced as Tan-chur or Tahn-shur, Tanqur is the false god of the Bone Hunters, he is the sky god that eats the life-force of the world that materializes as smoke so as to be well energized to combat the lesser gods that seek to gain his place of great power. The faith is called Gal-Ariun, sometimes shortened to Galariun. Those that purposefully burn to please him shall gain his divine blessing, so fire is seen as a holy tool for the bone hunters. Where arson is a crime throughout the world, it is often praised unless it is against, family and blood-alliances, where then you will be executed to feed the god via burning. The Element Lord of Fire saw himself as the incarnation of this deity and so scorched much of the world for divine blessings in war and prosperity.   Galariun started when someone fabricated truths so as to gain power in the aftermath of the large-scale Jirapa invasions. Those that rejected these fabricated myths were termed the Earth Tribe, for in their ignorance the bone hunters would hear the word/name Grunchar, which means potter, and thought it was a god of the earth when compared to their own god of the sky. They have round stone pillars throughout their traditional territories where they commit mass sacrificial burnings of living people, who are tied to the stone pillars in small groups (2-5 at a time). They practice deep throat-singing, and even though the act itself is not evil, it has been tainted by these ruthless raiders and is associated with evil.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

This piece was quite difficult to get to sound right. This is the drone that I made into its own song. Tell me if any chord or note or anything sounds too out of place or dissonant. There's some weird music theory behind this, and I really don't know what to even call the key, so there's some weird atonal moments and moments where you say "geez, that sounds awful...but so right". I also slowed the drums down in reference to the Sanctum music from MNOG.

https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/drone/s-VmmLm

This piece was quite difficult to get to sound right. This is the drone that I made into its own song. Tell me if any chord or note or anything sounds too out of place or dissonant. There's some weird music theory behind this, and I really don't know what to even call the key, so there's some weird atonal moments and moments where you say "geez, that sounds awful...but so right". I also slowed the drums down in reference to the Sanctum music from MNOG.

This theme is great! It sound like to me that it would fit into a nation that is desert oriented, such as Jarraradat, Vorwoud, or the (yet to me named) unified vorox nation! Those are just my thoughts though.

pure_muscle.png

Gah, I thought I posted a message here earlier today. I swear, my internet is going to crud. Anyway, let me try to repeat what I tried to say earlier.

This theme is great! It sound like to me that it would fit into a nation that is desert oriented, such as Jarraradat, Vorwoud, or the (yet to me named) unified vorox nation! Those are just my thoughts though.

This song is very immersive. Rings true to what most would probably imagine would fit a desert and has an alien feel to it, all the while having a Bionicle atmosphere. You have outdone yourself my friend. :) I think a fitting title could possibly be either 'The Wastes of Bara Magna', 'The Wastes', or 'Bara Magna'. I'm more leaning on the last one myself. My only extremely minuscule complaint is that I would like it to be longer, but I am not sure how you could pull that off.

Just wanted to clear something up Imrukii: Bota Magna doesn't have any deserts. The vorox of Vorwoud consists of forests, mountains, hills, jungles, and some savanna plains. I wanted to style that region on medieval Abyssinia (most famous part of this region is Ethiopia) and south Nubia. To promote a more probable coniferous jungle, I am thinking of implementing your ancient 'Bota Magna sea', just edit it to keep the mountains that the jirapa live on.

EDIT:

I made a different version of Ateros Nova's flag. I felt the previous versions didn't give much representation to the agori.

ateros_nova_flag3.jpg

Something is making me not like this, like the symbolism of the Three Virtues is gone. I'll experiment with other versions.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Gah, I thought I posted a message here earlier today. I swear, my internet is going to crud. Anyway, let me try to repeat what I tried to say earlier.

This song is very immersive. Rings true to what most would probably imagine would fit a desert and has an alien feel to it, all the while having a Bionicle atmosphere. You have outdone yourself my friend. :) I think a fitting title could possibly be either 'The Wastes of Bara Magna', 'The Wastes', or 'Bara Magna'. I'm more leaning on the last one myself. My only extremely minuscule complaint is that I would like it to be longer, but I am not sure how you could pull that off.

I will try to extend it. Do you think any extra instruments or anything should be added?

This piece was quite difficult to get to sound right. This is the drone that I made into its own song. Tell me if any chord or note or anything sounds too out of place or dissonant. There's some weird music theory behind this, and I really don't know what to even call the key, so there's some weird atonal moments and moments where you say "geez, that sounds awful...but so right". I also slowed the drums down in reference to the Sanctum music from MNOG.https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/drone/s-VmmLm

I will try to extend it. Do you think any extra instruments or anything should be added?

Guitars, maybe. But we should hear the extended version first before we add anything else.

This piece was quite difficult to get to sound right. This is the drone that I made into its own song. Tell me if any chord or note or anything sounds too out of place or dissonant. There's some weird music theory behind this, and I really don't know what to even call the key, so there's some weird atonal moments and moments where you say "geez, that sounds awful...but so right". I also slowed the drums down in reference to the Sanctum music from MNOG.https://soundcloud.com/theironchicken/drone/s-VmmLm

Just wanted to clear something up Imrukii: Bota Magna doesn't have any deserts. The vorox of Vorwoud consists of forests, mountains, hills, jungles, and some savanna plains. I wanted to style that region on medieval Abyssinia (most famous part of this region is Ethiopia) and south Nubia. To promote a more probable coniferous jungle, I am thinking of implementing your ancient 'Bota Magna sea', just edit it to keep the mountains that the jirapa live on.

EDIT:

I made a different version of Ateros Nova's flag. I felt the previous versions didn't give much representation to the agori.

ateros_nova_flag3.jpg

Something is making me not like this, like the symbolism of the Three Virtues is gone. I'll experiment with other versions.

Wait! What about the bottom and top portions of the symbol? Beacuse that I do believe is the symbol used for the enemies of the matoran and agori. But it's origins where never truly explained. I'd frankly use that symbol for the Dark Hunters, honestly.

pure_muscle.png