THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 2: THE RACE FOR THE MASK OF TIME

fishers64

18531699440_63bfe8e28a_z.jpg

After the mild success of our previous iteration, I, Makuta, must inform you that we had some technical difficulties involving a portal, a Mask of Ultimate Power, and a Mask of Time that had some…unfortunate…results.

As a result of this, you now find yourself in Metru Nui, shortly (but not too shortly) before this place will be destroyed by me. You must collect the six Great Disks hidden all over the island to obtain the Mask of Time, which may or may not allow you to escape before I suck you into my evil villain vortex. Choose wisely, for your very lives depend on it. The clock is ticking!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PLAY THIS GAME. IF YOU DIED IN THE PREVIOUS GAME, TECHNICALLY THIS ONE TAKES PLACE IN THE PAST, SO YOU’RE WELCOME. IF YOU LIVED, YOU’RE A PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE ELSE NOW. GOOD LUCK. AND IF YOU DIDN’T PLAY THE FIRST GAME, YOU HAVE BECOME COLLATERAL DAMAGE…ER, SUCKED HERE BY ACCIDENT WHEN I WAS TRYING TO KILL PORTAL. WHATEVER.

CHARACTERS/PROFILES:

Each of the characters is on a race to acquire the six great disks to acquire the Legendary Mask of Time. Each characters has their share of power that will allow them to acquire certain disks more easily than others. The more disks you collect, the more time you will have to acquire the Mask. Each player has a maximum of 21 points to allocate toward disk-acquiring resources. For example:
Enlarge (Ta-Metru): 6
Regenerate (Ga-Metru): 5
Weaken (Po-Metru): 4
Freeze (Ko-Metru): 3
Teleport(Le-Metru): 2
Reconstitute at Random (Onu-Metru): 1

Another example: 
Enlarge (Ta-Metru): 4
Regenerate (Ga-Metru): 4
Freeze (Ko-Metru): 4
Teleport(Le-Metru): 4
Reconstitute at Random (Onu-Metru): 1

THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES. YOU MAY ALLOCATE YOUR 21 POINTS AMONG THE POWERS AS YOU SEE FIT. You are allowed to have zero of any number of powers, and 6 of any number of powers, and 5 of any number of powers, etc, as long as your total is no greater than 21, and all of the powers' numbers are 6 or less, as 6 is the maximum for any power category.

If you do not allocate any resources into a category (i.e. 0), any disks you attempt to acquire of that element will result in failure automaticallyIf you have six, it will automatically result in success. Any numbers in between will indicate your chance to acquire them, as decided by RNG (5/6, 4/6, etc).

You are allowed to have a profile that adds up to less than 21, and the jury is out on whether it is an effective strategy. It is the hope that the CORRECTIVE MEASURES employed in this game will render such a strategy INEFFECTIVE. As such, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for your profile to add up to 21 points, and it is believed that it will result in the most desirable outcome for you as a player.

In addition to the above disk-finding powers/affinities, each player has one MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER in their possession. This is due to some timey-wimey stuff involving portals and time-duplication and possibly inaccurate theoretical physics. Whatever.

ALL PROFILES MUST BE POSTED IN THIS TOPIC. NO EXCEPTIONS.

ROUNDS (6):

Part 1: Disk Finding/Acquiring

Each player will be given a chance to acquire 2 Great Disks per round. Obviously, you can choose to acquire the disks that you have the greatest odds for, but only a combination of all six Great Disks will win you the Mask of Time, so choose wisely!

You may have multiple Masks of Time, if you are shrewd enough.

For this portion of the round, post IN THIS TOPIC which two elemental masks you wish to acquire. I will post at the conclusion of 24 hours with each player's disk finding success or failure.

Part 2: The Murders

In this desperate race to avoid being sucked into Makuta’s Vortex, you cannot afford too much competition. Each night you will have the opportunity to slay one of your fellow disk finders and claim their disks for yourself.

The Mask of Ultimate Power – This device has a 50/50 chance of:

a)      Stealing your opponent’s MoUP, if they have one
     b)      If they don’t have a MoUP due to previous theft, they will die.  You will claim all of the dead persons’ disks or Mask(s) of Time currently in their possession.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN TAKEN, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MURDER PEOPLE THAT ROUND.

THE MORBUZAKH

For each round, the evil Morbuzakh is on the prowl. This evil and despicable source of ravenous plant life will claim one player once per round, and put him in one of my containment spheres below the Coliseum. Should you be abducted in such manner, you will not be able to participate in the disk-finding or death rounds until you are freed. Your disks will remain with you, however.

Claiming one or two disks during a round will reduce your chances of being abducted. Creating the Mask of Time itself will eliminate your chances of being abducted; however, the Morbuzakh will still be able to attack you if you lose your mask. Choose wisely.

Should you acquire all six great disks, you will be given the opportunity to defeat the Morbuzakh on the corresponding death match. Only the six great disks can defeat the Morbuzakh. This will kill the Morbuzakh and make it so it can’t attack you…or your enemies.

At the end of the SIX ROUNDS, if the Morbuzakh is still alive, it will kill everyone who does not have a Mask of Time in their possession.

There are a couple of TWISTS regarding this party animal that may or may not be employed, and some that only a few players may discover.

THE NIGHT AT VAKAMA’S FORGE

Should you acquire the six great disks, you will be given an opportunity to spend a night round – that is, THE SECOND HALF OF THE ROUND, NOT THE FIRST HALF – at Vakama’s forge to make the Mask of Time itself. During this time, your chances of being taken by the Morbuzakh are TRIPLED, if it is still alive. Beware of the Dark Hunters that haunt the forge!

THE MASK OF TIME

What does this mysterious mask do? You’ll have to earn it to find out!

THE FORTUNATE INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS THE MOST MASKS OF ULTIMATE POWER AND GREAT DISKS/MASKS OF TIME WILL BE THE WINNER!

AND THEY MIGHT GET TO LIVE. MAYBE. IF I’M FEELING GENEROUS.

RULES:
1. All BZP rules apply. Even though we are evil mask makers, we are still stuck in a children's toyline franchise. Darn.
2. If you don't respond to three disk-finding rounds, my pet Morbuzakh will eat you and your masks. You may skip as many of the death rounds as you like, but be warned that taking no action may result in your death. Rounds will move on in the 24-hour period regardless of how much response I get from you. 

ROUND 0:

I REQUIRE FOUR PLAYERS FOR THE FIRST ROUND TO BEGIN. THE MORE THE MERRIER - THERE IS NO MAXIMUM! Please ask any questions you may have!

ROUND 1 BEGINS IN 48 HOURS FROM THE TIME AT THE TOP OF THIS POST (we’re allowing more people to participate this time, since we aren’t on contest time schedule), WEATHER PERMITTING! You are allowed to enter until the moment my post starting Round 1 hits the server.

Post them profiles! MOOOOOOOOOOM!

PLAYER LIST: 
1. Liuth
2. Ghidora
3. Lucina/Voltex
4. Pahrak #0579
5. Portal 

6. Toa Kapura

7. Aerixx

8. Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

9. ToaGhost

10. Punderscore

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

Everyone who posted so far has been added in to my spreadsheet. Lucina has a profile that adds up to less than 21, again. :P

Enlarge (Ta-Metru): 1
Freeze (Ko-Metru): 5
Reconstitute at Random (Onu-Metru): 2

This profile adds up to 20 in my spreadsheet system. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm giving you a heads-up in case you want to make it add to 21. 

And I didn't mention the FUN CREATIVE LICENSE this game takes with the players. I get to tell a fun story using the characters and the fun game mechanics. Fun stuff. :)

EDIT: Also we have player list in first post. 

Edited by fishers64

Everyone who posted so far has been added in to my spreadsheet. Lucina has a profile that adds up to less than 21, again. :P

This profile adds up to 20 in my spreadsheet system. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm giving you a heads-up in case you want to make it add to 21. 

And I didn't mention the FUN CREATIVE LICENSE this game takes with the players. I get to tell a fun story using the characters and the fun game mechanics. Fun stuff. :)

EDIT: Also we have player list in first post. 

Ah, that's what I get for trying to do math so late at night.  Could I please increase my Enlarge (Ta-Metru) to 2?

Enlarge (Ta-Metru): 4

Weaken (Po-Metru): 3

Teleport(Le-Metru): 3

Reconstitute at Random (Onu-Metru): 3

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Everyone who has posted so far has been added in! :)

Ah, that's what I get for trying to do math so late at night.  Could I please increase my Enlarge (Ta-Metru) to 2?

Done!

Ghidora decided to invite the Kanohi Force to the show, didn't he? :P

yo

I'm showing up

Thankee kindly for putting me on the list already, it's been a crazy few days

Profile:

Enlarge (Ta-Metru): 3
Regenerate (Ga-Metru): 3
Teleport(Le-Metru): 1
Reconstitute at Random (Onu-Metru): 6

• Upvote 1

Alright, signups are closed. Here we go!

END OF ROUND 0

Deep below the streets of Metru Nui, the blue Matoran Liuth looked up from the screen in his Metru Nui lab. Not two weeks ago, the robot he had sent to investigate the faraway island of Okoto, codenamed Astapi, had been killed by the twin being Underscore. This loss considerably irked the oddly blue-colored Matoran of Magnetism and he was building another machine with more weapons when a terrible alarm went off. Terrified, the Matoran ran a full system check, only to find that the alarm was coming from a lab down the hall.

He opened the door, finding a red flashing screen that screamed "TEMPORAL ANOMALY DETECTED" in big bold letters...

Ghidora, certified crazytoran, awoke from his cell at the Metru Nui Mental Hospital in a surprisingly good mood. This was because Ghidora had found out the hard way that the prison's coffee was corrosive. While that rendered it unfit for drinking, it did render it fit for eating through metal floors.

After barricading his cell door with several slices of pie, the coffee ate through the metal floor with a vicious chomping noise, allowing him to descend onto a rattling catwalk below. Sprinting past a bunch of alcoholic Nui-Rama, Ghidora splashed the last of his pet chemicals onto a steel pipe, handing the cup to an Ash Bear before beginning the long crawl out. He passed a few Hoto Bugs along the way, always taking the time to greet them and call them by name. Finally, he grabbed onto the strange mask that was in the way and jumped out of a manhole.

Aerixx pulled up in his racecar, and the crazytoran hopped in. "What took you so long?" the half-Toa-half-Skakdi said, more than a little annoyed.

"I had to say hi to Billy, Sally, David, and Andrew," Ghidora said. "And pick up the cheese," he held up the eerie mask, with its six spikes and angular eyeholes.

"What is that?" said Aerixx.

"Oh, I had an alternate self who died, and this was his mask."

Lucina was in a really bad mood. She had been sunbathing on the sea of Okoto, sipping strawberry lemonade and plotting the demise of a particular ice fisherwoman. It didn't matter the dimension, this particular individual was always fun to kill.

Being suddenly transported into a city street in the path of an oncoming Vahki transport at high speed was not high on her priority list. Nor was turning into Voltex form as he leaped out of the way, covering himself with dirt and grime from the landing. For Voltex, on the other hand, it was probably just another day in his life. But he stalked off toward the Coliseum, intent on finding out what happened.

Pahrak #0579, however, was already there. Having escaped from the Archives a few hours ago with his Awakener . He was rather confused as to the appearance of Underscore in said Archives, but when the twins decided to help him get past security, he decided to go along with it.

He was even more confused when a Toa marched up to him with an army of Rahkshi behind him, followed not too far away by a ghost. At least, that was Pahrak #0579's best approximation - a spirit, clinging an ugly spiked masks similar to the one he Underscore had swiped from the Archives.

"What are you?" he said to the apparition.

"We're the Kanohi Force," snapped Dallior, standing in front of his army of Rahkshi, just as Aerixx and Ghidora drove up. "And we're going to kick your butt."

Voltex snorted at that. "I could beat you with my eyes closed."

"Greetings, gathered fools," Turaga Dume's voice rang out over the stadium. "I hope you enjoyed my latest challenge, and acquired the Mask of Ultimate Power...instead of being...collateral damage." He tossed Liuth into the Arena. "There was a particular enemy that I had to defeat, and as a result, you are now here. Had most of you not completed my previous...er, I meant future - challenge, I would just kill you all. However, I do enjoy a little amusement. If you find the six Great Disks around the island and make the Mask of Time for me, you may be allowed to live. If not, well...

As the assembled villains watched, Morbuzakh vines sprung from the arena floor, headed for the assembled group. If any of them looked closely, they might see the containment canisters below.

"...you will die, of course."

The vines continued to come. The race car and the Vahki Transport blasted for the exit. Voltex cursed and shook his fist at the Makuta, before having to use his own Mask of Ultimate Power on the attacking plantlife as Pahrak #0579 and Underscore picked up Liuth and ran out. Thus it was left to Voltex to follow, blindly hurtling attacks and curses at the plant life and the insolent false Turaga.

As he watched, he saw the deadly vines swerve away from him, headed for a familiar Matoran named Portal before he disappeared. The eerie voice of the Turaga echoed in Voltex's mind as he made the exit. "He does not deserve to live."

BEGINNING OF ROUND 1

You have 24 hours to post the names of disks that you wish to acquire below. Should all players post their disks below before the 24 hour period has ended, the round will continue. Go!

Also why am I not in the opening scene?

You Kapura'd everyone. :P

No, I was going to write in this line about you using Kapura powers on Makuta, and somehow that didn't make it in. You'll be in the next scene, with an appropriate joke about my slip. Hopefully that will make it up to you. Sorry about that. 

END OF ROUND 1 DISK FINDING

Portal, quite possibly because he was being hunted by me, Makuta himself, portalled himself to Onu-Metru quickly. As history would have it, he knew the maze of the Archives quite well. However, his knowledge of the Le-Metru chute system led to many hours of fruitless wandering.

Portal: Onu-Metru Great Disk: Success

Portal: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Dailor read up on his Ga-Metru lore well, and his swim in the waters near the Great Temple proved successful. Meanwhile, his Rahkshi combed the chutes of Le-Metru...only to come up empty-handed.

Dailor: Ga-Metru Great Disk: Success

Dailor: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Ghidora was kicked out of Aerixx's car shortly after the pair escaped Makuta. Unfortunately for Ghidora, it appeared that Aerixx's intentions were less than stellar, as Ghidora landed on the pavement not too far from a pair of Vahki. It took the crazytoran all day to stuff their robotic faces into a garbage chute, his disk quest all but forgotten.

Ghidora: Ko-Metru and Ta-Metru Great Disks: Failure

Voltex's exit from the Coliseaum left him not too far from Ta-Metru. Lucina was slender enough to sneak past the Vahki at the fire pit, and Voltex's strength served him well against the vines in the deadly cauldron.

Unfortunately, they found neither form quite suitable for travel in the Le-Metru chutes, and that was hugely distracting in trying to find that Great Disk. The cargo arrangement that day really did not help.

Voltex: Ta-Metru Great Disk: Success

Voltex: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure.

ToaGhost left Dailor behind and went to Ko-Metru. While the area was no doubt treacherous - the fierce wind and the ice and snow were hard on the spiritual composition - he still managed to find what he was after. He even had time to stop at a Knowledge Tower and ask for a chute map - and while he had to dodge a bunch of angry Rahkshi to get to his destination, his quest paid off anyway.

Toa Ghost: Ko-Metru and Le-Metru Great Disks: Success

Liuth's chute trip through Le-Metru proved to be fruitful indeed. His attempt to climb a sculpture in Po-Metru, not so much.

Liuth: Le-Metru Great Disk: Success

Liuth: Po-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Pahrak #0579 easily climbed the famous upside-down mountain to claim his Great Disk. Surprisingly, it was even easier to knock over a Ko-Metru knowledge tower and claim the Great Disk in there. That, and set it up again afterward to hide the evidence. Stupid Vahki never knew what hit them.

Pahrak #0579: Po-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks: Success

Toa Kapura, who, true to his name, managed to slip in here without me noticing him, easily snatched up the Ta-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks while I wasn't looking. He also tripped me and caused me to fall flat on my face, which I must admit I do not appreciate.

Toa Kapura: Ta-Metru and Ko-Metru Great Disks: Success

How Aerixx managed to climb a spire in Ko-Metru I have no idea. I think maybe he might have magnetic wheels on his car or something. Surprisingly enough, one of those chute power cable tangles fell on him when he went to Le-Metru; it was a terrible stroke of bad luck.

Aerixx: Ko-Metru Great Disk: Success

Aerixx: Le-Metru Great Disk: Failure

Underscore easily navigated the Archives and the Sculpture Fields.

Underscore: Po-Metru and Onu-Metru Great Disks: Success

BEGINNING OF ROUND 1 DEATH MATCH

Each of you will be sent PMs with information on tonight's death match. Respond TO THE PM with the person you wish to attack, if you so desire. DO NOT POST ATTACKS IN THIS TOPIC.

You are allowed to abstain from the round if you want to; if you wish to abstain and you're here, please respond to the PM that you are abstaining so the game can move forward.

Remember that attacks are applied in the order that they are received. He who attacks first has the best shot at stealing their target's MoUP or disks.

END OF ROUND 1 DEATH MATCH

At the end of the day, Ghidora was walking along the road looking for an inn. The first to appear was a bunch of Daillor's Rahkshi army, with said Dallior in command. Fortunately, their huge profile allowed Ghidora to spot them from far away. A hasty imprisonment of ice and a pie bomb threw them into chaos. Ghidora followed up with a very good Micheal Jackson imitation.

Unfortunately, that distracted him from Underscore, who knocked him over with a fist of Stone. The two grabbed Ghidora's Mask of Ultimate power and decided to book it.

Ghidora took off too, heading for Ga-Metru. "Hey Voltex!" Ghidora yelled. Then he took off running. Midway through his run, he realized that he had nothing to attack Voltex with. Fortunately, Voltex had chosen to ignore him.

He had just slowed down, breathing hard, when a bunch of vines laced with fire charged straight for him. It would have been deadly if Portal had not opened a gaping maw of earth under him at that exact moment. "Thanks buddy," the insanetoran breathed...only to see a puzzled expression on Portal's face.

Distracted, Portal never saw the rampaging Bohrok hit him from behind. Pahrak #0579 was more than happy to claim Portal's Mask of Ultimate Power, but fortunately the portalmaster was able to escape before he was killed.

Ghidora, however, wasn't so lucky as a bunch of vines filled the underground space.

Ghidora, Crazytoran, abducted by Morbuzakh.

Then after all of that, Toa Kapura speed into Pahrak #0579, taking off with one of Pahrak's Masks of Ultimate Power. 

Somewhere else, Aerixx drove above Underscore. Apparently, having a flying car is useful for finding Ko-metru Great Disks and avoiding traffic jams, just like pinapple bombs are useful for killing people. Unfortunately for him, Underscore was able to hear said flying car and use a wall of earth to shield himself.

BEGINNING OF ROUND 2 DISK FINDING

You will receive a PM shortly with details on what happened to you tonight. If you have not been abducted by the Morbuzakh, please post the names of the disks that you wish to acquire below. (Losing your Mask of Ultimate Power does not preclude you from finding more disks.)

Go!