So I have the Jetrax T6, one of my favorite Bionicle sets ever and actually still have it put together after all of these years (it is quite dusty). I have been curious about making it's alternate model, the first wheeled vehicle in MU history and built by Avak, the Destral Cycle (i bet it was previously called the Odina Cycle), and today/yesterday (it's about midnight here) I decided to sit down to try and build it. I have a bit of a problem though: I love this set, I think it is just too cool, and I wanted to know if the motor cycle of sound was worth tearing the aerial vehicle apart over.

Anyone have some advice? :confused:

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I completely forgot that this existed.  :o

Anyways, I haven't built this alternate model myself. But I will say that it looks cool IMO. My only advice would be that if you really want to build it, then do so. And if you find that you don't like it, then take it apart and rebuild the Jetrax T6. I can't offer you anymore advice than that.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's a fun building experience, but I think the Jetrax tops it overall

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

TheOneVeyronian has just finished building the destral cycle (sans wheels!) and I think she bricklinked the parts for it. Of course if you were only planning to build it temporarily there's not much point to it but if you really didn't want to take apart your Jetrax then it's a valid option! Alternatively... The Limited Edition Jetrax is an even cooler set than the standard blue one. If you get yourself one of them then perhaps you won't feel so bad about taking apart the original :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I'll admit, I've had the Destral Cycle built since shortly after I bought the Jetrax and the Instructions were released. While it lacks any of the unique functions that the Jetrax has, I feel it makes up for it in sleek design and just generally how Bad*** it looks. I'm a huge fan of it, though I've also made a few minor changes/additions to the base design over the years.

Though with everything above I would be lying if I said it was perfect. Building it I ran into a few issues, primarily the wheels, front and back. The connection points for them tend to be too stiff, causing them to not turn like they should. Of course this is a simple fix if you leave some minor gapping in the connections, so they they have room to wiggle and turn more freely.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm pretty sure I bought a second Jetrax T6 (or third, if you count the yellow one) to build the Destral Cycle. Then again, this was back in 2008 when the set was still readily available. At this point, if you like the Jetrax T6, but want to build the Destral Cycle, it's not worth taking apart the Jetrax or buying a new one. I think your best option is to buy the necessary parts off BrickLink. It'll probably be cheaper than buying another Jetrax.

Myself, I'm pretty sure I own every set, including both Jetrax versions, and every combiner for 2008 excluding the possibly never-released European promos. But I was just an obsessed fan who wanted everything, so that meant buying more than one of any set that was used in a combiner. It's quite understandable that not every fan is like that.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water