Bionicle 2015 is a continuation of Bionicle G1

So recently I've been thinking what if the new Bionicle story is either a continuation or an alternate universe from G1. I mean since the Toa arrived without memory it might be possible that all 6 Toa were reformed by Mata Nui and sent to a new planet. This new planet, possibly created by Mata Nui to expand the universe was corrupted and he called for the Toa. They arrive and boom, 2015. This is just my thought though you guys might hate it or question it. But please tell me what you think.

Well, we've been told by the creators of the new BIONICLE sets and story that it's not a continuation, so that kind of shoots down that theory. As Steen Lindeberg (marketing director for BIONICLE 2015) says about two minutes into this video, "let me start out by saying, it's a reboot, so all the talks and all the speculations, put them aside — it's a reboot." Now, whether it might be connected to the G1 story as some kind of alternate universe is perhaps more debatable, but the possibility of it being a continuation within the same timeline of the same universe has pretty much been eliminated.

• Upvote 3

Oh boy another connection theory. This one doesn't seem to have much to it though and I believe them being on an alternate planet within the system or even another one entirely is viable as a loophole to explain the theory behind the Toa being their Mata incarnations. Yeah that was a bit of a mouthful. Anyway what more do you have to support your theory over the others that follow this line of reasoning?

I mean sure one can say that the Toa lost their memory as they did in Gen1 during this travel but these theories are a dime a dozen. SO can you elaborate on your idea and maybe shine some much needed light that the others have not?

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh boy another connection theory. This one doesn't seem to have much to it though and I believe them being on an alternate planet within the system or even another one entirely is viable as a loophole to explain the theory behind the Toa being their Mata incarnations. Yeah that was a bit of a mouthful. Anyway what more do you have to support your theory over the others that follow this line of reasoning?

I mean sure one can say that the Toa lost their memory as they did in Gen1 during this travel but these theories are a dime a dozen. SO can you elaborate on your idea and maybe shine some much needed light that the others have not?

You know I might just do that, and sorry for the basic idea I was just throwing the basics of it out there. But I can definitely gather up some type of explanation that further supports this theory.  

Isn't much of a plausible. theory when most of it depends on hypotheticals. Let me try one of those for the heck of it.

BIONICLE 2015 is connect to Gen 1 because in gen 1 the Fikou began to migrate to other planets, the fikou then evolved into skull spiders and then Mata Nui sent Toa to this new planet to kill off the Skull Fikou Spider things.

As much as I would like it to happen it just doesn't seem plausible... yet... Wait until we get more story info. What do we have so far for the past 6 months? Generic plot? Toa come to Island. Toa Find Mask. Toa fight eeeeeevvvvviiiilllll. Oh and Ekimu and Makuta thing....

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I don't think 2015 is a continuation, because aanchir explained: "we've been told by the creators of the new BIONICLE sets and story that it's not a continuation..."

Isn't much of a plausible. theory when most of it depends on hypotheticals. Let me try one of those for the heck of it.

BIONICLE 2015 is connect to Gen 1 because in gen 1 the Fikou began to migrate to other planets, the fikou then evolved into skull spiders and then Mata Nui sent Toa to this new planet to kill off the Skull Fikou Spider things.

As much as I would like it to happen it just doesn't seem plausible... yet... Wait until we get more story info. What do we have so far for the past 6 months? Generic plot? Toa come to Island. Toa Find Mask. Toa fight eeeeeevvvvviiiilllll. Oh and Ekimu and Makuta thing....

I wish they at least started one internal conflict with the protectors or something like that just to get you thinking.  But then I saw the age range and a few of the other things they are doing, the chances of a more elaborate plot anytime soon seem unlikely. :( 

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I don't think 2015 is a continuation, because aanchir explained: "we've been told by the creators of the new BIONICLE sets and story that it's not a continuation..."

I wish they at least started one internal conflict with the protectors or something like that just to get you thinking.  But then I saw the age range and a few of the other things they are doing, the chances of a more elaborate plot anytime soon seem unlikely. :(

The age range? You mean, the one that's "8–14" instead of "7+" like the classic sets? Don't see why that would have any impact on the plot...

The less involved plot of the new theme has less to do with the age range (which is not that different from the classic theme) and more to do with the fact that the convoluted plot of the original theme was a major factor in its decline and eventual demise.

Not that I don't think the plot will develop further as the year goes on. But if you plan to keep a story going for years and years, it pays to avoid frontloading it with lots of confusing lore and terminology, because starting with that and adding to it continuously will create a story that dissuades newcomers and younger fans, until the target age of the sets and average age of the fanbase become almost completely incompatible.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

And TLG have learned to keep a story running for years and keep a fan base alive, with China and Ninjago. Feel free to correct me, but those two themes are better indicators of tone and complexity for G2 than G1.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

And TLG have learned to keep a story running for years and keep a fan base alive, with China and Ninjago. Feel free to correct me, but those two themes are better indicators of tone and complexity for G2 than G1.

from what i've heard, even Ninjago has trouble remembering Ninjago Lore sometimes.

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

The age range? You mean, the one that's "8–14" instead of "7+" like the classic sets? Don't see why that would have any impact on the plot...

The less involved plot of the new theme has less to do with the age range (which is not that different from the classic theme) and more to do with the fact that the convoluted plot of the original theme was a major factor in its decline and eventual demise.

Not that I don't think the plot will develop further as the year goes on. But if you plan to keep a story going for years and years, it pays to avoid frontloading it with lots of confusing lore and terminology, because starting with that and adding to it continuously will create a story that dissuades newcomers and younger fans, until the target age of the sets and average age of the fanbase become almost completely incompatible.

Convoluted plot, seriously?  I was 4 when the toa metru came out and I had no problem following the "convoluted" plot and terminology.  How old were you?

• Upvote 1

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

Convoluted plot, seriously?  I was 4 when the toa metru came out and I had no problem following the "convoluted" plot and terminology.  How old were you?

Me? I was 10 when the Toa Mata came out. And I loved all the complex terminology and lore.

But the thing you need to realize is that people like you and me are not the majority. I was a HUGE nerd growing up, so I had no issue staying on top of the Bionicle story. But when I talk to my former classmates about things like Bionicle? The ones who even DID get into Bionicle often couldn't follow the story—if they knew anything about it, they knew the movies, and often they didn't even know the names of the characters they had.

A huge part of the design of the new Bionicle theme is accessibility. Character names are kept simple and superfluous terminology is kept to a minimum. The main story is told through short animations that are easy to keep up with or catch up on. Perhaps that counts as "dumbing the story down", but a story can be simple and still be good, and in many ways the classic story suffered from the opposite problem (being bloated and inaccessible to new fans).

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It's a HARD reboot whether we like it or not, and we have no choice but to put up and shut up.

Can you tell I disapprove of their decision? :P

• Upvote 2

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think G2 Bionicle goes beyond a hard reboot-- G2 is extremely different so far for G1. (The beginning is pretty similar, though.)

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

--SNIP--

Me? I was 10 when the Toa Mata came out. And I loved all the complex terminology and lore.

But the thing you need to realize is that people like you and me are not the majority. I was a HUGE nerd growing up, so I had no issue staying on top of the Bionicle story. But when I talk to my former classmates about things like Bionicle? The ones who even DID get into Bionicle often couldn't follow the story—if they knew anything about it, they knew the movies, and often they didn't even know the names of the characters they had.

A huge part of the design of the new Bionicle theme is accessibility. Character names are kept simple and superfluous terminology is kept to a minimum. The main story is told through short animations that are easy to keep up with or catch up on. Perhaps that counts as "dumbing the story down", but a story can be simple and still be good, and in many ways the classic story suffered from the opposite problem (being bloated and inaccessible to new fans).

So you were 14 or so during the Metru arc?  I had classmates like that too, but I noticed something else; it wasn't too hard for them they just had no real interest in the story and found the characters to be neat.  

Both generations were accessible, to catch up on the G1 story you just had to go to Bionicle story dot com; but the only problem with that was do you really want to read super long pages just to get up to speed with the story?  So the new Bionicle theme is more accessible and even though the animations can be viewed as dumbing the story down simple stories can still be good.    But I think a touch of humor like the Avenger's series (movies not the comics) would help make it better...okay Avengers was not one of my best examples how about Signs?  :P

Yikes!

My examples are getting bad; EXAMPLE DOCTORS!?  Wait you doctor's are just cardboard standees only because your examples of good doctors?  Well you definitely aren't the examples of high quality cardboard!

Now I have to consult my imaginary speech therapist, hopefully she isn't out sick again...

See how a little bit of humor helps?  Or did I miss the ball entirely?  It keeps rolling to fast for me to jump on it.  

• Upvote 1

I saw the title, and I had to say was:

Oh great, another one of these...

Unless it is later revealed to be otherwise, these kind of these are best suited for fan fiction.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

I have a headcanon about this, actually. (groans from audience)

I thought that, according to the alternate universe theory proven to exist in Bionicle G1, this is an alternate reality where the Toa Mata awaken Mata Nui in year one, rather than year much later (minor discrepancies included). It's kind of a chance for the story team to go where they originally were planning on going in 2001.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran