Skeletal Dragon

Dude your renders are great! How long do they usually take? The MOC itself is fantastic no question but I'm quite possibly getting into rendering so I want to know what it will involve. However, I have quite a few things going on over summer, so I'll only get enough time to do that later on.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Oh my.

This is... hold on, I need to find words that would do this justice.

Oh wait, can't think of any.

I Love the level of detail that has gone into this, especially the ribcage, tail, and those awesome wings. you really made this look like a real skeleton.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Dude your renders are great! How long do they usually take? The MOC itself is fantastic no question but I'm quite possibly getting into rendering so I want to know what it will involve. However, I have quite a few things going on over summer, so I'll only get enough time to do that later on.

:tohu:

You might find this subforum on Eurobricks useful then: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=128 - it is there where I learned pretty much all there is to rendering and there's some great tools you can download there. if you want, PM me and I'll point you to some specific threads perhaps  :)

Though I will say: these renders are enhanced slightly during post processing using Photoshop's "Smart Fix" tool (used mainly to get the white MOC to really stand out from the similar coloured background).

Ah yes, the classic LDD to POV Ray converter, it makes rendering easy. This is a pretty good MOC, but I thought the upper limbs needed some gaps.

Only one of the three images uses POV-Ray and the LDD2POV-Ray converter  ;) The alternate views are actually done in a new renderer for LDD called Bluerender - it has a surprisingly good quality/time ratio and is extremely simple to use. And the upper limbs - I don't think they need gaps as such, maybe they could do with a little slimming down round the middle but that was a real pain to do effectively at that scale.

Oh my.

This is... hold on, I need to find words that would do this justice.

Oh wait, can't think of any.

I Love the level of detail that has gone into this, especially the ribcage, tail, and those awesome wings. you really made this look like a real skeleton.

Ah, thanks for your kind words. Appears the model is looking exactly what I intended it to look like  :D

EDIT: It's a shame that SBC really isn't visited all that often, there's plenty of awesome stuff here... but I thought I'd add that I'm going to attempt to build a black version of the dragon in real life, so if you're interested to see that, keep a watch on my Flickr really as I doubt it will be 100% finished in 60 days, by which time I won't be able to share it here due to forum rules (if it applies to making a real version of an LDD MOC with a complete colour change - that seems a bit of a gray area? Anyone want to clarify that?)

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Nice work girl! Really loving it, the rib cage is a thing of beauty. It could just be the posing but it has a real feline quality to it I think. But maybe that's just me :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This really needs to be a set. Maybe along with the other Dragons in the Ninjago line. Have you thought about submitting it to the Lego ideas site?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Sorry this reply is so late - in case you can't tell, I don't really check BZP as often as I should  :P

This really needs to be a set. Maybe along with the other Dragons in the Ninjago line. Have you thought about submitting it to the Lego ideas site?

No, I haven't thought about doing that (I'm the polar opposite of those people who stick every single MOC they make on Ideas and beg for votes), I'm not even a member of Ideas yet! Maybe I should. However I'm halfway through building it in real life (a white version) and I know it just wouldn't work as a real set - there's so many fiddly and fragile connections and the vertebra rotate freely if you turn the ribcage upside down. I am yet to see if the model will stand on it's own, since I don't have all the parts just yet.

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

Sorry this reply is so late - in case you can't tell, I don't really check BZP as often as I should  :P

No, I haven't thought about doing that (I'm the polar opposite of those people who stick every single MOC they make on Ideas and beg for votes), I'm not even a member of Ideas yet! Maybe I should. However I'm halfway through building it in real life (a white version) and I know it just wouldn't work as a real set - there's so many fiddly and fragile connections and the vertebra rotate freely if you turn the ribcage upside down. I am yet to see if the model will stand on it's own, since I don't have all the parts just yet.

Yeah, building it in real life would be a bonus so you can see in real-time what effects the joints have and how gravity and play value effects the build and its stability. I hope you choose to check up on BZP more often and give us updates on the real build. Maybe a video if you have that capability.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 3 weeks later...

I finally finished the real life version of the Skeletal Dragon in all it's more fragile than bone china - it took hours to just get it to stay together glory!  :D To answer people's questions about how fragile this would be in real life, the answer is: very very fragile. I think I eventually resorted to shouting at it just to get it all to stay together  :P 

20045331188_1b8bb2d54b_z.jpg

And I've also made some instructions for it using Bluerender, just click on the picture below to view and download the PDF.

19612187593_3447ee542d_z.jpg

And click here for the list of parts in XML form, which you can just copy and paste into Bricklink's mass wanted list upload section should you want to BL your very own skellie dragon. Just be sure to give me credit if you use all or part of the build in your own MOC's  ;)

Any questions or thoughts about it, feel free to post here or PM me  :)

• 3 weeks later...