LEGO Bionicle and Elves Chapter Book Covers Revealed!

Amazon.com has finally uploaded cover images for the new LEGO Bionicle chapter book Island of Lost Masks and the new LEGO Elves chapter book Quest for the Keys, both of which are due for release August 25, 2015. The Island of Lost Masks cover is only shown on the Kindle e-book listing, probably due to a misentry on Amazon (the paperback edition is listed as Island of the Lost Masks), but I think we can safely assume the cover will be the same for both editions.

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Slightly edited stock image of a tie-in product for a cover? Glad to have you back, BIONICLE books.

(The font the title uses is the same as the one used for the Toa's names in their respective videos, that's some neat visual continuity.)

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

:D Oh Bionicle novels, how I missed you. Glad to have you back.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Seems like the Elves book is just a retread of the 20 minute video from earlier this year. Might get it anyway if I have some spare cash. 

Yeah. Generally I don't like getting novelizations. Sometimes, if you're lucky, they might have tidbits that were absent from the movies or shows they're adapting, like the Lohrak scene from BIONICLE Adventures #4. But while that and a few glossy screenshots in the center might have been enough for me to invest in such books as a kid, now that I'm an adult I don't buy novelizations on the off chance they include material like that.

I haven't bought any of the Ninjago chapter books except the ones that tell original stories (the original four and "A Team Divided"). The rest, as far as I can tell, are just novelizations. I might someday buy them to complete the series but it's far from being a priority when there are so many other books out there which tell stories I can't find elsewhere.

Of course, we can't rule out the possibility that the Elves chapter book's description is a placeholder. Plus, the Elves TV special and the BIONICLE webisodes are all short enough that adaptations might make them more thorough just by adding more narration and internal monologue. But either way I'm going to want to see them for myself before deciding whether or not to buy them.

Seems like the Elves book is just a retread of the 20 minute video from earlier this year. Might get it anyway if I have some spare cash. 

Yeah. Generally I don't like getting novelizations. Sometimes, if you're lucky, they might have tidbits that were absent from the movies or shows they're adapting, like the Lohrak scene from BIONICLE Adventures #4. But while that and a few glossy screenshots in the center might have been enough for me to invest in such books as a kid, now that I'm an adult I don't buy novelizations on the off chance they include material like that.

I haven't bought any of the Ninjago chapter books except the ones that tell original stories (the original four and "A Team Divided"). The rest, as far as I can tell, are just novelizations. I might someday buy them to complete the series but it's far from being a priority when there are so many other books out there which tell stories I can't find elsewhere.

Of course, we can't rule out the possibility that the Elves chapter book's description is a placeholder. Plus, the Elves TV special and the BIONICLE webisodes are all short enough that adaptations might make them more thorough just by adding more narration and internal monologue. But either way I'm going to want to see them for myself before deciding whether or not to buy them.

I'm getting the Bionicle one in the hope that it will have more detail that the animations skipped over, though. I'm just not as invested in the Elves theme to declare that I'm going to buy the novelization when it seems like there will be no new detail or content in it. 

But that's just me. I much prefer novelizations of things (you're talking to the person who read every Bionicle movie novelization before watching the respective movie), but retreading the same story ground is something I tend to find boring unless the story is really good, and the first Elves episode doesn't quite make that grade. 

I pretty much agree, although I did think the Legend Reborn novelization did a good job adding stuff that really should have been in the film: explaining character motivations for their weird dialogue, justifying/explaining why the Skrall are doing what they're doing, explaining strategy stuff, actually saying "kill" or "die," etc. Another pretty good non-Lego example is the Revenge of the Sith novelization, which adds a lot of character motivation and detail to a bad, poorly-written movie. Non-lego novelizations tend to stick pretty close to the film though, and are largely cheaply produced throwaways just to promote the movie, so yeah it's usually a pass.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

And the saga of Tahu overshadowing everyone else in the Gen 2 story continues! :P

Joking aside, I do agree that this isn't the best book cover ever. But I'm more interested in its content than its cover. I really hope it gives us a good story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 weeks later...