How nostalgic is Bionicle to you?

As someone who has quite recently (re)discovered a love for Bionicle after I was really into it as a 9-11 year old kid, I feel pangs of nostalgia when I look back and remember how much fun it was to play with those cool sets, collect them and read the story material. I loved the story as something epic and engaging with me going on the Bionicle website at least once a day exploring it and reading up on all of the extras included on the website. As someone who is looking back as a 16 year old with the glasses of nostalgia on, I feel that everything has held up pretty well. It was and is pretty avant-garde toy line and at a time when Lego fell on hard times in the early 2000s. So the obvious question I must ask the BZPower community: to what degree does Bionicle bring nostalgia to you?

Very nostalgic. Bionicle's been in my life since I was 5. Though, it hasn't 'aged' well. When the 2015 sets came out, I was like: "Awesome!". But I didn't feel an overwhelming childhood rush.

I guess Hero Factory just ruined the Constraction genre for me.  :dazed:  :uhuh:  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

BIONICLE was my childhood. My overall interest waned a little as G1 aged (I stopped really following the story in earnest when the Bara Magna saga began), but I still have fond memories of the line.

Still haven't gotten a single G2 set yet, though. I lack the childish enthusiasm for the sets and story that I had before, but that's to be expected.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The 2004 story arc is the most special to me since that's when I got into bionicle. I only began getting into the story long after it ended and now, I can spout tons of useless trivia facts because of all the research I did for the BZPRPG.  :P

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Awww man, at 5 years old I went to McDonald's and got Onepu. From there on it was Gahlok, Gahlok Va, Levahk, Pohatu Nuva, Lehrak and Kurahk, Toa Lhikan, two Vaki, Toa Metru Nokama, Nuju, and Whenua, two Visorak, Sidorakk, Thok, Hakkan, Inika Jaller, Inika Kongu, Vezon and Fenrakk, Takadox, Dekar, one of the Hydruka, Kalmah, Carper, Pridak, Ehlek, Toa Mahri Hahli, Jaller, Lesovikk, Nuparu, Hydraxon, Maxilos and Spinax, Vamprah, Toa Lewa AA, Toa Pohatu AA,Kopaka AA, Chirox, Toa Ignika, Toa Gali AA, Gresh, Makuta Teridax, and Mata Nui in that specific order. I can remember each year with absolute fondness and love to reminisce. That said, I get the same feeling I did back then from the 2015 sets, and I'm enamored by each and every one of them. This is also the first time I have the ability to get them all, which makes me happy.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

For me, it's a little bit nostalgic overall. Ever since I started actually collecting Bionicle sets at the age of four in 2003, I've never really gone away from the sets nor the story. I nearly started closing in on a dark age last year, but the leaks arrived just in time to prevent that from ever happening. 

It's nostalgic when it comes to memories from 2003 - 2009, but in terms of actually building the sets, no. When I got the first bunch of Generation 2 sets on the 19th of January, this year, there was much excitement but only a bit of nostalgia for building Tahu - Master of Fire. Tahu Nuva was my first Toa set ever, so it only made sense that by building the new Tahu first, I'd get a nostalgia rush because of the memory of my dad taking me to Kmart and randomly buying me Tahu Nuva. 

Apart from that, I don't get nostalgia rushes when building the new sets. I do however, feel nostalgic when watching various Bionicle media from Generation 1. So yes, it is nostalgic for me, but to a smaller degree than how some other people have it.

Edited by Rooster Nui

Very nostalgic. Bionicle's been in my life since I was 5. Though, it hasn't 'aged' well. When the 2015 sets came out, I was like: "Awesome!". But I didn't feel an overwhelming childhood rush.

I guess Hero Factory just ruined the Constraction genre for me.  :dazed:  :uhuh:  

Or you're just older now and simply won't feel the same wonder you felt when you were younger.  Happens to everyone, happens for me.  As much as I still love LEGO and BIONICLE, nothing will match the feeling of literally discovering the Bohrok in-store, no catalogs or websites or anything, just suddenly seeing them on the shelf and having no idea what these new things are but very much wanting to know.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

since i popped in at about 2005, and was around 8, i guess i can't say i have too much personal nostalgia to the 2001-2003 "classic" bionicle. (i'm an ignition fan to the core, sorry. ;n; )

still, Bionicle is literally my life, (well, since 2011 it's also kinda Homestuck but Bionicle is still at least 48% of my life. :t) and i get nostalgia so terribly badly, like, feelings of want for time that i can no longer have, or that need to once again maybe experience it for the first time, which is basically impossible.

idk, i get nostalgic over a LOT of stuff, but Bionicle is, again, my life basically.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

"I have been called many things, nostalgic is not one of them." - Tony Stark

I got this random craving for 2006 Piraka animations a few months back, but that was to compare them to the 2015 animations. Obviously, 2006 was better, because the mini-games and the EPIC AVAK SONG totally had appeal. Plus Confrontation.

I guess that was nostalgia. Sometimes I get nostalgic for when me and my brother would fight each other in Glatorian Arena 3. It's the online games, I think, that seem to hold the most staying power in the "positive memory" section. (But I always want new ones, so.)

But it seems that nostalgia never seems to be a big factor in my choice of thinking. I don't even have GA3 on my computer anymore - it takes someone else to mention their favorite online game for me to go back. Or I want to dig deeper into more analysis. That's why stuff like books and stuff never fully trigger it, because every time I read a book I get something new out of it.

As such, I feel like I'm a very future oriented person. Nostalgia isn't a huge factor in Bionicle much for me - I'm always looking ahead to the next new Bionicle thing. (And CCBS is highly innovative and I want to do so much with it. Yes. :) I just never get the time.) 

Extremely nostalgiac. It was my childhood, and I still work on collecting more sets and media. Literally, just now, I open up Makuta's Guide to the Universe to read through it because I love looking back and seeing all the dots and stories connect over the years. 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Silly people who think they would have nostalgia from 2015. We get nostalgia from memories, not just having the set themselves. It takes time. No one was nostalgic of 2001 until AFTERWARDS. Although, I do feel an odd nostalgia for the new Gali. I built her while hanging out with my cousin on January 1st, and I was so enthralled by the detail on her mask and how cool she looked. She felt like a true BIONICLE compared to the Glatorian that we received at the end of the franchise. Not to mention some of my favorite things about BIONICLE are back. MASKS AND FUNCTIONS AND BRAIN STALKS.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 1

Memory problems prevent me from being nostalgic. Though when ever I do get into a new set line, I still get involved. It's always fun building a new set. Then dismantling it five minutes later ^_^

I think I must agree with you there. It is most likely my memory that is why i have that nostalgic rush. I believe it is me trying to back to a time of my life that, while far from perfect, was a period in my life that I was more happy-go-lucky and naive to the problems around me. Cut to five years later when my interest in the sets started to wane back in late 2009 when they started discontinuing Bionicle and I was going through some life changes. Traumatic events happened to me in those five years that shattered my previous life to smithereens that my memory of them is sadly starting to become fuzzy and distorted. Man, I am starting to get a little depressed writing this  :cry: . I didn't realize Bionicle would get me this nostalgic.

• Upvote 1

I'm very nostalgic for old BIONICLE stuff, though of course when I look back on some older sets and stories, their shortcomings are also thrown into sharp relief. When I pull out an old Toa set, I'm struck not just by how cool it was for its time, but also how far the sets have come in the intervening time (especially in terms of proportions and articulation). Likewise with older stories, I might remember the events fondly, but I'm also acutely aware of how awkward some of those moments were and how some of their complexity might have alienated more casual fans. That doesn't diminish my love for the older sets and stories, but I generally avoid looking at them through rose-colored glasses.

BIONICLE's first generation was a real learning process for LEGO, and they didn't always have the best storytelling, design, and marketing strategies. But what they did have was an ambitious vision, and I think they managed to realize that vision quite well for a company that had never before managed an IP of this kind.

• Upvote 3

When people talk about the past i remember a lot of stuff from old parks that don't exist anymore to old TV shows from 2006-2008 but when the topic of toys come out i always remember BIONICLE because i really enjoyed it and i have a lot of nostalgia for that series and thanks to that whenever i go to a store where i remember seeing a Bionicle set i always go to the toy department to see if at least they have an old set sadly i have seen none.  

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

When people talk about the past i remember a lot of stuff from old parks that don't exist anymore to old TV shows from 2006-2008 but when the topic of toys come out i always remember BIONICLE because i really enjoyed it and i have a lot of nostalgia for that series and thanks to that whenever i go to a store where i remember seeing a Bionicle set i always go to the toy department to see if at least they have an old set sadly i have seen none.  

Your story is somewhat similar to mine. I too was the most nostalgic for Bionicle out all of the toys that I played with and enjoyed back in the day. I was also nostalgic for LEGO in general, but Bionicle just stuck out because of its relative uniqueness from the rest of the LEGO line (not that I am not nostalgic for these too). I started in either 2006 or 2007. 

• Upvote 1

Your story is somewhat similar to mine. I too was the most nostalgic for Bionicle out all of the toys that I played with and enjoyed back in the day. I was also nostalgic for LEGO in general, but Bionicle just stuck out because of its relative uniqueness from the rest of the LEGO line (not that I am not nostalgic for these too). I started in either 2006 or 2007. 

Wow same with me i started Bionicle in 2006 or 2007 by getting as my first sets Jaller and Kalmah.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

No it doesn't, when I was four I got into Bionicle with the toa metru and stuck with the series, started MOCing, you guys know how it goes.  The reason I am not nostalgic is because I am fifteen, I have started to grow out of it.  I can still appreciate the sets and MOC/animate with them from time to time but it's not like I can't put them in storage due to their sentimental value.  

What might help you guys get rid of your nostalgia is if you look at it like this: Do you want to be the thirty year old who still plays with his/her toys or the thirty year old who has a job he/she loves and excels in and might be well on his/her way to a (top-notch) promotion after only a year of work?

Edited by Mocmaker

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

What might help you guys get rid of your nostalgia is if you look at it like this: Do you want to be the thirty year old who still plays with his/her toys or the thirty year old who has a job he/she loves and excels in and might be well on his/her way to a (top-notch) promotion after only a year of work?

Why can't one be both? o:

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

No it doesn't, when I was four I got into Bionicle with the toa metru and stuck with the series, started MOCing, you guys know how it goes.  The reason I am not nostalgic is because I am fifteen, I have started to grow out of it.  I can still appreciate the sets and MOC/animate with them from time to time but it's not like I can't put them in storage due to their sentimental value.  

I have multiple friends who aren't even 30 yet and have managed both! There's no reason you can't succeed at a job you love and still have hobbies, or even use your hobbies as a stepping stone towards a job you'll love and succeed at.

I generally don't play with many of my classic BIONICLE sets regularly any more either (I'm having a lot more fun with the new stuff), but you don't have to enjoy things the same way you did when you were a kid to be nostalgic for those things you enjoyed. And as long as nostalgia for the past isn't keeping you from discovering new things to enjoy, I don't see it as something that you should be in any hurry to be rid of!

• Upvote 3

No it doesn't, when I was four I got into Bionicle with the toa metru and stuck with the series, started MOCing, you guys know how it goes. The reason I am not nostalgic is because I am fifteen, I have started to grow out of it. I can still appreciate the sets and MOC/animate with them from time to time but it's not like I can't put them in storage due to their sentimental value.

Yes, I want to be the thirty-year-old who still enjoys creating things with a fun building system. My interest in LEGO has lasted over fourteen years, so I don't think another eight years is going to kill it for me. Getting older doesn't mean you have to stop doing what you enjoy; if anything, it just gives you a greater opportunity to enjoy it.
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

My nostalgia for BIONICLE is a core component of my general nostalgia for my teenage years. The years of 2001 through 2003 and 2006 through 2009 are prime examples of time periods of great change and notable events in my life, many of which I look back on fondly in the midst of my busy, professional adult life. I am just so lucky that in those years, TLG produced so many cool BIONICLE sets to accompany the story of my life. I still cherish those mask collections and canister sets I've collected, and like many have already noted, building them again is a sure-fire way to invoke the flood of memories in my mind.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

No it doesn't, when I was four I got into Bionicle with the toa metru and stuck with the series, started MOCing, you guys know how it goes. The reason I am not nostalgic is because I am fifteen, I have started to grow out of it. I can still appreciate the sets and MOC/animate with them from time to time but it's not like I can't put them in storage due to their sentimental value.

Yes, I want to be the thirty-year-old who still enjoys creating things with a fun building system. My interest in LEGO has lasted over fourteen years, so I don't think another eight years is going to kill it for me. Getting older doesn't mean you have to stop doing what you enjoy; if anything, it just gives you a greater opportunity to enjoy it.

I'm a 24 year old with a full time career. I live with my girlfriend in a condo with our dog. I still legitimately play with my bioncle sets most days of the week, and have literally every set I own on display somewhere in my place.

Now back on topic, it is incredibly nostalgic. To this day, I can't look at gali mata or a tarakava without getting feelings of being 10 again and fighting with them in my parents living room. Every time I look at sidorak, I get a rush of being a teenager again, watching WoS over and over and over and over again and plotting how sidorak didn't actually die and how he's simply awaiting the right moment to swoop back in and take control. I doubt these emotions will ever go away. I'm an incredibly sentimental person, and bionicle is one of the nearest and dearest things to my heart.

• Upvote 4

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

Bionicle is without a doubt the most nostalgic toy/hobby for me. Especially the years 2001 and 2002. I still watch the old commercials and animations from time to time and I regularly listen to musical pieces from the movies or games like the MNOG. Bionicle was a huge part of my childhood and it definitely inspired me in numerous ways and shaped me into the person I am today, for wich I am very thankful.

Hail Denmark

Both, if possible.

To be honest, your post is dripping with pretension. Do you think you're gifted with some special wisdom about adulthood due to having reached the ripe old age of fifteen? Most adult Lego fans have been at the point you're at where they thought they had "grown out" of Lego. Then, eventually, they grew out of the idea that "growing out" of Lego has to be a thing. It's so common that AFOLs have a term for it: the "dark ages", the years between abandoning a favorite hobby due to teenage pretensions of maturity and then rediscovering it as an adult after they learn that adulthood doesn't make the things you used to enjoy any less fun or fulfilling. But again, you're three years out from even being able to consider yourself an adult. I'd love to hear five, ten, fifteen years from now whether your naïve idea of what adulthood entails has turned out the way you plan.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The reason I am not nostalgic is because I am fifteen, I have started to grow out of it.  I can still appreciate the sets and MOC/animate with them from time to time but it's not like I can't put them in storage due to their sentimental value.  

This is cute. I mean, this is just cute. This used to be my own mindset, but then I turned sixteen and found out that my life was slowly nearing towards college and that I had to make the most of my time before I got there. And I did. But when I became a high school student at fourteen, my goal was to completely give up on everything that made my childhood somewhat meaningful.

The thing is, you can still accomplish both hobbies and career success, or even scholastic success. I'm a nursing student with an all-A record and somehow I still have the time to practice the trumpet and build.

All I ask of you is to make the most of your time now, because if you're fifteen, you are well on your way to higher education.

(But if I may ask, if you've already made up your mind, then why are you still here? Is it because you like to build, or because you're making the most of your time, or both?)

Edited by FordianL
  • Upvote 3

@ Everyone else who replied to my post. (The quote button isn't working.): Lower your flame swords and read.

Wouldn't you appreciate your Bionicle characters more if you were to share them with your future kids?  They would definitely like them just as much as you do! :)  Imagine all of the good memories and nostalgia it would bring back watching them enjoy them!  (You can play with your kids as well.)

@Lyichir: No, how can I be wise in a world in which I know barely a percentage about?  It isn't I want to be grown out of it, I am growing out of it; I have been losing interest in it.  That is why I joined this forum to get back in to it and enjoy the last few years of childhood.

@FordianL: *Reads post in which he is talking down to me and guessing that I'm trying to grow out of it.  Then some nice advice in the end.*  How cute.  :)

Edited by Mocmaker

If you don't like people that use their head and stand up to bullies, then you may not like me because I deal with bullies head on!  

I do not want to jump on the hate train, Mocmaker. So I won't.

I love Bionicle with all my heart. There was a time when I did not. I now regret that time. 

However, there are other friends who I know who liked, or even loved Bionicle as I did. Now they don't. They have girlfriends and sports and work and school and college and more. I think I'd be better off if I forgot about Bionicle, but I cannot. I cannot let go of my nerdy hobbies and pastimes, for better or for worse. 

Everyone has to make this choice, and it's nobody's place to question anyone else's choice. Let's respect that. 

• Upvote 2

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Both, if possible.

To be honest, your post is dripping with pretension. Do you think you're gifted with some special wisdom about adulthood due to having reached the ripe old age of fifteen? Most adult Lego fans have been at the point you're at where they thought they had "grown out" of Lego. Then, eventually, they grew out of the idea that "growing out" of Lego has to be a thing. It's so common that AFOLs have a term for it: the "dark ages", the years between abandoning a favorite hobby due to teenage pretensions of maturity and then rediscovering it as an adult after they learn that adulthood doesn't make the things you used to enjoy any less fun or fulfilling. But again, you're three years out from even being able to consider yourself an adult. I'd love to hear five, ten, fifteen years from now whether your naïve idea of what adulthood entails has turned out the way you plan.

Well, I am at the age of sixteen, and, although I am embarrassed to talk about it since no one gets (except for this community) my now rejuvenated enthusiasm for both LEGO and Bionicle, I wouldn't merely just shove it out of my life again after last time that happened around 2012 (Bionicle by 2011) because of my inability to play with it because of my late Chihuahua puppy (he wanted to eat anything and everything and our apartment was small). Unless I can search my garage soon, I might have lost a very large bin of LEGO parts (and some Bionicle parts as well). It would suck, but I'd save and buy someone else's lot at a garage sale or eBay and continue on with my passion that has been sidelined for a while, but not forgotten.

I love Bionicle with all my heart. There was a time when I did not. I now regret that time. 

However, there are other friends who I know who liked, or even loved Bionicle as I did. Now they don't. They have girlfriends and sports and work and school and college and more. I think I'd be better off if I forgot about Bionicle, but I cannot. I cannot let go of my nerdy hobbies and pastimes, for better or for worse. 

Everyone has to make this choice, and it's nobody's place to question anyone else's choice. Let's respect that. 

*Face palm* I am not disrespecting your interest this is what I mean:

What if you were to take Lego and turn it into your job: architectural design, a mathematically based Lego model (that would look awesome on your resume), robotics, or character design and concepts?  

I am not telling you to get out of Lego, but to use your experiences (past, present, and future) to help you with your life!  Use it to entertain your children, help make your job more fun, easier, and all around better, share the joy you have experienced with it with others!  Isn't it more fun when you share your love of something with someone else?

*Face palm* I am not disrespecting your interest this is what I mean:

What if you were to take Lego and turn it into your job: architectural design, a mathematically based Lego model (that would look awesome on your resume), robotics, or character design and concepts?  

I am not telling you to get out of Lego, but to use your experiences (past, present, and future) to help you with your life!  Use it to entertain your children, help make your job more fun, easier, and all around better, share the joy you have experienced with it with others!  Isn't it more fun when you share your love of something with someone else?

For someone who isn't disrespecting anyone's interests, you seemed to have a lot of disdain for thirty-year-olds who still play with toys.

For the record, I've been trying to take Lego and turn it into my job for a while. It's easier said than done. But some of my friends have succeeded at it, working for the company or working with professional Lego artists. And some of them haven't, getting jobs in other, unrelated fields but continuing to enjoy Lego as a hobby. Some of them have kids who they're already sharing their love of Lego with. And some of them have no plans to have children, and have no problem with continuing to enjoy Lego regardless.

There's no wrong way to enjoy Lego, as a kid or as an adult. And it's pretty presumptuous for someone who's not even out of high school to imply that success in life and getting child-like enjoyment out of a toy are mutually exclusive.

No better way to close than with one of my favorite quotes by C.S. Lewis: “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There's actually something called workaholism, and it's unhealthy. If you haven't fully got this, there's more to life than work. A whole lot more. 

I don't know about you all, but I don't plan to make Lego my career in and of itself. I'm a writer and web designer. But that doesn't mean that I can't continue to engage with Lego as I grow older. Even now, just hanging out on BZPower I've found new ways to hone, understand, and use my skills.

Lego has also served as a source of inspiration for my creative work. Closing your mind to opportunities and out-of-the-box thinking will actually hurt your career advancement and job prospects. The number one thing that employers are looking for these days are creativity and innovation, and Lego is all about those things. You need to keep engaging with things that allow you to innovate and be creative frequently, or you're going to be left behind fast. 

I myself am a writer now. I am soon submitting some short horror stories I wrote, and I am starting the second book in a series of medieval fantasy books. And strangely enough, i will sometimes look back at the Bionicle stories fondly. I am happy I can look back, and realized how it influenced my work now. I am twenty six, and started with the original sets. I then took a few years' break, and soon got back into it. I am happy to think of the stories that made me want to write my own. Yay for Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

SNIP

For someone who isn't disrespecting anyone's interests, you seemed to have a lot of disdain for thirty-year-olds who still play with toys.

For the record, I've been trying to take Lego and turn it into my job for a while. It's easier said than done. But some of my friends have succeeded at it, working for the company or working with professional Lego artists. And some of them haven't, getting jobs in other, unrelated fields but continuing to enjoy Lego as a hobby. Some of them have kids who they're already sharing their love of Lego with. And some of them have no plans to have children, and have no problem with continuing to enjoy Lego regardless.

There's no wrong way to enjoy Lego, as a kid or as an adult. And it's pretty presumptuous for someone who's not even out of high school to imply that success in life and getting child-like enjoyment out of a toy are mutually exclusive.

No better way to close than with one of my favorite quotes by C.S. Lewis: “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

You guys don't know what I am doing here:  Suggesting an idea↓

Be the 30 year old who plays with toys to design a building, help himself or others unlock their creativity, or to get out of the world and alleviate stress!

There's actually something called workaholism, and it's unhealthy. If you haven't fully got this, there's more to life than work. A whole lot more. 

I don't know about you all, but I don't plan to make Lego my career in and of itself. I'm a writer and web designer. But that doesn't mean that I can't continue to engage with Lego as I grow older. Even now, just hanging out on BZPower I've found new ways to hone, understand, and use my skills.

Lego has also served as a source of inspiration for my creative work. Closing your mind to opportunities and out-of-the-box thinking will actually hurt your career advancement and job prospects. The number one thing that employers are looking for these days are creativity and innovation, and Lego is all about those things. You need to keep engaging with things that allow you to innovate and be creative frequently, or you're going to be left behind fast. 

Read that green text above, I am basically saying what you're saying.  

Edited by Mocmaker

I was only into Bionicle from 2006 to 2008, but I'm still very nostalgic for it. I remember seeing the Piraka in a store display, and I was like, "I need one of those in my life right now." I got Vezok and my 6-year old self had a heck of a time getting the spine on. Then the Inika came and Move Along still gives me the feelings that commercial did. Because I got into the story so late, I learned about the earlier years through the Mata Nui chapter books and the 2007 edition of the Bionicle encyclopedia. I was enthralled by the sheer amount of things there were to read about, and spent many an afternoon poring over it. It was the majority of my life for a while.

TL;DR version: VERY nostalgic.