Summer 2015 BIONICLE TV Commercial now on YouTube

LEGO has uploaded a

to their official YouTube channel, featuring the skeletal new BIONICLE villains as well as the Toa we know and love. Can the Toa wrest the Mask of Creation from the clutches of the evil Skull Grinder? Or will it be they who lose their Golden Masks of Power to Skull Grinder and his undead minions? Click the link above or read on to watch the video for yourself!

View the full article

• Upvote 5

Its great to see these commercials on TV. Hope we keep getting more like this!

• Upvote 4

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Tahu: 'Stand back, fellow Toa. I got this!' 'runs up to Skull Grinder and beat him and all the other Skull Villains with one blow'

Joking aside, I do like this commercial a lot. I hope we see more of them like this in the future.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Skull Scorpion is so bad they didn't even put him in the commercial :D

I agree.:D

Anyway, despite that it is short and never included Ekimu, I like the new commercial. The music is great, and I like the idea that two waves are in the commercial.:D

Plus, we get to see interesting things about the Skull Villains. The Skull Grinder seems to probably be the main villain of this year because he used the Mask of Creation to reanimate the dead and perhaps take over the world. Wow, a big thing, but it's funny that Tahu saved the world in seconds by defeating the SG by himself.:) Well, perhaps the new webisodes would extend that in a more awesome way.

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Seriously, you guys? This is bad. Hahaha, this is laughably bad; the commercials are getting progressively dumber. There is no "conflict" whatsoever, that organ playing in the background is about the cheesiest things I've ever heard. Ever. From what I can tell, the sets are all right (if you exclude the fact that we're even talking about BIONICLE zombies; seriously), but the animation, music and just about everything in this commercial is nothing but a hodgepodge of bad, lazy and unbelievably low-budget work.

I'm sorry, but SOMEONE needs to be a hater. Honestly, the commercial doesn't even upset me as much as the fact that no one seems particularly bothered by its atrociousness. So I believe my hyperbole is justified. Can I get like one upvote, please?

• Upvote 4

This is so cool! It took me by surprise to see Skull Grinder put on the Mack of Creation like that. Nice to finally know that he intends to use it.

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

Note that the cover says "For Solicitation Only". In other words, it's preliminary and shouldn't be mistaken for the final cover.

Seriously, you guys? This is bad. Hahaha, this is laughably bad; the commercials are getting progressively dumber. There is no "conflict" whatsoever, that organ playing in the background is about the cheesiest things I've ever heard. Ever. From what I can tell, the sets are all right (if you exclude the fact that we're even talking about BIONICLE zombies; seriously), but the animation, music and just about everything in this commercial is nothing but a hodgepodge of bad, lazy and unbelievably low-budget work.

I'm sorry, but SOMEONE needs to be a hater. Honestly, the commercial doesn't even upset me as much as the fact that no one seems particularly bothered by its atrociousness. So I believe my hyperbole is justified. Can I get like one upvote, please?

Your expectations for a 15-second toy commercial seem to be a wee bit inflated. A lot of people forget that a lot of the most memorable CGI animations from BIONICLE G1 were different sorts of video entirely, and were generally 30 seconds or longer.

I'm not going to pretend this commercial is anything extraordinary, and cool as it is I'm surprised at how excited some people seem to have gotten over it. But it doesn't strike me as exceptionally bad either.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 7

If you want to talk about cheesy no-conflict over-dramatization, try looking at some of the old BIONICLE commercials.  Giant spears!  Awesome spinner!  Eeevil Visorak!  World premiere!  And then there's this.

TV spots have never been the most "awesome" part of BIONICLE.  This is basically on-par with the previous ones; it's a toy ad.

Though the "lazy" and "low-budget" comments are particularly amusing because a lot of past spots have simply re-cut existing animation footage instead of new animations.

I'm sorry, but SOMEONE needs to be a hater.

What, is there a quota or something?

• Upvote 13

OpAXNpl.jpg

You're mad because people have *GASP* different opinions? 

Edited by Minty Green
  • Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm too excited about the ad to really be critical, but how can anyone be mad about a 15-second commercial? It's just meant to show off the new sets, and comparing it to the long story videos of G1 isn't fair. Case and point look at the videos Bfahome linked.

• Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Now that is a quality commercial :D It's so good it's worthy of my 3000th post :P

I'm wondering if they got a new studio to do the CG, 'cause it's spectacular, I don't remember any past Bionicle CG looking that pretty! Big fan of this, really looking forward to the skull squad hitting the shelves now.

And, yes, story's over folks, Tahu won, go home :P

• Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Now that is a quality commercial :D It's so good it's worthy of my 3000th post :P

I'm wondering if they got a new studio to do the CG, 'cause it's spectacular, I don't remember any past Bionicle CG looking that pretty! Big fan of this, really looking forward to the skull squad hitting the shelves now.

And, yes, story's over folks, Tahu won, go home :P

I agree on the animation. I don't know if it's because they share similar body types but the physicality and weight of the animation (and sound design when Tahu did the pound) has a really similar feel to the animation of Transformers Prime. As for the critiques, I think they're slightly fair, but I also believe aside from being critical, you have to take what you can and MAKE something out of it, like what Logan did up there.

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I myself felt the commercial was lacking a... Certain something...

:^)

What, no love for the original song?

(image credit)

Looks like Bara and Bota Magna have been replaced with two moons here and on the box art... sort of fitting.

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 2

That was the quickest defeat in history. Now I can imagine how epic the battles in the MNOG would be if Takua destroyed every rahi in one hit Onua just tore off Lewa's infected kanohi or Tahu just bopped Makuta on the head and his antidermis evaporated into nothing.

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

That was the quickest defeat in history. Now I can imagine how epic the battles in the MNOG would be if Takua destroyed every rahi in one hit Onua just tore off Lewa's infected kanohi or Tahu just bopped Makuta on the head and his antidermis evaporated into nothing.

well, this is also a promotional advertisment with a strict time-limit to follow, not neccesarily meant to be grand or epic, but more of to say "look! tahu can defeat the evil skeleton guys!" y'know, get kids to see the toys.

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hey, after listening to the commercial again, I heard a different voice. I think Merlin Mann is the narrator for this one... EDIT: I think he's the narrator for the Winter wave commercial, but this one has him sounding closer to the Protector of Fire's voice. 

EDIT 2: Well, it's more or less the animation narrator voice for both commercials. I'm surprised it took me so long to figure that out. The excitement had made me forget details.

Edited by Rooster Nui

All right, I take my words back. The commercial isn't horrible. It's mediocre. YES, admittedly about as mediocre and cheesy as some G1 commercial. But at least G1 had SOME decent media of story-telling and SOME very good CGI, while G2 seems to be exclusively cartoonish (which, no, let me guess, isn't all that bad; is unique; is innovative; please just don't bother going there). That's my beef with G2 in general.

And yes, there totally is a quota, Bfahome. Don't take this the wrong way; perhaps it's my set of positive associations with G1 coupled with unrealistic expectations for G2, which is essentially a toy line. For kids. So I'm fine with it.

• Upvote 1

Note that the cover says "For Solicitation Only". In other words, it's preliminary and shouldn't be mistaken for the final cover.

Thanks for letting me know. Also, your MOC is awesome! :)

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this posted to facebook back in June and I exasperated with excitement. So epic. Really started to get me hyped for summer 2015. The CGI is as great as ever, and seeing Tahu and his team face off against the army of Skull Warriors was too much to handle. Narration could use work though. And Kulta with the Mask of Creation looks really sweet.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg