Is there a Rhotuka color guide?

I've been doing some research on most G1 collectibles, but I'm rather curious about the Rhotuka spinners; is there a guide online, depicting all the existing colors in which the spinners were available? Both BrickLink and Peeron seem to state that there are several variations of the blank silver spinner (such as flat silver, light gray AND metallic gray), but I'd never noticed any distinction between multiple silver spinners in the past. Is there any credibility to the aforementioned variations?

Also, just how hard to find is Bomonga's original dark gray spinner?

Thanks!

I've been doing some research on most G1 collectibles, but I'm rather curious about the Rhotuka spinners; is there a guide online, depicting all the existing colors in which the spinners were available? Both BrickLink and Peeron seem to state that there are several variations of the blank silver spinner (such as flat silver, light gray AND metallic gray), but I'd never noticed any distinction between multiple silver spinners in the past. Is there any credibility to the aforementioned variations?

Thanks!

The silver spinners might have a bit of variation just because the color LEGO was using back then, 131 Silver, was prone to inconsistency. But as for the separate listings on Bricklink/Peeron, that's just the usual confusion those sites have about metallic colors.

Here's a chart I found from searching "Rhotuka" on Brickshelf. It lists the Silver and Dark Red Rhotuka twice each, and the colors are a bit awkward, but otherwise it seems complete to my knowledge. Here's a photograph with the colors arranged similarly.

• Upvote 2

Thanks, Aanchir, that'll work perfectly. I'll just count the generic silver spinner as a singular unit for the purposes of my collection then.

One other thing, though, does any source describe which spinners come with or without Kanoka Club codes? As far as I remember, the Rahaga had one spinner each with a code on it; the Visorak, Toa Hordika, Toa Hagah and titans had two spinners each and it was always the silver one that had a code on it, am I right? And the multi-color spinners were "codeless"? What about the glow-in-the-dark one?

I am not aware of any official chart or anything. As is obvious, the Rhotuka weren't the most collectible of the collectibles :P  (they're far from the worst, however, Squid Ammo, anyone?). If memory serves, each set included one blank Rhotuka, and one with a Kanoka Club code. I'm afraid there's probably no definitive list of each code, so the only way would be to collect as many as possible and start a list yourself. But the chart provided by Aanchir is probably your best bet for now.

Also, I don't think every Rhotuka in a Rhotuka pack had a code.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I'm fairly certain that each Visorak and Hordika came with a codeless and coded Rhotuka spinner (typically flat silver, but there were many inconsistencies as other have said). I believe the Glow-in-the-dark spinner and marbled (spinner pack) spinners did not have codes. I've been told before that no one has a list of what code attributes to what set, although I guess it would have been possible to find out through Kanoka codes.

I'm not sure about Keetongu, Sidorak, or Roodaka. I believe they all might have. As for Bomonga's spinner, I'd say quite rare. A very small amount of sets had it, and most came with silver ones instead. I still wish he'd come with a black one, but eh, it goes how it goes. 

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I've been wondering about this and I suppose this is a good place to ask, but did the spinners that came with these little cereal toys http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6992_Red_Toa_-_Jaller

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6994_Blue_Toa_-_Hahli

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6993_Green_Toa_-_Kongu

Fit with the rest of the rhotuka spinners? It looks like they would, same with the piraka and kanoka disks?

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

I've been wondering about this and I suppose this is a good place to ask, but did the spinners that came with these little cereal toys http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6992_Red_Toa_-_Jaller

Fit with the rest of the rhotuka spinners? It looks like they would, same with the piraka and kanoka disks?

OH THE NIGHTMARES!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO KONGU'S MASK?!?!!?!?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

No. Those spinners have little gear-like knobs at the bottom. You know those yellow pieces in Rhotuka launchers that the ripcord is pulled against to make the Rhotuka spin? The spinners basically have that built into them.

I'm also pretty sure the Piraka disks are not compatible with regular Kanoka launchers.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I remember those Nestlé toys, I was actually the one who recorded the only known commercial of them in Bulgarian back in December 2006. I have Thok and can say that the disk is only an imitation of Kanoka; the same applies to the faux Rhotuka spinners.

Surprisingly hard. I've only seen them for sale a few times over the years, although they never tend to sell for much. I believe I bought mine for $5 back in 2007 or thereabouts. If you're looking for one, I'd recommend making a topic in B/S/T.

-Letagi

I will, as soon as I'm done listing every collectible I'm looking for. Thanks.

I know this is off-topic, but I'd rather not make a new thread just to ask this: what about Zamor sphere colors? There was gold, silver and gunmetal in the packs, light and dark green with the Piraka sets and how many variations in the Inika sets exactly? I've counted four (light blue, dark blue, orange and reddish orange) but I have neither Jaller, nor Hahli. Are theirs the same as the Piraka's?

I will, as soon as I'm done listing every collectible I'm looking for. Thanks.

I know this is off-topic, but I'd rather not make a new thread just to ask this: what about Zamor sphere colors? There was gold, silver and gunmetal in the packs, light and dark green with the Piraka sets and how many variations in the Inika sets exactly? I've counted four (light blue, dark blue, orange and reddish orange) but I have neither Jaller, nor Hahli. Are theirs the same as the Piraka's?

As I understand it, the Piraka and Inika zamors were all two-color blends, and which color was "dominant" could vary. I don't know the exact colors they used, but in the canister sets that year there were basically four combinations: the yellow-green ones used by the Piraka (4296080), the orange ones used by Nuparu and Hewkii (4297030), the blue ones used by Matoro and Kongu (4297031), and the sea green ones used by Jaller and Hahli (4297034). All those element IDs are reflected by the building instructions. Because of the random variability of the two-color blends, every one of those color combinations could range from very light in color to very dark.

Both green variants are different than the green Zamors used in Hero Factory sets (and other post-BIONICLE sets), since instead of a two-color blend, those are a single color (Transparent Bright Green) that didn't exist until 2010.

• Upvote 1