Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

got the self-titled album by Droid for $5 brand new at FYE, usually goes for $40+ online so that was pretty sweet

also technically not a purchase but I downloaded Nice Hooves' self-titled debut for free off of their Bandcamp, absolutely killer stuff and definitely a contender for a high spot on my year-end list

the artwork is so cool too

My copy of the deluxe edition of Deceiver of the Gods by Amon Amarth arrived yesterday.

Also ordered VIVIsectVI and The Process by Skinny Puppy. I think I might be getting a bit obsessed, but they're so good.

Oh, and I also went ahead and got the self-titled album by Nice Hooves.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

^ Very nice. A truly brilliant album.

Got my hands on the soundtrack compilation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time trilogy by Stuart Chatwood.

Don't know why it took me so long to get it, considering that it's pretty much my favourite video game series and one of my favourite soundtracks. Chatwood is incredible.

I'd love to get the individual albums from each game, as this one does have some tracks missing, but they're not easy to find and are pretty expensive nowadays.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Rammstein - Made in Germany

Volbeat - Beyond [...]/Above Heaven

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Live After Death by Iron Maiden, The Next Day by David Bowie, and 13 by Black Sabbath. Pretty good haul for one day, considering that I just sort of closed my eyes and picked one, when confronted with the choice of several Iron Maiden albums.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Kveikur - Sigur Rósalso some snazzy reissue of Leonard Bernstein conducting The Rite of Spring.

Kveikur is great. I have yet to get sick of listening to Ísjaki. I've most recently come into possession of Delhi 2 Dublin's Planet Electric (bouncy fun fusion), Of Montreal's Sunlandic Twins (some great lyrical twists and mindworms), and singles by Genesis, REO Speedwagon, and Tom Petty (classic, all of them).

tumblr_mqdlmepiG01rf11n3o1_500.png

Like everybody else, I have Random Access Memories pre-ordered.

My good sir, don't be silly, some of us didn't do that.

:P

I don't buy music constantly but the last couple of things I got were Silversun Pickups'

Swoon and Neck of the Woods. I'm considering getting Pearl Diver by Malory and 99th Dream by Swervedriver now, but we'll see about that.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

I don't buy music constantly but the last couple of things I got were Silversun Pickups' Swoon and Neck of the Woods.

great great great great great albums, especially Swoon

you should check out their first album Carnavas too if you haven't already

anyway I finally got Visions by Grimes, such a good album <3

Edited by Ryuujin

I don't buy music constantly but the last couple of things I got were Silversun Pickups' Swoon and Neck of the Woods.

Haha

, yes. I got Carnavas long before the other two. :P I actually liked it the best at that point. Haven't decided yet if I'll go for Pikul EP though... eventually, maybe.

If we're going back to that point, I bought Circa Survive's

On Letting Go at about the same time as Carnavas.

~

Haha, yes. I got Carnavas long before the other two. :P I actually liked it the best at that point. Haven't decided yet if I'll go for Pikul EP though... eventually, maybe.

oh heck yes get Pikul, it's fantastic

"Kissing Families" is one of their best songs, no question

Haha, yes. I got Carnavas long before the other two. :P I actually liked it the best at that point. Haven't decided yet if I'll go for Pikul EP though... eventually, maybe.

oh heck yes get Pikul, it's fantastic

"Kissing Families" is one of their best songs, no question

I probably will.

:P I know "Kissing Families" is great, and I kind of like "Comeback Kid" and "Sci-Fi Lullaby" too. I'm just not crazy about "Creation Lake", and I populate my library very selectively because I only buy CDs and want to be able to play them all the way through without wanting to skip tracks. Given how quickly I bought their other 3, one after the other, Pikul EP is probably ending up in my library too. I'm hesitant to get the vinyl of "Seasick" though.

~

• 2 weeks later...

"The 2cent Show" and "Diamonds (Single)" by Steam Powered Giraffe.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Blackwater Park: Legacy Edition by Opeth, Salvation and Somewhere Along the Highway by Cult of Luna, Crack the Skye by Mastodon, Axe to Fall by Converge, and This Is It by Michael Jackson. one of these things is not like the others

one of these things does not belong. :P

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony

^hey i don't see S U NB A TH E R in there

still can't find it anywhere unfortunately.

im legitimately sad for you right now i might cry i want to buy it and send it to you so you can experience true beauty

it's a major bummer how hard it is to findI may end up having to buy it digitally or somethingor maybe I can see if FYE will special-order it for me but idkanyway got Violent Sky by Lisa Miskovsky

Vinyl:

-Toto IV (Toto)

-Prism (Prism)

-Armageddon (Prism)

-Hi Infidelity (REO Speedwagon)

Cassette:

-Somewhere In Time (Iron Maiden)

-Counterparts (Rush)

CD:

-13 (Black Sabbath)

-Super Collider (Megadeth)

-S/T (Logan Carlstrom)

been a bit of an odd lot recently. Both new metal albums were a disappointment, the cassettes were an awesome find, and the poprock vinyls are surprisingly great.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Yes - "Drama"Genesis - "Genesis Live"King Crimson - "Starless And Bible Black"Boston - "Boston"Toto - "Hydra"Aerosmith - "Pump"Tesla - "The Great Radio Controversy"The Who - "Who's Next?"Foreigner - "Foreigner"Peter Gabriel - "Security"Supertramp - "...Famous Last Words..."Electric Light Orchestra - "Discovery"Queensryche - "Queensryche"Yes - "Relayer"Deep Purple - "Machine Head"

All on vinyl. cost about $45

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Pacific Rim - Ramon DjawadiTo Beast or Not To Beast - LordiDevice - Device Super Collider - MegadethAll the People Said Amen - Matt Maher Shallow Bay: Best of Breaking Benjamin - Breaking Benjamin Hopefully gonna aquire Fight or Flight's debut album, as well as 5FDP's latest offering.