Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Confuse the Marketplace by LCD SoundsystemBrian Wilson by Brian Wilsonboth on vinyl l0lz yayI also got a ukelele yesterday. Good day

• Upvote 1

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

pc_rancorous.gif GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. pc_rancorous.gif

P U L S E concert on DVD by Pink Floyd. Can't really think of much else then guitars and that.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 3 weeks later...

Wildlife by La Dispute, along with the songs "Sunday Morning at a Funeral", "Such Small Hands", and "The King Said To The River".Also, Donky Stomp by Slugabed, Dinosaurs by 16bit, Equinox by Skrillex, and 8 Bit Superhero and Execute by Excision.

"Let Them Talk" by Hugh Laurie.It's pretty epic.

You are officially awesome. Edited by Zerothemaster

• 2 weeks later...

C'Mon - LowMiles Davis Quartet - Miles DavisMingus Ah Um - Charles MingusYou Forgot it in People - Broken Social SceneZ - My Morning JacketStories From the City, Stories From the Sea - PJ HarveyWhite Pony - DeftonesBrothers - The Black KeysGuero - Beck

Edited by twinArmageddons

Aqualung: 40th Anniversary Edition - Jethro TullThe Very Best of Jethro Tull - Jethro TullBoth technically Hogswatch Christmas gifts, but it's not much of a distinction.Also, once I get to the bank (and back to my computer after) an Irish Concert D Flute. I'll be ordering one with a natural finish on it (for pricing purposes) and a rather nice cloth bag.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

C'Mon - LowMiles Davis Quartet - Miles DavisMingus Ah Um - Charles MingusYou Forgot it in People - Broken Social SceneZ - My Morning JacketStories From the City, Stories From the Sea - PJ HarveyWhite Pony - DeftonesBrothers - The Black KeysGuero - Beck

Stop illegally downloading

pc_rancorous.gif GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. pc_rancorous.gif

Vivid by BoAMilestone by BoABat Out of [][][][] (remastered) by Meat LoafHotel California (remastered) by the Eagles

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

If Christmas presents count as purchases, then my brothers and I have a couple each. I have The Fray by The Fray and Vice Verses by Switchfoot; my younger brother has Waking Up by OneRepublic and The Resistance by Muse; and my youngest brother has Greatest Hits by Bon Jovi and Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay. I'm in the middle of ripping them all to my computer at the moment. :P

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: Five for Fighting, America Town.What I really want are a few movie soundtracks, primarily stuff by John Williams (I only have Revenge of the Sith, a rather empty collection) and the tracks for the movies Tron: Legacy and X-Men: First Class.There's also this choir that I'm trying to get, and if I can acquire a few of their CDs I'll make sure to proclaim it here. The group is called The Vocal Majority.- I'm Tron Paul and I approve this message. Edited by Tron Paul

BUY MUSIC?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!The Doctor Who Series 6 soundtrack.Recently, I've been debating whether or not to buy Oliver Shanti's Nuur El Ab. I mean, sure it's £0.79, but I vowed not to buy anything more than food for January and I've done sort of so well so far.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

When Dream And Day Unite -- Dream TheaterAwake -- Dream TheaterA Change Of Seasons -- Dream TheaterFalling Into Infinity -- Dream TheaterNo Exit -- Fates WarningSeventh Son Of A Seventh Son -- Iron Maiden

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Imaginaerum -- Nightwishit's great but two songs are total ripoffs of Maiden and Dream Theater, whether intentional or not. But still, I loved it.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Recently finalized the purchase of a concert-tuned hand-made Irish D Flute. Should be arriving at my location sometime later this week.No album purchases since the two Tull albums at Christmas.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Colors by Between the Buried and MeFluxion / Aeolian by The OceanOceanic by IsisThey have required some digesting, but they're very interesting like that. And it just goes to prove my theory that the most interesting lyrics are delivered in the most incomprehensible manner.~QMark

Colors and Oceanic are both amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

A recording of Rachmaninov's 4 piano concertos performed by Vladimir Ashkenazy and the London Symphony Orchestra (sadly lacking the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini)A recording of Rachmaninov's two piano sonatas, performed by Howard Shelley (finally, a recording that includes his first sonata, and a good recording at that)A recording of Ginastera's concerto for harp Op. 25, concerto for piano Op. 28, and the Estancia suite (various artists, Enrique Bátiz conducting)GY!BE's Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to HeavenSigur Rós' Ágætis byrjun