What element do you like the best?

Mehku

For some reason the title got cut off and I don't know how to change it.

Anyways. This is a bit of a strange topic, but I thought it was interesting enough to post.

Which of the basic six elements do you feel most connected with, and why? Which element would you give to an original character that you made?

Was it the element of the first set you've ever gotten? Or is it for a different reason?

I'm mainly asking because I'm having a hard time figuring out this very question. I want to make a Matoran original character for Gen 2, but I'm unsure of what element to give him. I chose air last time for Gen 1, but that was over 11 years ago. 

Edited by Mehku

I think my first bionicle was the first Onua, if not, it was Tahu.  And I can definitely say I have no clue what element I feel most connected with.  Maybe Earth, or Water.  But idk.  I'd say forest, but that isn't an element.  Yet how the green guy who lives in a forest, is green, just happens to fly to he can be the air element...  I don't get to swim often, but I love the water.  Yet some how, I feel Earth could be my element.  And I know earth is different that stone...  Sorry about the philosophical rambling....

• Upvote 1

Definitely an earth villager, you are.

Personally speaking, I'm a fire villager; i hate the cold, I'm acrophobic, and I'm not fit enough to swim/walk everywhere. I'd probably be the one villager telling Two-kua about the Toa, since i love stories.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd happily put myself as either a Le-Matoran or Ta-Matoran, though I'm far less sociable than either of them. 

In terms of G2, however, I'm having a hard time deciding. We've only had the glimpses of the Toa's personalities to match up to their elemental traits, and far less for the villagers themselves. To simplify, I'm gonna say Earth this time. I'm really sleepy these days. :P

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

As you might be able to tell from my name, I'm most partial to ice.

I'm very introverted, and like having alone time even though I've become more social in the past year. I'm not afraid to speak my mind as long as I don't think anyone's feelings will be hurt. Winter is my favorite season and I'd rather work in the cold than the heat. So, I'd probably make my first original character ice-affiliated because I have a good idea of what that kind of personality is like.

• Upvote 1

There are several elements that I would probably be 'connected' to:

First would be fire,since it is my favorite element(though my self-MOC has is a toa of plasma).Additionally,I also like red things.

Even though I am not too great at swimming,I like being in water,so I could also be connected to water. 

I may also fit with ice,since I am not very social.

• Upvote 1

Up until the end of Bionicle, Fire was my most favorite Element. I'll admit that it was primarily because Tahu, Lhikan and Vakama were my favorite characters, and had little to do with my own personality. Having a short temper and love of warm environments are all I have in common with my three favorite Toa, ha ha.

Funny enough, I have only one Fire character (a kind-hearted Ta-Matoran), but otherwise there's really no bias in my character creation process. I first think of the type of personality I want to write/draw, then shape the appearance and abilities around that. Sometimes I match the Element to the personality (a vivacious Vo-Matoran), sometimes I go the ironic route (an irritable Bo-Toa), and other times I just go with whatever sounds fun or interesting (a Su-Toa with a Sheriff Andy Taylor personality).

Maybe you could try thinking about what kind of character you want to write, then take a few minutes imagining what he'd be like with different Elements. It'd be prudent to think about how his Element will affect his story, too.

Hope that helps, Mehku! :)

• Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Ew, I'm afraid of water, so not water.

I can't stand hot weather, so not fire or stone.

I love the dark and cold weather AND the forest, so I'm equally split between those three.

Of the three, I would have to say Earth, though. Air has always been my favorite, but I see myself as an Onu-Matoran more.

• Upvote 1

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Fire, though my element would preferably be Ice, but I seem to be more Ta in personality and aspect than the other elemets

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I apologize for not being more on top of things recently, but I appreciate all of your replies. I think I'm going with Air/Jungle for my Gen 2 character as I feel like I connect most to to that element type.

I would say Air just because I'm just plain friendly and talkative and good natured and that sort of thing. And like Matau I have a knack of saying punchlines and/or just being stupid haha

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I don't know, I always felt like air since I'm kind of light hearted and silly, but I feel that my anger issues would connect me with the element of fire more.

Anger issues aren't necessarily fire. They were Tahu1's thing, but not all of us.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Its a three-way tie between fire, lightning, and Psionics for me. Fire can be used in many different ways. (Heating stuff up, shooting fire bolts at stuff, heat resistance, etc.) Lightning would be great too, though I admit I would use it to act like a SIth Lord. :P 

As for Psionics, I always thought that the powers that came with it were really cool. (unleashing mental blasts, reading minds, using illusions on others, etc.) It probably would be the one I picked if I had to choose between these three.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Out of the six Mata elements, I'd say Earth. My first bionicle was Onua. That might be the reason why. I like being still. I prefer dark and cold place. I usually find the sun to be a bit too bright during the day. That being said, it sounds like I'm some kind of mushroom. :annoyed: 
If from every elements in G1, I'd choose Shadow, kinda obvious from my name. I'm not sure why I like it, but it seems like a awesome power to have. Maybe it's why I always fall for the bad guys rather than the good ones.  :???:

signature2010.gif

Ice because of my tolerance to the cold and Kopaka (2001) being my first set.

Also the Green. Control over nature interests me too.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

My first set set was Makuta. Then Gali Nuva. But even still, I said Air in my previous entry on this topic, but in the beginning, I thought Fire just because Fire is always the leader of the team (which is what surprised me most about the Piraka when I found out Zaktahn was the leader). Anyway, I used to want to be the fire character, but after soul searching and watching the Bionicle movies again and Avatar: The Last Airbender (and Korra), I realize that I would be a Toa of Air (or at least of the Air element) because I am spirited, energetic, charismatic, funny, and all the things typical of the Air characters. My next pick would be Earth though (but mainly because they've brought Purple back :D )

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica