San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Mask Revealed

2015-07-07_SDCC_Mask_Reveal_teaser.jpg

We already know about two minifigure giveaways taking place at San Diego Comic Con this coming week, but BZPower has received word about the third and final free exclusive - and it's for Bionicle! Attendees will be able to receive a transparent neon green LEGO BIONICLE Skull Scorpio Mask on Saturday. Read on to see the full details.

View the full article

• Upvote 6

Seems like kind of an odd choice to be honest, considering that they even left Scorpio out of the commercial. I would've expected them to make an exclusive Skull Grinder/Warrior mask if anything. Still a neat exclusive, I hope I'll be able to get one. Do we know how many are going to be given out?

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

I spent 30 dollars on that other clear piece of exclusive plastic, I'm sure as heck going to be buying this!

Are there any major differences when buying 2nd hand exclusives from NYCC and SDCC?

Edited by steelviper77
  • Upvote 1

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

Not going to lie, fairly underwhelming in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This mask looks awesome! I'm so glad to see LEGO Bionicle being promoted in this way at SDCC alongside licensed brands with more pop-culture cred like LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Super Heroes. I don't think I'll be going out of my way to get a copy of this mask, but it's very cool that some lucky fans will be able to take one home with them!

• Upvote 2

Yet another rare mask I don't have a chance at getting... But it's cool to see Lego is actually doing things like this for Comic Con. If only they did it for G1. Just imagine the recolors we could have had out of that.

• Upvote 1

I don't care much for exclusives, honestly.  :P It IS a pretty cool mask, though.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja
  • Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

This is a pretty sweet mask. It looks cool and should look pretty interesting on Scorpio. I don't think I need it but it should be cool for people that do.

Most importantly, this means that the Bull Skull Mask is no longer the one (non-MoCr) 2015 mask that only comes in one color. So that's really cool.

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

Looks pretty cool. The Jungle Mask being picked would have been a really sweet throwback, but giving this particular mask any sort of recolor is still nice to see happen.

Preparing to having my eyes glued to eBay this weekend though..

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris
  • Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Great, another free exclusive many like me can't even hope to get only at an overpriced E-bay amount (and don't give me the costs of your accommodation and such to justify yourself)

And why aren't those costs of going to Comic Con sufficient for you? If they exceed what the mask will cost on eBay, someone who exclusively wants the mask gets a worse deal at CC.

I'll never understand the mindset of begrudging people things like this. Okay, a rare item you'll likely never own has been released. You having zero once it's out is no change from having zero of it had it never been released or made. What's the difference if other people have it?

~B~

• Upvote 3

Heh, this is one I would definitely go to the aftermarket for. Probably won't get it, but it would definitely be cool to have. I am jealous of the people who can get one firsthand. :sly:

It's also interesting to see other AFOLs bemoaning that this isn't another exclusive figure. :P

:music:

• Upvote 2

Great, another free exclusive many like me can't even hope to get only at an overpriced E-bay amount (and don't give me the costs of your accommodation and such to justify yourself)

And why aren't those costs of going to Comic Con sufficient for you? If they exceed what the mask will cost on eBay, someone who exclusively wants the mask gets a worse deal at CC.

I'll never understand the mindset of begrudging people things like this. Okay, a rare item you'll likely never own has been released. You having zero once it's out is no change from having zero of it had it never been released or made. What's the difference if other people have it?

~B~

The main issue here is that you don't go to SDCC to get that mask alone now are you? You visit multiple things, and have a good time, therefore you get your money's worth for the most part. While with those who's country doesn't host a comic con, or if there is any convention it barely lasts a few hours for a single day, and the only thing they can get is via online buying an exclusive, some random guy can sell for 50 bucks and above(though prices can vary a lot, but usually stay above 30). And that's not even counting delivery which is usually an extra 15, depending on the country/method of delivery. 

I now wish that I was going to Comic Con. :P

Joking aside, that is a really cool mask. I probably will never get one, since I don't usually get stuff online. But its still very cool that Lego is doing something like for Bionicle at the event.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

We finally have our 2015 Trans Neon Green Miru Scopio Mask :P

Looks really neat, wish I could make it to grab me one; here's hoping they have something equally as nice for NYCC, if anything at all.

EDIT: I'm recruiting a buddy's buddy to try and snag me one of these if they get a chance :P The collectibles struggle is so real in this fandom.

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

It's also interesting to see other AFOLs bemoaning that this isn't another exclusive figure. :P

:music:

Lego fans complaining that it's not an exclusive figure, Lego fans complaining about the idea of exclusives in general, Bionicle fans complaining that it's not the mask they wanted... the salt is real, and it's pouring in from all sides.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is the time where I feel it would be good as an American citizen who doesn't have to travel by plane from overseas to attend these awesome events and get cool exclusives.

Joking aside, I must say this is a pretty neat looking mask. I'm not desperate for it, as it's exclusive and I don't necessarily deserve it, seeing as I'm not an attendee of the SDCC event. I might look for it on eBay, but I'm not paying $30 for a LEGO piece. $15 is more acceptable in my opinion.

~B~

The main issue here is that you don't go to SDCC to get that mask alone now are you? You visit multiple things, and have a good time, therefore you get your money's worth for the most part. While with those who's country doesn't host a comic con, or if there is any convention it barely lasts a few hours for a single day, and the only thing they can get is via online buying an exclusive, some random guy can sell for 50 bucks and above(though prices can vary a lot, but usually stay above 30). And that's not even counting delivery which is usually an extra 15, depending on the country/method of delivery. 

Exclusives happen, man. Nothing you can do about it.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

What a gorgeous piece. Is anyone on BZP going down there?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'll be in Comic-Con. The rest of my family and I will be trying to get one, so hopefully, I'll be able to get multiples of the masks. I'll also be posting pictures of the mask (maybe even on Skull Scorpio, which I have a feeling will be able for purchase).

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png