A CLOCKWORK SPIRAL

Voltex

This... is difficult. How likely is it that everyone who's going into option A is walking into a trap? Great Furnace... might have no exists. Might roast you alive while you're hiding... and if it has no exists, easy to be cornered. And eaten regardless. Also a lot of Visorak, so even if you do hide they may find you very quickly... but then again, maybe the survival instincts of others have the right idea, and if they don't at least they all die together.

Coin flip time.

I choose...

Option B.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Neither option is terribly intuitive.

The great furnace is large, but could let the spiders corner us. Besides, it could collapse.

The street has dust, which should prevent the spiders from seeing anything. Anything could be hiding there, but the same could be true of the furnace.

With this in mind, I chose B.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Option A if I can still decide

Yeah, I'll leave voting open for another 18 hours or so.

E: Also people no switching your choices

LIVE WITH YOUR DECISIONS

(or die with them)

E2: Just waiting on SG and Burnmad

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Like in Hitman 19?

It has been 24 hours. 

We're heading into the weekend soon and I should have the time to bang out a quick scene. I had to work extra evening hours this week to cover another staff member and that cuts into writing time.

ROUND TWO

The group argued amongst themselves, before eventually splitting into two almost even groups.

Ten members (Seaborgium, Ehks, Burnmad, Ghidora, Shadow Ignited, Luroka, Windrider, Jed, Dragonstar, and Tea-Rex) entered the Great Furnace, believing that their best chance for survival awaited inside the structure, hiding from the encroaching Visorak.

The other nine (Underscore, Shagaru, Pulse, ToaK, Quisoves, Fishers, Tiragath, Nevermore, and Lewa) all refused to believe that cornering themselves within a structure remembered for being the home of the ancient Morbuzakh was a good idea, and instead decided to make a run for it.

---

“Let’s go,” Luroka said, leading his group into the Great Furnace. “Hiding is our only option.”

He led the other nine Matoran as they stepped into the dark building, which faded to pitch black after Windrider closed the door behind them. They all stood in the darkness for several minutes; aside from the sounds of nine Matoran breathing, it was entirely silent. Sweat began to drip down the back of every Matoran’s neck from the extreme heat, and their breaths slowly turned to wheezing gasps as the hot, stuffy, humid air became difficult to breathe.

It was Jed who broke the silence.

“Hey, where did Burnmad go? He was right next to me.”

That was when the Matoran remembered that ten of them had entered the Great Furnace - but only nine could be heard breathing.

Ehks cursed. “Does anybody have a flashlight?”

“I do,” Dragonstar said, his pockets rustling as he searched for the device. “Just give me a second here, and - ohmygoshwhatwasthat?”

“What was what?” Ghidora asked.

“I felt something,” Dragonstar replied, sounding panicked. “Something’s in here with us!”

“Calm down,” Shadow Ignited snapped from somewhere in the back of the group. “Everybody, let’s just call out our names. Maybe Burnmad just wandered ahead.”

“Sure,” Windrider replied. “That sounds simple enough. Windrider!”

“Shadow Ignited!”

“Luroka!”

“Ghidora!”

“Tea-Rex!”

“Jed!”

“Ehks!”

“Dragonstar!”

Once Dragonstar had called his name, it echoed around them several times before the sound faded away into silence.

“...alright then. I stand corrected,” Shadow Ignited said slowly, breaking the quiet. “So we’re missing Burnmad and Seaborgium, then.”

“I found the flashlight!” Dragonstar yelled.

There was a click as he turned it on, shining it at the wall, right onto the conveniently (and ominously) placed lightswitch. Windrider, who was closest, flicked it on; overhead, the electronic torches lining the walls slowly flared to life one by one, lighting the entire area.

“Oh,” Ehks said quietly, as he saw what was directly in front of them. “That’s unpleasant.”

He had barely finished speaking before one of the revived Morbuzakh’s viney limbs erupted from the ground underneath him and yanked him below the surface. The rest of the group panicked, scrambling for the door with each Matoran fighting to be first; in the ensuing struggle Dragonstar, Jed, and Luroka all fell prey to the Morbuzakh in the same manner as Ehks.

Luckily for the others, Windrider managed to shove the door open again; she, Shadow Ignited, Tea-Rex, and Ghidora stumbled back out onto the devastated street, gasping for breath as Ghidora slammed the door to the Great Furnace shut behind them, slowly turning to the others.

“Well,” he said, “that was close.”

And then the horde of Visorak spiders dropped down onto the four Matoran.

Seaborgium, Ehks, Burnmad, Ghidora, Shadow Ignited, Luroka, Windrider, Jed, Dragonstar, and Tea-Rex have all made the wrong choice.

HOWEVER! Any Medics that are still active can still rescue you (aside from Burnmad and Seaborgium, who must wait until Round 4); if they choose to do so, you will return to the game.

ALSO! If the survivors manage to reach a checkpoint, there is a possibility that some of you can re-enter the game at that point in time as well!

So I recommend that all ten of you keep an eye on this topic, just in case either of the above does occur!

---

For the nine survivors, Fishers happily led the way as they all sprinted down the street. Soon, they reached the edge of the dust cloud and found themselves able to see clearly once more, standing at the border to Ga-Metru.

Coming across a chute station, they found three routes still functioning; one to Ga-Metru, one to Ko-Metru, and one to the Coliseum. It was clear that all three routes had suffered extensive damage; as such, the correct route remained unclear.

Which route would they select?

Option A: Take the chute to Ga-Metru.

Option B: Take the chute to Ko-Metru.

Option C: Take the chute to the Coliseum.

NEW MECHANIC - THREE PATHS: One of these paths is 100% safe. One of these paths is 100% the opposite. And on the third path, you have a 50% chance of success.

Choose wisely!

Medics, Thiefs and Pyros that are still alive can also use their abilities!

Note: Medics are active on every even-numbered round.

Note: Thiefs and Pyros can only use their ability once per game!

MAKE YOUR CHOICES NOW!

The Coliseum is almost certainly the 50% choice.

Which leaves Ga-Metru and Ko-Metru.

Ga-Metru has Energized Protodermis, which could cause trouble. Besides it seems more likely to attract Dark Hunters, if you ask me.

Ko-Metru, of course, has the Knowledge Towers, which the Visorak would love. But then, it's not like the Visorak aren't everywhere. If anything, there should be cover in that region.

It is thus, with a heavy heart, that I choose Path B.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)