A CLOCKWORK SPIRAL

Voltex

ROUND THREE

Three chutes remained active - one to Ga-Metru, one to Ko-Metru, and one to the Coliseum.

“We should go to Ga-Metru,” ToaK said. “It’s nearest; less chances of it failing mid-journey.”

“I agree,” said Pulse. “Plus, the Great Temple is located there - it should theoretically provide us with something of a safe haven where we could rest for awhile.”

The two waited for the others to join them, only to be disappointed as they all lined up in front of the other two chutes. Both Shagaru and Tiragath boldly stepped up to the chute that would lead them directly to their objective, the Coliseum, while ignoring the shocked looks of their companions.

“You’re trying to get to the Coliseum directly?!” Quisoves cried. “That’s insane! If you go there so quickly, you’re destined to fail!”

“Ha! Yeah right,” Tiragath replied, smirking and pulling out a sword, charging into the chute. “I CHALLENGE MY FATE!”

“...that was rather forced,” Shagaru noted, before climbing into the chute as well and speeding off towards the Coliseum.

The two Matoran popped out in the middle of the Coliseum, both stumbling as they landed and trying to keep their balance. Shagaru failed, falling to his knees, but Tiragath managed to defiantly stay on his feet, pointing his sword threateningly at the massive, imposing figure that loomed over them.

“You were foolish to think that you could come here and defeat me,” the figure said, their voice rumbling darkly. “You are hopeless.”

“Hope will never die!” Tiragath proclaimed, charging forward and swinging his sword.

The figure let out a barking laugh, easily smacking Tiragath aside. “It already has, foolish Matoran. Your journey has ended. You are done.”

“No!” Tiragath growled, pushing himself back to his feet. “I say when it ends!”

“Please make him stop,” Shagaru muttered, now lying on the ground.

Tiragath charged forward once more, only to find himself trapped within the perfect prison, unable to escape. Several feet away, Shagaru was stuck in the same predicament.

They were prisoners.

Tiragath and Shagaru have made the wrong choice.

HOWEVER! Any Medics still active can rescue you.

ALSO! If a checkpoint is reached, you might be re-entered into the game!

---

Back at the chute station, the others said their farewells; Pulse and ToaK entered the chute to Ga-Metru, while Underscore, Quisoves, Fishers, Nevermore, and Lewa all entered the chute that would take them to Ko-Metru.

“Hey, look!” Underscore said as they zoomed towards the icy Metru, pointing up at the giant numbers floating along above them. “What is that?”

“Uh oh,” Quisoves said. “That’s not good.”

“Why?” Lewa asked, trying to reach out and touch the numbers, but to no avail.

“It’s the RNG!” Fishers cried. “We must have made a semi-wrong choice! Each of our fates will be determined by the RNG! Our fates are out of our hands!”

“Me first!” Underscore yelled. “Save me, oh mighty RNG! Have mercy on my soul!”

The RNG flickered in response, re-appearing as the word ‘NO’.

“Oh,” Underscore said, sounding disappointed. “That’s too bad.”

With all of his attention on the floating RNG, Underscore failed to notice the chute turning to the right up ahead - or at least, he failed to notice until he was suddenly tumbling out of the sky and falling towards the ground far below.

The others all winced, but turned back to the RNG, which was now deciding the fate of Quisoves, who crossed all of his fingers.

‘NO’

“I thought I had your favor,” Quisoves whined.

He waited for several seconds, but nothing happened; sighing with relief, he returned his attention to the RNG with the rest, as it decided the fate of Lewa.

‘NO’

“You know, for a 50% chance of surviving this path, it sure doesn’t seem like we’re surviving,” Lewa commented, before the chute behind them started to collapse, taking him with it.

“My turn,” said Fishers.

‘YES’

She pumped her fist in triumph as the RNG spun one final time, to determine the fate of Nevermore.

‘YES’

“Amazing!” the other Matoran cried.

Fishers, Nevermore and Quisoves all tumbled out of the chute as it ended, each of them sprawling across the snowy border of Ko-Metru. One by one, they each stood to their feet, brushing the snow off of their armor, only to discover that they were not alone - a hulking brute with a large spear blocked their path.

“...Krekka?” Fishers asked, her encyclopedic knowledge coming in handy.

“Krekka kill,” Krekka said, throwing the spear at her.

Fishers easily dodged the spear, whipping out a throwing knife that she immediately lodged in the Dark Hunter’s throat. As the giant brute’s corpse toppled to the ground, she turned back to Nevermore and Quisoves triumphantly, only to find that Krekka’s spear was now embedded in Quisove’s chest.

“...ow,” Quisoves said weakly, falling to his knees and then collapsing onto his side.

Fishers frowned, glancing at Ga-Metru in the distance.

“We need to reunite with the others,” she said. “Any idea how?”

“One of the Knowledge Towers might have a teleportation pad inside,” Nevermore said. “Or we could just try walking.”

“How delightful.”

Quisoves, Lewa, and Underscore have all failed to survive the middle path.

HOWEVER! Any Medics still active can rescue you.

ALSO! If a checkpoint is reached, you might be re-entered into the game!

Fishers and Nevermore ARE STILL ALIVE!!

---

Pulse and ToaK arrived in Ga-Metru without a hitch; upon arrival, they found WINDRIDER waiting for them.

“Windrider?” ToaK asked, confused. “But we left you in Ta-Metru!”

“I know,” Windrider said, sounding confused as well. “I was being kidnapped by Visorak, when suddenly I found myself teleported here! It was as though someone had decided to reach back in time and pluck me out of danger, saving me from my almost wretched fate!”

“That sounds awesome,” ToaK replied, turning to Pulse. “So, where should we go?”

Pulse pointed to the Great Temple in the distance. “The Great Temple is our best bet. Dark Hunters and Visorak alike refuse to enter, and it’s possible we could manipulate the Suva inside to bring back some of our friends.”

“Then let’s continue on!” ToaK decided, stepping forward before pausing. “Er… which way?”

Ahead of them were two routes; a ladder leading up to the rooftops, and a doorway to the open (and empty) streets of Ga-Metru.

Windrider has been saved!

---

FISHERS AND NEVERMORE, PICK YOUR PATH:

Option A: Find the teleportation pad within a Knowledge Tower.

Option B: Walk to Ga-Metru on your feet

PULSE, TOAK, AND WINDRIDER, PICK YOUR PATH:

Option A: Take the high road, and travel the rooftops!

Option B: Take the low road, and travel the streets!

Thiefs that are still active can use their abilities!

MAKE YOUR CHOICES NOW! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS!

• Upvote 1

I am dead, no big surprise.

You can still be saved by either a Medic or a Checkpoint!

Inconceivable!

“I thought I had your favor,” Quisoves whined.

Oh, believe me, I'm well aware that the RNG hates me (*cough*Sinful Fifteen*cough*,) which is why I didn't choose what I thought was the 50% route. Ah well...

Oh well.

I choose to take the high road, because that means I have superior morality. :P

Noted.

Empty streets? Now why would Visorak suddenly choose to abandon streets... unless it's a trap, or... they're climbing up to the high road?

I'm going to choose Option B. 

Noted.

Wait...

I died?

I would hesitate to say "died". You just did not make the correct choice!

ROUND 4: PART ONE

“I’m going to go find a teleporter in the Knowledge Towers,” Nevermore said. “Nothing ever goes wrong with teleportation!”

“I can’t tell whether you’re being sarcastic or serious, but both bother me,” Fishers muttered. “Walking to Ga-Metru is safer.”

So Fishers started the long trek, and she ignored the screams that followed Nevermore walking straight into a Vahki hive, where he was immediately assimilated.

Nevermore has made the wrong choice.

YOU CAN be revived at a checkpoint OR by a Medic!

---

In Ga-Metru, both Pulse and Windrider warily started making their way down the abandoned street, while ToaK decided to risk the rooftops.

Upon completing the climb, ToaK found himself staring at the back of the infamous Dark Hunter Lariska - in a perfect position to ambush his two companions. Knowing that he could not allow that to happen, ToaK tackled the Dark Hunter, sending both of them tumbling down below; both broke their spines upon landing.

ToaK has made the wrong choice.

YOU CAN be revived at a checkpoint OR by a Medic!

---

When Pulse and Windrider arrived at the Great Temple, they found Fishers already waiting for them; the three shared their various tales before turning to the Suva.

“I’ve taken a look,” Fishers said, “and I think we can revive six of our fellow players. Might I suggest we each select two?”

“That sounds good,” Windrider agreed, nodding. “How about you, Pulse?”

“It sounds like it could work.”

“Then let’s do it!”

All three of you will receive a PM - you can select two fallen players to revive at this time!

Well, I'm dead. Also, what's a Morbazzark or whatever?

Well, you see, way back in twenty ought four, when LEGO Sports was still a thing and Orient Expedition sets were still on the shelf, we got spankin' (to use the parlance of the day) new Bonkles. They were different critters than what'd come before, what with their articulated limbs and masks that attached by axles. And they didn't even have Kaita! Instead, they had this beastie with eye-beams and this scorpion-robot-thing!

Now, where was I? Oh yes, that's right.

"You are not the first Toa!" Turaga Vakama had said, in November of '03. Well, we soon learned what that meant. Turns out, he and the other Turaga had been Matoran, just like the villagers on Mata Nui! What's more, they'd looked like the new-fangled Matoran we got in December (who turned out to have gone to Mata Nui, but that's another story.) Anyway, they got these stones, and took them to... The Great Temple! There was a Suva there, like the ones in the Koros. Well, they put the stones in, and, hey-presto, they were Toa!

Now why did they get the stones, you ask? Well, Metru Nui (which was like Mata Nui, only smaller and a city and underground) was under attack by some real mean plants. Not only were Matoran going missing, but the Morbuzahk (which is what these overgrown vines were called) were crippling the city! And seeing as Vakama and his teammates lived in Metru Nui and were destined for the job, they had to save the city! So they collected all six Great Disks (which were Kanoka with a power level of 9!) and confronted the root of the Morbuzahk! It talked to them in their minds, and things got awful close, but in the end, the Toa won! The root crumbled, and so did all the Morbuzahk!

Of course, their troubles weren't over yet. No siree, they had just begun. You see, Metru Nui had a Turaga too! And he was actin' moughty strange, keepin' dubious company, and setting the law enforcers on our good Toa! But that's a story for another time.

• Upvote 4

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I still have superior morality, I could have lived and let my friends die but I died in a heroic sacrifice unlike everyone else who died from stupidity. I can live with that. Or well die with it but you know what I mean. And maybe my heroics and smart choices up to this point will encourage a medic to revive me.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Well, I'm dead. Also, what's a Morbazzark or whatever?

Well, you see, way back in twenty ought four, when LEGO Sports was still a thing and Orient Expedition sets were still on the shelf, we got spankin' (to use the parlance of the day) new Bonkles. They were different critters than what'd come before, what with their articulated limbs and masks that attached by axles. And they didn't even have Kaita! Instead, they had this beastie with eye-beams and this scorpion-robot-thing!

Now, where was I? Oh yes, that's right.

"You are not the first Toa!" Turaga Vakama had said, in November of '03. Well, we soon learned what that meant. Turns out, he and the other Turaga had been Matoran, just like the villagers on Mata Nui! What's more, they'd looked like the new-fangled Matoran we got in December (who turned out to have gone to Mata Nui, but that's another story.) Anyway, they got these stones, and took them to... The Great Temple! There was a Suva there, like the ones in the Koros. Well, they put the stones in, and, hey-presto, they were Toa!

Now why did they get the stones, you ask? Well, Metru Nui (which was like Mata Nui, only smaller and a city and underground) was under attack by some real mean plants. Not only were Matoran going missing, but the Morbuzahk (which is what these overgrown vines were called) were crippling the city! And seeing as Vakama and his teammates lived in Metru Nui and were destined for the job, they had to save the city! So they collected all six Great Disks (which were Kanoka with a power level of 9!) and confronted the root of the Morbuzahk! It talked to them in their minds, and things got awful close, but in the end, the Toa won! The root crumbled, and so did all the Morbuzahk!

Of course, their troubles weren't over yet. No siree, they had just begun. You see, Metru Nui had a Turaga too! And he was actin' moughty strange, keepin' dubious company, and setting the law enforcers on our good Toa! But that's a story for another time.

That was good.

Can we get a BIONICLE's First Iteration: Abridged (Narrated by Quisoves Pugnat) now?

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 4

ROUND 4: PART TWO

“I shall have mercy on Ghidora and Lewa!”

“Save Quisoves and Shadow Ignited!”

“I guess we could revive Luroka and Tea-Rex.”

Thus, the following players found themselves BACK IN THE GAME:

-Luroka

-Tea-Rex

-Shadow Ignited

-Ghidora

-Quisoves

-Lewa

All six were rather confused, having been in various stages of either dead or dying, but were quickly caught up to speed by Windrider, Pulse, and Fishers.

“So, where to next?” asked Quisoves.

“Well, I imagine this is the part where the Vakama Hordika traitor person would attack us,” said Luroka. “I know this because I am a traitor myself. So we should definitely clear the area.”

“Luroka is right,” Windrider said. “I spotted an entrance to the Archives not too far away from here - we could try our luck in the tunnels.”

“We’re also in Ga-Metru. Boats everywhere, if we wanted to… boat wherever we want to go,” said Ghidora.

“Yeah, but boats might sink,” Lewa muttered.

“And tunnels might collapse,” Fishers pointed out. “Arguing isn’t going to get us anywhere. Let’s all make our own individual decisions as usual, and hope for the best.”

---

You have two paths to choose from!

Option A: Try your luck accessing the Coliseum from the Archives.

Option B: Go to the docks, and find a suitable boat to sail.

ANY SURVIVING MEDICS can save one player!

ANY SURVIVING THIEVES can use their ability!

You have 24 hours.

MAKE YOUR CHOICES NOW!

• Upvote 2

Going into the sea never ends well in these kinds of situations. 

But tunnels can be flooded or filled with Visorak or Dark Hunters. Perfect area for dangerous stuff. 

I'm going with Option B.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Many thanks to whomever saw fit to return me to my mortal coil!

I'm understandably wary, having died, so I'll mull over my choice for a little bit longer.

Now, the Dark Hunters deal in death, so they are undoubtedly aware how easy it is to drown. So they'll stay away from the canals. But the canals are filled with water, and the Visorak may be said to be one big family. And blood is thicker than water, so they won't worry about going under. Of course, The Dark Hunters are dishonest beings...

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)