Murder Mansion

ToaKapura1234

I am wondering how the game will end.

Realistically, it's probably going to end either the next round or the one after. With only one attempted murderer left, it's highly likely that they will get caught,  and that everyone else will win.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

True; in hindsight, the murderers should've probably focused their attentions more on taking out some of the Investigators before narrowing down the pool of suspects for them to choose from.

Just throwing out suggestions here, but maybe there should've been some sort of in-game Killer System so that they could have a general idea of what the other murderers were attempting to do as well that turn while keeping their identities somewhat anonymous (just to be fair, the Investigators should have one as well, albeit with slightly less anonymity for them since they already know who they are). And maybe it would add in a little more flavor to the game for MM2 if the other murderers were disguised "helpers" that The Killer had infiltrate the mansion beforehand, each with their own particular M.O. and signatures, soley for the purposes of backstory and variety should a player decide that they want to become one of them.

I also think it would be interesting if MM2 had some additional characters thrown into the mix. Here are some ideas for consideration:

The Vigilante: While technically an Investigator, The Vigilante has borne witness to criminals slipping through the cracks of the justice system on more occasions than they care to remember, and thus have taken it upon themselves to deliver their own unique brand of street justice. Should they discover that a player is a murderer, they have the unique option of attempting to kill them on their next turn instead of following procedure, though this is downgraded to a simple arrest in the event that they themselves are followed in order to keep their activities secret. They cannot be arrested for attempted murder.

The Copycat: For every turn in which a player is going to be murdered, The Copycat has the ability to attempt to kill another player using the M.O. of an active killer in addition to their original action. Unless they are discovered, the additional murder is presumed to have been the work of the killer they are emulating, and the Investigators have to also deduce which murder they specifically commited via subtle differences given out in the depiction of the crimes in order to arrest them. This role is dealt out in secret along with The Original Killer's.

The Chameleon: Using their ability to shapeshift, The Chameleon can disguise any of their actions as the actions of another player.

I'll add more if I come up with anything else, but these only represent my personal opinion as a player and are only meant to come off as ideas to potentially enhance the experience even further.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I kind of have enough on my plate right now in the RPG Forum as it is, but if you want to use those ideas for MM2 or just pick my brain for additional suggestions, I'm cool with that.

Keeping my characters up to date across three to four different games while simultaneously Co-GMing a fifth and writing up one of my own takes a large chunk out of my free time. Thankfully, there seems to be a lull in interaction over there at the moment, so I get a bit of a break until it picks back up again.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Scene 6:

Portal rummaged through the kitchen looking for snacks, not noticing the axe-wielding Skakdi sneaking up behind him. Fortunately Luroka did. "Drop. The. Weapon." Nik laid down his axe and turned to face Matoi. "You're under a-" Suddenly Bik's impact vision smacked into Ryuko and he fell to the ground. He picked up his axe and charged the detective leaving him with no choice. A shot rang out. Nik fell to the ground gasping for breath.

"I know who wrote the notes. It was... Wait why would I tell you? I mean c'mon you killed me." Nik collapsed to the ground, dead.

Meanwhile, Toa Cykron was wandering through the mansion when he saw a floating lightsaber. He pulled out his compact Hagah Plasma cannon and fired at his invisible assailant but all the bolts were deflected away. "Some sort of cloaking device? Oh wait you must be the Huna thief!" Cykron screamed out in pain, his severed hand fell to the ground. The lightsaber deactivated and his assailant was gone.

Abridged: Nik died, Cykron maimed

Round 7 ends August 2 1:56 AM Eastern Time

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Game-wisely, there is no difference between arrest and death. Arrest was just behind corner, so I at least tried something. I thought it will end like this. Seeing this, there was no possible way to win for me.

Good luck, Jed.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Dawn of a New Day:

Doors unlocked, the sun began to rise, cell signals started getting through, more officers had arrived to take the arrested to jail, Cykron's hand was bandaged and he was shopping online for prosthetics, things were finally looking up. Could it be that the Murder Mansion was finally over, that they were free? Maira, Matoi and Fishers LXIV did not think so. They fervently searched the mansion for Jed but he was nowhere to be found. But deep in the mansion and invisible being was hard at work, activating a bomb to destroy the mansion and everyone in it. Ghidora snuck into the room. The note author had given Ghidora a strange device and told him to use it. He obeyed. Throughout the mansion, all the estate sale items flickered and powered down, useless. One of these was Jed the arsonist maimer and now bomber's Huna. "Curse you ghost!" He screamed.

Luroka Maira and Fishers were drawn to the scream and ran over. Maira spoke first: "You have the right not to get shot. Put down the bomb or you forfeit that right." A terrified looking Jed started to put the bomb down and then screamed

"NO!" He reached for te activation button his preparations complete. Luroka fired his pistol. The agori died instantly.

Ghidora walked through the wall to where Portal and Quisoves were. "Ghost!" They both screamed. Ghidora took off his mask of inagibility.

"Oh relax I was never a ghost. That body in the fire was Tarekada's with some of my DNA. I never died. I just took advantage of the fire and faked my death."

Portal replied "Technically tampering with a crime scene is a crime but since you saved a our lives I think we can let it slide."

Burnmad, Timageness and Nevermore were loaded into vans. "You know I will beat the rap." said Burnmad. "And of course I'll make sure Timageness does too, its bad enough I lost one servant here."

"What about me?" asked Nevermore.

"You confessed and were caught in the act." You're probably looking at a solid thousand years before you're considered for parole and that's if you have good behavior, could be up to a 100,000 year sentence for you total."

A cloaked figure fell upside down from the roof, a rope tied around their ankles. "You know Ghidora was the only non investigator not to try to kill someone? Well down law-abiding citizen. Of course all you did was follow my notes where I never asked you to kill, so... Look my point is this:" The figure looked at everyone, including the arrested. "I think you and I are destined to do this forever." And then the figure vanished.

"What a night." muttered Portal.

The End: Ghidora and the investigators win.

I'd like to leave this open for game discussion purposes for a while.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Things I learned I need for Murder Mansion 2:

1. Breather rounds in between main rounds (like Mafia voting) so that people don't miss as much when gone.

2. Have there be less passive abilities to keep track of. I'm starting to understand why most Mafia games don't give everyone a role.

3. Probably remove hiding as almost everyone whether hiding or searching, chose library. Except for when they chose kitchen in which case the searcher also always chose kitchen.

4. Retool esate sale items significantly as they were barely used.

5. Make the investigators less over-powered.

Feel free to recommend additions to the list. So just curious as this game was so short, would there be interest in starting the sequel in the very near future?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Things I learned I need for Murder Mansion 2:

1. Breather rounds in between main rounds (like Mafia voting) so that people don't miss as much when gone.

2. Have there be less passive abilities to keep track of. I'm starting to understand why most Mafia games don't give everyone a role.

3. Probably remove hiding as almost everyone whether hiding or searching, chose library. Except for when they chose kitchen in which case the searcher also always chose kitchen.

4. Retool esate sale items significantly as they were barely used.

5. Make the investigators less over-powered.

Feel free to recommend additions to the list. So just curious as this game was so short, would there be interest in starting the sequel in the very near future?

1. That could actually help for immersion purposes as well.

2. Even though I haven't personally played a Mafia game, I can't really say I agree with this. Keeping everyone on a level playing field just sounds better in my opinion, but that's just my perspective on things.

3. Another viable option could be to just increase the number of rooms available to hide in. While not the perfect example of this, the original Clue had nine rooms per six players, so having multiple tokens in the same room was less likely to occur. Since this game also takes place in a mansion, upping the room count wouldn't be entirely unrealistic.

4. Again, you had fifteen players versus six estate items. I personally stopped trying to steal them because someone else beat me to it when I attempted to do so, and I didn't want to end up wasting a turn going after one and failing when each round could've potentially been my last.

5. This actually harkens back to my first post of suggestions; I didn't actually feel that the Investigators were all that OP, just that the players who decided to kill people lacked the strategic options necessary in the beginning to properly take them out. Starting off the game with a group of more organised killers could theoretically solve this as well.

I liked this game, and I would definitely be interested in giving it another shot.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: