BBC Contest #62 Semifinal Poll Superman Red

BBC Contest #62 Semifinal Poll Superman Red  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Semifinal Poll Superman RedBBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away!Here we are... it's the preliminary round of official BBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away!Two entries from each poll will advance, as well as two wildcards.Semifinal Voting begins November 23rd and ends November 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST.Final Voting begins November 26th and ends November 29th at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on November 29th.---------------------------------------------------------BZP Rules and Guidelines---------------------------------------------------------1. catwoman01.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Catwoman2. 1321848827m_splash.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Spinning Superman and Lex Luthor3. flash_run.png_thumb.jpg >>> The Flash4. entry.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Batman5. dsc00663.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Firefly6. entry.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> The Gotham City Sirens (Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn)7. krypto2.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Krypto the Superdog8. entry_pic.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Daffy Duck

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Have to go with entry four here. Catwoman's okay, but seems a little disjointed and doesn't have a certain je ne sais quoi that Batman has.Honorable mention to Firefly, really like the construction there as well and nearly went with it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Voted for Catwoman, because I think Catwoman is awesome, and DeeVee portrayed her in a fantastic fashion in this MOC. Not only is the MOC extremely well built, the proportions are stylized but still feel extremely realistic to the female athletic form.While the Batman MOC is interesting, it seems rather visually messy. There is just so much going on, and it feels like it needs to be refined more. The proportions are also kind of wonky. While comic books love to portray extreme visions of the human body (i.e. hulking body builder muscles), this one doesn't really capture that idea, or even a stylization of that. His torso is overly huge, while his hands are downright tiny, and his arms/legs seem too thin in relation to his torso.Flash looks like a slightly altered Bill Furno, which bites, because a Flash MOC could be really cool! I initially thought that this was a Hero Recon creation when I first saw it, as it seems to err on the overly simplified side, where minimal time/effort was put into its creation.

Entry 4. Just rad.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I liked the overall look of The Flash, so I ended up voting for it, but it was a bit of a toss up. I do like the Superman and Lex Luthor duo very much, as well as that Catwoman, but the latter seemed too mech-like and the duo had a few design quirks to them that put me off. Ah well. For what entries there were in this contest, they all did turn out pretty well.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."