MNOG: The Mines of Onu-Koro 8 Bit Remix

So after years and years of making 8 bit remixes with premade midis, I finally took the plunge and transcribed something myself, by ear. I never really thought I was very good at this, so I'm actually kinda proud of the fact that it only took me a few hours from start to finish, even if it is relatively simplistic as my remixes go. (I did Through The Fire and Flames once. xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3wtcDU3A1M

Hope you guys like it. Given how surprisingly easy it was, I may just end up doing more. If a few go well, I'll make another album for my Bandcamp! ^-^

• Upvote 8

BHBanner.thumb.png.5f263d45f6ce05f7040ef055904babc1.png

Staff/admin of BioMedia Project. Founder of The Beaverhouse & Litestone.

We need the entire soundtrack to be 8bit, including the famous bionicle theme.

Depending on the complexity, I might end up doing that. I need to transcribe these by ear though, and other than this, I've never done that before. xD

Edited by Vahkiti Master of Time

I forgot to post a comment on the fantastic chiptune version of the song! (Ironic, if you look at my avatar, and the fact that a couple years ago I made a simple chiptune version of the Chronicler's Company theme.) If I were to have only 1 gripe (and it's a really minor one,) it's that it's too complex for a NES (if that was what you going for) - other than that, it's perfect!

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

This is wonderful. I'm an electronic music/digital music stuff in general nerd, so I certainly appreciate this. As said above, I'm pretty sure the complexity of this would be too much for consoles that used 8 bit sound. Now 16 bit, on the other hand...

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

The tune works surprisingly well in 8 bit. Now make the Chroniclers Company theme  :D

That's actually what I was planning to do next. Either that, or Le-Koro Band. ^-^

Le-koro baaaaaand xD

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

This is wonderful. I'm an electronic music/digital music stuff in general nerd, so I certainly appreciate this. As said above, I'm pretty sure the complexity of this would be too much for consoles that used 8 bit sound. Now 16 bit, on the other hand...

I usually go for accuracy to the song rather than the console. If I wanted to go that route, I'd just as easily use Famitracker. :P

• 4 weeks later...