Question(s) about Kulta

I don't know if this has been asked already. It is pretty strange if it hasn't, it's a quite legit question.

We all know that the Skull Grinder Kulta...now that I think of it, I have no clue as to where and when was his name revealed...we know that Kulta used the Mask of Creation to awaken his undead army, right?

If so, who or what awakened Kulta? And what is Kulta? He certainly is not a villager, unless he used the MoC power to upgrade his body. Then again, if he is no undead, why choose the frail, albeit menacing, skeletal look we see him in?

And if he is an undead, the same question goes: given that he could upgrade his body, he would logically enhance it to the extenct of nullifying the flaws of being a reanimated corpse, and do so with his army too.

Then again, what are the exact powers of the Mask of Creation? Does bringing people back to "life" account as something that can be related to creation?

My best guess about Kulta: He was created by Makuta, to act in his interest while he was incapacitated.

Also, I don't think we actually know for a fact that Kulta used the Mask of Creation to make his army (unless that's in the upcoming chapter book—I don't want to spoil it for myself outside of the few excerpts I've read). It's possible that he had another way to reanimate the other Skull Villains.

In general, I think the vast majority of the questions this topic asks are premature. We don't know the answers—and we're not supposed to, not yet. The summer animations haven't started, and the books aren't due to be released for almost a month. The vast majority of what we know comes solely from product descriptions, which only include as much story info as they need to contextualize the sets.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

What is strange to me is that only that LEGO Magazine has identified him as Kulta. Everywhere else, even the preview pages for the book, simply refer to him as Skull Grinder. Ekimu is listed as "Ekimu, the Mask Maker". I know it's too early to confirm anything, but we could be looking at a potential scrapped name! 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

What is strange to me is that only that LEGO Magazine has identified him as Kulta. Everywhere else, even the preview pages for the book, simply refer to him as Skull Grinder. Ekimu is listed as "Ekimu, the Mask Maker". I know it's too early to confirm anything, but we could be looking at a potential scrapped name! 

-NotS

Perhaps, but there's another possibility as well. Does he talk in the book? If he doesn't, and if none of the characters including Ekimu know anything about who he is and where he came from, then his name may simply have gone unused due to none of the characters knowing what to call him in the first place!

Of course, it's possible that the name will be used in the animations as well. Considering Merlin Mann consistently refers to him as Kulta, that could very well be the case.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

"Don't you recognise me, Mask Maker?"

"No... It can't be... Kulta?"

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...