20140439342_154e835c72_n.jpg
Flickr

See, I'm not dead guys! And I'm still building new stuff!

This, on the other hand, is a rather old MOC which I stumbled upon again recently. Meant to be a Matoran design with as much articulation as possible. The head can rotate, and there are extra joints in the waist and ankles, as well as some additional mobility in the shoulders and knees offered by the Technic pieces.

I should rebuild her with CCBS parts, now...

~B~
  • Upvote 5

I really like the design and how it looks very close to the actual 2003 matron sets, but it also features unique legs and hands. I like, but I would definitely like to see it reimagined in CCBS :)

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Nice job!  The coolest part looks like the fingers and thumbs; nice use of system pieces for the finger joints.  They look like they can move; can they also hold things?  Using fingers makes more sense than just attaching objects to an arm like most official Bionicle figures have always done.  :P

• Upvote 1

Nice job!  The coolest part looks like the fingers and thumbs; nice use of system pieces for the finger joints.  They look like they can move; can they also hold things?  Using fingers makes more sense than just attaching objects to an arm like most official Bionicle figures have always done.  :P

Yeah, they do look sturdy enough to hold something...any chance you can post a pic of it holding a staff or something of the sort?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Love the color scheme. Very eye-catching, but not quite overwhelming. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I really like the design and how it looks very close to the actual 2003 matron sets, but it also features unique legs and hands. I like, but I would definitely like to see it reimagined in CCBS :)

Yep, the 2003 Matoran design was used as a base for the design. I think it was one of the best Matoran designs, and of course it was also the most articulated. One problem with a CCBS version that I can see, though, is that the bones don't exist in white, so a large amount of grey may end up thrown in. I'll have to see...

Excellent job! Is she supposed to be an Av-Matoran, or a Sunny-Side-Up Matoran?

She's supposed to be an unspecified Matoran, because the build came before any kind of story. Although I think she's unlikely to be any variety of egg-Matoran. :P

People have been using that hand design forever; it was invented by DeeVee back in 2005 or so, so I don't deserve any credit there. As for them holding things, it's tricky when you have the middle fingers on the interior of the hand rather than the exterior. And even on the outside it doesn't help much (and it looks really weird in comparison). Often people use the open axle-slot on the bottom of the hand to work in a connection to securely hold something.

~B~

Edited by Ballom