The Screen Protector

TheOneVeyronian

Time for more Bionicle fanart from me! If you don't like bad puns, look away now  :D

20643340001_23e7cd93f6.jpg

(Click the image to look at the full resolution image on Deviantart)

Not much of a backstory to this one, one day I was looking at pictures of the Bionicle Protectors on a mobile device, then I had a bit of a lightbulb light up in my brain. What do you use to protect the screen of your phone? Screen Protectors of course! So I couldn't resist drawing Tahu with Ekimu inside a phone acting as a Screen Protector, hence this quick digital drawing (done in Photoshop Elements 10 like all of my digital paintings) came to fruition  :P This is a quick sketch, so I didn't colour in the lines on this one (but I might, but it doesn't make a huge amount of difference really, it's more about concept than execution in this drawing)

Maybe I should put speech bubbles in and make it a single pane comic  :D Anyway, feel free to post a comment or upvote this, either here or on Deviantart.

• Upvote 13

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

That is a totally awesome play on words and a very lovely drawing. I really like the details in tahu, especially his head / mask. Well done! (I was also like "Wow you put a lot of effort into that background!" but then I realized you said you borrowed it. Still, good usage!)

Now I reeeeeeeally want somebody to make a Protector-themed phone case. :D

:music:

Edited by xccj
  • Upvote 1

I like the pun, but I couldn't help but notice that Tahu's arm was really short. I like how you interpreted said arm otherwise - very cool - but it badly needs an elbow.

Which I suppose might qualify as another Protector pun...

About the elbow... it is there, it is just that I was using the Tahu set as a proportion reference, and his forearm barely extends beyond his chestplate in the position he is put in here, hence the elbow is hard to make out. Put simply, set Tahu's arms are too short  :P And yes, you might observe that the hand is somewhat enlarged, that was purely artistic choice - I had to make the phone big enough to get Ekimu's head in there with enough detail so that the pun would work visually, thus the phone influenced Tahu's hand size a bit here.

I'm glad people are enjoying my bad puns though, I might just have to try and think of more Bionicle related ones to do  :D

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!