POLL: ALL CAPS TOPIC TITLES

fishers64

Love 'em or not?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Way back in the day BZPower had some sort of restriction that prevented all-caps topic titles. These days you can do that to (hopefully) make your topic stand out. But does it really help? Or does it make you look like an overly dramatic attention-seeking noob?

Time to find out. Vote away!

• Upvote 2

They're totally fine in small doses, although—since they grab my attention—I prefer their use limited to things like birthday topics.

The old restriction was bad in many ways; it capitalized things you didn't want capitalized and decapitalized any word you wanted all-caps. The Blogs had the same limitation, and using special characters to get quasi-all caps entry titles was rampant enough for my old Caps Hax Library to be one of the more popular entries.

Using special characters messes with the search feature, which is partially why they've long been banned in display names.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

why people on the internetdo a shouting? small letter,small voice, small baby bird. thank u.

tumblr_inline_mlzhv2cxQL1qz4rgp.jpg

Sorry, had to complete it.

Anyway, I don't particularly care about whether or not people do all caps titles. Posts however, they're annoying to read. Especially when they're just a block of text.

• Upvote 3

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I am fine with caps being in topic titles. Just like a lot of things, this sort of thing depends on self moderation rather then an automatic blanket-for-all system.

However, I find all caps to be a bit annoying, so I am less likely to look at a topic that has it (I only looked at this topic because it had the word 'poll' in it).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I dont like them, but think they should be used for only BZP staff topics or the sort.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I bet that those of you who don't like ALL CAPS would not be able to survive through loud noises (#SonicsSucks) and if you do survive I'll give you a picture of a cookie. (no offense)

The sound of the creation of the universe is a good one.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I bet that those of you who don't like ALL CAPS would not be able to survive through loud noises (#SonicsSucks) and if you do survive I'll give you a picture of a cookie. (no offense)

The sound of the creation of the universe is a good one.

First off,  you are right about me not liking loud noises. I would turn down the volume to my liking and enable subtitles in movie theaters if I could.

Second, as there probably wasn't that much oxygen at the point of creation, I am certain that you wouldn't be able to hear it, unless of course you are describing the Ainulindalë from The Silmarillion. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

What kind of loser writes things in all caps?

HA! ME!

*crys in corner*

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm inclined to agree - they're fine in moderation, and definitely more eye-catching, but have a lot of potential to be abused and just wind up being plain annoying. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar