Quoting and copy/pasting doesnt work on desktop

hiddenderek

Not sure what's wrong, but I can't copy or paste anything when making a new post. I also can't quote anyone. I click the quote button, it takes me down to the post creator, but there's no quote in the space. Anyone have any help or having similar issues? I'm using internet explorer and windows 8.1. Thanks!

Is your version of Internet Explorer up-to-date? And do you have JavaScript enabled? You may want to post an issue in the Tracker and see if you can get some technical help. Maybe some other members are experiencing a similar problem?

-Rez

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

I think I found your problem:

I'm using internet explorer and windows 8.1

:P

Chrome and Firefox work perfectly. I just tried it with Explorer, and it doesn't work for me, either. Explorer is good for one thing: downloading browsers that actually work. :)

• Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I know what's happening, hiddenderek.

This same thing happened to me on my old laptop (RIP Laptop). I couldn't copy/paste or quote either on Internet Explorer. That's where BBC Mode comes in.

In the top left corner of the text box when typing a PM or post, you'll see a light switch. This is to turn on BBCMode. When it's turned on, all coded things like videos or imbedded images turn to code, and you can copy/paste and quote. NOTE: The font will change. This is normal.

Hope this helped, and it should work on Explorer. My advice: use BBCMode and/or get Chrome.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

To clarify: BBC stands for Bulletin Board Code, or BBCode, and it functions similarly to stripped-down HTML, but with [square brackets] instead of <angle brackets>. There are guides online (and probably on BZPower) on how it works, and inserting some functions using the visual editor and then switching back over should give you an idea on how it works.

banner.jpg

It's likely related to this, and yeah, a problem with IE. The lightswitch referred to above looks like this: toggle.png. I'm not sure that toggling it will fix your quoting issue. (Though, you can type in quotes manually using the

tag, but it won't have a timestamp or link to the quoted post.) There's a guide to basic BBCode tags here.

I suppose you could toggle the lightswitch to get to BBCode mode, and then try clicking the Quote buttons to see if it adds correctly.

Otherwise, I'm not sure there is much that can be done, besides getting a new browser, as suggested above. But let us know if all the above has helped out any.