war_pose.jpg

Gallery

One of Okoto's many species of Rahi, and among the more dangerous, the Golden Rurei possesses both formidible tusks of pure lightning and a launcher on its stinger tail which you should definitely beware of. Those who manage to dodge the lightning strikes and shocking tusks sent their way by a belligerent Golden Rurei are often frustrated in their attempts to take them down by the natural golden armor plating from which they take their name. But the inherently dangerous nature of the Golden Rurei is not only a curse, but a blessing, as they're also among the few Rahi capable of preying on Skull Spiders, making them good to have around so long as you know how to stay out of their way.

The Golden Rurei here began as an experiment in using Metallic Sand Yellow parts (especially that Visorak head, which I'd never actually managed to make use of before) in a contemporary creation, not necessarily an easy feat given both the rarity and age of pieces in that color. Though there's still not as much of it as I'd like, I think on the whole it worked out about as well as could be expected, and hope you enjoy it - especially so because, as I'm not going to have access to my part collection for a few months, this is likely to be my last solid creation posted here for a while.

• Upvote 13

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Now I really am speechless. I always get excited when I see G1-G2 parts blend, and this is no exception. The body is incredibly original - and complex too, at least at first glance - as is the use of Toxic Reapa's helmet. If I have (I do have, don't I?) to find flaws, I guess that it's the rear legs: they look quite blocky. Also, I think that its eyes would stand out (in a good way) more if you made them blue or light blue.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I always appreciate it.

Goodness, this is one of the most disturbing and interesting Rahi I have seen so far for G2. How did you attach that bottom jaw?

Despite the ugliness of the lower legs, I think you did a fabulous job. :D

I don't know if disturbing is quite what I was going for, but I suppose that is an apt descriptor. The Toxic Reapa head bottom jaw is in fact attached solely by that red rubber band. An 'illegal' connection, perhaps, but I think the effect it imparts is certainly worth it!

Now I really am speechless. I always get excited when I see G1-G2 parts blend, and this is no exception. The body is incredibly original - and complex too, at least at first glance - as is the use of Toxic Reapa's helmet. If I have (I do have, don't I?) to find flaws, I guess that it's the rear legs: they look quite blocky. Also, I think that its eyes would stand out (in a good way) more if you made them blue or light blue.

You're probably right that blue eyes would stand out more, but I'm one of those people who will be switching out Ekimu's green eyepiece for a blue one - I'm personally too overwhelmingly devoted to tight colour-scheme consistency to go with that.

Common - unanimous? - complaint I'm noticing is the back legs are blocky... I'm not entirely sure what I'd do differently on the Inika one I used. Maybe I just should have gone with a different base piece altogether, like a Metru shin? :notsure:

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg