fishers64

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communication Tower.

The hum of machinery powering up caught his attention, but he was too slow to react. The laser grid sparked into life, and he found himself falling completely off the roof in his mad scramble to avoid being sliced apart. 

Righting himself as he tumbled, he powered up his gravity capacitors and began to ascend once more, frowning at the realisation that the windows were being blocked off too. Why had the saboteurs gone through so much effort to prevent access to the towers? The sheer amount of time and effort that must've gone into installing and orienting all of the individual laser arrays... wouldn't it have been far easier, cheaper and faster to just blow up all of the towers? 

Not that he was complaining, of course. Approaching the nearest window, he started firing at the spots the lasers were coming from, hoping to destroy whatever was projecting them. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC TRACIA

Tracia heard clattering and footsteps, and with it whispering. Two people down below (Aza and Eza) seemed eager to destroy Hero Factory, and Tracia climbed up the stairs away from them, only to see a man with a business suit and tie coming the other direction.

She tried to slip past him without being seen - if he had come here on business, she didn't want to tell him that she was the hotel manager in charge of the place. 

GM NPC THE GRAND TRANQ/CITIZENS OF TRANQUIS (DAY)

As the sun rose higher in the sky, the brain controlled citizens of Tranquis began filling the halls of the Grand Tranq, stumbling about in a half-controlled daze. The flood of citizens surged though the front lobby and up the stairs, heading for rooms to shelter them from the heat.

GM NPC ROCKA (CONTROLLED BY EVIL BRAIN)

Rocka backed up, feeling the wind of the kick as it went past his chest. The brain sighed. From the angle of Blader's first strike, it could tell that the being had no love for brains.

Going back in, the brain-controlled Hero moved to the left, angling up an attack with his own sword.

IC: Mr Vyle - Grand Tranq.

He did his best to ignore the crowds moving up and down and around him as he finally reached the bottom of the staircase. He didn't want to draw attention to himself; the last thing he wanted was to be enslaved by a brain. 

Weaving his way through the zombified crowd, he headed for the nearest exit. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Azure Stryker/3rd Floor of the Grand Tranq

"Oh ****...."

Brain controlled citizens were beginning to walk in.

"Got an armada of brain-controlled citizens in the Grand Tranq, over. Requesting help from anyone nearby," I spoke on the comms. 

I began to get myself back onto the roof, for there was more space to hold them off. I could've taken them on down there, but I didn't want to risk getting a new addition to my head. Also it was common sense not to take on hordes of a horde enemy by yourself unless they were mooks. Although they could be.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Splint

Splint started to move in when he realized Rocka had a brain on his back. He pulled another throwing knife from his weapon, which was now a shortsword, and hurled it directly at the brain. He didn't know much about the brains, but assuming it was seeing what Rocka saw, it would have no idea the attack was coming.

~Unit#phntk#1

GM IC KARTER - KARTER'S LAB

Karter wasn't surprised that the Hero had chosen to attack the laser array. Fortunately, he had planned for this eventuality. Unfortunately, a couple of the lasers had exploded due to the energy shots, leaving the tower with more damage than he wanted. 

He grabbed a joystick and began expanding the radius of the lasers mounted by the windows, tilting them away from said windows and toward the heroes. From the top, it would look like a rapidly expanding red lined diamond, until the lasers beamed straight vertical out from the tower.

GM NPC ROCKA (CONTROLLED BY EVIL BRAIN)

Splint's knife embedded in the back of the evil brain that was controlling Rocka, screaming in pain. Rocka clutched his head as the pain of the brain got to him. 

Edited by fishers64

IC Kathrine- Main Comm Tower:

"Whoa!" I flared back, narrowly avoiding the lasers.

I frowned for the third freaking time today. "These guys are making this way too ridiculous..."

Hovering a bit lower, I Started cutting a hole in the lower wall, under the windows. Hopefully we could circumvent the majority of the tower, and they hadn't had time to laser the entire building.

IC Kaiba Blader - Sunny Square:

Kaiba disengaged his right arm from his blade, meeting the offending weapon with an arm blade, and swinging the blunt pommel end of his katana toward's Rocka's head.

IC: Reyna Pherae

Reyna paused, hearing Azure speaking over the comms. "Reyna Pherae here. I was to help out another Hero, but..." she muttered, suddenly feeling conflicted on who to help. "Can't be in two places at once, hmm..."

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

This had to be the single most ridiculous, convoluted defence system he'd ever encountered. When had these wackjobs found the time to install all of this? Why had they bothered?

As the new grid took shape, he pulled back out of its range, and covered Kathrine as she started trying to cut through the wall. 

• Upvote 3

GM NPC KARTER:

Karter tightened the lasers back toward the windows. A couple of his robots emerged from the area down below and ran up the stairs.

GM NPC ROCKA (CONTROLLED BY EVIL BRAIN):

Rocka was hit in the face by the hilt of the katana. He fell to the ground unconscious.

GM IC TRACIA:

"No, I don't." 

Edited by fishers64

IC Kathrine Scarlet - Main Comm tower:

"Gonna have company on the other side!" I said, finishing the cut and shoving the piece of wall inwards.

IC Kaiba Blader - Sunny Square:

The Blader gave a faint, grim smile, and sheathed his blade.

"We will meet in battle one day, Hero. When you can face me, I shall give you a warriors death."

So said, he turned and strode purposefully away, toward the wilderness.

OOC: Kaiba OFI

IC (As Rock Raider): "Then what the heck are we running for?" 

OOC: Just gonna post another hero profile. Villain profile will come later.

HERO PROFILE

Name: Samantha Electro 

Powers/Abilities: The hero has a jetpack as a means of flight, along with two arm blades welded onto her gauntlets. She can charge her arm blade and paralyze a target, but not cause damage. 

Appearance:  Samantha has a feminine frame and bright blue body armor. There are three horizontal white stripes on her black thighs and shoulders. Her core is bright purple in color and there are vents on her arms for excess heat to escape. Her mask has three horizontal lines on the face plate and a transparent blue visor. 

Bio/Personality: The Hero Factory has produced heroes with flaws since its own creation. Due to viruses, programming errors or other factors, some heroes don't come out right and are either scrapped, fixed up, decommissioned or villains. Electro's personality was supposed to make her a sociable team player, but she was coded incorrectly and as a result, Samantha is argumentative towards her superiors, bullies the rookies into taking orders from her and has been punished several times for abandoning the mission to serve her own wants and the only thing saving her from being broken down for spare parts was her record of major crimes that had been prevented. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

HERO PROFILE

Name: Samantha Electro 

Powers/Abilities: The hero has a jetpack as a means of flight, along with two arm blades welded onto her gauntlets. She can charge her arm blade and paralyze a target, but not cause damage. 

Appearance:  Samantha has a feminine frame and bright blue body armor. There are three horizontal white stripes on her black thighs and shoulders. Her core is bright purple in color and there are vents on her arms for excess heat to escape. Her mask has three horizontal lines on the face plate and a transparent blue visor. 

Bio/Personality: The Hero Factory has produced heroes with flaws since its own creation. Due to viruses, programming errors or other factors, some heroes don't come out right and are either scrapped, fixed up, decommissioned or villains. Electro's personality was supposed to make her a sociable team player, but she was coded incorrectly and as a result, Samantha is argumentative towards her superiors, bullies the rookies into taking orders from her and has been punished several times for abandoning the mission to serve her own wants and the only thing saving her from being broken down for spare parts was her record of major crimes that had been prevented. 

Approved. 

GM IC TRACIA

"Who is this we?" Tracia said. "Why are you following me?" She was really tired, and all she wanted to do was lose this creep and find some place to rest.  

GM IC KARTER: 

Karter turned the lasers on the outside of the tower on the inside of it, cutting their way through the glass of the windows - and right in front of Katherine and Sarcen. 

Meanwhile, a pair of his robots leaped over the lasers and grabbed a large box under the terminal. 

IC (As Rock Raider): "I'm not leaving you behind until we get a way off this planet. I also kind of want a hero now. So I can crush them with my replacement hand for vengeance." 

IC (As Electro): Her drop pod crashed right in front of the tower, blasting the concrete apart and leaving a massive crater. *Well. That didn't feel good. Time to go find a rookie and make them do all the hard work while I get all the glory.* She kicked the door off and sprinted over to the entrance before watching a laser grid cut off her path. 

OOC: Open to interaction. Also, which floor are Kat and Rune on? 

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Aiming past Kathrine, he blasted away at the two robots, hoping to gun them down while they were busy grabbing the box. 

IC (As Electro): She placed an arm blade near one of the projectors and began channeling her power through it before shorting out the laser grid. *Wonder how many brains got inside.* 

OOC: Which floor are Rune and Katherine on? 

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

OOC: So sorry, Unit -- I didn't expect activity to pick up so considerably in so little time.

IC Jet [sunny Square]: His head finally clear, Jet pushed himself up and glanced around, feeling a lot better than he should have after having a robot blow up in his face. Another Hero was standing nearby, and had presumably assisted him in some way. Jet recognized him as one of the medic types... Splint, if he remembered correctly.

As he got to his feet, Jet noticed with a start that one of his gauntlets was missing, and glanced around for it. He quickly found it -- undamaged, thankfully -- and turned to catch up with Splint. "Thanks for the assist, sir," he said before spotting Rocka being taken out by Blader. Alarmed, he readied himself to run over and help, but to his surprise, the villain simply... left. 

Turning his attention to Rocka instead, the rookie observed that one of the brains was still clinging to the golden Hero. "Sir...?" he prompted Splint, hoping the older Hero would know what to do.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Which floor are Rune and Katherine on? 

OOC: Pretty sure Kathrine and Saracen are somewhere near the top of the tower, although the delightfully complex nature of the laser grid is currently preventing them from getting inside.

IC: Crowley - Sunny Square (Empty Bar).

The shockwaves rolled through the structure, shaking the walls and causing dust and plaster to filter down from the ceiling. Tables and chairs were overturned, glasses and bottles smashed across the floor and Crowley himself was thrown off balance.

Thankfully the sturdy bar - built into the floor of the build - had sheltered him from the worst of the attack, allowing him to recover fairly quickly. He clambered up onto the bar itself and leaped at the hero, spewing a blast of green light from his open maw as he lunged...

Using his weight and bulk to his advantage, Crowley easily kept the hero pinned in place. Helpless... defenceless... just as I once was... Part of him wanted to be the better being, to let the hero go and just run.

But that part was small, and easily crushed. He'd kept to himself, avoided trouble, hadn't bothered anyone, yet the instant this hero had spotted him they'd attacked. Crowley would give him no mercy.

He stabbed down with one of his hands, aiming to gouge into the hero's chest and tear out his hero core. 

Robots that could feel pain... It astounded him how horrifically inefficient these heroes were. While he probably could've held out against the pushing for a little longer, he decided to pull back, ripping his hand free and firing off another burst of plasma at the wound with his other hand. 

The creature's wide-splayed feet and muscular legs helped him disperse a little of the vibrations through his lower body, but it didn't prevent the shockwave from battering him off his feet. 

Once the shaking had stopped he picked himself up, ears still ringing. With one hand he sent another plasma blast at the wounded hero - to keep him down - while the other snatched up a table and tried to slam it down on top of him - to make sure he didn't get up again anytime soon. 

Trying to punch the face of a creature with four jaws and more teeth than anyone dared to count... yeah, that was never going to end well. As the fist sped towards his face, Crowley simply snapped his plasma-filled mouth shut around it...

...and began to chew.

He reared back with a wordless roar of pain, a few pieces of broken tooth exploding from his open maw, accompanied by a spray of sizzling green plasma. Fighting past the sudden, unexpected pain, Crowley cold-eyed glare the hero as blood and bile dripped from his partially mangled mouth. He didn't need to say anything for his message to make itself clear: You're going to regret that. 

And then he attacked, flashing forwards and slicing out at the hero's already-wounded chest with the twisted, plasma-coated claws of his left hand. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

IC: Azure Stryker/Roof of the Grand Tranq

I sighed.

"Go help them, they're closer."

I sheathed my swords and looked around. I needed something to simply stun the citizens.

OOC: Are there ways Azure can get long wires at his location?

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

IC: Daxer Phyrus

The blindseeing hero had followed Dane when the large hero had noticed a monstrous entity on the run. And now, as he finally caught up with the two, he noticed the hero and villain viciously brawling. Not giving this situation a second thought, Daxer swiftly set his rifle to stun, then to extreme stun, and fired a few blasts at the monster.

OOC: Daxer firing at Crowley.