fishers64

IC: Splint

Splint watched Jet run up, and Aza jump away in response. As soon as she raised her weapon again, Splint hurled his shield as hard as he could directly at Aza's face. He didn't want Jet being KO'd twice in ten minutes.

~Unit#phntk#1

IC Jet [sunny Square]: Jet felt a jolt of panic as Aza took aim at his chest, but thanks to Splint, the shot simply grazed his shoulder. It still hurt, though it could have been much worse. He then took this opportunity to throw an electrically-charged roundhouse punch at Aza's face...

OOC: Aza's aatack would likely have landed before the shield crossed that distance. Edit pls?

OOC: Redacted.

Jet is now KO'd in the middle of Sunny Square with a large blast wound to the upper chest area, his Core now at half power. I would RP it out, but I need to go nurse a migraine... I'll continue to follow this thread as closely as I can, but I may end up pulling Jet out until things quiet down. We'll see.

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

GM NPC KARTER

The scientist cursed as communications abruptly went dark. While he could still see and hear inside the tower, he wouldn't be able to communicate with the galactic conspiracy. And right now, he badly needed reinforcements.

He instructed the three robots on the stairs to wait until Sarcen left. He was starting to dislike that Hero in particular - he was a real annoyance.

GM IC SARCEN

Sarcen might notice a few concealed cameras as he looked around, and the maze of cables beneath the terminals might draw his attention, since there was a few black cables there like the ones in the box.

However, the revolving laser array could be a problem...

Edited by fishers64

IC:

His first attack was thrown away easily, knocking the second projectile off course. He was able to watch it all, the Hero merely looked at the object and his partner and they moved. Possibilities : Gravity, Magnetism, Telekinesis, Kinetics... None of them would be nearly as effective when he was in his near-weightless elemental form, one he quickly assumed as he ran along the roofs towards the mouth of the alleyway, ironically snaking down a fire escape to ground level.

Edited by Lugh
  • Upvote 3

...but close to it

GM IC ???

The robot effortlessly moved past John Striker without noticing him. It remained at power-walk speeds as it entered the main hallways, dodging past other bots running around hurriedly.

"The brain research project just got tabled-"

"Sunstrom launches in 48 hours, right?"

"Do we have any new intel on the red stuff?"

He paused.

"Hey, what's a combat bot doing down here?"

"Standard recon. Karter's orders." He kept moving, heading up another flight of stairs, before they could question him further.

IC: Reyna Pherae

Reyna first deflected a few lasers using her sword, then ran under the others, hanging low to the ground. She used that opportunity to close in on one robot, lighting up her sword and slashing at the torso of a robot with her fiery blade.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOTS (3 - DOWN BELOW W/ELECTRO AND REYNA)

Distracted by the battle above, the robot's chest was slashed open and he caught on fire. The other one outside fired at Reyna at close range, aiming for her neck.

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

Seeing that a bunch of people were trying to come up the stairs, the brains began to turn the cannon to face the stairs and the incoming Ghid Squid, inadvertantly putting the thing on a collision course with Marcel Bolt.

IC John Striker:

Wordlessly, The Black ops bot hopped over the ledge, and moved down the hall where the robot had come from.

OOC: Okay, sorry if I didn't make this clear enough, but is John going back down the ladder? Because the villaineous "robot" came from the underground, not the hallway. (It shapeshifted to look like a Karter robot, but it actually isn't one.)

I picture this as the ladder extending into a tunnel in the Underground; John arrived from one direction, and our unknown evil villain arrived from the other. The tunnel goes past the ladder. Does that make any sense, or do I need to draw a picture?

GM IC SARCEN

Sarcen might notice a few concealed cameras as he looked around, and the maze of cables beneath the terminals might draw his attention, since there was a few black cables there like the ones in the box.

However, the revolving laser array could be a problem...

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communication Tower. 

He started to weave carefully through the shifting lasers, taking advantage of the bigger gaps provided by the lasers that had been disabled earlier. Since the laser grid hadn't sliced the top of the tower off or shredded the consoles, he figured that whoever was controlling the array still needed the tower intact for some purpose or another.

So presumably, if he managed to reach something important, whoever was puppeteering the laser grid would be forced to leave him alone...

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

Seeing that a bunch of people were trying to come up the stairs, the brains began to turn the cannon to face the stairs and the incoming Ghid Squid, inadvertantly putting the thing on a collision course with Marcel Bolt.

IC: Mr Vyle - Theatre Stairs. 

Seeing the cannon being aimed down towards him, and a hero racing up after him, he quickened his pace. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (As Rock Raider): "What happens to the civilians after they get freed from the brains?" He asked before tearing out a spike from one brain. "I can do your job and take out the brains if you need to move them."

IC (As Electro): She was pushed back by the robot and stumbled onto the ground before her arm blade stabbed into the bot's face and began charging her power.

IC (As Plasmid): *What's going in there?* He followed Mr. Vyle into the theater to witness a sea of brains climbing down the stairs.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: Soon as I get A rocka post for Ezec, I'll post as both Twins. Also yes, he went down the ladder. To where the robot came from. As was stated. Also do Dropships have weapons?

IC Kathrine: 

I snatched the crate from the air with one arm, using the other to take out a few more laser emitters to help out Saracen.

IC (As Electro): She was pushed back by the robot and stumbled onto the ground before her arm blade stabbed into the bot's face and began charging her power.

IC (As Plasmid): *What's going in there?* He followed Mr. Vyle into the theater to witness a sea of brains climbing down the stairs.

OOC: I didn't NPC a brain horde, although brains are technically unlocked NPCs so you can NPC your own sea here.

The brains up controlling the cannon aren't big enough for a whole sea, and I don't see why they would abandon a cannon that was about to whack a Hero and is kinda useful. :P

GM NPC KARTER'S ROBOT (W/ELECTRO)

The robot, drained of its power, died.

GM IC TRACIA

"As far as I know, they go back to normal, once they wake up."

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC KARTER

What is he doing? Karter wondered. Why hasn't he left?

He had to admit that this particular Hero was very good at navigating laser arrays. And it wasn't like he could suddenly zero in on Sarcen and kill him directly from here.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Heroes were destroying his laser array. The tower probably wasn't built to withstand much more of this pounding, but he was tired of fighting this terrible Hero. He decided to wait and hope he finally decided to leave.

OOC: Soon as I get A rocka post for Ezec, I'll post as both Twins. Also yes, he went down the ladder. To where the robot came from. As was stated. Also do Dropships have weapons?

OOC: In canon, they usually don't. I would allow a Hero (or villain, if they happened to steal one) to modify one to have weapons, but if it isn't modified, I would say they don't in here either.

And *official GM facepalm here*:

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka fell down on his butt in the square. He then pulled his foot back to him and stood up shield first.

GM IC JOHN STRIKER

As John continued to navigate the tunnels, he would notice his core readings slowly but steadily drop as the amount of red stone around him increased.

Two tunnels streched to his left, about five feet apart along the way. Unfortunately, there was nothing to distinguish the two routes in any way whatsoever. There was also the option of continuing straight, which really led to a bend to the right, which was where the ladder had been before.

Which path will you choose?

A - Left Route #1

B - Left Route #2

C - Continue Straight

Alas, Saracen didn't have any plans for leaving the tower. Given that the lasers were originating from the windows and doors - aka the most obvious exits, it was far easier for him to try to find a safe place inside the tower, rather than risk getting sliced apart in an attempt to leave.

Besides, the enemy bots clearly wanted this tower for something. Someone had to stay behind and guard it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Ghid Squidulus

At the bottom of the stairs, he looked up at Mr. Vyle, who looked at him and began to climb faster. Aha, an accomplice.

"Where do yah think ye'r goin', FAKER?!" He did a terrible impersonation of what he thought he sounded like as the second Mr. Vyle raced after him.

• Upvote 1

GM NPC KARTER

Karter waited. Let the Heroes take out the whole laser array, he just wanted them gone.

The robots standing in the halls were a waste of resources. He had seen just seen how easily Sarcen could take them out. Instead, the robots ran down the stairs, past Electro.

Let's see how long this can go, heroes.

IC (As Electro): "Oh come on!" The hero shouted as she spoke on her communicator. "Electro reporting, robots in tower, need backup!" She hastily spoke to whoever was listening before continuing to climb the stairs, trying to ready herself for whatever resistance was waiting for her.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: You know, I never said that Ezec ever let go of Rocka's foot....

IC Kathrine Scarlet:

"Saracen, hold this tower, me and Gadget will try to get some of the other towers back up! We'll send you reinforcements!"

I fried a couple more emitters, then flew off toward the closest tower, the one I'd marked earlier.

IC John Striker:

Striker frowned, shutting off his cloaking device. 

'What I wouldn't give for a couple of recon drones. Or Marcus.'

He took the first tunnel.

IC Kathrine Scarlet:

"Saracen, hold this tower, me and Gadget will try to get some of the other towers back up! We'll send you reinforcements!"

With Kathrine having created a few more gaps in the array, he was able to make his way through mostly unharmed to the central control panel, which he promptly sat down on top of. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," he assured her, keeping his rifle within easy reach while he checked his injuries. 

OOC: I was trying to post that Rocka yanked his foot free. If that is too much of a stretch I'll edit.

GM NPC KARTER

Karter shut off the laser array and banged his head on his desk. What I am I going to do now?

GM IC JOHN STRIKER - TUNNEL #1

After a few yards, this tunnel dropped down sharply, heading down into the core of the planet, as he might note from the increase in pressure.

Several minutes - about a half-hour of walking - he would arrive at a downward angled pit. His audio receptors would hurt. But he would notice the huge quantity of glowing red rock, and a large quantity of quaza stone cores. The whole collection glowed with ferocious quantity of raw energy, enough that shielding his eyes would be a very good idea.

As he did so, he might notice the Kryptonium blasters pointed right at the whole thing...

He was alert in an instant, rifle raised. "This is Saracen," he spoke into an open comm channel, "The defensive laser array in the main communication tower went just went down. Were any of you responsible for that?"

If they weren't... it might mean the enemy had given up trying to drive him out, and were instead planning some kind of counterattack to retake the tower...

IC (As Electro): "This is Electro, where is your current location? There is a deactivated laser array on the front entrance of the tower and I am currently running up the stairs as we speak, Saracen." Said Samantha as she reached the second floor.

"Top of the tower," he replied, smiling at one of the security cameras and giving it a wave in the hopes that whoever was pulling the strings was watching, "Possibly under enemy surveillance." 

IC (As Electro): "Then that wasn't me. It could be a trap to make you let your guard down, I advise you look for anything suspicious or contact HQ. Also, I've taken a step onto the second floor, I'll report any findings to Zib and tell him to let all the heroes know." Said the hero as she walked away from the staircase.

OOC: Didn't Kathrine turn off the power to the tower, so the heroes can't contact anyone off-world anymore? 

OOC: Ah, okay. Just checking I hadn't completely misunderstood something there. 

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communications.

"Can't contact Zib, rookie," he replied to Electro, "We're turned this tower back off for the time being." 

IC: Daxer Phyrus

"Alright, come on mate, we need to move." Daxer said as he helped Dane up again. "Sorry about that blast, needed to get you out of that alleyway. Anyway, get ready to run. On my mark. Ready? Set? GO!" Just as he said this, he began channelling kinetic energy in specific ways into himself and Hellsend, meaning that as they started running, their feet carried them far and fast, delivering them far away from the fire villain.

Eventually, they came to a stop, and Daxer helped Dane sit down to rest. "That was some good running there, mate. Anyway, let's take a look at that busted up hand of yours..." Daxer took Dane's hand and inspected it, grimacing as he realized how little he could do to repair the extensive damage to the armour and inner mechanisms. "Well... I can't say I have high hopes for repairing this thing. Might need to get a new one when the mission is over."

Daxer stood up as he heard comm activity, and pressed the communications button to link into the channel. "Hey, what's going on right now? Does anyone require backup?" Would be heard over the comms.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Riot - Rooftops (Outside The Grand Tranq)

Riot stepped out of the dropship's cargo bay as it flew above the chaos, engaging the rockets on his jetpack to slow his descent before eventually touching down on the roof of a nearby building. Performing a quick scan of the area, he crouched down and activated his communicator in an attempt to radio back to headquarters.

"Zib, this is Riot. I'm at the drop point and preparing to make my way towards The Grand Tranq. Over."

His only response was static.

"Zib, I repeat; I have reached my destination and I'm heading out to engage. Do you copy?"

Still, nothing.

Slag. Something must be interfering with the signal, if it's even still operational at all.

Drawing his weapons, he stepped over towards the edge of the structure, looking into the street below before hopping down onto the pavement.

Whatever. This isn't my first rodeo.

Keeping an eye out for any surprises that might be coming his way, he slowly began to move out, fighting back his unease at how eerily empty and silent his immediate surroundings seemed to be.

OOC: Riot open for interaction.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Feel like it took me forever to get here, but I'm ready now! I tried to make sure these guys aren't overpowered, but I know I have trouble with that sometimes, so just tell me if they need toned-down.

NAME: Artemus Schadenfreude [Hero]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Artemus is permanently bonded with a psychic parasite which is fused to his endoskeleton. It is visible as patches of spikey growth on his armor, and as two flexible bladed protrusions that completely replace his right forearm. This parasite feeds on the energy emitted by active pain receptors, both its host's and those of anyone else it inflicts pain upon, using this energy to grow. Thus, it requires regular "pruning".  His chassis is optimized for melee combat, with emphasis on speed and agility.

WEAPONS: Artemus no longer carries any weapons, relying instead on the natural blades of his "guest". The tentacles are slightly more durable than his normal armor, and end in razor-sharp spines. They seem to grow almost imperceptibly with every wound he suffers or inflicts (in practice, a debilitating injury would result in perhaps half an inch of growth, and lesser wounds would have substantially lesser results).

APPEARANCE:  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nyarlathotep/TBRPG-Characters/artemus_schadenfreude.png

BIO: One of Artemus' first training missions involved extracting a villain from his hidey-hole on a remote, unexplored jungle planetoid. Contact with the team was lost, so no one knows exactly what happened next. Suffice to say that Artemus was the only known survivor, picked up by an emergency extraction team several cycles later with no memory of the mission and a strange life form bonded to his internal systems. The parasite could not be extracted without killing its host, so Artemus simply trained to use the creature as a weapon, and Factory staff are careful to remove any mass it gains after each mission to avoid it supplanting his systems completely.

Despite his rather morbid affliction, Artemus maintains a fairly optimistic viewpoint. While he will not shy away from admitting the bleakness of a situation, he can almost always come up with some sort of silver lining. He is quite extroverted and enjoys any sort of social activity.

NAME: Simon Trigger [Hero]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Simon is a fairly standard model, with the exception of his integrated jetpack. While purely average (and, frankly, a bit clumsy) on the ground, he is incredibly fast, agile, and skilled in the air.

WEAPONS: Simon has his standard forearm plates replaced with two non-conductive, highly durable modular shield units, each of which boasts a triple-barreled blaster configuration mounted underneath. Each has a large main barrel, which deals considerable damage but has a cooldown of about three seconds, and two secondary barrels which fire pellets of pigment that glow brightly under certain visual filters, marking targets for takedown.

APPEARANCE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nyarlathotep/TBRPG-Characters/simon_trigger.png

BIO: Something of a glory-hound, Simon is a hotshot and doesn't care who knows it. Despite his seemingly shallow attitude and big head, he is fully aware of his position of responsibility, and considers aiding others to be his primary duty. feeding his ego is purely a secondary concern.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Feel like it took me forever to get here, but I'm ready now! I tried to make sure these guys aren't overpowered, but I know I have trouble with that sometimes, so just tell me if they need toned-down.

NAME: Artemus Schadenfreude [Hero]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Artemus is permanently bonded with a psychic parasite which is fused to his endoskeleton. It is visible as patches of spikey growth on his armor, and as two flexible bladed protrusions that completely replace his right forearm. This parasite feeds on the energy emitted by active pain receptors, both its host's and those of anyone else it inflicts pain upon, using this energy to grow. Thus, it requires regular "pruning". His chassis is optimized for melee combat, with emphasis on speed and agility.

WEAPONS: Artemus no longer carries any weapons, relying instead on the natural blades of his "guest". The tentacles are slightly more durable than his normal armor, and end in razor-sharp spines. They seem to grow almost imperceptibly with every wound he suffers or inflicts (in practice, a debilitating injury would result in perhaps half an inch of growth, and lesser wounds would have substantially lesser results).

APPEARANCE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nyarlathotep/TBRPG-Characters/artemus_schadenfreude.png

BIO: One of Artemus' first training missions involved extracting a villain from his hidey-hole on a remote, unexplored jungle planetoid. Contact with the team was lost, so no one knows exactly what happened next. Suffice to say that Artemus was the only known survivor, picked up by an emergency extraction team several cycles later with no memory of the mission and a strange life form bonded to his internal systems. The parasite could not be extracted without killing its host, so Artemus simply trained to use the creature as a weapon, and Factory staff are careful to remove any mass it gains after each mission to avoid it supplanting his systems completely.

Despite his rather morbid affliction, Artemus maintains a fairly optimistic viewpoint. While he will not shy away from admitting the bleakness of a situation, he can almost always come up with some sort of silver lining. He is quite extroverted and enjoys any sort of social activity.

NAME: Simon Trigger [Hero]

POWERS/ABILITIES: Simon is a fairly standard model, with the exception of his integrated jetpack. While purely average (and, frankly, a bit clumsy) on the ground, he is incredibly fast, agile, and skilled in the air.

WEAPONS: Simon has his standard forearm plates replaced with two non-conductive, highly durable modular shield units, each of which boasts a triple-barreled blaster configuration mounted underneath. Each has a large main barrel, which deals considerable damage but has a cooldown of about three seconds, and two secondary barrels which fire pellets of pigment that glow brightly under certain visual filters, marking targets for takedown.

APPEARANCE: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Nyarlathotep/TBRPG-Characters/simon_trigger.png

BIO: Something of a glory-hound, Simon is a hotshot and doesn't care who knows it. Despite his seemingly shallow attitude and big head, he is fully aware of his position of responsibility, and considers aiding others to be his primary duty. feeding his ego is purely a secondary concern.

Both approved.

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Above Tranquis VII

Artemus had told Zib once or twice that it was devilishly hard trying to fly a Hero Pod with only one actual hand. Both times, Zib had promised to have one modified for his use as soon as possible, but the Tranquis mission was urgent enough that he hadn't had time to check in and see if it was ready yet, with the result that he had fallen considerably behind the crowd and was only just now coming in for landing.

They sure are dropping a lot of heroes down here, he reflected as he wrestled with the controls. Whatever's going on, it must be something big. I'll have to get in touch with the rest of the team as soon as possible to get my bearings. That, at least, shouldn't be too much trouble.  

IC--Simon Trigger--Above Tranquis VII

Unlike Artemus, Simon didn't bother landing his Pod. Instead, he aimed it for a soft, looking spot, decelerated a bit, and ejected. As the capsule hit, his thrusters kicked in, leaving him floating some thirty feet off the ground. He quickly jetted out of sight before anyone nefarious could come investigate the landing.

OOC: Both open.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Marcel:

The instant Marcel felt the prod of the Brain's legs, he accelerated drastically in a spinning pattern, hoping to throw the brain off.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Mr Vyle - Theatre. 

Reaching the top of the stairs, Vyle tried to take stock of the situation. Why had the brains built a cannon? More importantly, what potential uses could he have for it? "If I could have a moment of your time, ladies and gentlemen," he approached the gun crew with a calm, confident swagger, "I have an offer that I think will make your day..."

IC: Crowley - Sunny Square. 

Coughing on the smoke drifting over from the burning bar, Crowley finally gave up trying to put up with it and clambered down off the supermarket roof. Back on ground level, he headed inside, hoping there was a back exit...