fishers64

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Streets

Artemus thankfully managed to land his Pod with a minimum of fuss, setting down in an alley a few blocks from the main hotel. He began sweeping the immediate area, but this didn't seem to be where the action was at; his surroundings were deserted. He grimaced as his attempt to contact mission control was met with empty static. Still, things weren't all bad; his initial plan to meet up with another Hero worked out almost right away. He had barely been on the ground for five minutes when he saw a fellow Hero cautiously making his way down the opposite side of the street a few hundred feet away. Artemus silently signaled with his left arm and began making his way toward the fellow.

OOC: Interacting with Riot.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Riot - Streets (Outside The Grand Tranq)

What the Slag...?

As he continued his approach, Riot noticed another Hero trying to gain his attention. Upon further inspection, however, he saw the parasitic organism attached to him, and mentally prepared himself for battle.

Nothing like that was ever mentioned in the mission briefing, but everything about it just feels wrong. Best stay on my toes; I've got no idea what else could be lurking around on this planet...

The other Hero seemed friendly enough, so he wasn't going to immediately open fire on him or anything too rash, but he couldn't rule his attempts at communication out as some sort of trap just yet. Deciding that it would be better to keep his distance, at least for now, anyway, he activated his communicator in an attempt to establish contact.

"Hailing unknown Hero, this is Agent Riot from Hero Factory. What's your status? Over."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (As Plasmid): He had seen Vyle walk into the theater earlier, so what was this guy doing on the stairs? "Hey, didn't I see you earlier?" He said to Ghid.

OOC: Plasmid interacting with Ghid. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

GM IC GADGET

As Gadget approached the tower, he would sense the wrecked control panel - all those connections loose - as well as the missing cable.

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

The evil brains fired at Ghidora from what appeared to be point-blank range. Apparently Marcel Bolt had gotten out of the way.

Meanwhile, one of the brains perched on top of the cannon turned toward Mr. Vyle and raised one of its crawly legs up by its ear, as if to say "I'm listening."

"Schadenfreude here. I just landed on this rock with no solid data on what's happening down here, so I figured I should rendezvous with another Hero as soon as possible."

He made sure that he was out where Riot could see him clearly, but took note of the other Hero's caution and didn't try to move closer. He had long since gotten used to the fact that Heroes and civilians who didn't know him were often disturbed by his appearance. Besides, if the situation here was as ominous as it felt, this guy could have good reason to be jumpy.

IC Ghid Squidulus

Cannon was facing him...

Ghid attempted to pull himself out of the way by spinning, which resulted in him tripping and falling on his face. The energy blast, however, hit him on the back where his shield was located, and gave it a nasty scratching while threatening to throw him off the stairs. Consequently, his Mr Vyle disguise vanished.

"Cars it," He pulled himself up and leapt towards the cannon, unsheating his shield and bringing one of the pointed ends down onto it.

IC John Striker:

"Mission control, this is Striker, come in."

Static.

Either all of this rock and red crystal was interfering with his comms, or the network was down. Niether sounded good. Striker snapped a photo with his helmet cam, then went back and started down the second tunnel.

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

One of the brains skittered forward to defend the cannon, only to get impaled by Squidulus' sword strike. Another brain leaped at the hero's face. 

GM IC JOHN STRIKER - TUNNEL #2

As the Hero dragged himself out of the first tunnel and into tunnel #2, he would hear the gentle sound of breathing, somewhat calm and peaceful. That is, until a soft wire net drifted slowly down from the ceiling, appearing to be massive and covering the whole tunnel.

GM IC ???

The unquestionably evil villain, still in disguise as one of Karter's robots, clambered up a ladder and broke the surface. As he did so, his appearance shifted once again, taking on the form of a Hero - one that he had killed once, long ago. 

To outsiders, his body was an elegant shade of green, with elegant silver plates on his thighs and knees. A smooth black cape adorned his back. His mask was golden, shining brightly, and his eyes glowed with a deceptive blue radiance. His armor portrayed the Hero's own massive strength, which the villain could match if he so needed. 

There were very few who remembered Mene Vantal, from the earlier days of the Hero Factory. Despite his gleaming appearance, he was often overlooked. An afterthought, compared to the more logical like Stormer. And yet this Hero was simply content with what little praise he was given. 

And that stuck with this villain long after he was dead. Even though his appearance he used merely as a matter of convenience. 

It was in this form that our villain approached Reyna, standing by the tower, and politely extended his hand for her to shake.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

OOC: BTW, I added a duffel bag for his tools, so that he doesn't pull tools out from thin air.

GM IC GADGET

As Gadget approached the tower, he would sense the wrecked control panel - all those connections loose - as well as the missing cable.

IC: Gadget Thompson/Comm Tower with Kathrine

"Hmm..."

Nothing strange came up. Which didn't entirely mean safe, but it did mean that his work was relatively easier. He sensed the box in Kathrine's possession, and sensed various wires. He put down his bag and took out industrial tape and got down to business.

"I can repair a couple of the wires easily with some strong tape. And plug some of the more intact ones. But there's still a component missing, which I believe is in the box, am I correct?"

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

Meanwhile, one of the brains perched on top of the cannon turned toward Mr. Vyle and raised one of its crawly legs up by its ear, as if to say "I'm listening."

IC: Mr Vyle - Theatre Roof.

So the brains were capable of speech... That was interesting... "We share a common foe: Hero Factory. And I'm not the only one. There are many on this planet who are also opposed to them. Perhaps if we were to combine our resources...?" 

Hopefully the parasitic creature was smart enough to connect the dots. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kathrine:

I shrugged, "Heck if I know, this stuff is a little over my head. The reciever is disconnected up top though." I set the box down on the console.

"Have a look"

IC: Gadget Thompson/Comm Tower with Kathrine

"Thanks."

He finished fixing the broken wires, and now began to connect them to the right sockets.

"Of course, in order to work effectively together, it'd help to know what exactly it is you... creatures... are planning to do here," Vyle continued, pleasantly surprised by how well this conversation seemed to be going, "So far you've enslaved a whole bunch of civilians and built a giant cannon. Since you presumably aren't working with Karter, I can't help but wonder... Who do you work for? What do you hope to achieve here?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

The evil brain's response was to leap at Mr. Vyle's shoulder. It wasn't an attack - it tapped Mr. Vyle's head, then pointed at Squidulus and then at the sky. 

Nearby, another brain pointed at Bolt and Squidulus and hissed angrily. 

Edited by fishers64

"You're trying to get Hero Factory to leave this planet?" he guessed.

GM IC ???

Deep within subspace, the being in charge of the brains sighed. He had been hoping that he would be able to subdue the entire planet before Karter had launched his project. While wiping out the Hero Factory mattered little to him, his quest for domination of the galaxy could really do without every planet being independently armed and ready for combat. Like the galactic conspiracy so desired. 

Mr. Vyle, on the other hand, was a member of said conspiracy, if his notes were correct. Traitors...were dangerous to work with. But Mr. Vyle likely did not know that he was betraying his own faction. Perhaps he could be...persuaded. That is, if that planetary explosion did not kill him. He too would wait. 

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

Both brains shook their heads. The one the cannon tapped the cannon, then pointed at the heroes. "Transport" said the one by his ear, in an unpleasantly high voice. "Planet shake" another added. "Not safe."

"Failure" another one added. "Master not happy."

Edited by fishers64

"You want to stop them from leaving the planet?" He frowned, trying to piece it together, "Or steal their transports and get off the planet yourselves?" 

"Well then... I think you'll find you're not the only ones who don't want to be blown up..." he gestured out towards the buildings all around, "...this city is full of villains who would be more than happy to help you steal Hero Factory's transports and leave them to die." 

He turned back towards the brains, "Perhaps you should consider.... recruiting them?" 

IC: Mr Vyle - Theater Roof.

"Very well, perhaps there's another way..." he considered the options, "...is there any means to communicate a message across the city? Some kind of local radio station or intercom service?" 

IC Ghid Squidulus

Ghid's fist was in front of his face soon enough and sent the little creature flying. "There won't be," He heaved the cannon barrel to face the other way, "When we're through with you!"

Quietly turning on his communicator to send the info to any nearby heroes, another brain landed on his shield, but was quickly removed. "Say, you wouldn't mind telling me how to destroy thing thing?"

Edited by Ghidora131

"Very well, I guess I'll settle for picking up anyone we find along the way," he whipped out his pistol and took aim at the intruding hero, firing a fragmentation bolt at his back while he was busy standing up on the cannon barrel. 

IC: Reyna Pherae

Reyna twisted her body to deflect some of the laser shots with her sword, grunting as she was slowly being pushed back. Thinking quick, she swiped her blade to the side, producing a wave of fire, wincing as she took a few shots to the shoulder in the process, however, due to the close proximity, it was also unlikely the robot could dodge the flames and the sword swipe.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC: Riot - Streets (Near The Grand Tranq)

"Off-world communications are down, the whole planet's infested with Brains, and on top of that, villainous activity seems to be at an all-time high. In other words, you're now smack dab in the middle of the biggest Slagstorm Tranquis VII has probably ever seen," Riot responded. "Pick your poison."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"That does sound ominous," Artemus admitted, "but not hopeless. There are several other Heroes planetside, right?"

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky

Something was very wrong. The streets below were deserted except for the occasional brain or drone. When Simon tried calling mission control for a situation update, he got nothing but static in reply. He supposed that the signal could be on the blink, but it was more likely that someone was jamming it. If so, the central tower would be the best place to look for that someone. Simon adjusted his trajectory and headed for the building.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

IC John Striker:

He cloaked, and moved back, out of range.

IC Aza and Ezec:

The smaller hero went down, and Aza had a split second of personal gloating before a hurled shield impacted her head. 

She stumbled to the side, with a spat out swear, and spun to face her attacker.

"No shield to save you this time," she snarled, lining up a shot and firing at Splint's chest.

Meanwhile, Ezec, spoke not a word, simply swung his massive sword in a vertical arc at Rocka.

IC: Crowley - Streets. 

Breaking down a back door. Crowley emerged from the supermarket to find himself in an open street. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Saracen Rune - Main Communication Tower.

With no sign of enemy reinforcements incoming, he resigned himself to waiting for Kathrine to finish fixing the other tower.

_________________________________________________________________________________

For a weapon that essentially fired concentrated explosions, Mr Vyle's fragmenting blaster had proven disappointingly ineffective against the hero. Scowling, he continued firing as he moved in closer to the hero.

Reyna twisted her body to deflect some of the laser shots with her sword, grunting as she was slowly being pushed back. Thinking quick, she swiped her blade to the side, producing a wave of fire, wincing as she took a few shots to the shoulder in the process, however, due to the close proximity, it was also unlikely the robot could dodge the flames and the sword swipe.

OOC: All the robots near Reyna's position are either gone or dead. 

IC Ghid Squidulus

*thwak*

The fragmentation bolt hit hin square in the back, some of his armour chipping off and a few sparks flying. "Ack!"

The brain's attempt was successful - he flew right on top of them, shield-first.

OOC: Better. :P

GM NPC EVIL BRAIN CANNON

The brains scattered away from the flying hero's impact, but some of them still got crushed into a gooey mess. It would take them a few seconds to regroup. 

IC John Striker:

He cloaked, and moved back, out of range.

IC Aza and Ezec:

The smaller hero went down, and Aza had a split second of personal gloating before a hurled shield impacted her head. 

She stumbled to the side, with a spat out swear, and spun to face her attacker.

"No shield to save you this time," she snarled, lining up a shot and firing at Splint's chest.

Meanwhile, Ezec, spoke not a word, simply swung his massive sword in a vertical arc at Rocka.

GM IC JOHN STRIKER - TUNNEL #2

The gauzy net just lay there on the ground. Two thin wires extended from the ceiling to the net on the floor. 

There was no sign of further attacks. 

GM NPC ROCKA

Rocka just met the blade with his own, wincing in pain at the villain's strength. He activated the plasma properties of his blade and began to try to cut through Ezec's sword. 

OOC: Right now I have Rocka lying on the ground, but with his foot free. If that needs corrected, let me know. 

Edited by fishers64

GM IC ???

The unquestionably evil villain, still in disguise as one of Karter's robots, clambered up a ladder and broke the surface. As he did so, his appearance shifted once again, taking on the form of a Hero - one that he had killed once, long ago.

To outsiders, his body was an elegant shade of green, with elegant silver plates on his thighs and knees. A smooth black cape adorned his back. His mask was golden, shining brightly, and his eyes glowed with a deceptive blue radiance. His armor portrayed the Hero's own massive strength, which the villain could match if he so needed.

There were very few who remembered Mene Vantal, from the earlier days of the Hero Factory. Despite his gleaming appearance, he was often overlooked. An afterthought, compared to the more logical like Stormer. And yet this Hero was simply content with what little praise he was given.

And that stuck with this villain long after he was dead. Even though his appearance he used merely as a matter of convenience.

It was in this form that our villain approached Reyna, standing by the tower, and politely extended his hand for her to shake.

beep beep

Alas, Mr Vyle wasn't the sort of person to remain stationary while massive artillery cannons were involved.

So as the hero tried to aim it at him, he kept moving, stepping past the gun's barrel and aiming his pistol around the body of the weapon to fire another few rounds at the hero from a much closer range. 

The Hero turned around to find what looked to be yet another Hero holding his hand out for her to shake. "I apologize, but handshakes aren't what I'm accustomed to." she said politely, but then bowed. "My name is Reyna Pherae. What's yours, fine fellow? How did you get here?"

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...