What was your G1-G2 Continuation theory?

I'm not talking about how G2 is actually G1 in an alternate universe. I'm talking about the very first theories you had or heard when we realized Bionicle was coming back and didnt know it was a reboot officially. When we all desperately wanted to assume that it will somehow pick up where the serials left off.

These theories were always super interesting to me, unlike all the reboot connections. 

For example, mine was that the Mask of Creation belong to the Tyrant King Velika, and the story would be X years after Bionicle's first end. It would tell the story of the Toa's fight to free a ruled people in a fantastic new world (reformed Spherus Magna) and ultimately dethrone the Great Being, and perhaps even continue the search for the other Great Beings. Could have tied into the existing plot points while glossing over some of the unfinished leads where everything is simplified once again because its a world where all the prominent heroes/villains of the past were either killed or imprisoned.

A pipe dream but it was still fun. What were yours?

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

We just had another topic like this closed down because it technically counts as a "post-it-here" deal.

Also, since these theories tend to be all over the place, and as it was confirmed to be a hard reboot, these are not encouraged, which is exactly what this topic is doing.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah well, if it get closed then so be it, I just liked reading these for inspiration on ideas for continuations. People get either creative or desperate in their theories

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Mine was about the golden armor being shared amongst Kopaka and Onua, but them becoming Toa Mata, but the size of Toa Nuva, and the other three being Toa Nuva, just the size of Toa Mata.

To balance Tahu's recent OP power boost.

and that they discovered Makuta is a different dimension, so the Toa had to travel there, but their Toa Canisters where turned into comets when arriving at Okoto.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I have always envisioned G1 and G2 as being separate for a veeeery long time due to my faith in the new line, but I did have my own theory that Okoto is Spherus Magna thousands of years into the future. In this, Artahka and Karzahni are forced to start an entirely new civilisation on their own to separate themselves from the Great Being Civil War ravaging the rest of the planet. 

During the Great Being Civil War, the Toa Nuva are murdered and sent to the Red Star. After Antidermis begins to find it's way into Okoto due to Karzahni (now Makuta)'s experimentation, the six heroes are rebuilt and fitted with new armour to be sent down to Okoto and protect the island from the Great Being-corrupted outside world. 

And yes, the Great Beings are my excuse for most of the evil in this timeline and for the record, Kulta is Karzahni after he found out a way to replicate the Makuta's ancient ways of possession via Antidermis.

Edited by Professor Turnip
  • Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

As a fan of Transformers, where new continuities constantly pop up, I figured it would be a new universe the moment I saw the set images. 

However, the continuation theory that made the most sense to me is if the Great Beings made new generations of biomechanical beings. For what purpose, we don't know, but that's part of the mystery to figure out. The Toa Mata/Nuva were considered a big success, so the Great Beings decided to recreate them for a similar mission. So, G2 Tahu would be a Tahu but not the Tahu. Things from Spherus Magna/MU would also be featured every now and then, like the Vahi, and would eventually reveal a larger narrative taking place.

• Upvote 2

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

As a fan of Transformers, where new continuities constantly pop up, I figured it would be a new universe the moment I saw the set images. 

However, the continuation theory that made the most sense to me is if the Great Beings made new generations of biomechanical beings. For what purpose, we don't know, but that's part of the mystery to figure out. The Toa Mata/Nuva were considered a big success, so the Great Beings decided to recreate them for a similar mission. So, G2 Tahu would be a Tahu but not the Tahu. Things from Spherus Magna/MU would also be featured every now and then, like the Vahi, and would eventually reveal a larger narrative taking place.

I like that idea. Not enough to endorse it, but there's some interesting story to be had in the Masters being 'Nuva2.0'

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That sounds similar to fishers' recent theory, where G2 takes place within a third giant robot that either left Spherus Magna before Mata Nui returned, or was only partially completed by that time.

It actually has a good justification, because there are Greg answers that imply the Great Beings should have built a third robot. ;)

After all, the Great Beings made the both Prototype robot and Great Spirit Robot because they knew the reformation of Spherus Magna needed two robots working together. So after the GSR left, it makes sense that they would start working on the other robot necessary for the GSR to complete its task. Perhaps construction was slowed by the Shattering and the incomplete robot is still lying somewhere on Spherus Magna.

And if Okoto were within a dome of this robot, some G2 mysteries could be explained as the GBs improving upon the GSR design as they watch its progress.

eg. Okoto's tall species were wiped out by the Great Beings after they saw how rebellious tall beings were in the MU (Dark Hunters, Makuta etc.), the six planets are unrealistically big so that all inhabitants notice and can read their messages (basically, they are information-showing holograms like Toa Stars were), the One Element Rule is in case a being turns evil, so that no one item can be overpowered - this means that Okoto can only be ruled cooperatively by the majority of the equally-powered beings present (in response to the Makuta) etc.

• Upvote 3
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I had one back in January of this year. I had to do some digging to find it, so enjoy.

It would be interesting to see myths surround such a hero. A hero who came from the heavens under exile by a dark lord yonder, united the native tribes and fought back a dark empire, trekked far for great secrets and treasures, and slew the aforementioned dark lord. He recreated the world in his image and retreated to his holy helm, from which he observes things from under layers of forgotten dirt. Millennia passed and nations rose and fell in his absence, until a mighty order of mask makers were formed from the traditions of ancient times. A war took place that thinned this order, and many traveled West to the uninhabited islands that lay in that cardinal path to escape from ruin. Two high-class members of this order rest in the mysterious island of Okuto, where after years of patience, Makuta (who christened himself as such after the dark lord of old) grows tired of his 'brother' Ekimu's success, and in a bid for glory he creates a heretical mask of unbalanced power, which after a duel makes the two disappear.

And if you couldn't tell, the exiled hero was in reference to Mata Nui.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light