Skullotaur, Titan of Earth

The 1st Shadow

Having picked up Skull Basher the other day, I decided to do a bit of MOCing. Using only parts from Onua, Korgot, and Basher, I have constructed this monstrosity! Finished it in about 25 minutes (not counting the destroying of the three component sets).

1thumb.png

^Click for gallery^

Front

Back

Pose

Second pose

Close-up of the torso

One-foot test

Size comparison

"Well, it was nice knowing you, Tahu."

Leftover parts

Dear LEGO,

This is how you should do combiners.

Sincerely, me.

Comments, criticism, and carrot-cake appreciated. :)

Enjoy!

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan
  • Upvote 5

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Ooh, fancy! :P

This guy is pretty dang cool, and while I agree he's a fine combiner example, he is a little spotty in places. I really like the thickness of his legs, but his torso and arms are too light for his frame. I'd suggest filling those in (if possible). Otherwise, he is a fearsome foe.

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Thanks for the feedback, all! :D 

I find it annoying that the arms are so short, but this is how LEGO should do combiners. :P Nicely done!

Ooh, fancy! :P

This guy is pretty dang cool, and while I agree he's a fine combiner example, he is a little spotty in places. I really like the thickness of his legs, but his torso and arms are too light for his frame. I'd suggest filling those in (if possible). Otherwise, he is a fearsome foe.

This can be answered in as simply as "LEGO chooses to give us sets with the shortest possible bone pieces." :P Having used only parts from the sets, there's nothing I can do about that. :shrugs:

Anyways, I really, REALLY like this. It's a very cool concept and looks very good. Perhaps you will make these for the other elements as well?

I plan to! As soon as I get Kulta, I'll blend him with Tahu and Narmoto. As soon as my brother gets Warrior, I'll do the Ice Titan as well. :) Jungle will have to wait, since I don't have Lewa and can't find any of Vizuna at my local stores. 

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Firstly, This is an excellent combiner. Even without knowing sets by heart, I think it would be obvious which two it combined. Also including both onua's and skull basher's chest plates was nice.

However, I agree with the arms being a bit short, and also I can't get over those random bone piece jutting from the shoulders. They don't seem to connect to anything, and they just look weird floating there, like they were an after thought.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Firstly, This is an excellent combiner. Even without knowing sets by heart, I think it would be obvious which two it combined. Also including both onua's and skull basher's chest plates was nice.

However, I agree with the arms being a bit short, and also I can't get over those random bone piece jutting from the shoulders. They don't seem to connect to anything, and they just look weird floating there, like they were an after thought.

Thanks. :) It's actually 3 sets. Korgot is in there, too.

Definitely an afterthought, yes. I just didn't want to have those empty balls just sitting there, so I added the remaining bones.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I actually think the legs are the weak point of the set. The arms are bulky enough and you did your best with the chest but the legs look too thin.

I was tempted to use Onua's gold parts to bulk it up a bit, but there's only four of them, not counting the mask, so it would have looked weird. I figured it was best to stick with the skeleton theme and keep it looking as "dead" as possible while still formidable. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~