Onuku, Matoran of Copper

Click

Wow, it's been a while since I posted any of my MOCs here. I kind of fell into the habit of keeping them all on Flickr, but I've been meaning to post some of them in BBC for a while, so let's get to it. First up is Onuku, Matoran of Copper:

16862733120_73413277df_n.jpg

Flickr Gallery

Onuku here was my entry to the April 2015 Flickr Banner Contest and has become one of my two Self-MOCs. His build was based on an old concept of mine mixed with a fantastic design for a Toa of Copper built by Lol-Pretzel on Deviantart, and Bionicle 2015 gave me just enough dark orange to finish him up. I had been wanting to use that amazing Steampunk Akaku customized for me by Modalt Masks that has turned into my avatar on most other websites.

• Upvote 3

A question on the mask: is it fragile?

Thanks! The mask is really just a painted Akaku, so it is as sturdy as any Bionicle Mask. Modalt did a great job gluing on the gears though, and I haven't had any problems with them.

What a cool, original design on this guy!  Nice.

So I have a question though: what is a "self" MOC?  I see this phrase used alot, but I've never known what it means.

Thanks! A "Self-MOC" is a creation that is supposed to represent you. It can use your favorite masks, your favorite colors, a story/personality reminiscent of yourself, or just a design you like. Onuku is one of my Self-MOCs because he uses that steampunk Akaku, which is one of my avatars.