Dragonfly-Kal

Guten tag once again!  Here's a neat little combiner you can make with a pair of Bohrok.  My minions of choice were a Levahk/Levahk-Kal hybrid, Pahrak-Kal, and a random green krana thrown in for good measure.  Go nuts.

Dragonfly1.JPG

The Dragonfly-Kal is a species that arrived on Mata Nui shortly after the Bohrok Wars.  It appears to be related to the swarms, given its insectoid appearance and nearly identical skull.  However, that is where the differences end.  Part of it seems to be reptillian, such as its arms and tail.  Its wings resemble a thicker, armor-plated version of the Nui-Rama's, reinforced with metal alloys.  These wings are always partially open; a Dragonfly can start running with its powerful forelegs, catch the wind with its wings, and let the air lift its tail end off the ground.  Alternatively, it will use its tail as a third leg to walk or launch itself into the sky.

While not possessing a "hive mind" like the Bohrok swarms, Dragonflies seem to have developed their own sort of language allowing them to share information almost instantaneously.  For instance, if one Dragonfly finds a new type of predatory Rahi, the information quickly spreads to the whole species.  The creatures don't fear Matoran, however, and a few adventureous souls have even managed to ride them.

Front

Back

Side

Bottom

Dragon(fly) Rider

AAUGH

Enjoy!

-Jaga

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Very cool, the back legs look a tad awkward but otherwise good. I like the way a MoLtoran fits onto it.

That's the idea, it uses its tail as a leg.  When it's just standing up it stands like a tripod.

To get Hewkii on there I had to make a "saddle", which uses more parts than just the two Bohrok.  I guess there's no definitive way to make one, seeing as nearly every Matoran uses a different build.  I do like that it's just the right scale for it, though.

Not exactly the most polished MOC I've seen, but that's understandable given the limitations of combiners. The old-school vibe is a nice change of pace from the more modern stuff you usually see on here.

Thanks!  I wanted to make something that wouldn't be too hard to make a swarm of later.  Seeing as though I have about a dozen Bohrok lying around, a combiner felt perfect.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest