Where Do You Think The New Bionicle Story Will Go?

I think it will go underground for a while, discover the secrets beneath the ancient land, than journey out to new lands (after say Okoto is destoyed. Maybe after many years of evil in the land, wars and what not the island was weakend, it would be distryed) so the toa and protectors, villagers, and what or who ever else that came along the way will have to find a new land.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Where it will go, I dunno. Maybe into the past, for one thing.

I hope it will go "somewhere", as in that I hope the story really starts developing more soon. And from what we've scene, I think there's a fair chance of that happening.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Another island most likely. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Where I would like to see it go is the Toa fight something awesome while we discover the lives of the Protectors and Villagers at the same time. Gen 1 made us care about simple matoran like Jaller, Takua, Hahli, and eventually got us to like them enough they sold them to us as rookie Toa! There has to be a "Takua" somewhere on Okoto too! (?)

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

At the simplest level, the Toa will continue to fight Makuta's minions, and eventually Makuta.

Location-wise, I would expect at least the whole initial three years to be on Okoto. They could take a leaf out of Ninjago's book, which keeps the same islands but just adds in new locations (which BIONICLE can do because there isn't a game like MNOG pinning down exactly what is on the island). G1's fast location switching meant they sometimes lacked detail and ended up as 2D backdrops.

And anyway, there are ruined cities in all the regions that could be explored (and there are multiple villages in each region yet to be visited by the Toa). We could even have a story arc to do with the Ancient City's repopulation. Windham stated in an interview that Okoto is big enough to take weeks for a villager to cross, so there is plenty of room for new surface locations.

Toa-wise, I hope that in the future they are fused with their Golden Mask powers, so that they cannot lose their elemental abilities so easily. Seeing as the Golden Masks function more like Nuva Symbols, it would be like a "reverse-Nuva" transformation but with power boost. (It seemed odd in G1 that the Nuva upgrade meant the Toa needed an extra item to function; perhaps G2 will have the transformation the more sensible way round, of needing an extra item to not needing an item.)

• Upvote 2
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

To be honest, I'd like them to stick around on Okoto for a while. There's a lot we still don't know about it, and from what I understand of the new story there is much about Okoto's past specifically that hasn't been revealed. Okoto has a lot of potential, and I'd really like to see the story make use of that.

Past that, I'd rather not have another island with identical/similar villagers or a reveal that Okoto is on the face of a giant robot part of an enormous other universe with identical/similar beings. Exploring the stars would be kinda cool IMO, but maybe unlikely. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of going under the island, once again as long as there doesn't happen to be an ocean/island/universe beneath Okoto.

[Cyrix]

The trash. We need to reboot the reboot.

I think the Toa would stay at Okoto for a while and find out more about it while unlocking new power, fighting new foes, and meeting new characters. I'd honestly be satisfied with that as long as it's good.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

I agree with a lot of the people above that there's still plenty of room for further exploration of Okoto, even without radically transforming what Okoto is like (which, after a bit of more conventional exploration, could be a possible alternative to going to a whole new location).

After that, hard to say what's planned. Back in 2001 we probably couldn't have predicted the story jumping to an underground city a thousand years in the past after three years.

Maybe the Toa will go to space! After all, that's where they seemingly came from. Or maybe the Toa will go to sea and spend a year fighting pirates and hunting for treasure. Maybe they might literally travel through time to before Makuta created the Mask of Ultimate Power and prevent Okoto's Great Cataclysm from even happening.

Needless to say, there are lots of different directions the story could be taken even after the current setting has been thoroughly explored.

• Upvote 3

With an undercurrent of "time" playing an important role, I think it would be cool to stay on Okoto, but visit different time periods on the island - think of it: the Toa could go to prehistoric Okoto, and we'd finally get BIONICLE dinosaurs! Then they could travel to a Metru-Nui-esque future Okoto, and save it from an apocalypse or something. 

This would all happen after the Creation/Control/Ultimate-Power Mask "Trilogy".

It's something that's never been done before, and I think it would be a great way to get the most out Okoto.

Either that, or make an unknown BIONICLE mainland-continent the stage of conflict.

Or, maybe visit one of those moons in the sky. BIONICLE in space would be cool, just as long as they keep in in the solar system.

I feel like the reboot has a lot of room to play around in.

• Upvote 1

We've already gotten undead this year because the zombie genre has been so popular...now that giant monsters - specifically dinosaurs, thanks to Jurassic World - are majorly popular again, I think we could see kaiju or dinosaurs of some sort. Evil robots bent on destruction of all life - think Bohrok mixed with Terminators - is another potential I see. Perhaps a Bionicle version of Agartha is possible as well, seeing as the Hollow Earth conspiracy - which is closely linked to Agartha theories - is showing up in fiction again. I'm sure an underwater city will be explored again in the future. Space - whether it be alien invasion our the Toa going to another planet - is another likely possibility. Each of these could allow for unique story threads that don't necessarily have to follow the typical "good guys vs bad guys" story we usually find. The Mask of Time - depending on its powers - allows for a lot of unintentional wrongdoings to occur by beings who had innocent/neutral intentions.

At the simplest level, the Toa will continue to fight Makuta's minions, and eventually Makuta.

Location-wise, I would expect at least the whole initial three years to be on Okoto. They could take a leaf out of Ninjago's book, which keeps the same islands but just adds in new locations (which BIONICLE can do because there isn't a game like MNOG pinning down exactly what is on the island). G1's fast location switching meant they sometimes lacked detail and ended up as 2D backdrops.

And anyway, there are ruined cities in all the regions that could be explored (and there are multiple villages in each region yet to be visited by the Toa). We could even have a story arc to do with the Ancient City's repopulation. Windham stated in an interview that Okoto is big enough to take weeks for a villager to cross, so there is plenty of room for new surface locations.

Toa-wise, I hope that in the future they are fused with their Golden Mask powers, so that they cannot lose their elemental abilities so easily. Seeing as the Golden Masks function more like Nuva Symbols, it would be like a "reverse-Nuva" transformation but with power boost. (It seemed odd in G1 that the Nuva upgrade meant the Toa needed an extra item to function; perhaps G2 will have the transformation the more sensible way round, of needing an extra item to not needing an item.)

There shouldn't be a reason for them to leave this location for a couple years. Okoto is huge and it's been said that there is a muiltiutde of villages. Now if that is what it implies, We could have settings that take place in villages that are oddities. Places that have altered Villagers, ruins of strange cultures-besides the mask maker city-  just give us a world to explore. Having said that, I don't thinking going underground would be a good solution to a new location, unless of course we are going to visit Onu-koto.

It would interesting to see the story team expand on these Toa/Glatorian-ish denziens that LEGO has been throwing at us with the Skulls. Were they another race besides the villages? Where did they go? Are they all dead? If this is the case, these beings will become a larger role in the future.

In regards to our mighty heroes. I can see them growing into the characters that they are in Gen1 by the end of this run. Tahu and Kopaka espiecally, I can see them maturing into a partnership that's similair to Gen1's Kopaka and Pohatu.  Pohatu could become someone that is more relax and free-spirit than his current angsty attitude. The Toa just have a long way to, character development-wise.

I've read somewhere, and a bunch of other places, that people are thinking that Makuta may be possessed by the MoUP. yeah. that works. It would make for an interesting twist.

I think the Toa would stay at Okoto for a while and find out more about it while unlocking new power, fighting new foes, and meeting new characters. I'd honestly be satisfied with that as long as it's good.

no. YOU"RE RIGHT. We need a reboot to the reboot! :P ...Vahi time sheningians? 

With an undercurrent of "time" playing an important role, I think it would be cool to stay on Okoto, but visit different time periods on the island - think of it: the Toa could go to prehistoric Okoto, and we'd finally get BIONICLE dinosaurs! Then they could travel to a Metru-Nui-esque future Okoto, and save it from an apocalypse or something. 

It's something that's never been done before, and I think it would be a great way to get the most out Okoto.

Either that, or make an unknown BIONICLE mainland-continent the stage of conflict.

Or, maybe visit one of those moons in the sky. BIONICLE in space would be cool, just as long as they keep in in the solar system.

They wouldn't even need to travel back in time. What if they or someone brought Dinosaurs back from the past to the present?? or something similiar to the time stones in Skyward Sword.

Edited by Onrack
  • Upvote 1

They wouldn't even need to travel back in time. What if they or someone brought Dinosaurs back from the past to the present?? or something similiar to the time stones in Skyward Sword.

Thank you! Curse this reboot. Seriously. Take this reboot out back and curse it. I hate this piece of crud reboot. I hate it with all the strength I can muster. The Vahi is most likely gonna appear soon, so cross your fingers! :D

If I remember correctly, if we didn't get BIONICLE Stars, we would have at least gotten a BIONICLE movie with dinosaurs. And let's not forget Skirmix!

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

G2's story will probably be similar to G1's story. Lego knows how well it did the first time, so to change it too much would be too big of a risk, that being said, some things will change to keep is fresh and different from G1. I'd imagine we might see a 7th Toa, but the whole Metru Nui thing might be dropped.

Bionicle for 2015.

Thank you! Curse this reboot. Seriously. Take this reboot out back and curse it. I hate this piece of crud reboot. I hate it with all the strength I can muster. The Vahi is most likely gonna appear soon, so cross your fingers! :D

If I remember correctly, if we didn't get BIONICLE Stars, we would have at least gotten a BIONICLE movie with dinosaurs. And let's not forget Skirmix!

The vahi will ultimately lead to Gen3. Gen1 and Gen2 won't be connect but Gen2 and Gen3 will.  :^y

Yeah, Skirmix! The foreshadow that never was. I'm surprised we didn't get more like him durring that year. Hopefully Gen 2 deciedes to include some dinos. Not within the first three years but maybe the years following that?

G2's story will probably be similar to G1's story. Lego knows how well it did the first time, so to change it too much would be too big of a risk, that being said, some things will change to keep is fresh and different from G1. I'd imagine we might see a 7th Toa, but the whole Metru Nui thing might be dropped.

It might be similair in structure. For example, Heroes are introduce. Find the masks. Badies intrduce. big fight. Finish Quest. Oh no, Another quest is actvated. starts all over again.

I totally agree with you about there being another 7th Toa. I always found this to be a plot-point with other toylines (Beast wars and Power Rangers) and it'll great for sales. Maybe Ekimo will "magically" turn himself into a Toa or some other guy will take up the role.

The story - from what I've read- is one of the reasons they decided to place the theme on hiatus and bring it back with a reboot. So I'm not sure if lego would want to follow it's exact foot steps. The creative team has also stated that they want to do new stuff with the line. You can even see that with the summer wave for this year with the Skulls.

The vahi will ultimately lead to Gen3. Gen1 and Gen2 won't be connect but Gen2 and Gen3 will.  :^y

Yeah, Skirmix! The foreshadow that never was. I'm surprised we didn't get more like him durring that year. Hopefully Gen 2 deciedes to include some dinos. Not within the first three years but maybe the years following that?

Undeniably, due to the use of Gen2's Vahi.

Skirmix was cool, even if I didn't get him. And I'm honestly not surprised we didn't get more like him. 2009 was overflowing with sets of all shapes and sizes already and another dino would complicate things. However, I would definitely love to see some dinosaurs later on like you said.

mindeth the cobwebs

Well, so far the Toa have done the following:

• Arrived on a mysterious island
  • Received tutelage from wise elders who guided them through their first challenges, then inexplicably vanished
  • Fought a bunch of spiders
  • Got upgraded
  • Fought a boss-spider
  • Traveled to a new area
  • Fought a bunch of skeletons
  • Met a new tutor
  • Fought a boss skeleton
  • Got upgraded again

Since the storyline's followed basic RPG rules so far, it's safe to say that they'll be fighting wild animals and bandits in the woods. Orcs and evil wizards to follow.

Because you, know...these Toa are

EExzx69.png

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I have no idea where the "story" will go, but I just want it to go somewhere.

The "story" so far is a barebones bore-fest.

All we know about anything right now, is that 6 warriors land on a mysterious island, to fight "mysterious" enemies, to save a "mysterious" mask maker.

Oh, and the entire island seems empty so far.

Back in G1, we had 6 mysterious warriors that emerged from canisters, knowing little of what they truly are. They slowly unlock their powers with the help of 6 elders from each of the different tribes that live on the island. Even they had their own secrets.

Little was known of the island, or how the villagers got there, but all we knew was that evil needed to be vanquished.

Oh, and we had that awesome Makuta statue, to make everything seem dire and foreboding.

67685335.jpg             

To be honest, I have no idea where the "story" will go, but I just want it to go somewhere.

The "story" so far is a barebones bore-fest.

All we know about anything right now, is that 6 warriors land on a mysterious island, to fight "mysterious" enemies, to save a "mysterious" mask maker.

Oh, and the entire island seems empty so far.

Er... Have you watched the animations? That's what we knew at the beginning of the year. Now we know a fair bit more than that. Also, we are only a third of the way through the story.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I've just finished watching all the episodes, and I kind of hope they expand on Okoto a little more. The original bionicle seemed to pay more attention to the villagers and their culture than this - granted, I haven't managed to get hold of any of the books, and yes, the clips are clips and therefore really short, but it sort of feels like too much is being glossed over.

wake_up_sheeple.png