Colors You Want to See Come Back

Naota Takizawa

What colors would you like to be introduced or brought back? Personally, I'd like Sand Red and Violet to make a return alongside metallic green. As for introducing new colors, there aren't any colors I can think of. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The chances of Lego bringing back colors are fairly low (in most cases, they don't retire a color in the first place unless they deem it unappealing or superfluous). At best, they might introduce a substitute for an older color.

As far as new colors are concerned, some modern parts are printed with very nice Metallic Red and Metallic Blue ink, and I suppose it'd be nice to see plastic equivalents. The same applies to copper—while they still have an ink color in use, I don't know if the same applies to a plastic color, and such a color would be quite useful in certain scenarios (such as if they ever wanted to include a giant penny in a Batcave set).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Every sand color! Oh and also clear dark pink!

Clear dark pink (assuming you mean 113 Trans. Medium Reddish Violet, the main color Bricklink refers to as Trans-Dark Pink) never went away—it's still used in sets today, including a lot of this year's Lego Elves sets. Unless you're referring to Tahu's eye color, 158 Trans. Fluor. Red—but not only was that never used as anything other than a Bionicle eye color, but it isn't even as old as the Trans-Dark Pink that's still in production!

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

I have nothing to add except that this topic made me spend much longer on this page than I'd ever imagined.

Bricklink can be fine for casual reference, but if you really want to learn about colors, Brick Colorstream's where it's at.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Turquoise all the way baby! Also copper, and LEGO's old gold color (not metallic sand yellow) that was used in slizers occasionally.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 3 weeks later...

Teal, REAL purple (that one might still be around, but I can't say I've seen it too much), more bronze-gold pieces (steampunkin), the old dark grey color they used (on Rahkshi, for example), sand blue (again, it might still be around, but I haven't seen it much). I guess, basically, a lot of colours from around the 1990s and early 2000s.

(Even if most/all of those are still around, I'd like more pieces set in them.)

I'd also like a nice, deep, magnificent purple. (My favorite color.)

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 2 weeks later...

Sand blue is still in production as far as I'm concerned and what's wrong with the current purple?

'cuz it's not the OG purple.

I dunno, I just really like the old one a lot more. Makes me nostalgic.

And as I said about sand blue (and any other colors I wrote about); even if they're still in production, I'd like to see a larger number/variety of pieces actually being cast in them.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Maersk Blue is still around: but it would be nice to see it in more than just the Maersk sets.

They actually don't even use it in the Maersk sets anymore, because Maersk actually changed their corporate color. So the Maersk Line Triple-E actually used Medium Azur (which is a near-match for the new corporate color) instead of Pastel Blue (Maersk Blue).

Random note for those who are curious: Teal (Bright Bluish Green) actually came back this year! But not in plastic bricks — rather, in a textile element from the Edna Krabappel minifigure from The Simpsons Series 2.

Might it show up again? Who knows? I certainly wasn't expecting it to show up again even in this capacity!

Maersk Blue is still around: but it would be nice to see it in more than just the Maersk sets.

They actually don't even use it in the Maersk sets anymore, because Maersk actually changed their corporate color. So the Maersk Line Triple-E actually used Medium Azur (which is a near-match for the new corporate color) instead of Pastel Blue (Maersk Blue).

Well I'm glad I got the Maersk Train set then; or else I wouldn't have any Maersk bricks at all... Sad to here it was discontinued (but then again, what good was a licensed color that couldn't be used without Maersk's permission?); but hey it always did have a resemblance to Medium Azur anyway. 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

41155-1.jpg?201711210852

Check out the color of the tooth elements on the roof and the market stall in this 2018 Disney Princess set. Yes, that IS Bright Bluish Green/Dark Turquoise/Teal! Back in plastic after a whole decade!

• Upvote 2

41155-1.jpg?201711210852

Check out the color of the tooth elements on the roof and the market stall in this 2018 Disney Princess set. Yes, that IS Bright Bluish Green/Dark Turquoise/Teal! Back in plastic after a whole decade!

(Heavy breathing)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Glow-in-the-dark :alien:

Still in sets! In this year's sets, the Batman BrickHead and Fenrir in The Ultimate Battle for Asgard have glow-in-the-dark eyes, Battle of Atlantis has glow-in-the-dark studs as what I guess is meant to be some type of bioluminescent sea life, and The Witch Hut has a glow-in-the-dark piece of glowstone in a treasure chest.