BBC Contest #71: The Witching Hour!

Tufi Piyufi

LDD entries aren't permitted.

Why is this, exactly? Cause, I'd love to take part, and do most of my MOCing with LDD, since it allows me a great deal more creative freedom, as well as parts I wouldn't have access to otherwise.

I think it works hand in hand with the whole "no complaining cuz this is unfair, don't have as much parts as so and so," rule.

Plus, with LDD you would have no limitations whatsoever and be able to create however unrealisticly large or physically impossible model that you wanted.

Please don't answer questions if you're not contest staff.

LDD entries aren't permitted.

Why is this, exactly? Cause, I'd love to take part, and do most of my MOCing with LDD, since it allows me a great deal more creative freedom, as well as parts I wouldn't have access to otherwise.

These are contests for physical MOCs only. The type of building in LDD doesn't mesh with that.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

This one I'm gonna skip, I'd enter, even have 2 ideas already, but with my current job I don't have that much time to MOC, plus what time I have I want to use to work on the things I already put in queue for revamping. 

Then again not like anyone ever bothers with my entries, casual people can't compete with Mr. "Cluster MOC builder" who can buy half of BrickLink and get it delivered under a day. (And I don't care about the whole "Oh that's how it is just deal with it". It's a cheap excuse and you know it) Not to mention the general lack of interest in the non-famous builders/new comers, they're lucky if they get a view or two maybe a comment, even if their MOC is actually good or dare I say looks better than "X" big name MOCer's creation designs. You can't really call something a fair game if some odds are already stacked against some people before the thing even starts.

From the rules:

7) No "this is unfair" posting. Some people have more parts, money, time, birds, gigs left on your hard drive, etc than others. That's life; we each have to do our best with what we have. Any excessive complaining may, at the judgment of the contest runner, disqualify you!

While it's hardly accurate to say only the "big names" win contests or get any votes, it's 100% true that whining and poor sportsmanship can prevent you from entering any future contests. Since this is far from the first time I've had to warn you about your behaviour, this is your final warning.

I'm a good sportsman, as I have not won but one contest so far and even that took me by surprise(Oh and it was not a BZP contest, it was a Christmas themed contest on DA by a Bionicle group), but guess what, it didn't get to my head, nor did I complain when I didn't win in the other cases. But these BBC#X year after year getting the near same results eventually piled up, making me see a bit clearer, the villain contest, a while back is the best example for this.

How about this, make the game not rigged so everyone can have the same odds at winning instead of favoring specific people.

How about this, make the game not rigged so everyone can have the same odds at winning instead of favoring specific people.

These contests have never been rigged. Stop trying to blame other people for something that is beyond their control.

So you approve of prototype parts being used for these contests for a "edgy super awesome MOC" by X person who put his/her hand on it because being invited to some VIP event that only a select few can attend to? Thus gaining a clear unfair edge? No wonder that cluster of a MOC won the villain contest then. If that was allowed I dare you to call it not rigged.

• Upvote 1

These contests have never been rigged. Stop trying to blame other people for something that is beyond their control.

So you approve of prototype parts being used for these contests for a "edgy super awesome MOC" by X person who put his/her hand on it because being invited to some VIP event that only a select few can attend to? Thus gaining a clear unfair edge? No wonder that cluster of a MOC won the villain contest then. If that was allowed I dare you to call it not rigged.
I kinda agree that prototype parts shouldn't be allowed as they're only a few of them. But I wouldn't stir up anything, Anon.
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Your final warning has come and gone. You may not participate in any building contests hosted by BZPower for one year. This includes commenting in the contest topic. If you continue to post, further action will be taken.

Now let's get back to making scary MOCs, shall we?

• Upvote 6

Could you elaborate? I realise there's a lot of connections that you can do in LDD that wouldn't work in real life, but there are just as many techniques that work in real life that wouldn't in LDD so I'm honestly confused.

Definitely, but as these have historically been physical building contests, we've decided to keep to that end of the building spectrum. Permitting LDD entries in contests didn't go over very well.

Question -- rules say your entry must not be published prior to this contest. Does this mean published on bzpower or published on any website?

Entries may not have been posted anywhere on BZPower, but anywhere else on the internet is okay.

Could you elaborate? I realise there's a lot of connections that you can do in LDD that wouldn't work in real life, but there are just as many techniques that work in real life that wouldn't in LDD so I'm honestly confused.

Definitely, but as these have historically been physical building contests, we've decided to keep to that end of the building spectrum. Permitting LDD entries in contests didn't go over very well.

Question -- rules say your entry must not be published prior to this contest. Does this mean published on bzpower or published on any website?

Entries may not have been posted anywhere on BZPower, but anywhere else on the internet is okay.

Great thanks! I will enter Nytebite my vampire MOC then. Now I'm thankful I didn't already post him here.

Quick Question.

Is a model still legible if it has a piece that is not attached to the main model, but is held on by friction of the pieces, or is that sort of thing not allowed?

Yes.

My entry was disqualified for not meeting the system/technic ratio requirement. Am I allowed to build and enter a different Moc, or am I disqualifed?

No. From the contest rules in the first post:

4) Only one entry per member. You cannot switch or modify models mid contest. Once you have entered, you may not "un-enter" your models and enter new or modified ones in their stead. You may opt to bow out of the contest for whatever reason but you cannot reenter under such a situation. If you get disqualified for any reason, you will not be allowed to reenter with another MOC in that contest.

Please, read the contest rules thoroughly before entering next time.

Umm...my entry isn't on the list, but one with the same name as mine is...b0ss halp?

Life's been busy and i haven't had the time for a couple days. That somebody else entered a Headless Horseman isn't an error, but a coincidence.

• Upvote 1

Quick Question.

Is a model still legible if it has a piece that is not attached to the main model, but is held on by friction of the pieces, or is that sort of thing not allowed?

Yes.

My entry was disqualified for not meeting the system/technic ratio requirement. Am I allowed to build and enter a different Moc, or am I disqualifed?

No. From the contest rules in the first post:

4) Only one entry per member. You cannot switch or modify models mid contest. Once you have entered, you may not "un-enter" your models and enter new or modified ones in their stead. You may opt to bow out of the contest for whatever reason but you cannot reenter under such a situation. If you get disqualified for any reason, you will not be allowed to reenter with another MOC in that contest.

Please, read the contest rules thoroughly before entering next time.

Umm...my entry isn't on the list, but one with the same name as mine is...b0ss halp?

Life's been busy and i haven't had the time for a couple days. That somebody else entered a Headless Horseman isn't an error, but a coincidence.

I just thought there could've been a mixup because of a coincidence.

When I submitted the entry form, I submitted an image that would make more sense to be a thumbnail because it was a very close up shot of the head. Will the judges judge off of that image, or the images posted in my topic?

The only image in the polls will be the image you submit as your entry picture.

When I submitted the entry form, I submitted an image that would make more sense to be a thumbnail because it was a very close up shot of the head. Will the judges judge off of that image, or the images posted in my topic?

Well, that stinks. Any possibility I can change the entry picture?

You can send me a link to the new entry picture.

You can send me a link to the new entry picture.

Ok, sent it!